ADVERTISEMENT

Are we in the 2nd wave now?

China has great numbers too, of course, you'd have to be an idiot to believe their numbers.
I don't know what China has to do with New York and California's numbers. Are you saying that New York has not had thousands of deaths? Or are you saying that California has actually had thousands of deaths and are hiding it?

This is difficult from an economic standpoint. But do you think magically ‘reopening’ is going to send everyone flying to Orlando to go to DisneyWorld? Nope. Won’t happen until Americans are comfortable being packed together again. Caution is not just the word used by doctors. I haven’t spoken to a single person pining to sit on a crowded airplane or in a packed movie theater. And that is no one’s fault.

Then stay inside. People just want the choice to go back to their lives however that may be and if you think it is best to lockdown then by all means do so. The point of the lockdowns was never to get rid of the disease, but spread it out and not overwhelm the hospitals. We did that and it worked great. But for the sake of our economy it is time get back toward some form of normal activity.

Reactions: dktum
Would median income be easier for you to understand? They're much higher in primarily Democrat States also. I've voted Republican Republican my whole life but it's just a fact. There may be more homeless people in Democrat states with large Urban centers, but there's no denying they're wealthier on average.
So, you're saying that income equates to "human development'? Do they evaluate real purchasing power or just financial income? We rented a house in Santa Clara for the championship game that had just sold for 1.6 mil...it would be a $200,000 house tops in the upstate.....groceries and gas were astronomical (taxes too I imagine)....so I'm not that impressed with the massive incomes in No. California or New York City either....wouldn't consider the incomes as an indicator of "human development". Do you?

This is so far off there rails from the post was originally responding to... Obviously there are things that are broken in those states just like there are in South Carolina (like the housing market in San Francisco), but if you don't think there is more poverty in red states than blue states (*on average*) I don't know what to tell you. Find one statistic or measure that states otherwise.

Just a bad flu right guys? Not even as bad as the flu. Over 80,000 dead in right around 2 months. Just a bad flu.:eek:

And remember how we make no effort to stop the spread of the flu either... That's 80,000 people dead with the country shut down for most of that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm for reopening (we have to), but to say this is the flu is just plain wrong.

There's another agenda going on here. Colorado just decreased their number of deaths by 25%. Numbers are padded. Just look at pnemonia death numbers. They've dropped dramatically. Like going off a cliff. Counting them as covid. Masks and social distancing have little affect. Their suppressing the malaria drug that works. Stop quarantining the healthy. Open up the country all the way. Why? Because every job is essential. Food is essential. Every rent or mortgage payment is essential. Stay in if your sick, elderly, have other health issues. These extended lockdowns are not necessary. The lockdowns are no longer just for the viruse. Media doing a disservice. Spreading panic. Lots of censorship happening on social media. Logical thinking. Jmo.

Last edited:
Could it be that poorer Americans are at greater risk and poor people are more likely to vote Democratic? It also might be that the virus spreads more easily in urban areas, which also tend to be more Democratic. The question is causation vs correlation.

I'm pretty sure that the democratic party just wants to win in November. They are on strike three with time running out. The final chance is to tank the economy. The ridiculous additional $600/week to unemployment benefits (puts unemployed people at $25/hr+ for sitting on their couch) assures that those employees won't go back to work to get less money. It is no accident that Pelosi is extending these benefits past the November elections so that the Dems can run on unemployment rate being higher than the great depression.

To your point on urban areas aiding the spread, lets assume that is correct. Is the solution for rural areas to adopt the same distancing rules? Lets just all go down on the Titanic together?

There is no "right" answer, but the partisan politics on both sides is very unpatriotic. Like everything else, the truth lies in the middle. But make no mistake the Democrats anthem remains "Never allow a crisis to go to waste".

I don't know what China has to do with New York and California's numbers. Are you saying that New York has not had thousands of deaths? Or are you saying that California has actually had thousands of deaths and are hiding it?
Well, I honestly don't remember what the point I was making was, that was yesterday.

At this point, I don't believe any of the statistics, and you're a fool if you do. China is keeping their numbers artificially low, they're lying to the World. The US seems to be inflating the numbers, listing covid-19 as COD for basically anyone who has died in the last few months.

There is not a single, reliable stat in this whole situation, because the tests are so inaccurate.

Reactions: nmerritt11
Well, I honestly don't remember what the point I was making was, that was yesterday.

At this point, I don't believe any of the statistics, and you're a fool if you do. China is keeping their numbers artificially low, they're lying to the World. The US seems to be inflating the numbers, listing covid-19 as COD for basically anyone who has died in the last few months.

There is not a single, reliable stat in this whole situation, because the tests are so inaccurate.

What’s funny is I just got an email from the pool we join and our kids swim for during summer.

1. Capacity is 42 based on 20% occupancy rule
2. No guests
3. Reservations required. 2 hour time slots
4. If your reservation is ruined by pool issues or weather you lose it
5. No more than 5 reservations a week

And get this...no discount for the summer and the discount for couples/people without kids is not applicable this year. So pay same price to really not even be able to use the pool and they won’t open at all if they don’t hit their budget numbers. Ridiculous

Reactions: Trading Tiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT