ADVERTISEMENT

Are you kidding me? What is wrong with this country?

And yet this very thread on an internet message board complaining about this scenario was started by a conservative. And you and many other conservatives are spring tour time commenting in it.
Get off your high horse. You have no idea what my political leanings are based on a single post on here.

No, not really. I get your sentiment, but conservatives usually have other things on their minds like going to work and living their lives.[/

This is the perfect quote @RaleighTiger . I chose a more practical route based in science and math. You know, the shvt that pays the gvddamn bills. We have a tech heavy Push Button Get Shvt generation that just thinks that shvt is gonna magically appear. I have a ticket to Nopeville just for you. I don’t give a Jack Shvt about Liberal BS Causes that lead nowhere. Especially about removing offeeeeeeensive political signs. Being one of the resident Libertarians on this board, I would actually march in there with Dem signage just to see what they would do.

Like most on the board.... I goto work, get shvt done, help generate revenue, figure shvt out, reduce cost, get a performance bonus, DONT BITCH and goto Litchfield in July. Pretty Simple. Oh, and TigerBall and Lot2 in The Fall

This is the perfect quote @RaleighTiger . I chose a more practical route based in science and math. You know, the shvt that pays the gvddamn bills. We have a tech heavy Push Button Get Shvt generation that just thinks that shvt is gonna magically appear. I have a ticket to Nopeville just for you. I don’t give a Jack Shvt about Liberal BS Causes that lead nowhere. Especially about removing offeeeeeeensive political signs. Being one of the resident Libertarians on this board, I would actually march in there with Dem signage just to see what they would do.

Like most on the board.... I goto work, get shvt done, help generate revenue, figure shvt out, reduce cost, get a performance bonus, DONT BITCH and goto Litchfield in July. Pretty Simple. Oh, and TigerBall and Lot2 in The Fall

Reactions: RaleighTiger
It's sad when you can't show support for a sitting President

Then you’ve got to take your blinders off. For any school to cancel a football game because some kids who don’t even play expressed their political feelings is the textbook definition of snowflake. Trying to infringe on their rights in order to make them conform to how the teachers and school board (who are and always have been liberals for decades across this country) view everything is beyond ridiculous.

They cancelled the game because of threats made against the school afterwards. I can see those threats coming from either side, but my guess is they’d have come from somebody who was pissed the kids were in trouble.

It's sad when you can't show support for a sitting President

The problem was campaign activity, not just support for the president. I do hope liberals keep things like this in mind when they cheer on political protests made during sporting events (and that people who love Trump remember this when they get upset about the left-wing’s attempt to politicize sports).

Last edited:
Reactions: firegiver
Nothing wrong with Liberals. You can have a good conversation with a Liberal, disagree, and everything is ok. Leftists ... that is another story.

Same is true with Conservatives and Neo-Cons

Post makes no sense. I'm not sure a lot of people have any idea what a neo-conservative is.

Last edited:
In 1936 FDR carried 46 of 48 states. Do you think a candidate will carry that many next year?

Reagan won 49/50 in ‘84, and nearly won the other one, too. People are too polarized for that to happen now- even really bizarre candidates will win party strongholds, and can even realign normally partisan states.

The thing that's REALLY wrong with this country (and this thread is a fine example) is that folks on BOTH sides of the aisle are quick to condemn the other side for ANYTHING that that side does wrong. BUT those same folks are absolutely silent when THEIR SIDE does the same thing. That's WAY F'd UP. Wrong is wrong, no matter whether you have a R or a D by your name.

People can also honestly disagree about issues without one side or the other being "out to destroy" our country. I don't believe that either side of our political aisle "hate America". But that's the first thing that either side spouts at the other. Usually followed by: We've got to FIGHT to take our country back. Back from who? Whether you are a New York business woman, A Texas rancher, A California hippy, or a single mom in an urban city, we are all Americans. We are all entitled to our opinions (no matter how silly) and entitled to work to make those opinions reality. That's why they call us a melting pot and our motto is "out of many, one". We've forgotten that and THAT'S what's wrong with us right now.

It's also the reason that I'm an independent/moderate. I'd be ashamed to be associated with either political party or the liberal/conservative base.

To the original subject of the thread, here's the solution (the same thing would apply for any political banner/movement): The principal walks down to the gym where the cheerleaders are meeting and asks: Who's clever idea was this? When he/she finds out, the person(s) to blame they get a Gibbs/NCIS head slap, followed by a brief lecture on why we don't do politics. Then he/she says, don't make me come back and have this conversation again. You won't like it. No mess no fuss. Kids do stupid shiit all the time. No one will even remember this in a couple of weeks

Last edited:
The problem was campaign activity, not just support for the president. I do hope liberals keep things like this in mind when they cheer on political protests made during sporting events (and that people who love Trump remember this when they get upset about the left-wing’s attempt to politicize sports).
Agreed, this is nuanced. Trying to make a football game a campaign rally is out of bounds. No need for everyone to get so upset.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
ADVERTISEMENT