ADVERTISEMENT

Arming Teachers. Who could have EVER seen this coming.

I don't think anyone in this thread actually read the article, especially the OP.
no need to read the article. Arming teachers is a non-starter. Its a stupid idea only muttered into existence as a diversionary tactic since the bought and paid NRA script of "Now is not the time for politics, now is the time for prayer" is played out.

AND like the good Pavlov dogs that we are, here we are slobbering and bantering about like morons as we wait for the next group of kids to get gunned down.

rinse repeat

People react differently to situations- shooting someone you know wouldn't be easy, plus nurses and teachers are about the worst when it comes to fighting back.

Wonder if they hesitate just a bit in shooting one of their students.

What about if it resulted in additional deaths, even incidental? Still worth it?

Finally, you can't choose just 2-3 male teachers, law will require you open up any compensation based plan to everyone- now let's think about that 5'3" 115 lb 9th grade math teacher as opposed to former Marine DL football coach.

I appreciate the need to do something, arming teachers just isn't it.

You make some good points and I can see where problems could arise but something needs to deter these idiots.

I think we will eventually see some type of system where small areas of a school can be closed off with bullet proof doors by someone monitoring it by video camera. Schools will be designed to make it very difficult for anyone to enter and gain access to students. Metal detectors will be standard to avoid having students walk in with guns.

Only issue is these things cost a lot of money.

Give me a gun if you want, but when Johnny Wheatstraw in 3rd period weights talks back I'm putting a cap in his a$$.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT