ADVERTISEMENT

Asylum Seekers Generate billions for the US Economy

PrimeIsGettingComfortable

Valles Marineris
Sep 5, 2023

• The net fiscal impact of refugees and asylees was positive over the 15-year period, at $123.8 billion. This means that refugees and asylees contributed more revenue than they cost in expenditures to the government. The net fiscal benefit to the federal government was estimated at $31.5 billion, and the net fiscal benefit to state and local governments was estimated at $92.3 billion.

States like South Carolina that depend on the federal government should be grateful for the asylum seekers they have and welcome many more. Maybe it wouldn’t be the 6th poorest state in the US if it embraced more hard-working people who want to capitalize on all the opportunities available.

So less than 10 billion a year for millions and millions coming in? Don't sound to impressive to me. Plus this alleged stats end in 2019 if true. And also South Carolina has 1 if not the lowest gas prices, house prices, groceries etc etc. Don't hate Carolina because this state isn't Far-left. You must a Yankee who came down here and never went back.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
OP would find a way to call this Maine scheme an economic benefit.

Update On Maine’s Plan To Give Illegal Immigrants Free Rent For 2 Years

- This 2 years of free rent is free if they don’t have a job, motivating illegals to do nothing but live off taxpayers

- The apartments illegals get for free would cost $1,800-$2,300 per month for American Citizens

- Maine will be helping illegals get jobs by going through the federal work authorization process and secure employment while they get their rent for free

- Illegals only have to pay 30% of the rent if they make more than half the average salary of $60k per year, otherwise it’s free!

- After 2 years they’ll be expected to pay 30% of the rent (While Americans living in Maine will continue to always pay 100% of their rent)

- Maine has completely filled to capacity portland expo center will illegal immigrants

Dan Brennan, the executive director of the Maine State Housing Authority, told WCSH that the program is a "unique solution to a very exciting opportunity in our state."

So less than 10 billion a year for millions and millions coming in? Don't sound to impressive to me. Plus this alleged stats end in 2019 if true. And also South Carolina has 1 if not the lowest gas prices, house prices, groceries etc etc. Don't hate Carolina because this state isn't Far-left. You must a Yankee who came down here and never went back.

I don’t hate South Carolina. It was an ok place to go to college. I just find it not terribly interesting.

I'm glad we're not "terribly interesting" go to California I'm sure they're "terribly interesting".
Love California. One of the best states in the US. They need to policies that encourage more housing development, but a highly educated, beautiful place. That’s why so many billionaires live there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT