ADVERTISEMENT

Biden drops out

Obviously I don’t agree that its impossible, but I don’t think she’s the best option. She would be making a massive mistake if she debated Trump. He would obliterate her. If she can have an impressive showing at the convention and they can keep her separated from Trump, she’ll have a shot, but I agree its a long shot at least at the moment.

Still, election is 14 weeks away which is basically an eternity in modern day election politics.
If the Dems attempt to pass her for another candidate, they will open pandora’s box on themselves.

Catch 22 here, for certain.

I think she could win. She polls better than Biden, most polls are within the margin of error and one even has them even. It's not impossible.

July 15-16992RVIpsosReutersHarris44%44%TrumpEVEN
Could, but I think she’d lose. She’s not a well-liked person.

It doesn’t make any sense to move away from Biden just to go with someone else in his administration that isn’t popular.

It doesn’t make any sense to move away from Biden just to go with someone else in his administration that isn’t popular.

The left has a shitty bench though. There aren’t any quality national names. And the outcry for passing over a female POC and sitting VP would be overwhelming.

I think she could win. She polls better than Biden, most polls are within the margin of error and one even has them even. It's not impossible.

July 15-16992RVIpsosReutersHarris44%44%TrumpEVEN
I mean, I guess she can still win. We’ll see how the next few months go, but she’s behind the 8 ball before she starts (again, like HRC). Would prefer someone with a cleaner slate. (Think Newsome is out for the same reason).

Reactions: fatpiggy

She's not as disliked as she used to be but if we're going to pick between two bad choices, at least she will inject some life into younger voters and possibly females

Trump just denounced project 2025. Called it part of the extreme right and he wants nothing to do with it. You guys are going to have to find another bogeyman.

Its amazing after all this time you still don’t see what’s happening right in front of your face. Is this another episode of me “living in my own reality?”

Trump has openly endorsed many individual aspects of Project 2025, and already tried implementing a particularly important project 2025 initiative in an October 2020 Executive Order removing civil service protections for federal employees, which Biden promptly repealed.

Reactions: dpic73
Its amazing after all this time you still don’t see what’s happening right in front of your face. Is this another episode of me “living in my own reality?”

Trump has openly endorsed many individual aspects of Project 2025, and already tried implementing a particularly important project 2025 initiative in an October 2020 Executive Order removing civil service protections for federal employees, which Biden promptly repealed.
It’s a choice

She's not as disliked as she used to be but if we're going to pick between two bad choices, at least she will inject some life into younger voters and possibly females
She’s been kinda tucked away for the last year or so. We’ll see how it goes as she makes more public appearances.

Her VP choice will be one of the more consequential in terms of adding viability to the ticket in recent memory.

I mean, I guess she can still win. We’ll see how the next few months go, but she’s behind the 8 ball before she starts (again, like HRC). Would prefer someone with a cleaner slate. (Think Newsome is out for the same reason).
We would all prefer someone else but at this point it pretty much has to be her or bust. She hasn't even started campaigning yet so we need to see how that goes before casting judgment. And I disagree with the poster who said Trump would destroy her in a debate. She's much better equipped to prosecute the case against him than Biden and if he comes across as bullying a woman, that could cost him as well.

A Kamala-Buttigieg ticket would be good. Not exciting or dramatic, but good. And would be a sensible option.

The Democrats should've been preparing for this the minute Biden was inaugurated in January 2021. The reason they ran Biden was he could beat Trump. He accomplished that -- and then they didn't think about 2024 until the day after the first debate.
An incompetent whore and a queer. That’s just what we need. That ticket would be the laughingstock of the world and instill ZERO fear in the enemies of the United States

• Angry
Reactions: fatpiggy and dpic73
We would all prefer someone else but at this point it pretty much has to be her or bust. She hasn't even started campaigning yet so we need to see how that goes before casting judgment. And I disagree with the poster who said Trump would destroy her in a debate. She's much better equipped to prosecute the case against him than Biden and if he comes across as bullying a woman, that could cost him as well.
Prepare for bust. Let’s try making our candidate a victim! That’ll work. Hahaha

You sound like a coot fan attempting to tell Clemson fans his 1-10 team is going to be Watson/TL teams.

You don’t think there was anything crooked about the 2020 election?
We’re just going to have to agree to disagree here. After 4 years I’ve seen zero evidence that’s held up in court. You think the smoke is enough to convince you and lack of enthusiasm for the winner. Neither is going to change the others mind. Don’t feel like getting into an argument on the internet. Have a good one.

Reactions: Orange&Purple
Read quite well.

This isn’t going to go the way you hoped.
Let me spell it out as clearly as I can for you. I don’t think she’d win against Trump.

In another post, I said, “I wouldn’t trust Kamala to run a chick fil a.”

Darn, I must be one of those crazy liberals who’s determined to nominate a black female just for the sake of it

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree here. After 4 years I’ve seen zero evidence that’s held up in court. You think the smoke is enough to convince you and lack of enthusiasm for the winner. Neither is going to change the others mind. Don’t feel like getting into an argument on the internet. Have a good one.
I’m on the opposite side of your opinion, but I do agree with you here.

Reactions: UrHuckleberry
Let me spell it out as clearly as I can for you. I don’t think she’d win against Trump.

In another post, I said, “I wouldn’t trust Kamala to run a chick fil a.”

Darn, I must be one of those crazy liberals who’s determined to nominate a black female just for the sake of it
I didn’t see your post at that point.

Glad to see you’re not blind.

Well Republicans get what they want. Let's see if they like it come November.
It's not what I wanted. I would have loved Joe to stay the candidate, he had no chance to win.

For the sake of the country, it was best that he step down. The country will be better off if Trump has a legitimate opponent. Competition is good.

She’s been kinda tucked away for the last year or so. We’ll see how it goes as she makes more public appearances.

Her VP choice will be one of the more consequential in terms of adding viability to the ticket in recent memory.
Mark Kelly, former fighter pilot, astronaut, and AZ Senator has been floated. I would love Beshear but Kelly is the best option

Mark Kelly, former fighter pilot, astronaut, and AZ Senator has been floated. I would love Beshear but Kelly is the best option
Beshear would be another great option. The four best would be him, Kelly, Pritzker or Shapiro - my favorite - popular moderate governor in a swing state.

Beshear would be another great option. The four best would be him, Kelly, Pritzker or Shapiro - my favorite - popular moderate governor in a swing state.
I like Shapiro as well. I think for this election in particular Kelly is the answer. The Republican’s have and will continue to hang the immigration crisis on Kamala, they’ve done a good job with that messaging so far.

Kelly will be able to take that issue over pretty effectively I think.

I don’t hear republican’s addressing what’s going on in Texas. When it inevitably flips blue in the presidential elections they are royally screwed.
Anyone who thinks Texas is flipping blue anytime in the near future is absolutely delusional.

Not really a political person but for the democrats, what’s the general thought across the party that the primary was basically pointless and it seems like power brokers get to choose the candidate and not a vote?

Funny how we’ve had a literal vegetable for a leader of the free world for 4 years and now that he’s losing in the polls, the democrats along with their strong ally - the press - finally “realizes” he’s too old.

What a great hoax this presidency was!

America, don’t get fooled again! Trump in a landslide this coming November!

Trump just denounced project 2025. Called it part of the extreme right and he wants nothing to do with it. You guys are going to have to find another bogeyman.

Man. Ignoring all the other insanity itt, you really believe trump isn't in bed with these people?

I don't care if he personally believes any of it.

Come on.

Reactions: clemsontiger02

I don’t want Trump. But I also roll my eyes a bit at this fascism, end of democracy and now project 2025 being the ruin of the country.

Not really a political person but for the democrats, what’s the general thought across the party that the primary was basically pointless and it seems like power brokers get to choose the candidate and not a vote?

Any other Republican candidate and this is a valid concern.

It doesn't matter running against Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT