ADVERTISEMENT

Biden drops out

My question is this.. why did the self proclaimed defenders of democracy (which is total BS) not force Biden out before the primary season so the Dems could actually have a primary and pick their nominee then? Biden had the same dimentia or cognitive issues then that he has now. This condition didn’t just start when they had the debate a couple weeks ago. It almost seems like this whole thing was planned to lay this on a silver platter for Kamala. I mean, she was Obama’s pick for VP, and that’s probably why she got the VP job. And reports even on liberal sites were saying Biden was livid at Obama because he knew he was the ringleader behind the scenes pushing for Biden to quit the race. This whole farce is the farthest thing from Democracy. But with todays Democratic Party it doesn’t surprise me in the least. IMO this is what a coup looks like. Not in the sense that Biden shouldn’t have stepped down, but how it was carried out so the voters would have no say. This is a historical event in this country and Biden just writes a letter? Really? Nobody even knows if the guy is alive or not… was Biden threatened and told if he didn’t step down he would get Trumps Barney Fife not so secret service detail?

Now they get to appoint their next candidate. All in the name of democracy.

I remember hearing a "conspiracy theory" back in March that Biden wasn't going to be the guy. They were going to force him out and pick Newsom in hopes of getting Michelle Obama to run as VP.

Half of that has come true. I guess we'll wait to see the other half.

Where do these conspiracy nuts come up with this stuff and how did he know in March?

Reactions: fatpiggy
Now they get to appoint their next candidate. All in the name of democracy.
Im beginning to think it won't be Kamala. She is a heavy underdog to Trump right now. She is pretty much a joke candidate. She was polling at 1%. What a slap in the face to democratic voters.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Im beginning to think it won't be Kamala. She is a heavy underdog to Trump right now. She is pretty much a joke candidate. She was polling at 1%. What a slap in the face to democratic voters.
It will be Newsom. I edited my above post. But i heard this back in March and half of it's true. I guess we'll wait to see about the other half.

This isn’t a “candidate vs candidate” race. This is a “candidate vs system” race.A cold, faceless system that doesn’t care about you or what you want.It doesn’t even care about its own candidates, which it easily discards and selects without any regard for a lifetime of public service or the democratic process.It wants to win at any cost, because it has a LOT to lose.

For the next 5 months we have a President who isn't fit to run again for the same position. But they just found this out during the debate. The had no clue this guy was this bad off.
I think this will be a big issue for Harris. I also think that there will be a lot of pressure on him to resign and that will create noise for the democrats trying to focus on the election.

I think this will be a big issue for Harris. I also think that there will be a lot of pressure on him to resign and that will create noise for the democrats trying to focus on the election.

Exactly. If the Democrats are going to have a "coming clean" moment, they can't continue to lie and claim that Biden is fit to finish out his term.

This thing has been very poorly handled, but that is mostly because of weak leadership.

Kamala should have invoked the 25th amendment in the 2-3 days after the debate. She could no longer responsibly sit idly by and watch that happen. Very poor leadership.

This isn’t a “candidate vs candidate” race. This is a “candidate vs system” race.A cold, faceless system that doesn’t care about you or what you want.It doesn’t even care about its own candidates, which it easily discards and selects without any regard for a lifetime of public service or the democratic process.It wants to win at any cost, because it has a LOT to lose.
I'm not a Democrat, but I can't imagine any American being ok with Appointed Candidates that you didn't vote for. Feels wrong in every since and they should be livid, as I am.

We don't appoint Presidents in this country. When has that ever been ok?

I'm not a Democrat, but I can't imagine any American being ok with Appointed Candidates that you didn't vote for. Feels wrong in every since and they should be livid, as I am.

Apparently since 2020

She hasn't been appointed president - you still have another choice.

It still feels like there should be an open process. But the bigger issue to me is leaving Biden in office.
She can still be challenged if someone else wants to jump into the ring so it technically is an open process.

And let's be clear - Biden has not been diagnosed with dementia - the reason he was pushed out was because they thought he couldn't win. He'll be fine for the next six months.

• Haha
Reactions: Tiger Guru
4 hr 15 min ago

CNN Poll of Polls on a potential Harris-Trump matchup finds a close race and no clear leader

From CNN’s Jennifer Agiesta

A CNN Poll of Polls average of recent polls testing Vice President Kamala Harris against former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election found a close race with no clear leader.

The CNN Poll of Polls is an average of the six most recent nonpartisan national surveys of registered or likely voters that meet CNN’s standards and ask about a 2024 presidential general election between Harris and Trump.

The Poll of Polls includes results from the CBS News/YouGov poll conducted from July 16 to 18, the NBC News poll conducted July 7 to 9, the Fox News poll conducted July 7 to 10, the NPR/PBS News/Marist College poll conducted July 9 to 10, the ABC News/Washington Post/Ipsos poll conducted July 5 to 9 and the CNN poll conducted June 28 to 30.

Results show Trump holds 48% support in the average of six recent polls testing the matchup, while Harris holds 47%. Each poll was conducted after the CNN Presidential Debate last month and just one – the CBS/YouGov poll – was after the assassination attempt on Trump on July 13.

Surveys including named third-party or independent candidates are not included. When a pollster has released multiple polls in that timeframe, only their most recent is included in the average.

She can still be challenged if someone else wants to jump into the ring so it technically is an open process.

And let's be clear - Biden has not been diagnosed with dementia - the reason he was pushed out was because they thought he couldn't win. He'll be fine for the next six months.
Prior to the debate and interviews, I might have bought that.

However, our enemies have seen him at his worst. That is a national security risk. Do you have confidence that if something happens at 2:00AM he will be in position to manage it? Could he manage a crisis that required 24 hour a day attention?

Having had a FIL with very similar symptoms, and not Alzheimer’s, there is no way I want him in that position.

Prior to the debate and interviews, I might have bought that.

However, our enemies have seen him at his worst. That is a national security risk. Do you have confidence that if something happens at 2:00AM he will be in position to manage it? Could he manage a crisis that required 24 hour a day attention?

Having had a FIL with very similar symptoms, and not Alzheimer’s, there is no way I want him in that position.
Yes I do and he has a competent team around him for support as well. I don't think he could have made it to 86 but I think he'll be fine for the next six months.

That is not “far more” than Trump can do. She argue in front of a court. Trump is the star of prime time tv and is a master debater. I don’t think she can hold Trumps jock when it comes to arguing convincingly. It’s so why she was polling 1% . Because she sucks at being persuasive.

And everyone does hear her voice like I do. Again, that’s why she polled 1%
I hear you. By any chance do you know what she polled at in 2020?

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
4 hr 15 min ago

CNN Poll of Polls on a potential Harris-Trump matchup finds a close race and no clear leader

From CNN’s Jennifer Agiesta

A CNN Poll of Polls average of recent polls testing Vice President Kamala Harris against former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election found a close race with no clear leader.

The CNN Poll of Polls is an average of the six most recent nonpartisan national surveys of registered or likely voters that meet CNN’s standards and ask about a 2024 presidential general election between Harris and Trump.

The Poll of Polls includes results from the CBS News/YouGov poll conducted from July 16 to 18, the NBC News poll conducted July 7 to 9, the Fox News poll conducted July 7 to 10, the NPR/PBS News/Marist College poll conducted July 9 to 10, the ABC News/Washington Post/Ipsos poll conducted July 5 to 9 and the CNN poll conducted June 28 to 30.

Results show Trump holds 48% support in the average of six recent polls testing the matchup, while Harris holds 47%. Each poll was conducted after the CNN Presidential Debate last month and just one – the CBS/YouGov poll – was after the assassination attempt on Trump on July 13.

Surveys including named third-party or independent candidates are not included. When a pollster has released multiple polls in that timeframe, only their most recent is included in the average.

Trump aint winning this election. I'd bet right now before I even know the candidate.

Yes I do and he has a competent team around him for support as well. I don't think he could have made it to 86 but I think he'll be fine for the next six months.
First, I don’t want a team making decisions. That is no accountability and you can’t negotiate with other leaders with a team.

I hope we don’t have to find out if he is capable.

No. I know nothing about Kamala's private life. I wasn't commenting on that nor will I.

This post below is what I was commenting on. I'm expecting a lot of this kind of rhetoric going forward, and it will make Trump even less popular than he is, and they won't be able to help themselves because it's who they are.
If you don’t know anything about that, then why comment on it at all. Sure, it could have been worded better, but this is a message board.

Her personal relationships aren’t a secret and definitely point to getting ahead in her political career…….

LoL what legit questions?
I think it is clear he has diminished capacity. Having dealt with an elderly parent (FIL) that exhibited similar symptoms, there is no way I am comfortable with him being in charge in a crisis.

Harris and the rest of his family and staff have been protecting him. I can’t imagine anyone thinking the debate was the first sign of these issues.

If you don’t know anything about that, then why comment on it at all. Sure, it could have been worded better, but this is a message board.

Her personal relationships aren’t a secret and definitely point to getting ahead in her political career…….
Such wisdom. I'll try to do better.

I want trump to win, so this is no love fest for Kamala- she is horrible. EVEN SO, trump has never polled above 50% - even after the debate against Joe. While trump may have ended up with a large electoral college victory over Joe by narrow victories in some swing states, he was never going to have a massive popular vote win. All that matters is what happens in the swing states. Picking Kelly as vp probably wins AZ for Kamala. What happens in PA likely decides this one.

At the very least, she does not have dementia. That might be enough. This election will not be won based on who people like. It will be based on who people like the least. Most people are voting against someone rather than for someone in this election. Most dems were going to vote for Joe to keep trump out and that will not change with Kamala. What MIGHT change is that some independents and possible some minorities( women/black voters) may vote for her when they would not vote for Joe.
This is exactly right. Whether we like it or not, people aren’t voting for policy, they are voting because of Trump, one way or the other.

Nikki Palin could keep her policies, switch to being a democrat by name and the idiot left would vote for her over Trump. This election is solely on Trump derangement syndrome.

No one, not even dpic or okclem can refute any of that.

I think it is clear he has diminished capacity. Having dealt with an elderly parent (FIL) that exhibited similar symptoms, there is no way I am comfortable with him being in charge in a crisis.

Harris and the rest of his family and staff have been protecting him. I can’t imagine anyone thinking the debate was the first sign of these issues.
Okay, so what legit questions?

This is exactly right. Whether we like it or not, people aren’t voting for policy, they are voting because of Trump, one way or the other.

Nikki Palin could keep her policies, switch to being a democrat by name and the idiot left would vote for her over Trump. This election is solely on Trump derangement syndrome.

Nikki Palin, you say?

Okay, so what legit questions?
Why she protected him instead of protecting the country and bringing his condition forward.

I get it would be hard, but all his team publicly said he had no issues and was fully clear. I don’t buy it.

Harris 2024: 1% Polling, DEI, Not Black, Slut

Inflationary policies
Border disaster
- Let An incompetent President stay in office without saying anything
- was too weak to invoke the 25th amendment

Of course it is because he's just that dangerous. If you really cared about re-taking the White House, you would have elected Nikki and she would have won in a landslide. But you aren't voting on policy either, you're voting for a madman because you want him to destroy your enemies. Nikki could have the greatest conservative platform in history but it wouldn't matter because she might not own the libs to your liking.

LOL. This is a huge shit show and you are ok flinging it around.

An open process in our democratic republic is that the party nominee for president is voted by the people. The next nominee would not have been voted by the people. Therefore, it isn’t an open process. Could you imagine what the blowback and conversation would be by the left if the republicans did this?

Quick splitting hairs. They thought he could win because of his dementia. You can’t sit there with a straight face and say that Biden doesn’t have deep cognitive issues. The left have known this for years, but “he’s sharp as a tack.” Either your cognitive abilities are crap, you have single digit IQ, or you’re just a troll if really believe there is nothing wrong with Bidens ability to be our current president.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT