ADVERTISEMENT

But why?

iceheart08

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Why would you oppose mail-in ballots? T

Fraud goes up? Thats made up nonsense. How do I know? We've been doing mail in statewide in Colorado since 2014. There is a system in place to check the signature you provide on the ballot against the signature you use to register. It works.

So, since there's objectively no fraud, or any real concern about fraud, how could you oppose mail-in ballots?

Why is the republican party so vehemently against ballot access? Fraud is not real.

tenor.gif

Fraud goes up? Thats made up nonsense. How do I know? We've been doing mail in statewide in Colorado since 2014. There is a system in place to check the signature you provide on the ballot against the signature you use to register. It works.

So, since there's objectively no fraud, or any real concern about fraud, how could you oppose mail-in ballots?

Why is the republican party so vehemently against ballot access? Fraud is not real.
Cool story bro.

Cost

It is very real. Your grasp of reality however is not "real." Dems will cheat in any way and every way they can. Conservatives know the media will cover for them every step of the way. Now that is reality my friend.

You have literally no evidence to back this up. And oh guess what, we have 6 years of almost fraud free elections in Colorado. Know why I said almost? Two Republicans have been arrested for voting using others ballots.

You claiming I have no grasp on reality while you make up issues is rich.

Find me evidence. Any. Please.

Can you mail in the registration, too?

If you have a Colorado license you can register online, otherwise you have to mail the doc or go in to the clerk's office.

The signature is the key piece here so that we can match it to the signature you put on your ballot.

Literally thousands of voters have their mail in ballots rejected every year due to this system being overly cautious. It works in preventing fraud.

Why are you asking questions to which you already know the answer? And on TI of all places?

The signature is the key piece here so that we can match it to the signature you put on your ballot.

Literally thousands of voters have their mail in ballots rejected every year due to this system being overly cautious.
CYQj.gif

You have literally no evidence to back this up. And oh guess what, we have 6 years of almost fraud free elections in Colorado. Know why I said almost? Two Republicans have been arrested for voting using others ballots.

Since they went to mail-in ballots what's happened to the election results in your state? I'll hang up and listen.

I'm not going to bother with examples that you'll refute out of hand. The point is that Democrats have demonstrated they'll cheat and do anything to win. We need to limit those opportunities as much as possible. The media will absolutely cover for them as we have witnessed in so many situations. Bottom line, I don't trust them even 1%. I have 1 million reasons to feel this way. One side only cares about more government power. The GOP pretty stupid most of the time. It isn't like they've done much of anything right. But at least they don't try to control every aspect of people's lives. Democrats want it all and they want it now. This is just another way to help them get there. Sorry... I am not playing that game. I know the character, or the complete lack thereof, that Democrats have shown time and time again. Don't trust them and won't ever trust them until we have an honest media and a lot more checks and balances that were originally intended with our country in place.

Playing devils advocate because I’m in agreement we need to figure out ways to modernize voting. To me, mail in ballots become sketchy on the receipt part. Duplicating becomes easy after a ballot is filled out, ballots can be destroyed, etc.

Reactions: PmaTiger
Since they went to mail-in ballots what's happened to the election results in your state? I'll hang up and listen.

I'm not going to bother with examples that you'll refute out of hand. The point is that Democrats have demonstrated they'll cheat and do anything to win. We need to limit those opportunities as much as possible. The media will absolutely cover for them as we have witnessed in so many situations. Bottom line, I don't trust them even 1%. I have 1 million reasons to feel this way. One side only cares about more government power. The GOP pretty stupid most of the time. It isn't like they've done much of anything right. But at least they don't try to control every aspect of people's lives. Democrats want it all and they want it now. This is just another way to help them get there. Sorry... I am not playing that game. I know the character, or the complete lack thereof, that Democrats have shown time and time again. Don't trust them and won't ever trust them until we have an honest media and a lot more checks and balances that were originally intended witour country in place.

Know who won his election as a direct result of mail in ballots? Cory gardner. Republicans swept the state offices in 2014 as well.

And Donald trump isnt all of those things?

Playing devils advocate because I’m in agreement we need to figure out ways to modernize voting. To me, mail in ballots become sketchy on the receipt part. Duplicating becomes easy after a ballot is filled out, ballots can be destroyed, etc.

I don't think those issues are inherent to mail in voting though. What's the difference between destroying a mailed in ballot and one that's been voted in person?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by duplicating?

Reactions: griffgolf
Pretty sure it got Cory Gardner elected.

Mail-in balloting skews to older voters who often tend to vote Republican.

This is objectively true. There are studies, but also, I worked on the Udall Campaign. This is exactly what happened, a surge in 65+ voters, particularly in the southern part of the state, Pueblo and Colorado springs.

Do you REALLY believe California is comparable to Colorado? This is California we are talking about!!!

Pretty sure it got Cory Gardner elected.

Mail-in balloting skews to older voters who often tend to vote Republican.

If that is true, it is the exception, not the rule. But yes, let's point out the 1 out of however many elected offices so we can say it's an invalid point. C'mon man. That's weak sauce.

And as I stated before. Even if Colorado is 100% legit, and I'd even be willing to just grant that it is for the purposes of moving the discussion. I don't trust that this would be true in other places. I want as iron clad an electoral process as possible. 538 thinks there's no advantage to either party and that may even be true at this time. Once it was for all the marbles, I just have no faith that would continue to be the case. Both sides lie over and over again. The only difference is Dems have cover in the media and the media will lie about the GOP to help the Dems. There's tons of evidence to support this.

Do you REALLY believe California is comparable to Colorado? This is California we are talking about!!!

The president just shot it down for the whole country.

Why in gods name would Dems be looking to cheat in California? We could not campaign at all and still win a huge majority in the state.

I dont think everyone SHOULD vote, that voting is a priviledge not a right, and If you dont care enough to come to the poll, I dont want you voting.

Furthermore, if it were up to me, there would be a test to pass (heavy on the Constitution) before being allowed to vote... as well as a some requirement for property ownership or history of paying taxes. I want people who have a stake in the country , even in a small way, to decide the representation.

You know the only way Dems win is by voter fraud, mail in ballots open up a pletheroa of opportunities for voter fraud. It would be impossible to police such an undertaking to ensure fairness. Democrats know they could tie things up for 6-12 months with frivolous claims and hence take away a large portion of Trumps next term, they could also rustle up their special interest groups by using their tried and true claims of discrimination. To even argue this shows what a piece of shit fraud you are. Your party better be more concerned with the fraudulent witch-hunts they have already illegally engaged in.

Reactions: hinds62
I dont think everyone SHOULD vote, that voting is a priviledge not a right, and If you dont care enough to come to the poll, I dont want you voting.

Furthermore, if it were up to me, there would be a test to pass (heavy on the Constitution) before being allowed to vote... as well as a some requirement for property ownership or history of paying taxes. I want people who have a stake in the country , even in a small way, to decide the representation.
OK Boomer.

You know the only way Dems win is by voter fraud, mail in ballots open up a pletheroa of opportunities for voter fraud. It would be impossible to police such an undertaking to ensure fairness. Democrats know they could tie things up for 6-12 months with frivolous claims and hence take away a large portion of Trumps next term, they could also rustle up their special interest groups by using their tried and true claims of discrimination. To even argue this shows what a piece of shit fraud you are. Your party better be more concerned with the fraudulent witch-hunts they have already illegally engaged in.

Yikes man.

Another yikes.

Wow.

Yes! Let’s be real, if you cannot answer simple Constitutional questions, if you don’t pay taxes, you shouldn’t be allowed a vote. You should have to show up to vote in person, photo I’d. Of course several democrats campaigned on letting prisoners vote, even death row inmates, pedophiles, all of em. Can you imagine having your vote offset by a child rapist in jail?

o and you cannot trust the democratic national committee.

we know they were accomplices in an attempted coup.

i would not trust a one of them until someone is held accountable for the fraud in 2016.

paying taxes is not a requirement to be an american.

those that make less than some figure get more back than they put in.

including all those illegals (who are being taken advantage of because they are illegal.)

9 out of 10 illegals are actually closer aligned politically with republicans.

Yes! Let’s be real, if you cannot answer simple Constitutional questions, if you don’t pay taxes, you shouldn’t be allowed a vote. You should have to show up to vote in person, photo I’d. Of course several democrats campaigned on letting prisoners vote, even death row inmates, pedophiles, all of em. Can you imagine having your vote offset by a child rapist in jail?

Where in the constitution does it say that my god given right to vote is contingent on anything other than being a citizen (but nowhere does it say that I have to prove that to anyone to vote).

Founding fathers didn't say--you can vote if you the govt or state issues you a piece of plastic with your name and picture on it. They didn't say you had to pay any money (for an id or a poll tax or anything). They didn't say you had to even speak a specific language or that your signature needed to match something on some roll (with even worse signature tech in person for voting than the ridiculous grocery store signing thingy).

You are a citizen--you get to vote. Period. And if you vote and you aren't a citizen then you are subject to jail time (you don't have to prove it, but you have to pay a penalty if you break that rule).

I don't know why everyone that is all about freedom is suddenly super happy to have the govt step in and curtail citizens rights. The flips and flops people make because of partisanship is weird.

Plenty of states have had mail-in voting for DECADES and despite peoples best attempts to find fraud--it really doesn't exist (except in North Carolina by a republican operative--the rest of the cases are basically human error and happen with both parties and like .000something small when you consider the billions of ballots cast in local and national elections). Even if there were a small problem--the number of voters in a single election who don't vote bc they can't stand in a ridiculous hours-long line bc a state wants to limit votes coming from a region and doesn't give people a holiday to get off work and vote far outweighs any claims of fraud in one single election.

Where in the constitution does it say that my god given right to vote is contingent on anything other than being a citizen (but nowhere does it say that I have to prove that to anyone to vote).

Founding fathers didn't say--you can vote if you the govt or state issues you a piece of plastic with your name and picture on it. They didn't say you had to pay any money (for an id or a poll tax or anything). They didn't say you had to even speak a specific language or that your signature needed to match something on some roll (with even worse signature tech in person for voting than the ridiculous grocery store signing thingy).

You are a citizen--you get to vote. Period. And if you vote and you aren't a citizen then you are subject to jail time (you don't have to prove it, but you have to pay a penalty if you break that rule).

I don't know why everyone that is all about freedom is suddenly super happy to have the govt step in and curtail citizens rights. The flips and flops people make because of partisanship is weird.

Plenty of states have had mail-in voting for DECADES and despite peoples best attempts to find fraud--it really doesn't exist (except in North Carolina by a republican operative--the rest of the cases are basically human error and happen with both parties and like .000something small when you consider the billions of ballots cast in local and national elections). Even if there were a small problem--the number of voters in a single election who don't vote bc they can't stand in a ridiculous hours-long line bc a state wants to limit votes coming from a region and doesn't give people a holiday to get off work and vote far outweighs any claims of fraud in one single election.
They also didn’t say everyone standing on American soil could vote. The way it was framed it’s easy to see their intent. They did say you had to be a legal citizen, it’s the election officials duty to ensure that stipulation is adhered to. Best way? Show up with valid ID.
If you don’t have a 6th grade understanding of our gov’t, you absolutely shouldn’t be able to vote. BTW, in San Diego, Democrats used Mail in ballots to bloat the voter count drastically in favor of dems, how much? 3.5 million more people are registered to vote than are alive.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...oters-outnumber-eligible-voters-462-counties/

Last edited:
Reactions: hinds62 and lans
If you don’t have a 6th grade understanding of our gov’t, you absolutely shouldn’t be able to vote. BTW, in San Diego, Democrats used Mail in ballots to bloat the voter count drastically in favor of dems, how much? 3.5 million more people are registered to vote than are alive.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2017...oters-outnumber-eligible-voters-462-counties/

wait wait wait. what you are arguing isnt at all what that article says. from the national review nonetheless.

1. Did those people vote? No.
2. Are those people all democrats? Absolutely not.
3. Is that fraud? again, absolutely not.

This is a problem with the way clerks in those places deal with dead people and people who move. This is an administrative problem, not a god damn democratic conspiracy.

and the idea that you should be able to, subjectively, decide what qualifies someone to vote in this country is literally unamerican.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT