ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of another mandatory lockdown in SC at 100%???

We don't want the country shut down, which is why we're encouraging others to wear masks. It's not that difficult to understand. Either Asians have some sort of genetic immunity to the disease or masks work.

so we wear masks until when? This time next year? Fvck that...the death rate is minimal and people need to go on with their lives. This is old, tiring, killing all small business’ and some corporations

"Copied from an OSHA certified gentleman:
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT
I wanna cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Stewart’s and the guy with Covid has N95 mask his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Stewart’s (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGG these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask with render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”
Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as the walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” the “pshh’d” me.
By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything.
You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf
ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide.
Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best!!!! It actually risks health. !!!!! The moisture causes A in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
Ultimate Answer: N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale. (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way)
Cloth masks are WORSE than none.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work."

Again, as I’ve said since this whole thing started, people utilizing PPE that have no damn clue how to use them is basically worthless. People who wear a mask, walk into a store, come out, hang it on their rear view or put in their console aren’t doing anything. Sure, clinical people can sit and state all day, everyday masks can help and masks can work aren’t incorrect but they are trained and understand how to use these. The people touching the mask, using them in public, and reusing them over and over don’t realize that they are doing nothing more than making others around them “feel safe!” It’s like having a gun with no bullets. It looks good, might make people around you feel safe, but if you don’t know how to use it, is it really protecting you?

Reactions: tigergrad03
Is hospital data available somewhere? I have not seen that yet. I was under the impression that we were not at capacity, but if that’s incorrect I’d be interested to see.

The link below does not provide itemized numbers per hospital, only overall numbers.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/south-carolina

The info was cited in an article I read a week ago regarding Chester Hospital and one other facility that was above 90 percent. If I can find it will link.
DHEC has the hospitalization numbers rising on their daily update. Though admittedly over the weekend there was a slight decline.

It’s all symbolic just like pretty much everything the president does in the public eye. You seem a little bit retarded so I don’t expect you to understand a concept like that.

You should change your avatar to one that has a mask for symbolic purposes. that would mean a lot to our fragile selves

Reactions: tigergrad03
so bc your family works in healthcare, that makes masks legit. I work in healthcare and don't agree. does that change your position or do I need to be family?
What’s your title? I would bet my life’s savings that you aren’t a healthcare provider. Your opinion is just as worthless as mine but at least I’m supported by science.

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT
I wanna cover 3 things
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Stewart’s and the guy with Covid has N95 mask his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Stewart’s (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGG these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask with render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”
Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as the walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” the “pshh’d” me.
You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf
ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide.
Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best!!!! It actually risks health. !!!!! The moisture causes A in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale. (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way)

Again, as I’ve said since this whole thing started, people utilizing PPE that have no damn clue how to use them is basically worthless. People who wear a mask, walk into a store, come out, hang it on their rear view or put in their console aren’t doing anything. Sure, clinical people can sit and state all day, everyday masks can help and masks can work aren’t incorrect but they are trained and understand how to use these. The people touching the mask, using them in public, and reusing them over and over don’t realize that they are doing nothing more than making others around them “feel safe!” It’s like having a gun with no bullets. It looks good, might make people around you feel safe, but if you don’t know how to use it, is it really protecting you?

When I wear a mask it is not to protect me but to protect other people from me in case I have it. That is the point, and I don't understand why it is so hard for people to grasp.

Exposure-Masking-Infographic_FNL-A.jpg

So Masks?
I wanna cover 3 things
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

by the way... Tell your wife not to book any more trips to NYC. This is a great move by the democrat leadership of NY, NJ and CT. Got to keep those non mask wearing yokels out. NY has kicked Covid's ass while cases and hospitalizations in southern states spike.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ne...w-jersey-14-day-quarantine-states-coronavirus

So Masks?
I wanna cover 3 things
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

I’m OSHA 30 certified as well. Tons of people in industry are. To use that as a qualification on this topic is a complete joke. I’m not reading anything after that.

What’s your title? I would bet my life’s savings that you aren’t a healthcare provider. Your opinion is just as worthless as mine but at least I’m supported by science.

I don't think you'd believe me either way. my opinion is supported by a balanced point of view.

You proved my point but you’re too stupid to realize it.

FYI
^^^^ was in reference to what is written, not the writer.

However, I did just now call you too stupid to realize it. To call you @johnhugh really is the same thing. So you may have a little bit of a point.
I don't understand the johnhugh reference, so if that makes you smarter than me, then so be it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT