ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of another mandatory lockdown in SC at 100%???

Didn't we already flatten the curve so the system would have time to prepare to handle the sick? If we are going to rip the band-aid off do it during the summer months. IMO. BTW when testing goes up, then you are going to see a spike.

BTW, I am not suggesting for people that know they are sick to not quarantine. Or for those at risk to be out. If you are at risk you should take precautions like not being out whether people wear masks or not. Also, probably not a bad idea for everyone to take Vitamin D.
Take Vitamin D, C and Zinc to keep that immunity system going strong.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Didn't we already flatten the curve so the system would have time to prepare to handle the sick? If we are going to rip the band-aid off do it during the summer months. IMO. BTW when testing goes up, then you are going to see a spike.

BTW, I am not suggesting for people that know they are sick to not quarantine. Or for those at risk to be out. If you are at risk you should take precautions like not being out whether people wear masks or not. Also, probably not a bad idea for everyone to take Vitamin D.
yes we did flatten the curve. Now the cases appear to be increasing pretty dramatically day to day. The idea is to flatten the curve and keep it flat and then have the cases gradually decrease.

I’m all for opening things back and letting people practice social distancing when possible and continuing to wear masks to try and mitigate the spread as much as possible. It’s sad that this thing has become so political.

This. These libtards are so concerned about life for some, but will absolutely fight to the death to have the ability to take the life of others.
It could just as easily be said that you Trumptards are so concerned about regulating the bodies and decisions of women to protect the lives of the unborn but don't give a shit about older and/or poor people, those that don't contribute to the economy. Those of you that claim religion as the basis for your decisions and stand on this moral high ground only seem to follow (at least what I know about) Jesus' word only when it's convenient...

You’re crazy if you think every doctor or medical worker wears a mask out in public every time. It just doesn’t happen.

It is way more rare than people think. I have been in meetings all throughout this and rarely see masks. They mask up for facilities and patients but not in office or out and about.

This. These libtards are so concerned about life for some, but will absolutely fight to the death to have the ability to take the life of others.

Yep, but the other side is exactly the same. All the conservatives saying how all life is sacred (pro-lifers) but are more than willing to let old and unhealthy die to get the economy rolling.

Dude ... just because you refuse to listen or read the evidence doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. People can’t understand the material for you.

No he's actually got it right. I just says a lot about him, what he got out of it. A normal mask will absolutely NOT protect you from getting Covid. However, they are effective from stopping YOU from giving Covid to other folks. Since it doesn't protect HIM, it's useless. He doesn't give a rat's ass about him infecting others. THAT'S the bottom line... and you wonder why our President doesn't wear one.

No he's actually got it right. I just says a lot about him, what he got out of it. A normal mask will absolutely NOT protect you from getting Covid. However, they are effective from stopping YOU from giving Covid to other folks. Since it doesn't protect HIM, it's useless. He doesn't give a rat's ass about him infecting others. THAT'S the bottom line... and you wonder why our President doesn't wear one.

He is tested daily, so.....

Yep, but the other side is exactly the same. All the conservatives saying how all life is sacred (pro-lifers) but are more than willing to let old and unhealthy die to get the economy rolling.

Abortion results in death almost 100% of the time...Covid exact opposite...

Also, if it’s so important to liberals to be be pro-choice, why can’t you be pro-choice with this? Oh wait because it doesn’t fit their narrative

1. Stay at home, quarantine, live scared
2. Go out, social distance, wear a mask
3. Go about your life as normal while taking precautions

It’s not just conservatives that want to go about their lives as normal. Talk about stereotype.

Remember, Democrat ran states and areas were the ones hit the hardest and hold highest death percentages but yeah...them damn conservative pro-lifers are the reason for this damn COVID!!!

Also, if it’s so important to liberals to be be pro-choice, why can’t you be pro-choice with this? Oh wait because it doesn’t fit their narrative

It’s not just conservatives that want to go about their lives as normal. Talk about stereotype.

Remember, Democrat ran states and areas were the ones hit the hardest and hold highest death percentages but yeah...them damn conservative pro-lifers are the reason for this damn COVID!!!
Wow.

Really, we are going to eradicate Covid by simply wearing a mask? Maybe slow it down to be a prolonged problem or problem later, sure. Eradicate...not buying it. I have yet to hear if we can just make to X time that we will have gotten rid of the virus. Simply put it is a fools errand to believe people are going to consistently and properly wear masks and this is going to disappear.

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier ITT. Anyone against wearing masks is too stupid to argue with.

You think they are reporting this shit accurately and call me stupid? That’s cute...

They make it seem that if there is a new “positive” there is death imminent. This thing is not near as deadly as what they predicted which I’ve said since February when I started researching and taking part in calls. The media scare tactic continues.

I for one am not scared to get it. Am I scared for the elderly or people with underlying conditions to get it? Absolutely. @tigertommy1 has killed it in this thread.

Amazes me people would rather watch small business’ and the economy crumble while living scared than just get back to life and see what happens. Guess what...if doctors have no clue how to heal, no vaccines near, etc. then you are essentially agreeing to letting the government control every aspect of your life of you agree to quarantine and mandatory mask wearing. What’s next? They gonna make everyone wear red, white, and blue uniforms.

It’s a virus that the numbers would not be nearly as high if people were not required by their jobs, government officials, etc to be tested. Then force them to continue to get tested until 2 positives before returning to work.

But yeah...numbers are so accurate and this is being reported accurately. Is it contagious? Yes! Can it kill you or me? Yes! Is it as bad as they want you to believe? Fvck No

I pretty much agree with everything here except for your ridiculous take on masks. Everyone should be wearing some kind of mask in public while indoors. It’s as simple as that.

I like it up here too but I live 25 minutes from town out on Williamson Valley Rd in the community I work.
Talking Rock Ranch if you've ever heard of it.
rqdR4Q.gif

Reactions: Cabotiger

Disappointed that one of the board moderators would contribute to the divisiveness on this platform. Your are certainly entitled to your opinion, but how can you moderate the rest of us when you can't moderate your own tone? Just something to think about.

@Cris_Ard, 2 questions for you sir. How has this thread made it this far and what are the explicit or implicit expectations of your moderators?

You mean like the Flu vaccine that protects EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!??????????
not

SMDH

It does not protect everyone and that's not he point. No one says it does so don't play an idiot here. It typically typically protects enough people and enough people have built up influenza resistance from previous inoculations that the virus becomes an inefficient spreader, runs in to dead ends and wimpers out.

We don't have that here and obviously need built up ab resitance around 60% coming from exposure and the vaccine. Asking for full on herd immunity without a vaccine is basically signaling to the board you have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Clemson
Disappointed that one of the board moderators would contribute to the divisiveness on this platform. Your are certainly entitled to your opinion, but how can you moderate the rest of us when you can't moderate your own tone? Just something to think about.

@Cris_Ard, 2 questions for you sir. How has this thread made it this far and what are the explicit or implicit expectations of your moderators?

I see this got moved while I was typing my prior message. Thank you to whoever took that action.

How old are you ? Any underlying conditions ? How bad did you feel?
42....not really....felt rough for several days, mostly fever & a cough with shortness of breath...the longevity of it was the worst part & I can see why it would be hard on the elderly or someone with breathing issues. For me though, I’d still rather have Covid than the flu if I had to choose...

Reactions: BigTimeTiger

im simply responding to ridiculous responses with a ridiculous response. There is no way to moderate this board right now. I’d spend all day deleting comment and moving threads. Then people wood cry even more that they pay their money

My comment was over the top but shit...comparing a virus to the abortion is ridiculous and my comment was in attempt to prove that

42....not really....felt rough for several days, mostly fever & a cough with shortness of breath...the longevity of it was the worst part & I can see why it would be hard on the elderly or someone with breathing issues. For me though, I’d still rather have Covid than the flu if I had to choose...

Same with my friend that is going through it now. Just felt off, even confused mentally at times. Lack of energy, hard to take deep breaths and when he did he coughed. I’m the one that noticed it when he was at my house and encouraged him to get tested.

And now I am self quarantine for the most part but I’m at day 8 or 9 with no symptoms and gonna take an antibody test today at home

Noted.

Great. Just got in the door from Calabash, NC. Went to Ella's this evening. My wife and son were on the beach yesterday and it was packed. They're going to be back on the beach sometime Sunday.

There are risks, to be sure. I'm merely saying the risks are greater if we undergo a second economic stoppage or a prolonged economic stoppage.

Agreed.

Reactions: nashvegastiger
im simply responding to ridiculous responses with a ridiculous response. There is no way to moderate this board right now. I’d spend all day deleting comment and moving threads. Then people wood cry even more that they pay their money

My comment was over the top but shit...comparing a virus to the abortion is ridiculous and my comment was in attempt to prove that

Appreciate you sharing your perspective. I respect it, even if I may not agree entirely. Hope we will get to discuss and debate sports again soon. Stay well.

Appreciate you sharing your perspective. I respect it, even if I may not agree entirely. Hope we will get to discuss and debate sports again soon. Stay well.

same...which is why I am really glad work has been busy and redoing my back yard has kept me busy and off the boards. I know some would like to believe being a mod is my full tome, retired gig but it isn’t

My cousin in law's old high school buddy was a high school football coach and teacher in New Jersey. , 42 years old , and very fit. Died in four days after becoming symptomatic. If I was guaranteed to live, I would ask to get it now. But there are no guarantees. You need to give thanks to the Good Lord and write a letter to trump, asking why he disbanded the Bush--Obama pandemic team.

Reactions: fcctiger12
My cousin in law's old high school buddy was a high school football coach and teacher in New Jersey. , 42 years old , and very fit. Died in four days after becoming symptomatic. If I was guaranteed to live, I would ask to get it now. But there are no guarantees. You need to give thanks to the Good Lord and write a letter to trump, asking why he disbanded the Bush--Obama pandemic team.

Post the link to the article of him passing away because I’m sure there is one if that is the case. I would seriously like to read it.

It does not protect everyone and that's not he point. No one says it does so don't play an idiot here. It typically typically protects enough people and enough people have built up influenza resistance from previous inoculations that the virus becomes an inefficient spreader, runs in to dead ends and wimpers out.

We don't have that here and obviously need built up ab resitance around 60% coming from exposure and the vaccine. Asking for full on herd immunity without a vaccine is basically signaling to the board you have no idea what you are talking about.
And neither do you.

Nobody does. It's all a bunch of guesses by the educated and uneducated that hit and miss in such a manner that no one is completely trusted.
It's a factual analysis of 'who you want to believe' ........and THEIR data.
And, we have rightfully become suspicious of just about everyone.

But yes........ I think it is fallacy and futility to keep counting on a 'vaccine' to bail u out. Silly.
Because it won't. I could quote the deaths from the FLU every year, but you seem so smart you surely already know them.
So.........the vaccine works for FLU?

We are simply going to have to go on living and learn to live with this and all other viruses.

I guess you can count on (hope) you win the lottery so you can pay off your debts, as well. Certainly a vaccine that would 'cure' this Coronavirus would be a lottery winner.

But, I wouldn't count on that either, my friend.

LOLOLOL. Go look at New York's curve (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html) and then go look at South Carolina's (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/south-carolina-coronavirus-cases.html). Which one appears to be more successful in defeating the virus?

Oh sorry I forgot, you don't believe in numbers.

Reactions: ddot7
i have never seen the OB but I will ask my cousin in law

Last time at Ella's, I asked for some Sherry for my She Crap Soup.
They looked at me like I was crazy............ used some wine my wife was drinking and sugar.
No Sherry?
Thoughts?
If she crab soup is served, then sherry MUST be made available as an option. No two ways around that. Where is this Ellas? Is it any good ? This alone does not bode well.

And neither do you.

Nobody does. It's all a bunch of guesses by the educated and uneducated that hit and miss in such a manner that no one is completely trusted.
It's a factual analysis of 'who you want to believe' ........and THEIR data.
And, we have rightfully become suspicious of just about everyone.

But yes........ I think it is fallacy and futility to keep counting on a 'vaccine' to bail u out. Silly.
Because it won't. I could quote the deaths from the FLU every year, but you seem so smart you surely already know them.
So.........the vaccine works for FLU?

We are simply going to have to go on living and learn to live with this and all other viruses.

I guess you can count on (hope) you win the lottery so you can pay off your debts, as well. Certainly a vaccine that would 'cure' this Coronavirus would be a lottery winner.

But, I wouldn't count on that either, my friend.

I don’t think you even know what you are typing and attempting to debate.

Your rambling and incoherent word salads that you litter the board with may sound good in your head, but they are utter nonsense.

What’s hilarious about most libs is they are do as I say no as I do. I was at an event where some professors where present: two did not have face covering and were barely social distancing. Then walks in another professor with an mask and boom one of the other professors makes it out to the vehicle, masks up and never gets within ten feet of anyone. What a joke.

What I’m learning from threads like these is we have a lot of @Earle36 on this board. Folks that I thought were smarter and responsible than this are really showing themselves to be uneducated, stupid, ignorant, selfish, or all of the above.

it’s quite disappointing ...

Reactions: purenonsense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT