ADVERTISEMENT

Charleston Shooting Victims Families Receiving 29 Million

I typically refer to "white" people as Caucasians or European Americans. .

bullshit-meter.jpg

These threads never disappoint. If you are are ALWAYS thinking all the way right or all the way left you will go full potato more times than not. This thread proves that.

huh? surely the point of a thread about victim compensation is to discuss how much money victims of a heinous crime deserve from the federal government, and not what words the president did or didnt use to describe a separate event years ago. Seems to me that its you who is missing the point.

I plainly stated that I think these family need to get whatever the program is designed to do for them. You, like all libs, refuse to argue when backed into a corner by logic. BTW, tell me again what your affiliation/connection is to Clemson.

What? I never said "black" was a dirty word. I did however hint towards a certain commonality amongst folks that use the term "blacks". It doesn't offend me at all, but I'm not easily offended. I just prefer to be more specific when describing a person's ethnicity. I typically refer to "white" people as Caucasians or European Americans. We also have Asian-Americans, Mexican-Americans and tons of other ethnic groups. I guess I'm just more politically correct. It's all good though. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Black Americans shouldn't have others assuming they hail from Africa.

If you refer to Whites as European Americans you are a little bannanas. White people don't like that and People in America don't really use that term for people here with white skin? Weird.

Well, that went dark fast. But an interesting point you make about pondering existential questions before drifting off to sleep.

Reminds me of a story when I was at Clemson. I was drifting along - poor grades, drinking too much, spending a lot of time at our off-campus fraternity house listening to Christopher Cross. The usual for an aimless 3rd year freshmen.

One lazy weekday afternoon, Dean Wormer (I'm a little bit older, so you may not remember him) walked into our fraternity house unannounced to discuss our GPA. We quickly hid our open beers cans and bottles of grain.
"Here are your grade point averages. Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?" The dean demanded.
[drunk] "Hello!"
"0.2... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of this house. 1.6; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete. Mr. Dam...
[LOL, I had a pair of pencils in my nostrils! What a knucklehead.]
Mr. Damecourt... zero... point... zero."

I was feeling despondent and remorse about wasting my time at school. To take my mind off the situation, my big brother and his girlfriend took me to visit his favorite literature professor. Once there, we smoked with Professor Jenkins and then found ourselves sitting on his bathroom floor with candles illuminating the scene as we pondered some deep questions.

I ventured, "OK, so that means that our whole solar system could be like one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being Giggle. This is nuts! That means that one tiny atom in my fingernail could be..."
Prof Jennings interrupted "...could be one tiny little universe!"
Then I blurted out "Can I buy some pot from you?"

Soon after that magical afternoon, Professor Jenkins started sleeping with my big brother's girlfriend. Another of my brothers was jumped by a bunch of guys from the Omega House (That Needlemyer! and his ROTC cronies!). Dean Wormer accused us of breaking some double secret probation and kicked us off campus and revoked our charter. We got some measure of revenge by ransacking the town during the homecoming parade. Oh, and I took the mayor's daughter to a toga party and returned her to their house in a shopping cart!

But as for revisiting deep questions like how do magnets work, religion or the deepest of all - politics, I never did ponder anything after that afternoon of deep contemplation at Donald Sutherlands house.

As always, people will try to use deflection when faced with the true hard questions.

You used a God reference in another post and hope he has will guide me or something to that affect, but yet continue to support a group of politicians that are really against the morals of Christians. A little hypocritical I think.

Let me let you tell you a true story now and not reference Animal House.

My son was in 5k two years ago. I lived in NC and was taking the family to SC to visit my mother for Christmas. We was half way there when he asked "Dad, are we black or white people?" I asked why did he ask me that and where did he hear it. He was just wondering because he heard it at school. I told him it doesn't matter and that we are all Americans.

See, in my family, racial intolerance is not accepted. My family is not just blood kin, it is also friends that include all races. Fortunately, I have strong relationships with all different ethnicities and we enjoy each other companies on a weekly basis with BBQs, birthdays, and other social events. How do you raise your kids? Do you tell them about how "whites" are the bad guys and they will never be treated equally? Do you teach your family history? If so do you tell them half truths and pick and choose what part of history you want to teach.

I can continue to point the hypocrisies of your political affiliation and your "religious beliefs" all day long.

I will continue to ask the hard questions and never back down from the way some, like you, try to contort the words that other people say. You are part of the problem not solution.

Have a great day and maybe you can truly find the way with the Lord.

Last edited:
As always, people will try to use deflection when faced with the true hard questions.

You used a God reference in another post and hope he has will guide me or something to that affect, but yet continue to support a group of politicians that are really against the morals of Christians. A little hypocritical I think.

My son was in 5k two years ago. I lived in NC and was taking the family to SC to visit my mother for Christmas. We was half way there when he asked "Dad, are we black or white people?" I asked why did he ask me that and where did he hear it. He was just wondering because he heard it at school. I told him it doesn't matter and that we are all Americans.

See, in my family, racial intolerance is not accepted. My family is not just blood kin, it is also friends that include all races. Fortunately, I have strong relationships with all different ethnicities and we enjoy each other companies on a weekly basis with BBQs, birthdays, and other social events. How do you raise your kids? Do you tell them about how "whites" are the bad guys and they will never be treated equally? Do you teach your family history? If so do you tell them half truths and pick and choose what part of history you want to teach.

I can continue to point the hypocrisies of your political affiliation and your "religious beliefs" all day long.

I will continue to ask the hard questions and never back down from the way some, like you, try to contort the words that other people say. You are part of the problem not solution.

In your zeal to prove your position and win another TI forum fight (at 4am!), you reacted to my posts instead of responding.

However, your profile photo shows that you are a proud Clemson Tiger, a fortunate family man and adored by your loved ones, and this what I will remember when I read your next post.

pretending that racial differences dont exist is naive. We dont live in some sort of post racial society. People have differences, they deserve to be celebrated, not hidden or swept under a carpet in the name of tolerance. That isnt tolerance, thats white-washing. Racial differences DO matter, and thats ok, they dont have to be negative, but they exist and they matter.

In your zeal to prove your position and win another TI forum fight (at 4am!), you reacted to my posts instead of responding.

However, your profile photo shows that you are a proud Clemson Tiger, a fortunate family man and adored by your loved ones, and this what I will remember when I read your next post.

It didn't last until 4 am, I woke up at 4 am to get ready for work and replied back.

pretending that racial differences dont exist is naive. We dont live in some sort of post racial society. People have differences, they deserve to be celebrated, not hidden or swept under a carpet in the name of tolerance. That isnt tolerance, thats white-washing. Racial differences DO matter, and thats ok, they dont have to be negative, but they exist and they matter.

You have obviously haven't read or just pretending not to read other threads in which you and I have replied. I have clearly stated that I am not blind to the fact that racism is still around. I just not going to teach it to my kids.

There are so many positive ways to make changes but your continued attempts to antagonize and name call members on this board will never allow your opinion to be viewed in a serious manner.

Or the soccer player in Oklahoma (I believe Central Oklahoma University) that was shot in the back by two thugs that wanted to kill a white dude for kicks. believe the guy was from Australia though so that may not count for reimbursement.

Morning Gents!
It is truly interesting how people will find away to blame the President. This grant was put in place in 1984 under the GREAT President Reagan. Now let the narrative change on how great of a idea this was to have a grant for victims. Also, it has been asked why the soldiers can't recieve this or something similiar in fashion. Soldiers volunteer to join and put their life on the line to protect us from terrorism and these victims were murdered by a Terrorist. I think more of you have a problem with amount or who received the money then why.

XCUDB
Ding, Ding, Ding... Here is a person that did his homework! You Win The Blue Ribbon. By the way, Did The Great Ronald Regan also RAISE TAXES - Yes He Did!

That is a little extreme! I have been waiting for just the moment to share this report about conservatives. Researchers discovered the findings published in a report I am too lazy to link.

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordie Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote using his own liberal blood.

Hodson was quick to note that the despite the link found between low intelligence and social conservatism, the researchers aren't implying that all liberals are brilliant (just most) and all conservatives stupid (ITT). "There are very few examples of bright conservatives and not-so-bright liberals, and two examples of very principled conservatives and very intolerant liberals," Hodson screamed over the pulsating melody of The Doobie Brothers emanating from his office speakers.

"Socially conservative ideologies tend to offer structure and order," Hodson said, explaining why these beliefs might draw those with low intelligence. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice."

In another study, this one in the United States, Hodson and Busseri compared 254 people with the same amount of education but different levels of ability in abstract reasoning. They found that what applies to racism may also apply to numerous other areas. People who were poorer at abstract reasoning were more likely to exhibit prejudice against gays, Gamecocks, Yankees, The Swiss, Prius owners, Cos Play, Insane Clown Posse, Justice Greenberg or whatever her name is, Yacht Rock aka Marina Rock (Steely Dan, Loggins & Messina, Doobie Brothers, Christopher Cross, Michael McDonald, Toto, Chicago, Asia, Kenny Loggins, Ultimate Spinach, Hall and Oates, Journey, George Benson, Captain & Tennille (she was 5 foot 11!), Sons of Champlin, Honk, America and Rufus), Friedrich Nietzsche - Human All Too Human (Menschliches, Allzumenschliches), subtitled (Ein Buch für freie Geister) and Coach Shyatt.

Nonetheless, there is a reason to believe that strict right-wing and left-wing ideology discussions on SPORTS message boards might appeal to those who have trouble grasping the complexity of the world, get nervous when talking to women, have goatees, wear jorts and weigh over 250 lbs.

that has to be one of the dumbest things ever reprinted......So a couple of liberal "researchers" come to the conclusion that social conservatives are less intelligent than enlightened liberals.....and some moron like you picks up on it......ha ha.

Or the soccer player in Oklahoma (I believe Central Oklahoma University) that was shot in the back by two thugs that wanted to kill a white dude for kicks. believe the guy was from Australia though so that may not count for reimbursement.
  • Correct
    • Chris Lane was from Australia
  • Incorrect
    • He played baseball
    • He went to East Central University in Oklahoma
    • He was shot and killed by three teenagers
    • One was black and two were biracial.
    • They shot him because they were bored and for "the fun of it.
    • "They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: 'There's our target,'" Cheif Ford said. "The boy who has talked to us said, 'We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.'" Ford told the television station KOCO in Oklahoma City that one of the teens said they shot Lane for "the fun of it."
    • "At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality," District Attorney Jason Hicks said in a statement.
Avengermg73 will provide links to the articles. I am too lazy, liberal and heathenish.

that has to be one of the dumbest things ever reprinted......So a couple of liberal "researchers" come to the conclusion that social conservatives are less intelligent than enlightened liberals.....and some moron like you picks up on it......ha ha.

A new study published in the American Sociological Review found today’s conservatives have less trust in science than the conservatives of the mid-1970s.

The irony is that you will not believe this study either.

Yacht Rock Rules.

For sure. Networks like MSNBC and Fox News get the it started, but now you can also go online and only read articles that perpetuate and confirm your bias. You can go find articles/blogs on opinions that even MSNBC or Fox News would laugh at and use them to confirm your terrible opinion.

I'm not sure why you left out CNN. They are far and way the leader of fueling racial divide. Racial controversies and plane crashes are the only thing CNN has covered since Jeff Zucker took over. I miss the days when CNN was better at reporting straight news with less sensationalism and opinion.

After the Nepal earthquakes occurred I had to go to BBC news to get real coverage of the relief and recovery efforts. CNN was stuck on Baltimore 24/7 for weeks.

Why on God's green earth would you celebrate raising taxes?
No, no, no, my friend, I am acknowledging that not only did Pres. Regan started that Liberal disburment of money for people like The 9 victims in Charleston, But to the Dismay Of Many Connservatives "President Regan Also Raised Taxes"!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT