ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson, CofC and CCU drop mask mandate on campus for vaccinated students

Crazy thought here. What if someone didnt get a vaccine but said they got a vaccine so they didnt have to wear a mask? Is this too crazy to work?
Yeah first thing I thought as well. This is purely cya for the universities. College students have and always will find clever ways to avoid rules they don’t like. If it’s some sort of card, they’ll counterfeit it. There is no reasonable way to police this.

But can you imagine wasting resources having mask police at a university… wouldn’t surprise me if some tried to tbh.

speaking of wasting resources....

The City of Clemson PD at City Council’s urging wrote tickets to people for not wearing masks outside last fall.

The true science shows outdoor masks were never needed.

I hope Clemson goes with an honor system. By spring they were hardly enforcing masks anymore and cases were still minimal. Anyone that needs a vaccine has had it by now snd is protected.

LOL it’s a behavioral tactic? Come on man.
It’s not a behavioral tactic?

All I’m saying is that they are attempting to either 1) have those unvaccinated mask and/or 2) have those unvaccinated, vaccinate.

Aren’t both of those behaviors that they desire to change?

The only other possible scenario, as I see it, is that it’s only legal risk mitigation, and they don’t care whether or not people behave differently, but that doesn’t seem as plausible.

The main point is that, if they cannot inquire as to vaccination status, nor can they require vaccination, what other reason would they have to release the statement...?

Last edited:
Reactions: VHFAN4EVER
Clemson has a VOLUNTARY Covid-19 Vaccination Upload Tool to verify that you have been vaccinated.

You fill out a form with name, birthday, vaccine manufacturer, dates of vacation and location and furnish a picture of the card.

It is VOLUNTARY and is for students, staff and faculty.

I filled it out yesterday and was accepted in a few hours.

I already have my vaccination card data inserted into a chip embedded in my right arm and the card data is tattooed on the back of my neck.

I'm prepared!

Just to be clear - I really don't have a chip or tattoo. The University just wants data to make informed decisions.

At the present time, I believe masks will be required in classrooms and labs.

Last edited:
They don’t and they shouldn’t be allowed to inquire as to Vaccination status. It’s a behavioral tactic.
They aren't allowed to ask. It's on your honor.

This is where UVA is going to get sued big time on.

Colleges shouldn’t be requiring students to have the meningococcal vaccine either. Vaccine requirements are a danger to public health
Horrible take as usual. One of these kills college age students, the other does not. Teens and young adults most at risk for meningitis; covid not so much. Will be very interesting to see what happens in virginia

Colleges shouldn’t be requiring students to have the meningococcal vaccine either. Vaccine requirements are a danger to public health
I know this is a troll but:

1) Is it required for enrollment/attendance or for living in dorm rooms?

2) It is FDA-approved, COVID inoculations are not

3) It is seasonal, meaning likely seasonal vaccination

I know this is a troll but:

1) Is it required for enrollment/attendance or for living in dorm rooms?

3) It is seasonal, meaning likely seasonal vaccination
The point is it’s in hinging on freedoms to require college students to do anything to go to school. Asking for their HS transcript is an invasion of their privacy.

Reactions: TheArchTiger
The point is it’s in hinging on freedoms to require college students to do anything to go to school. Asking for their HS transcript is an invasion of their privacy.
So the other side of that sort of continuum would be that it’s okay to require them to do ANYTHING. Such as remove their left arm or sew their mouths shut or vote for Trump, etc.

There’s a balancing act here. I’ve seen no one suggesting that Universities shouldn’t have any requirements, they’re saying that the specific vaccination requirement is too far.

So the other side of that sort of continuum would be that it’s okay to require them to do ANYTHING. Such as remove their left arm or sew their mouths shut or vote for Trump, etc.

There’s a balancing act here. I’ve seen no one suggesting that Universities shouldn’t have any requirements, they’re saying that the specific vaccination requirement is too far.
So I assume you’d rather a covid outbreak happen and then the students have to go back on virtual learning and it all sucks again? You just don’t want the pandemic to end

They aren't allowed to ask. It's on your honor.

This is where UVA is going to get sued big time on

Guarantee you UVA doesn't get sued and if they did it's thrown out immediately. Vaccine requirements have been around in colleges, both state and private institutions, for a long time. Good luck with that

This has been my question about this whole thing. How does anyone know if a person has taken the jab or not?
Most places are going by honors system. As if Americans have any sense of honor about any of this pandemic stuff.

tenor.gif

Well u can still be a carrier/infected whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.
So, in my opinion it is not logical protocol to require a mask only if not vaccinated & allow mask-less if vaccinated.

Guarantee you UVA doesn't get sued and if they did it's thrown out immediately. Vaccine requirements have been around in colleges, both state and private institutions, for a long time. Good luck with that
I think the problem is that it is not fully approved.

That's why I'm surprised the term "strongly recommended" isn't used as opposed to "required" just to cover themselves.

The vaccine supposedly reduces the severity of your symptoms. It doesn't prevent you from getting it or speading it so why the hell should you be required to take it in leu of a mask?

Reactions: tigerworx
Well u can still be a carrier/infected whether you’ve been vaccinated or not.
So, in my opinion it is not logical protocol to require a mask only if not vaccinated & allow mask-less if vaccinated.

The chances of you being infected if you’ve had the vaccine are extremely low. That’s why vaccinated people don’t need masks... the chances of them spreading it are almost nil.

I’m just saying, requiring people to get immunized to prevent pandemic health outbreaks is imposing on their freedoms. If I want to choose to spread deadly disease then that’s my choice.
Look at this pompous peacock.

The vaccine supposedly reduces the severity of your symptoms. It doesn't prevent you from getting it or speading it so why the hell should you be required to take it in leu of a mask?
The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of getting infected and thus spreading it. In the event that you still get infected while vaccinated, you are exceedingly likely to have a totally benign case.

Calm down crazy people. As usual science and reason will drag you kicking and screaming into a future you will be alive in.

Reactions: dpic73 and johnhugh

This pandemic has violated HIPAA laws in a major way. Force people to test, force them to share results with employers, a database that has results that are easily obtained, forcing people to get a vaccine that has been rushed into place without full FDA approval that is not being linked to miscarriages and other issues that come along with it.

Yet someone with HIV/AIDS can go around sleeping with people without making the fact they have it known with no consequence and this virus has a much higher survival rate and unless you’re elderly or just in bad shape you’re likely to get through it fairly easy. Sure there are examples of healthy people who have a damn tough time with it and there are people with lingering effects but for the most part, healthy people cruise through it and are fine.

Forcing a vaccine of people in order to allow them not to wear a mask is ridiculous

What’s even more funny is the liberals are so anti-ID for voting yet you have to have to provide proof of who you are to get the vaccine. And you have to have a card proving you indeed got it. This whole thing has gotten quite comical and the numbers have been skewed since day one and they have openly stated that.

I’m all for being healthy, don’t care if you want to get vaccine. Really doesn’t bother me. If you wanna wear a mask, wear a mask. If you don’t want to go in public places that don’t require a mask then don’t. It really should be that simple.

Everyone leaves there house daily knowing there are risks involved. Love and let live. I’m so happy to be back in facilities and seeing and talking to residents and seeing families be able to love on their family. It’s beautiful to watch.

Can't believe we are still in the throws of this discussion, but it is what America is now.

Today's numbers
CDC deaths = 575,000 <<< and we ALL know this is inflated by a bunch. a bunch
US Census = 332,000,000

575,000 / 332,000,000 = .0173 of the population 17/100ths of ONE percent

Was/is it worth it?
This 💯! If only we, as in anyone with a brain just looked at the mathematical statistics and based our personal decision making on them alone. Not the hyperbolic noise surrounding this subject.

Reactions: tigerworx
This is the most tired line of misunderstood technical bullshit that seems to be spouted constantly by anti-vaxxers.

Why is it the MAGA fans that are arguing against the great accomplishments of American scientists, doctors and engineers that generated 3 effective vaccines for a novel coronavirus within one year of its detection in humans? This is an amazing feat and should be touted as why we are still the greatest country on Earth.

Instead we get dumbasses like you who are advocated for hydroxychloroquine last year (and zinc?! - you might as well have said Vitamin C too 🙄 ) but are constantly fighting against American ingenuity.

Last edited:
Yet someone with HIV/AIDS can go around sleeping with people without making the fact they have it known with no consequence and this virus has a much higher survival rate and unless you’re elderly or just in bad shape you’re likely to get through it fairly easy. Sure there are examples of healthy people who have a damn tough time with it and there are people with lingering effects but for the most part, healthy people cruise through it and are fine
Your straw man argument fails to hold up to the first result of a google search. Nice try though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT