ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Vaccines and College Requirements

wmnesbitt

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2014
Waxhaw, NC
Hey all, Just curious if any of you have noticed the requirements to have a vaccine for colleges being ended this year.

I believe the Virginal state schools no longer require the vaccine and I think the SC state sponsored schools as well.

It is really hard to get a read on many of the other schools in the country, aside from the state schools where the state legislature has impacted the suspension of the vaccines as a requirement.

Not trying to get political, but wanted to get any info from some of you since the Google machine seems to not give me much detail.

Yeah. My two start next Fall. I haven't paid attention to this but should. Neither of mine got shots.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
University of Illinois president announced over Christmas that the school has done away with the mandates and mandatory vaccines. Significant cause it’s the largest instate university and university system in a super liberal state.

There was a pretty long list of vaccines that I had to receive before I enrolled at Clemson and before that when I went to the Rick Barnes basketball camp and before that when I enrolled in elementary school and before that when I enrolled in preschool In 1982. I can’t believe anyone actually gives two sh*ts at this point.
They were actually vaccines though. They stopped transmission and stopped you from getting the virus. COVID-19 shot does neither of these things. It's a huge difference.

They were actually vaccines though. They stopped transmission and stopped you from getting the virus. COVID-19 shot does neither of these things. It's a huge difference.

Not true. Childhood vaccines are NOT all 100% effective at transmission and infection. The closest is tetanus (which protects against a bacteria that doesn’t mutate nearly as much as viruses).

Original Covid-19 vaccine was just as effective as these other childhood vaccines against the original strain that it was developed for.

The whole “covid vaccine is not a vaccine” meme is so stupid.

The reason schools are getting rid of the requirement is

1) Covid is not nearly as dangerous as it was two years ago
2) The current booster is not super effective against new strains
3) Schools don’t want to alienate anti vax dummies and lose out on their money.

Not true. Childhood vaccines are NOT all 100% effective at transmission and infection. The closest is tetanus (which protects against a bacteria that doesn’t mutate nearly as much as viruses).

Original Covid-19 vaccine was just as effective as these other childhood vaccines against the original strain that it was developed for.

It is definitely a vaccine. It provides antibodies. It's just a rushed, lightly tested and generally poor vaccine.

These shots don’t meet the requirements the childhood vaccines had to meet.

To answer OP’s question I don’t believe Clemson has a Covid shot mandate. From my friends in Georgia neither does UGA. UF and FSU don’t either. That’s all I know. If I’m guessing based on Huckabee’s actions so far Arkansas schools won’t have them either.

I’ll ask my friend at Alabama and see what he has to say.

It is definitely a vaccine. It provides antibodies. It's just a rushed, lightly tested and generally poor vaccine.

The Covid vaccine was a fast answer to a problem
but powers above wanted everyone to just accept their word without debate

Based on my own personal experiences i am glad I took the vaccine but based on my catching Covid strains off an on I see no value anymore of vaccines as the herd is pretty much immune to severe consequences

Drug companies of course love to sell vaccines

And the Mr Big Shots love to live high

so guess what is being recommended is more vaccines without adequate research

Thanks for the recap, Doc. Yawn...

There was a pretty long list of vaccines that I had to receive before I enrolled at Clemson and before that when I went to the Rick Barnes basketball camp and before that when I enrolled in elementary school and before that when I enrolled in preschool In 1982. I can’t believe anyone actually gives two sh*ts at this point.

And this is the guy who “started it” in this thread. The thread is about whether the Covid vaccine is required for attendance.

Reactions: Esso Porch
Can’t believe anyone is still calling it a vaccine at this point.

The booster is super effective if you want to get Covid.

Tetanus is a NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASE. The Tetanus Inoculation is a TOXOID. Attenuated Inoculations would likely be the closest given your parameters as they generally produce the most Titers; specially Titers (T Cell) that do not produce Asymptomatic Hosts.

Last edited:
Can’t believe anyone is still calling it a vaccine at this point.

In attempts to fight it we need to at least stay accurate. It is a vaccine because the definition of a vaccine is providing antibodies. It does that. Now as for the rest...

Reactions: lvgator12

Part of the reason why Covid-19 is not as dangerous now as then is how Covid-19 is reported.

If you get shot, enter the hospital and die directly from the gunshot wound, that's the cause of death. If you happened to test positive for Covid-19 while dying as a result of Covid-19, in the past the death was coded as a Covid-19 death. But for the gunshot, the patient might never have been hospitalized or died simply for Covid-19.

Overreporting adverse Covid-19 data (hospitalizations and death) skewed the landscape of fear, allowing the government to enforce draconian mandates (masks, required vaccinations). American politicians politicized Covid-19 and the decisions and political messaging was controlled from the White House (Trump and Biden). I live in a neighborhood filled with CDC scientists and off the record they're pissed the politicians made this worse than it should be. They don't wear masks themselves and some only got vaccinated because they had to to keep their jobs. Covid-19 is a novel virus so there is a lag time in understanding the disease and then how to mitigate its effects.

Covid-19 vaccines do attenuate the severity of disease. If your kid gets sick, he/she will miss class...so you should weight the impact of that if the vaccine is not required. Hope you get to make a personal decision on this.

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
In attempts to fight it we need to at least stay accurate. It is a vaccine because the definition of a vaccine is providing antibodies. It does that. Now as for the rest...
Prophylactic Inoculation is preferred, IMO. The CDC changed the Definition of Vaccine and, technically, the new definition would encompass it but the old would be a bit more elusive.

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger

Lol. It isn’t a vaccine. It’s a DNA altering shot. Hence you become a gentetically modified organism. That is unless you listen to the CDC who moved the goalposts last year when they changed the very definition of a vaccine.

That last quip kind of diminishes your otherwise good points.

First, I agree 100% on points 1 and 2, although I submit that that COVID was probably never quite as dangerous as the government and media reported.

Second, the COVID vax 'is' technically a vaccine. I should not have phrased it that way. The otherwise mandated school vaccines nevertheless do distinguish themselves from the COVID vax primarily by the reasons I stated.

Third, the data stands in opposition to your claim about COVID vax being just as effective as school vax. It never slowed the spread, and it's claim to have helped those who suffered the most severe symptoms is possibly overstated and may well not hold up over time.

Last edited:
Lol. It isn’t a vaccine. It’s a DNA altering shot. Hence you become a gentetically modified organism. That is unless you listen to the CDC who moved the goalposts last year when they changed the very definition of a vaccine.
Inasmuch as it is said to trigger an immune response, it is technically a vaccine. Just not a very good one.

Reactions: Willence
Geezus friggin' c guys. Man asks about college requirement for the shot. Instead of answering that question, once again, folks got to whip out their cranks and debate the merits of this vaccine. We got it. Some of you are against it. Some of you are for it. Give it a rest.

Covid is a totally different type of vaccine than the others as it involves RNA. Never was fully tested. It had its place but was over pushed and thrown down people throats.

The recommendation for use in kids and young adults was absurd as they NEVER needed it.

The long term complications are still unknown

My youngest daughter started college in August 2021 and never got it. She is also an athlete. Alot of what colleges did was idle threats.

Absolutely no need to get it at this point except in rare situations

Last edited:
Geezus friggin' c guys. Man asks about college requirement for the shot. Instead of answering that question, once again, folks got to whip out their cranks and debate the merits of this vaccine. We got it. Some of you are against it. Some of you are for it. Give it a rest.
Guilty as charged. My bad. 😞

Reactions: wmnesbitt
If you needed more evidence this isn’t actually about vaccines…

Reactions: lvgator12

It’s been three years of the pandemic and you still don’t know DNA and RNA are different things?

I guess you need to be “gentetically” modified to know or google that.

That last quip kind of diminishes your otherwise good points.

First, I agree 100% on points 1 and 2, although I submit that that COVID was probably never quite as dangerous as the government and media reported.

Second, the COVID vax 'is' technically a vaccine. I should not have phrased it that way. The otherwise mandated school vaccines nevertheless do distinguish themselves from the COVID vax primarily by the reasons I stated.

Third, the data stands in opposition to your claim about COVID vax being just as effective as school vax. It never slowed the spread, and it's claim to have helped those who suffered the most severe symptoms is possibly overstated and may well not hold up over time.
Quip may or may not be directed to you depending on if you are anti vax, I don’t know.

My claim was about the original Covid vaccine against the original strain. It was unfortunate the original strain was out completed before the vaccine was easily available. I agree that it’s effectiveness and protection from severe disease may appear differently in retrospect due to the various mutations, but there is no way to know that right now and anti vax dummies certainly didn’t know the “truth” years ago.

Quip may or may not be directed to you depending on if you are anti vax, I don’t know.

My claim was about the original Covid vaccine against the original strain. It was unfortunate the original strain was out completed before the vaccine was easily available. I agree that it’s effectiveness and protection from severe disease may appear differently in retrospect due to the various mutations, but there is no way to know that right now and anti vax dummies certainly didn’t know the “truth” years ago.
My vaccination record is several pages long (I'm retired military). I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1995. For what it's worth, I've also gotten both rounds of Moderna's version of the COVID vax--and had the scare of my life before a heart catheter revealed that I 'just' had pericarditis. So, no, not antivax. Just grossly distrustful of the media and the government...and this vaccine....as we all should be.

Last edited:
and here is where the horseshyt starts....

WOW such a childish response. Someone doesn’t agree with your stance and they are dummies.

Let me paraphrase for everyone, the COVID vaccine is now worthless. Schools would be ridiculous require this. Especially since it's so controversial and highly debated.

Last edited:
But it significantly reduced transmissions, hospitalizations, and deaths. My friends who are MDs take the Vax and based on current information I will continue to do so.

WOW such a childish response. Someone doesn’t agree with your stance and they are dummies.
I love posts like these. Where conservatives pretend to be sissy bitches when their feelings are hurt, but they’ll tell your grandmother to fvck her feelings. Super bunch, really. Christlike

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and ILSEB
My vaccination record is several pages long (I'm retired military). I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1995. For what it's worth, I've also gotten both rounds of Moderna's version of the COVID vax--and had to scare of my life before a heart catheter revealed that I 'just' had pericarditis.

Then you are not an anti vax dummy. Thank you for your service.

• Haha
Reactions: ILSEB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT