ADVERTISEMENT

****Dabo, on current events

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
He opened his teleconference with the media by offering a statement that we are paraphrasing here:

I could’ve just put out a statement. But I really just felt like I wanted to express myself properly.

I know we are all hurting for the Floyd family. And our country. I can speak for our entire staff and team in that regard for sure. We have all witnessed just disgusting acts of evil. That’s really the only word I can appropriately use. Everything to me goes back to my faith. That’s where I draw my peace, hope and perspective from. I’m glad I don’t have social media. Because my reaction would’ve probably been to jump on social media and say things I shouldn’t say and would regret.

But what I know as I approach everything from a perspective of faith is where there are people there’s going to be hate, greed, jealousy and so on. We live in a fallen world. Everywhere you turn there’s bad news.

But today I want to take a moment and offer some good news. For me the good news is we have a Lord that loves us all and has conquered all already. … There’s no question these are challenging times. But what I’ve learned is where there is no challenge there is no change. And we have to all accept the challenge and all bring about positive growth and change.

As I told my staff this morning, the soil is fertile. … Forgiveness is always the hardest. Struggled with it in my teens and early 20s. I was the one being hurt because that forgiveness just eats at you…

Has visited with Todd Bates a lot in recent days. They agreed that love doesn’t see color. Hate does. Hatred has no heart. Love does.

My focus is for my team and my staff. And my prayer is that God will continue to use our program at Clemson to develop, to equip, to shape and educate and raise up great men through football who are going to grow up to be great leaders.

One of the things I always tell our team is there is no hope for a better yesterday, for a better last week, for a better last year. But one of the verses in the Bible that I’ve always hung onto for a long time: Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for good, not disaster.

While there may be no hope for a better yesterday, there is hope for the future. And when there is hope for the future there is power in the present.

That’s really all I can say. That’s really the only thing I can offer is my perspective of faith and hope that that can be an encouragement.

Communicated with team last week. They are hurting. Staff is amazing. We absolutely, absolutely, absolutely must come together.

FROM THE TIGER FAN SHOP: Click HERE to check out all of our inventory, plus early summer DEALS on officially-licensed CLEMSON apparel!
otfe2o092dmfhuozk0zv

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News