ADVERTISEMENT

Deion, Dabo, and Trump

MBTiger23

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2015
If you had to name things similar in these three personalities, what would they be?

I'll hang up and listen.

One of those is not like the others. They are all confident in their ability(whether they are right or not). However, two of them are loudmouth, narcissistic jackasses who care about themselves first and foremost. Also act and talk like third graders on the playground at recess.

Last edited:
Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

BlSXq-1524507180-2017-blog-cheers_jeopardy_main.jpg

Coming from a guy who conveniently had bone spurs when his name got called to go to Vietnam.
For a clown who went to a military school that's rather pathetic. He could have done something!!

Ah yes, what a leader

That headline is misleading- probably intentionally so given journalistic bias that is so prevalent today.
Fraud is a criminal offense. If what the judge said were true he would be convicted of a crime, which he was not. Even so, I expect some of the judge’s decisions will be overturned for that very reason.
There is a reason this is in civil court and not criminal court, just FYI.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
That headline is misleading- probably intentionally so given journalistic bias that is so prevalent today.
Fraud is a criminal offense. If what the judge said were true he would be convicted of a crime, which he was not. Even so, I expect some of the judge’s decisions will be overturned for that very reason.
There is a reason this is in civil court and not criminal court, just FYI.
He might win on appeal but that doesn't mean he hasn't committed fraud. New York law empowers the AG to seek damages caused by fraudulent business behavior as a form of consumer protection. The law doesn’t require the AG to identify a victim or even demonstrate anybody suffered harm. Plus, the burden of proof is lower in civil cases than in criminal ones.

He might win on appeal but that doesn't mean he hasn't committed fraud. New York law empowers the AG to seek damages caused by fraudulent business behavior as a form of consumer protection. The law doesn’t require the AG to identify a victim or even demonstrate anybody suffered harm. Plus, the burden of proof is lower in civil cases than in criminal ones.

The trumpters will rationalize their way around that!!!

Reactions: dpic73

If he wins the appeal, I’m pretty sure it DOES mean he did not commit fraud. He will not have been convicted of such criminally or in civil court- which as you pointed out, has an even lower burden of proof.

Reactions: fatpiggy
The trumpters will rationalize their way around that!!!
I’m not a “trumpter ” - whatever that is. Still no need to rationalize around that post because it is not rational.
I’m pulling for anyone but trump to be the pub nominee, for what it’s worth.

I’m not a “trumpter ” - whatever that is. Still no need to rationalize around that post because it is not rational.
I’m pulling for anyone but trump to be the pub nominee, for what it’s worth.
Trumpster. Sorry for the misspelling. FWIW, it is someone who is blindly infatuated with him.

Reactions: CUT93
If he wins the appeal, I’m pretty sure it DOES mean he did not commit fraud. He will not have been convicted of such criminally or in civil court- which as you pointed out, has an even lower burden of proof.
I was responding to your assessment that he hasn't committed fraud if he isn't being charged criminally. It is correct that he is not being criminally convicted of fraud, but as I understand it, the judge has already found him liable for fraud and the trial will only be used to determine damages, hence the headline was not misleading.

Last edited:
I was responding to your assessment that he hasn't committed fraud if he isn't being charged criminally. It is correct that he is not being criminally convicted of fraud, but as I understand it, the judge has already found him liable for fraud and the trial will only be used to determine damages, hence the headline was not misleading.
So the judge is sitting at home on his couch and says, “you know, I think Trump committed fraud. I’m not going to have a trial or let his lawyer present any evidence or make an argument against it, I’m just going to go straight to sentencing.” Are you saying this is what happened? It is NYC, so that does make it believable, but in no universe would I give any weight to a “conviction “ where there was no trial to determine such.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
So the judge is sitting at home on his couch and says, “you know, I think Trump committed fraud. I’m not going to have a trial or let his lawyer present any evidence or make an argument against it, I’m just going to go straight to sentencing.” Are you saying this is what happened? It is NYC, so that does make it believable, but in no universe would I give any weight to a “conviction “ where there was no trial to determine such.
You're essentially right. The judge determined the facts were so clear and combined with his non-defense that didn't even meet the lowest burden, a trial wasn't necessary.

• Haha
Reactions: LaniKaiTiger
You're essentially right. The judge determined the facts were so clear and combined with his non-defense that didn't even meet the lowest burden, a trial wasn't necessary.

The question I would ask the judge is if it was so evident thier valuations were so ridiculous, why would their loans be approved by companies whose job it was to deal in high value financing?
If it was not obvious to the companies they were dealing with, why should it be obvious to them?
Again, it’s NYC so I realize due process/ rule of law stuff is not that important there.

The question I would ask the judge is if it was so evident thier valuations were so ridiculous, why would their loans be approved by companies whose job it was to deal in high value financing?
If it was not obvious to the companies they were dealing with, why should it be obvious to them?
Again, it’s NYC so I realize due process/ rule of law stuff is not that important there.
It's already been reported that those companies took his word for it. He does have one thing in his favor though because those banks made their money back with interest, so it didn't do them any harm. But Letitia doesn't have to prove there was a victim, just that he committed fraud.

It's already been reported that those companies took his word for it. He does have one thing in his favor though because those banks made their money back with interest, so it didn't do them any harm. But Letitia doesn't have to prove there was a victim, just that he committed fraud.
I assumed they took his word for it. But unless they would have taken his word that they were worth $500 trillion instead of what he claimed, my point still stands.
If it was not obvious to them he was vastly overstating value when they presumably deal with high value property on a regular basis, how can you definitively say it was obvious to the trump org?

I assumed they took his word for it. But unless they would have taken his word that they were worth $500 trillion instead of what he claimed, my point still stands.
If it was not obvious to them he was vastly overstating value when they presumably deal with high value property on a regular basis, how can you definitively say it was obvious to the trump org?
Its hard to use any logic talking with these libs especially when Trump is the subject.

Reactions: fatpiggy
I'm not defending or criticizing anyone here, just reporting the facts, so I don't know why it wasn't obvious to them. Reminder, that I was only challenging your assertion that the headline was misleading. But it should have been very obvious to Trump that his Trump Tower penthouse wasn't 3 times the sq. footage, like he reported. Are you really that surprised that he acted unscrupulously?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT