ADVERTISEMENT

Disney just made Tiny D desantis their b*tch.

nytigerfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
Oh man, desantis got absolutely owned. Disney easily thwarted his attempts to take over Reedy Creek. desantis even had plans for his board to control the content that Disney put out. They easily outmaneuvered him and his band of idiots.

This is what happens when you try to punish an American company for exercising free speech. Fascism never wins. Tiny D just got tea bagged by a mouse.

"There is a new sheriff in town." - Tiny D 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Note: not one mention of this story on Fox News.

Oh man, desantis got absolutely owned. Disney easily thwarted his attempts to take over Reedy Creek. desantis even had plans for his board to control the content that Disney put out. They easily outmaneuvered him and his band of idiots.

This is what happens when you try to punish an American company for exercising free speech. Fascism never wins. Tiny D just got tea bagged by a mouse.

FAKE NEWS!!

And his response is to say he's looking at adding toll roads to Disney and increasing hotel taxes. Penalizing Disney visitors is such a strange flex and will surely backfire on him. It's insane that the Right applauds him for these kind of sideshows.

And his response is to say he's looking at adding toll roads to Disney and increasing hotel taxes. Penalizing Disney visitors is such a strange flex and will surely backfire on him. It's insane that the Right applauds him for these kind of sideshows.

The best part is that Disney did this all out in the open. They announced the board meeting in the paper. They published the notes of the board meeting. I guess tiny d was too busy giving speeches all over the country not running for president to notice.

And nobody in right wing media will touch this story.

The best part is that Disney did this all out in the open. They announced the board meeting in the paper. They published the notes of the board meeting. I guess tiny d was too busy giving speeches all over the country not running for president to notice.

Difference between the Pros and Peewee ball. Disney had this all planned out weeks in advance, and Desantis' team was too stupid/arrogant to do the proper research to cover their bases.

Go hunting for woke, you become the joke

Meanwhile Disney is losing their grip on animation films. Go woke, go broke. People are tiring of their garbage agendas and it’s starting to show.

Yea, when they made the little mermaid African American that was unacceptable to gold Christian’s like yourself. You don’t want diversity shoved down your throat!

Reactions: dpic73

Just insane. And the pro business and anti cancel culture republicans are fine with it. Sad!

😅

Disney Parks Profit Up 35% Since Last Year Amid Record Inflation, Financial Turmoil Among Americans​

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/02/disney-park-profits-january-2023-jc1/
Gonna guess the ending of the COVID Pandemic had a lot to do with that. 2021 was probably a down year.

But that article was kind of weird - seems like Disney added a lot of upcharges to previously free things. I think I interpreted that right.

Disney+ is losing subscribers. I'd drop it if it weren't for some of the Star Wars content.

And they plan to have layoffs.

And Iger plans to keep Disney out of politics. Probably a good idea.

Some of the 'woke' crap does get tiresome. But then so does some of the outrage over it (I honestly don't GAF if the Little Mermaid is black).

Gonna guess the ending of the COVID Pandemic had a lot to do with that. 2021 was probably a down year.

But that article was kind of weird - seems like Disney added a lot of upcharges to previously free things. I think I interpreted that right.

Disney+ is losing subscribers. I'd drop it if it weren't for some of the Star Wars content.

Some of the 'woke' crap does get tiresome. But then so does some of the outrage over it (I honestly don't GAF if the Little Mermaid is black).
I was responding to a poster who insinuated they were going broke, which is clearly not the case. Iger is restructuring but it's not due to a slowdown but to sustain long-term profitability.

Despite the fake outrage on the Right simply because Chapek spoke up for his own employees, the woke hysteria is nothing but an attempt to fight a culture war to increase his bonafides with his ruby red base.

Most Americans don't give two craps about this nonsense and don't make entertainment decisions over trumped up political sideshows. A case could even be made that when companies go woke they become more profitable, for example, Nike and Colin Kaepernick. It seems there are many Americans that appreciate the nod to inclusion and want to show their support.

"After a solid first quarter, we are embarking on a significant transformation, one that will maximize the potential of our world-class creative teams and our unparalled brands and franchises," Iger said in a statement before the call.

The move comes as Disney's parks business continues to soar. The Parks, Experiences and Products division—which includes Disney Cruise Line and Disney’s merchandise business — saw a 21% increase in revenue to $8.7 billion in the first quarter. Operating income increased 25% to $3.1 billion.

The company said the guests spent more money while visiting its parks, including on services such as Genie+. Disney’s U.S. parks — Disney World and Disneyland — also saw growth in attendance.

On the first quarter earnings call Wednesday, chief financial officer Christine McCarthy said park attendance at both resorts are “pacing above [the] prior year.”

One thing I can say for sure.... never been to Disneyland never will ... Over Priced.

Edit : I do not purchase Nike products or drink Bud light .. In fact I don't drink alcohol at all .

Last edited:
How so? Or are you just doing the trump thing and calling anything you don’t like fake.
YES!! Haven't you figured that out by now. ANYTHING that shows Trump in a bad lite is FAKE NEWS. Anything supporting Trump gets posted.

I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I don't dislike them either.

This kind of reminds me of the Southern Baptists boycotting Disney in the late 90s over offering health care to it's employees that were part of a same sexed couple. 8 years later they voted to stop the boycott even though Disney never budged. In other words, a complete waste of time over NOTHING.

Here we have Florida's governor getting all butt hurt about Disney speaking out against one of his bills. A bill that by the way was easily passed and given Florida's very Red Legislature was never in any doubt that it was going to be passed. So Disney's objection was a whole lot of NOTHING. He had to show what a bad ass he was and retaliated against the state's largest employer. What a waste of time... Now he's saddled that district and the state with LOTS of debt (and that's if he actually wins this ) and any claims to the contrary are about as believable a Mexico paying for the wall (BTW, you can tell Mexico didn't pay for the wall b/c Trump declared a National Emergency and took money for the DoD to pay for it).

I'm not sure how higher taxes and toll roads are going to help him out. Disney is promptly going to pass that right on to the customer and blame the government... even I can see that coming.

Honestly, I don't really give a shit one way or the other. I'm just watching with interest.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I was responding to a poster who insinuated they were going broke, which is clearly not the case. Iger is restructuring but it's not due to a slowdown but to sustain long-term profitability.

Despite the fake outrage on the Right simply because Chapek spoke up for his own employees, the woke hysteria is nothing but an attempt to fight a culture war to increase his bonafides with his ruby red base.

Most Americans don't give two craps about this nonsense and don't make entertainment decisions over trumped up political sideshows. A case could even be made that when companies go woke they become more profitable, for example, Nike and Colin Kaepernick. It seems there are many Americans that appreciate the nod to inclusion and want to show their support.

"After a solid first quarter, we are embarking on a significant transformation, one that will maximize the potential of our world-class creative teams and our unparalled brands and franchises," Iger said in a statement before the call.

The move comes as Disney's parks business continues to soar. The Parks, Experiences and Products division—which includes Disney Cruise Line and Disney’s merchandise business — saw a 21% increase in revenue to $8.7 billion in the first quarter. Operating income increased 25% to $3.1 billion.

The company said the guests spent more money while visiting its parks, including on services such as Genie+. Disney’s U.S. parks — Disney World and Disneyland — also saw growth in attendance.

On the first quarter earnings call Wednesday, chief financial officer Christine McCarthy said park attendance at both resorts are “pacing above [the] prior year.”

I know who you were responding to - I just thought the article was strange in that it seemed to indicate all was well at Disney and then show reasons it isn't. Disney is one of those companies that would have a REALLY hard time going broke.

I do think the brand's core market is a big part of whether go woke results in going broke or $$$$$$, as well as how extreme they go. Nike markets to a specific market that probably doesn't much care about that stuff either way. Bud Light may have done screwed up though......

There is also a difference between promoting racial equality and the whole Bud Light-Dylan Whatshisnuts thing - which in and of itself probably isn't the biggest deal in the world except a) nobody wants their buddies picking on them for picking Bud Light (right or wrong), and b) it inevitbaly leads to the whole trans athletes competing against women thing.

(As an aside - Kaepernick can do whatever he wants but I don't think a team owner should be forced to sign a player that a) can't help them, b) who's presence will inevitably lead to controversy - even if not from him. and c) will damage their team's brand value (whether it should or not). Just wanted to put that out there.

Personally I have two pairs - one pair of the Clemson Air Pegasus and a pair of Air Pegasus with an odd zipper on the side (I call them my 'old man Nikes' and they were a whopping $30). Never much liked the way Nike fit me. I hear their high end running shoes (the VaporFly or something) are really good but holy shvt do they like them.

Last edited:
One thing I can say for sure.... never been to Disneyland never will ... Over Priced.

Edit : I do not purchase Nike products or drink Bud light .. In fact I don't drink alcohol at all .
Same here. I don't like Nike's running shoes (in my price range) and at my age I would look ridiculous in a pair of Kyries or Jordans or something. I do have the two pairs mentioned above (mainly got the Clemson ones because I got a really good deal on them).

On the beer front, I've kind of become a Heineken and Yuengling fan lately.

Reactions: Clemson Goat
I know who you were responding to - I just thought the article was strange in that it seemed to indicate all was well at Disney and then show reasons it isn't. Disney is one of those companies that would have a REALLY hard time going broke.

I do think the brand's core market is a big part of whether go woke results in going broke or $$$$$$, as well as how extreme they go. Nike markets to a specific market that probably doesn't much care about that stuff either way. Bud Light may have done screwed up though......

There is also a difference between promoting racial equality and the whole Bud Light-Dylan Whatshisnuts thing - which in and of itself probably isn't the biggest deal in the world except a) nobody wants their buddies picking on them for picking Bud Light (right or wrong), and b) it inevitbaly leads to the whole trans athletes competing against women thing.

(As an aside - Kaepernick can do whatever he wants but I don't think a team owner should be forced to sign a player that a) can't help them, b) who's presence will inevitably lead to controversy - even if not from him. and c) will damage their team's brand value (whether it should or not). Just wanted to put that out there.

Personally I have two pairs - one pair of the Clemson Air Pegasus and a pair of Air Pegasus with an odd zipper on the side (I call them my 'old man Nikes' and they were a whopping $30). Never much liked the way Nike fit me. I hear their high end running shoes (the VaporFly or something) are really good but holy shvt do they like them.
I hear ya but all I'm saying is these boycotts don't have a good track record because they tend to attract more customers than they turn-off, so they seemingly know what they're doing. There's a conservative friend of our family that announced years ago that she'd no longer visit Disney because the parent company(ABC) hosted the Ellen show lol, because apparently that was a conservative cause back then. It didn't make a dent then and DeSantis won't make a dent now. The Nike boycott didn't work and the Budweiser boycott won't either because this will increase their market penetration overseas and will be soon forgotten here as well. It's a bunch of performative nonsense that riles up a portion of the population but energizes a larger portion apparently. Again, these companies know what they're doing.

Last edited:
I hear ya but all I'm saying is these boycotts don't have a good track record because they tend to attract more customers than they turn-off, so they apparently know what they're doing. There's a conservative friend of our family that announced years ago that she'd no longer visit Disney because the parent company(ABC) hosted the Ellen show lol, because apparently that was a consevative cause back then. It didn't make a dent then and DeSantis won't make a dent now. The Nike boycott didn't work and the Budweiser boycott won't either because this will increase their market penetration overseas and will be soon forgotten here as well. It's a bunch of performative nonsense that riles up a portion of the population but energizes a larger portion apparently. Again, these companies know what they're doing.

Outrage culture sucks.

I hear ya but all I'm saying is these boycotts don't have a good track record because they tend to attract more customers than they turn-off, so they seemingly know what they're doing. There's a conservative friend of our family that announced years ago that she'd no longer visit Disney because the parent company(ABC) hosted the Ellen show lol, because apparently that was a conservative cause back then. It didn't make a dent then and DeSantis won't make a dent now. The Nike boycott didn't work and the Budweiser boycott won't either because this will increase their market penetration overseas and will be soon forgotten here as well. It's a bunch of performative nonsense that riles up a portion of the population but energizes a larger portion apparently. Again, these companies know what they're doing.
Wouldn't bet on the Bud Light thing working out, for two reasons:

1) Bud Light sucks
2) Most of Europe thinks American beer is basically 99% water anyway.

(I know AB owns more brands than just Budweiser though....)

Disney's bigger problems are a) they keep fvcking up Star Wars and b) the MCU is not nearly as popular as it used to be (killing off Ironman was not a good idea apparently, and losing Chadwick Boseman really hurt them IMO).

From article "The drop in Disney+ subscribers — which was bigger than analysts expected — was entirely driven by a 3.8 million sequential decline at Disney+ Hotstar, the version of the service offered in India and parts of Southeast Asia, to stand at 161.8 million at the end of 2022. Last year, Disney lost streaming rights to Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket matches, which prompted it to lower growth targets for Disney+ Hotstar in India."

I thought the GOP was the pro-business party? They wouldn’t tell a lie

Reactions: dpic73
Wouldn't bet on the Bud Light thing working out, for two reasons:

1) Bud Light sucks
2) Most of Europe thinks American beer is basically 99% water anyway.

(I know AB owns more brands than just Budweiser though....)

Disney's bigger problems are a) they keep fvcking up Star Wars and b) the MCU is not nearly as popular as it used to be (killing off Ironman was not a good idea apparently, and losing Chadwick Boseman really hurt them IMO).
something like 20% of AB Inbev sales are in the states, the rest are in South and Central America, and Asia

From article "The drop in Disney+ subscribers — which was bigger than analysts expected — was entirely driven by a 3.8 million sequential decline at Disney+ Hotstar, the version of the service offered in India and parts of Southeast Asia, to stand at 161.8 million at the end of 2022. Last year, Disney lost streaming rights to Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket matches, which prompted it to lower growth targets for Disney+ Hotstar in India."
For some reason this whole post is black on black and I can’t read it.

DeSantis is a TERRIBLE politician. It's honestly kind of impressive.

Meanwhile Disney is losing their grip on animation films. Go woke, go broke. People are tiring of their garbage agendas and it’s starting to show.
No, it's just y'all's little bubble that is "getting tired" of whatever you said. Frankly, the rest of the country is happy to see y'all withdrawing again. It's always way better in public when the white trash isn't around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT