ADVERTISEMENT

Disney just made Tiny D desantis their b*tch.

I was retired in 2020 . The company I worked for did not shutdown in 2020 . I when to work in 76 at a new plant that was just built. We never had a layoff until 2023. Things were great at the plant during Reagan's terms . We were getting 9 to 10% raises plus VIP stocks. We did have some slow down periods in 2006 & 2008 but no one missed work or laid off.

My stocks did the best under Trump . When I retired in 2013 our stock price was almost 85 dollars per share I rolled mine over to cash in 2018 at 165.00 per share . Inflation rate 1.4 / gas 160 per gallon .

So when you said "our economy" you meant "my company".

Duh ... The economy drives most all manufacturing companies. The company I worked for manufacture around 60k different products. MMM

Duh?

Before starting my own businesses, I worked for two fortune 20 companies during W's tenure as president. Both had big layoffs, one after 9/11, the other in 2008 during the economic meltdown. So, there goes your BS narrative.

Of course, I was never laid off or forced into early retirement like you, because I am a winner.

MMM.

Duh?

Before starting my own businesses, I worked for two fortune 20 companies during W's tenure as president. Both had big layoffs, one after 9/11, the other in 2008 during the economic meltdown. So, there goes your BS narrative.

Of course, I was never laid off or forced into early retirement like you, because I am a winner.

MMM.

Duh ...douche boy,

You are so full of shit . I was not forced into retirement. So there goes your BS . I retired at 55 on my own with a pension and bridge to SS . If a person's age plus number of service years equal 91 you qualified for full retirement benefits. MMM = 3M . Sounds like your leadership or lack of leadership lead to your company's meltdown.

Last edited:
Duh ...douche boy,

You are so full of shit . I was not forced into retirement. So there goes your BS . I retired at 55 on my own with a pension and bridge to SS . If a person's age plus number of years equal 91 you qualified for full retirement benefits. MMM = 3M

Great another moocher off of my tax dollars. You live in SC? Then a simple thank you will suffice.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
The consuming public just made Disney their little B**tch. Go woke and then go broke.

Box Office Analyst Estimates That Disney Has Lost $890 Million on Last Eight Studio Releases, Including Woke Little Mermaid and Elemental​

The consuming public just made Disney their little B**tch. Go woke and then go broke.

Box Office Analyst Estimates That Disney Has Lost $890 Million on Last Eight Studio Releases, Including Woke Little Mermaid and Elemental​

So Disney's ex-CEO had a tepid response, saying he disagreed with the Don't Say Gay law because his employees asked him to and now you're rooting for their downfall too?

Reactions: yoshi121374

Call me when they are broke.

Looks like Desantis is bending the knee, as we all knew he would.

Who could have predicted that this clown would get his ass handed to him by a multinational corporation?

1995eed0-d8d3-4702-8019-1234c2f7c539-DeSantis_White_Boots_01.jpeg

You know, Disney seems to be having some problems and I don't think they are all that myself. Not that I actively dislike them.

But IMHO DeSantis basically did this to himself for no reason. The law that started this was ALWAYS going to pass the legislature. There was never any doubt about it. It wasn't even close.

Republicans are supposed to be business friendly. Republicans are supposed to be the party of small government, where companies aren't controlled by the government.

Why on EARTH would DeSantis do ANY of this for a law that was always going to sail through the legislature?

The fact that in spite of DeSantis actively attacking and enlisting the government to work against against one of the largest private companies in the state, Disney made him look really stupid on a number of occasions. That's actually not surprising that corporate lawyers > state government lawyers. That's kind of one of the foundations of capitalism.

So not surprising that Disney comes out of this relatively cleanly and DeSantis is MUCH worse off nationally. IMHO, this was totally expected... even if DeSantis won this fight and ran Disney right out of the state, who would be the winner there? Disney loses and Florida... is that a win??? Again, just not seeing what DeSantis was thinking here... lose-lose situation right there is the BEST outcome for him.

You know, Disney seems to be having some problems and I don't think they are all that myself. Not that I actively dislike them.

But IMHO DeSantis basically did this to himself for no reason. The law that started this was ALWAYS going to pass the legislature. There was never any doubt about it. It wasn't even close.

Republicans are supposed to be business friendly. Republicans are supposed to be the party of small government, where companies aren't controlled by the government.

Why on EARTH would DeSantis do ANY of this for a law that was always going to sail through the legislature?

The fact that in spite of DeSantis actively attacking and enlisting the government to work against against one of the largest private companies in the state, Disney made him look really stupid on a number of occasions. That's actually not surprising that corporate lawyers > state government lawyers. That's kind of one of the foundations of capitalism.

So not surprising that Disney comes out of this relatively cleanly and DeSantis is MUCH worse off nationally. IMHO, this was totally expected... even if DeSantis won this fight and ran Disney right out of the state, who would be the winner there? Disney loses and Florida... is that a win??? Again, just not seeing what DeSantis was thinking here... lose-lose situation right there is the BEST outcome for him.
He picked a fight to show that he's a fighter who doesn't back down from anyone, and then he backed down pretty hard.

He picked a fight to show that he's a fighter who doesn't back down from anyone, and then he backed down pretty hard.
I guess??? It's just that using his power as governor to make the government attack a private company is just so anti Republican.

I get that he was/is in a dick measuring contest with Trump and that he needed to do SOMETHING. But that move was like trying to prove what an alpha male you are by picking up dudes at the local gay bar.

I guess??? It's just that using his power as governor to make the government attack a private company is just so anti Republican.

I get that he was/is in a dick measuring contest with Trump and that he needed to do SOMETHING. But that move was like trying to prove what an alpha male you are by picking up dudes at the local gay bar.
He isn't a republican. He's a fascist just borrowing the republican label until he doesn't need it anymore. It all makes a lot more sense, and answers your questions, if you accept that premise.

He isn't a republican. He's a fascist just borrowing the republican label until he doesn't need it anymore. It all makes a lot more sense, and answers your questions, if you accept that premise.
Fair enough I guess. He certainly is down with using the government to attack his enemies.

Reactions: okclem
Looks like Desantis is bending the knee, as we all knew he would.

" Disney lets stand a determination by the board of DeSantis appointees that the comprehensive plan approved by the Disney supporters before the takeover is null and void."

End result. Florida now controls Reedy Creek and Disney's future construction plans

Sounds like Disney is now Ron's bitch doesn't it.

" Disney lets stand a determination by the board of DeSantis appointees that the comprehensive plan approved by the Disney supporters before the takeover is null and void."

End result. Florida now controls Reedy Creek and Disney's future construction plans

They fired the DeSantis appointed chairman and reverted to the policy that was in place before the last minute filing before the 2022 lawsuit. So everything went back to the way it was before desantis decided to attack Disney, and both parties agreed to negotiate a new plan for the future.

So both sides backed off. You should work on your reading comprehension.

Yet another indication that the modern GOP has no real interest in the economy or business. It's merely a front for Christian fundamentalists to impose their beliefs on you.

Man, you really are the most ignorant sumbitch ever

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT