ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe the Bible? Why?

HeavyWaterTiger

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Aiken, SC
I believe in the Bible. I believe every last bit of it. Here's why: I choose to believe the Bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents written down by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of other eyewitnesses. They report to us supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific phrophecy and claim that their writtings are divine rather than human in origin.

HWT

200w.gif

Reactions: Toasted712

“The West Zone​

The place for news and scoop on Clemson”

“House Of Politics & Off-Topics​

FREE BOARD: Man and woman cannot live on Clemson athletics alone. Come on in and talk politics, religion, music, movies and more! The opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of Tigerillustrated.com.”

Why do we continue to make things difficult and stir up controversy?

And I’m a believer. Make life easy and follow the dang rules. Geez

IMG-0208.gif

This should be my signature.

Yes, but the OT gives me so much trouble keeping my attention.
I tried to do the agnostic college kid thing for a while but I knew what I believed.

CS Lewis summarizes it best.

“Reality, in fact, is usually something you could not have guessed. That is one of the reasons I believe Christianity. It is a religion that you could not have guessed. If it offered us just the kind of universe we had always expected, I should feel we were making it up. But, in fact, it is not the sort of thing anyone would have made up. It has just that queer twist about it that real things have.”

“The West Zone​

FREE BOARD: Man and woman cannot live on Clemson athletics alone. Come on in and talk politics, religion, music, movies and more! The opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of Tigerillustrated.com.”

IMG-0208.gif

Second

Reactions: gvltiger01
I believe in the Bible. I believe every last bit of it. Here's why: I choose to believe the Bible because it is a reliable collection of historical documents written down by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of other eyewitnesses. They report to us supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific phrophecy and claim that their writtings are divine rather than human in origin.

HWT
Absolutely. Because, among other reasons, all the evidence supports it. Also, no one dies for what they KNOW to be a lie. The disciples died horrific deaths and refused to recant what they taught from what they saw.

Im reading the whole thing this year. Yes, I absolutely believe, however there are tons of things that either arent literal or are ambiguous.

The biblical is extremely complex. Different religions use different parts of ‘the Bible’. Depending on who you ask, there’s anything from 50 to 80 something books.

The quaron has similar stories about people with the same name. Jewish , hebrew, catholic, protestant, etc. We all pick different parts to preach to one another.

It’s definitely a story to be read in context.

To me, it’s abundantly clear that the Holy Spirit lets us live. Our journeys arent pre-determined. He doesnt always know what we will do in certain situations. Divine intervention is real.

You want some clarity on life? Want to see God use people in different way? Want to see his grace and mercy? His characteristics? Help with your daily walk? Study Job.

Im reading the whole thing this year. Yes, I absolutely believe, however there are tons of things that either arent literal or are ambiguous.

The biblical is extremely complex. Different religions use different parts of ‘the Bible’. Depending on who you ask, there’s anything from 50 to 80 something books.

The quaron has similar stories about people with the same name. Jewish , hebrew, catholic, protestant, etc. We all pick different parts to preach to one another.

It’s definitely a story to be read in context.

To me, it’s abundantly clear that the Holy Spirit lets us live. Our journeys arent pre-determined. He doesnt always know what we will do in certain situations. Divine intervention is real.

You want some clarity on life? Want to see God use people in different way? Want to see his grace and mercy? His characteristics? Help with your daily walk? Study Job.
Did a study on Job (when I was 30) and can second this. It's a very powerful book......

Also, read one chapter of Proverbs a day as there is a ton of wisdom throughout for living an effective life.

Yes. I believe on faith.
Also, the fact that common sense & science both point to this place being designed & not just evolving randomly on its own doesn’t hurt…..
Just my opinion. To each his own. Decide what u want, makes no difference to me.

Reactions: BHSRebels89

HWT
Father God sent his son to die for me and take my sins in order to give me eternal life in heaven. The Bible reveals the Trinity and the character of God our Father. Without the bible we would not know the Trinity and the character of our savior Jesus Christ, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. The Bible is a road map from Genesis to Revalations teaching us what happened before Adam and the end of times. Without the Bible you are basically lost.

Reactions: BHSRebels89

HWT

Absolutely but stop plagiarizing Voddie Bauchman 🤣😉

Reactions: clemsonu0219

“The West Zone​

IMG-0208.gif

/thread

Edit to add something:
angry the big lebowski GIF

HWT
Absolutely!!! Because it’s the Word of GOD & for people who doubt The Bible, twenty-five percent of the Bible is Prophecy. Things that were prophecied thousands of years ago that have come to pass, are coming to pass & things that will come to pass. The Old Prophets prophecied about JESUS’s birth, crucifixion, resurrection & return 600-1000 years before JESUS was born. Bible Prophecy is being fulfilled daily before our eyes & will continue to do so until after the millennium & when a New Heaven comes down from Heaven after the millennium & Great White Throne Judgement.

I believe the Bible is true. By faith. It’s the Word of God. The Bible is a collection of 66 books, penned by some forty different human authors who wrote as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. They wrote over a period of more than 1500 years from 3 different continents. They were from all walks of life, yet they wrote a perfectly consistent & integrated message .No other book has stood the test of time like the Bible. It’s the all time best seller. Always will be. No other book has been translated into more languages. The Bible changes lives when its teachings are received by faith. I’ve seen marriages restored, addictions broken, sicknesses healed, lives wonderfully transformed. All of the Bible’s prophecies have either been fulfilled or are being fulfilled right before our eyes. The end times prophecies are unfolding right in front of us. I know what the Bible is doing for me.

HWT
Got to love Voddie!

I have always been sceptical as a child of the sixties, but I can honestly say there have been 3 or 4 times in my life where there were "forces" present that I did not know or understand. There was something going on in that room that was more powerful than me. I am still trying to figure it out, but it was something that I could feel. I wish I knew so that I could thank whatever it was.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
Did a study on Job (when I was 30) and can second this. It's a very powerful book......

Also, read one chapter of Proverbs a day as there is a ton of wisdom throughout for living an effective life.

Using the Bible as a guide is one of my compass points

Many good life lessons to use when faced with problems

HWT
As Christopher Hitchens once said, "If there is this benevolent God you are talking about he surely would have left something behind indicate who He is."

Yes and no.

Do I believe in its overall message, yes. Do I believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible, no.

The problem is that the Bible has been translated and re-translated so many times that it is difficult to tell what was actually written and what was intended. It was written about two thousand years ago. The world is a vastly different place. Some of the things written in the Bible don't apply anymore.

Last edited:

HWT
I believe in the Bible, but don’t take literally everything in it….err, most of it I suppose. I also care more about the books that cover Jesus than the rest of em.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT