ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump: All Class

o that was a joke. no way they would give up their fortune

they want the american taxpayer to pay.

hey just heard oversight hearings coming in the senate.

they wanna know-

why was the whistleblower document changed? who did it? why? was it legal to do so?

who is the whistleblower and where did they get he get his information? subpoena that group for questioning.

how did whistleblower contact schiffs office after the AG office said not enough there to do anything.

who in schiffs office worked with the whistleblower.

also fisa court judges pissed.

they were appointed by john roberts.

john roberts will preside over impeachment.

he probably despises schiff

Seen you post a couple times and I respect a lot of your opinions but disagree with some.

How is the economy doing: I think you said you have an Ivy League education; I know that you know this is a very complex question that requires a very complex discussion. My simple response would be - it’s still on the right track. I think you can argue the overall goods of Trump’s economic policy outweigh the bads. Not sure I would take that stance but he has definitely done some good things.

How is unemployment: Unemployment is down. Same as above. Trump seems to still have this on the right track. Our country has a problem with low workforce participation but that isn’t something that’s new.

Minority unemployment: Why exactly do you want to separate this? I think I know but don’t want to assume or use any opinions.

Stock market: Same as the top 2. On the right track. I’m happy with it. This isn’t a good indicator of overall economic health though.

Appointing judges: To claim this isn’t an opinion would be untrue. You may believe these judges uphold the constitution but people can viably disagree.

Are we ramping up defense spending: See link. US spending on defense in 2018 was a decrease from every year in the 2008-2013 period. 2014 was very close. 2018 was the most of 2016, 17, and 18 under the Trump admin. Don’t forget, the wall is coming from the DoD budget and only God knows how much that will be. https://www.statista.com/statistics/272473/us-military-spending-from-2000-to-2012/

Pushing to secure the southern border:

1) Ever since NAFTA was signed in 1995, illegal immigration from the US southern border was on the decline. The rate only started to increase when Trump took office. I expect USMCA to help with this and Trump will claim he solved the border problem - when he really just did the same thing NAFTA was doing regarding alleviating immigration.

2) What problems coming from the southern border justify the spending on the wall/real estate? How does this part of Trump’s foreign policy help America overall?

Who has made our allies pay more for defense: Trump has. This is an opinion but I believe he has also hurt our long term relationships with important allies that will cost more to the US over time. Japan, France, Germany, UK, etc. You don’t treat partners/allies like this. His isolationist policies are so far from being economically conservative I don’t know what to say about this.

China: I absolutely think we need to take a stand to China. We have a problem in competing with them in some tech areas, specifically A.I. However, is it a “better” trade deal when Trump is just repealing sanctions he originally put on China? Look at the consumer impact of the tariffs. What does “phase 1” (assuming it passes) do to offset this loss?

Taking a stand on Iran: Does Iran have more supplies for WMD now or in 2015? The deal wasn’t perfect but there was progress with Iran, the US, and some allies. Now what do we have?

An intelligent conversation. Much better than the "Jesus Hates Trump, and his Moron Supporters" crowd... who can't seem to answer simple questions.

Minority unemployment: Why exactly do you want to separate this? - Because the narrative that is commonly advanced is that Trump is a Repub, Old, White and therefore racist. Just trying to point this out to ppl who are on the Democrat Plantation. But just to be fair... Male unemployment in the 45-54yr old bracket is 2.2%. I really like that number... because that is me at the time that I am changing careers.

Stock market: Same as the top 2. On the right track. I’m happy with it. This isn’t a good indicator of overall economic health though. - When stocks rise, people invested in the equity markets gain wealth. This increased wealth often leads to increased consumer spending, as consumers buy more goods and services when they're confident they are in a financial position to do so. Good for America and Americans. Good for me.

Appointing judges: To claim this isn’t an opinion would be untrue. You may believe these judges uphold the constitution but people can viably disagree. - Ok. Point, you. IMO, then. I am an originalist. I believe in the separations of powers as set forth by the Constitution and accordingly I do not want judges to legislate from the bench. The constitution is what it is. If we need to change it then there is a legislative process to change it. Until that happens, I believe that judges should take it on it's face and rule accordingly. Trump's appointments reflect that. The 9th Circuit pre-Trump did not. Some of the Supreme court previously appointed do not.

Don’t forget, the wall is coming from the DoD budget and only God knows how much that will be. - Border security is defending the nation in it's most constitutional sense. Keeping invaders from crossing into our territory without permission. I can argue that that is more important than the black hole that we are throwing $$ into in Afghanistan.

What problems coming from the southern border justify the spending on the wall/real estate? How does this part of Trump’s foreign policy help America overall? - Oprima numero uno for Engleis. Ok, I'll be serious.... If Mexicans/Guatamalans etc, can easily enter the US how hard is it for Muslim Terrorists to do the same? Answer. Not very. Illegals commit all kinds of crime. Crime that would not be committed if they were not here. Illegals drain our public resources.

Would you give out your address, list all of your valuables and then leave your door to your house unlocked? Probably not. Why should our Federal Government then do the same.... when securing our national sovereignty is it's primary task.

The [illegal immigration?] rate only started to increase when Trump took office - Apprehensions? Apprehensions go up when you actually try harder to apprehend. Also.. The "caravans" et al. happened as a reaction to Trump. Get here fast before the border gets better security OR, cause some bullshit "humanitarian" crisis for domestic US consumption to derail trump's efforts. Trump put the screws to Mexico, and "magically" the invasion from further south has been stemmed.

This is an opinion but I believe he has also hurt our long term relationships with important allies that will cost more to the US over time. Japan, France, Germany, UK, etc. - You mean the German government who has been buying oil from Russia and not living up to their agreed upon commitment to NATO? France? Same. Oh, and they didn't allow our planes to overfly their airspace during operation El Dorado Canyon to retailiate for the Lockerbie, Scotland mass murder. How does Macron being a little upset impact us? Seriously, how? UK? - The country whose people have voted to throw off the yoke of the EU and be free again... Once they do, they will find increased prosperity as they ink new trade deals with the US.... No "long term" relationships have been harmed. The foreign political ruling class is being stirred up by Trump who is speaking plainly (and sometimes crudely) and more importantly... starting to wield the vast ECONOMIC element of US national power. It is a huge stick and Trump is using it like a club.. and the lessor nations doth protest.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangelvis
An intelligent conversation. Much better than the "Jesus Hates Trump, and his Moron Supporters" crowd... who can't seem to answer simple questions.

Minority unemployment: Why exactly do you want to separate this? - Because the narrative that is commonly advanced is that Trump is a Repub, Old, White and therefore racist. Just trying to point this out to ppl who are on the Democrat Plantation. But just to be fair... Male unemployment in the 45-54yr old bracket is 2.2%. I really like that number... because that is me at the time that I am changing careers.

Stock market: Same as the top 2. On the right track. I’m happy with it. This isn’t a good indicator of overall economic health though. - When stocks rise, people invested in the equity markets gain wealth. This increased wealth often leads to increased consumer spending, as consumers buy more goods and services when they're confident they are in a financial position to do so. Good for America and Americans. Good for me.

Appointing judges: To claim this isn’t an opinion would be untrue. You may believe these judges uphold the constitution but people can viably disagree. - Ok. Point, you. IMO, then. I am an originalist. I believe in the separations of powers as set forth by the Constitution and accordingly I do not want judges to legislate from the bench. The constitution is what it is. If we need to change it then there is a legislative process to change it. Until that happens, I believe that judges should take it on it's face and rule accordingly. Trump's appointments reflect that. The 9th Circuit pre-Trump did not. Some of the Supreme court previously appointed do not.

Don’t forget, the wall is coming from the DoD budget and only God knows how much that will be. - Border security is defending the nation in it's most constitutional sense. Keeping invaders from crossing into our territory without permission. I can argue that that is more important than the black hole that we are throwing $$ into in Afghanistan.

What problems coming from the southern border justify the spending on the wall/real estate? How does this part of Trump’s foreign policy help America overall? - Oprima numero uno for Engleis. Ok, I'll be serious.... If Mexicans/Guatamalans etc, can easily enter the US how hard is it for Muslim Terrorists to do the same? Answer. Not very. Illegals commit all kinds of crime. Crime that would not be committed if they were not here. Illegals drain our public resources.

Would you give out your address, list all of your valuables and then leave your door to your house unlocked? Probably not. Why should our Federal Government then do the same.... when securing our national sovereignty is it's primary task.

The [illegal immigration?] rate only started to increase when Trump took office - Apprehensions? Apprehensions go up when you actually try harder to apprehend. Also.. The "caravans" et al. happened as a reaction to Trump. Get here fast before the border gets better security OR, cause some bullshit "humanitarian" crisis for domestic US consumption to derail trump's efforts. Trump put the screws to Mexico, and "magically" the invasion from further south has been stemmed.

This is an opinion but I believe he has also hurt our long term relationships with important allies that will cost more to the US over time. Japan, France, Germany, UK, etc. - You mean the German government who has been buying oil from Russia and not living up to their agreed upon commitment to NATO? France? Same. Oh, and they didn't allow our planes to overfly their airspace during operation El Dorado Canyon to retailiate for the Lockerbie, Scotland mass murder. How does Macron being a little upset impact us? Seriously, how? UK? - The country whose people have voted to throw off the yoke of the EU and be free again... Once they do, they will find increased prosperity as they ink new trade deals with the US.... No "long term" relationships have been harmed. The foreign political ruling class is being stirred up by Trump who is speaking plainly (and sometimes crudely) and more importantly... starting to wield the vast ECONOMIC element of US national power. It is a huge stick and Trump is using it like a club.. and the lessor nations doth protest.

I think our political system has resorted to unintelligent name-calling over debate because it plays to large constituencies. I’m glad we can discuss here with the goal of actually seeking a solution. Probably won’t get one but at least you know we’re saying what we actually think.

Minority unemployment: I hear you. The job market was nice for me too entering the workforce in the last couple years. Lucky tbh. Economists seemingly overestimated the natural rate of unemployment forever - I think unemployment is too low now but not to the point where the economy will drastically overheat and crash. Labor costs haven’t reciprocated the unemployment rate as much as expected imo.

Stock market: Increasing consumer confidence is definitely a good thing. I don’t knock Trump for this, I just don’t think it’s a great differentiator. An increase in wealth doesn’t usually lead to more spending though. The wealthy are already spending all of, or a majority or their discretionary $. An increase in wealth doesn’t mainly lead to more spending for these people, it leads to more saving. I don’t think this is fundamentally bad either I just think your argument isn’t complete.

Judges: I’m actually fairly ignorant about the appointees haha. I know a little bit I’d be lying to act knowledgeable. I can’t disagree with your opinion, I just know these things tend to lean towards being more subjective.

Illegal immigrants: This is the place I most strongly disagree with your outlook. Immigrants, illegal and not, commit less violent crimes per capita than their native counterparts. I believe a large majority of immigrants would contribute more to our resource pool than a lot of their American counterparts. We do have a huge entitlement problem in America and I’m not talking about people on welfare/Medicaid/food stamps/etc. I don’t think we should have open borders but I don’t think Trump should have changed one thing about our border policy, given his policies. It’s funny that the part of our country that most strongly disagrees with illegal immigration is the part that is the furthest from any foreign country’s borders.

Apprehensions: To say the reason more people crossed is definitely an opinion. My opinion is that more came here because they were going to los thousands and thousands of jobs south of the US border if NAFTA was eliminated. What about the crime rate amongst illegal immigrants in America pre and post Trump? This should have gone way down. Trump can’t stop an invasion that doesn’t exist anywhere except his own mind. Why was the rate of illegal immigrants going down reciprocally to enacting NAFTA? Because Mexico’s economy was growing. More people were incentivized to stay south of the US border. The desperation that some of these people have leads to unwarranted fear. To build a wall is just alleviating a symptom, like America always does in the war on drugs, rather than attacking the source of the problem. The source is the desperation and need to support themselves and their families. NAFTA, and the soon to come USMCA, will address the source of the problem and create needed jobs. It reminds of the theory behind HOAs, raising your neighbors value raises your value and stops problems from spilling over into your yard.

Allies: You can’t try to convince any rational person that Germany, led by *Angela Merkel*,would ever be more friendly than absolutely necessary to Putin’s Russia. And not paying their part? Doesn’t Trump want to raise the % paid by each country as a proportion of GDP? His target was 4% I believe and the US didn’t/doesn’t even pay 4% of its RGDP. Btw, no one listens to the richest, most powerful person at work complaining about everyone else not paying their fair shares. Same as the outside world looking at the US. Trump’s approach doesn’t work. Your argument is that France doesn’t matter - okay. Can’t say much there. UK - screw them too. Okay. Obviously the long term relationships with allies have been hurt since even some of our most intelligent American’s have been convinced our allies don’t matter and don’t pull their own weight. That’s a healthy team with a good LT relationship.

Want to talk about hypocrisies? Trump reprimanded Turkey buying Russian missile defense systems (instead our ours) by pulling support from the people the Turks (and Russians, obviously) are fighting. That doesn’t make sense. That’s another relationship Trump has damaged (I know you think they don’t matter) and it seemed like the relationship was mutually beneficial.

I think our political system has resorted to unintelligent name-calling over debate because it plays to large constituencies. I’m glad we can discuss here with the goal of actually seeking a solution. Probably won’t get one but at least you know we’re saying what we actually think.

Minority unemployment: I hear you. The job market was nice for me too entering the workforce in the last couple years. Lucky tbh. Economists seemingly overestimated the natural rate of unemployment forever - I think unemployment is too low now but not to the point where the economy will drastically overheat and crash. Labor costs haven’t reciprocated the unemployment rate as much as expected imo.

Stock market: Increasing consumer confidence is definitely a good thing. I don’t knock Trump for this, I just don’t think it’s a great differentiator. An increase in wealth doesn’t usually lead to more spending though. The wealthy are already spending all of, or a majority or their discretionary $. An increase in wealth doesn’t mainly lead to more spending for these people, it leads to more saving. I don’t think this is fundamentally bad either I just think your argument isn’t complete.

Judges: I’m actually fairly ignorant about the appointees haha. I know a little bit I’d be lying to act knowledgeable. I can’t disagree with your opinion, I just know these things tend to lean towards being more subjective.

Illegal immigrants: This is the place I most strongly disagree with your outlook. Immigrants, illegal and not, commit less violent crimes per capita than their native counterparts. I believe a large majority of immigrants would contribute more to our resource pool than a lot of their American counterparts. We do have a huge entitlement problem in America and I’m not talking about people on welfare/Medicaid/food stamps/etc. I don’t think we should have open borders but I don’t think Trump should have changed one thing about our border policy, given his policies. It’s funny that the part of our country that most strongly disagrees with illegal immigration is the part that is the furthest from any foreign country’s borders.

Apprehensions: To say the reason more people crossed is definitely an opinion. My opinion is that more came here because they were going to los thousands and thousands of jobs south of the US border if NAFTA was eliminated. What about the crime rate amongst illegal immigrants in America pre and post Trump? This should have gone way down. Trump can’t stop an invasion that doesn’t exist anywhere except his own mind. Why was the rate of illegal immigrants going down reciprocally to enacting NAFTA? Because Mexico’s economy was growing. More people were incentivized to stay south of the US border. The desperation that some of these people have leads to unwarranted fear. To build a wall is just alleviating a symptom, like America always does in the war on drugs, rather than attacking the source of the problem. The source is the desperation and need to support themselves and their families. NAFTA, and the soon to come USMCA, will address the source of the problem and create needed jobs. It reminds of the theory behind HOAs, raising your neighbors value raises your value and stops problems from spilling over into your yard.

Allies: You can’t try to convince any rational person that Germany, led by *Angela Merkel*,would ever be more friendly than absolutely necessary to Putin’s Russia. And not paying their part? Doesn’t Trump want to raise the % paid by each country as a proportion of GDP? His target was 4% I believe and the US didn’t/doesn’t even pay 4% of its RGDP. Btw, no one listens to the richest, most powerful person at work complaining about everyone else not paying their fair shares. Same as the outside world looking at the US. Trump’s approach doesn’t work. Your argument is that France doesn’t matter - okay. Can’t say much there. UK - screw them too. Okay. Obviously the long term relationships with allies have been hurt since even some of our most intelligent American’s have been convinced our allies don’t matter and don’t pull their own weight. That’s a healthy team with a good LT relationship.

Want to talk about hypocrisies? Trump reprimanded Turkey buying Russian missile defense systems (instead our ours) by pulling support from the people the Turks (and Russians, obviously) are fighting. That doesn’t make sense. That’s another relationship Trump has damaged (I know you think they don’t matter) and it seemed like the relationship was mutually beneficial.

Cool…. A conversation.

I think our political system has resorted to unintelligent name-calling over debate because it plays to large constituencies. I’m glad we can discuss here with the goal of actually seeking a solution. – Not going to happen. American society right now is to polarized and in general too dumb. I don’t see a solution anytime soon.

Minority unemployment: I hear you. The job market was nice for me too entering the workforce in the last couple years. Lucky tbh. Allright! Lucky for me too, as a 51yr old white male transitioning careers. Trump said last campaign cycle, “ What have you got to lose?” Well, what did Minorities lose? Remember that when the Dem candidates want to keep minorities on the “plantation” with their talk of class warfare.

Stock market: Increasing consumer confidence is definitely a good thing. I don’t knock Trump for this, I just don’t think it’s a great differentiator. An increase in wealth doesn’t usually lead to more spending thoughI don’t think this is fundamentally bad either I just think your argument isn’t complete – Contribute to a retirement plan/ 401K / IRA and then get to the point where you have to do the math and sit an think about things like, “when do I take my social security”, “do I have enough insurance”, “what about long-term care insurance?”, “will my investments last and support my wife if I die?”. Let me know in 20yrs if you think that stock market increases are important. Lol.

–Do your research. Do just a little. Probably the most significant achievement of the Trump Presidency (and IMO the best for America). Will shape the judiciary and this country for decades. Full disclosure.. I am one who wants a strict adherence to the Constitution by the judiciary. I want CONGRESS to change laws not the courts. I also wish that judges should have age limits (just like I believe congress should have term limits).

Illegal immigrants: - I’m not against immigration. However… Here is an experiment. Open your house let people come in there and raid your fridge and maybe you get a jackpot of a pregnant women having a baby in your living room and then by the basis that they were born in your house, claims your spare bedroom as his and you are now obligated to feed, provide support, help with secondary and post-secondary education… Oh and he doesn’t even have to learn English. Would you be down with that? Lol. Be honest. Me? I’d keep my doors locked. Oh, you are a nucliear physicist that will rapidly be self-supporting and then soon afterward will increase the US intellectual capital? Come right in.

My opinion is that more came here because they were going to los thousands and thousands of jobs south of the US border if NAFTA was eliminated. – Q. If elimination of NAFTA benefits the US why does this even matter? A. It doesn’t. – IT means we need more border enforcement. Illegal alien crime rate. If it is 1 or greater, it is too much. Illegal is illegal. We have enough home-grown criminals, we don’t need more.

Allies: You can’t try to convince any rational person that Germany, led by *Angela Merkel*,would ever be more friendly than absolutely necessary to Putin’s Russia.
- Germany and Russia are making deals for Oil/Gas. An area that we are squeezing them now that we have upped our domestic production and become an exporter. OUR interest is that Germany doesn’t do that deal.

And not paying their part? Doesn’t Trump want to raise the % paid by each country as a proportion of GDP? His target was 4% I believe and the US didn’t/doesn’t even pay 4% of its RGDP.

I it’s more like 2%.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/14/politics/nato-defense-spending-target/index.html

Make a better point if you can. The US taxpayer bankrolls the defense of Europe vs. the Russian threat. Trump is making them pay more. They don’t like it. This American taxpayer loves it if they don’t like it. That means to me that it hurts a little. I like that. They need to grow up and start pulling their own weight. WWII was over 74yrs ago. Time to be big boys and stand up now.

Obviously the long term relationships with allies have been hurt since even some of our most intelligent American’s have been convinced our allies don’t matter and don’t pull their own weight. That’s a healthy team with a good LT relationship. – I believe that you are listening to too many talking points. EVERYONE acts in their own self interest. We have too many common interests and our “allies” stand to lose too much for any real conflict to last on any important matter. We can have some disagreement and Trump and France can exchange Tarriffs on Wine and Cheese… BUT is France going to withdraw from NATO? No. Are they going to be mad at us ? Maybe… but are they somejhow going to sever economic or military ties and suck up to the Chinese? Of course not. It’s time that the US flexes a little muscle and give the US taxpayers a break. Us American taxpayers have been subsidizing the security of Europe. Wake up! The US Economy is the 800lb gorilla in the room. It’s time we start acting like that gorilla… lesser animals can grumble all they want. Would you like providing your $$ or even your son(s) to defend others who give less than you?

Want to talk about hypocrisies? Trump reprimanded Turkey buying Russian missile defense systems (instead our ours) by pulling support from the people the Turks (and Russians, obviously) are fighting. That doesn’t make sense. - I know what you are referring to, but you really need to be more specific. But until then… Turkey… Sovereign Country and NATO member. Other group.. Well, you tell me who/what they are. A country? NATO member? Why did they accept US help in the first place? What were/are their primary interest? How does what they want help us? -- Sorry we shouldn’t be helping people to help them. We should help people to help US. For. As. Long. As. It. Benefits. Us. If you want to give to charity… pleas do it at home.. and not require that an American service member do it on an foreign battlefield. Our interests come first. A shitty business? Sure. But that’s life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT