ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump Botches Afghanistan Withdrawal in August 2020

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Dam the man is good

8 months after the Don left office it’s his fault according to Biden why the withdrawal was a shit storm

I will say it could have been worse

However Trump would have needed more time to plan the chaotic withdrawal to be worse

Of course this is tongue in cheek

Biden is a TOTOL IDIOT

He can’r be President when he is the president

Dam the man is good

8 months after the Don left office it’s his fault according to Biden why the withdrawal was a shit storm

However Trump would have needed more time to plan the chaotic withdrawal to be worse

Biden is a TOTOL IDIOT

Biden can'r be an idiot.

Dam the man is good

Biden is a TOTOL IDIOT

Well, I agree that Biden can't put this on Trump. But to be fair, Trump blamed Obama for stuff right up until the end of his Presidency.

But the Afghan stuff was going to be a cluster no matter who did it. Look man. The Afghan Armed Forces had > 200,000 men vs maybe 15K Taliban. The Afghan army had been trained by Americans for 20+ years including 12 by Republican Admins and 8+ by Dems and was equipped with modern American Equipment.

Those 15K troops kicked 200K troops asses in < 2 weeks, taking the whole country. And by kicking their asses, I mean they drove into Afghan towns and unloaded in the town square... taking the town w/o a shot fired. The Afghan troops laid down their arms and quit.

It was ALWAYS going to end that way... Nothing Biden did or didn't do would have put any fight into the Afghans after 20 years of support.

I totally despise Trump but I really think Biden could have done a better job with the withdrawal, like getting out the civilians before he brought back the military. Leaving the Taliban in charge of the withdrawal was a huge mistake.

Reactions: hopefultiger13
I totally despise Trump but I really think Biden could have done a better job with the withdrawal, like getting out the civilians before he brought back the military. Leaving the Taliban in charge of the withdrawal was a huge mistake.
In hindsight absolutely. BUT I don't think that we thought that the Afghan troops would lose the whole damn country in 2 weeks. I mean they outnumbered the Talaban 10:1 and had better equipment and supposedly better training. I don't think anyone saw that coming until after the fact.

In hindsight absolutely. BUT I don't think that we thought that the Afghan troops would lose the whole damn country in 2 weeks. I mean they outnumbered the Talaban 10:1 and had better equipment and supposedly better training. I don't think anyone saw that coming until after the fact.
This. I don’t think even the most pessimistic folks thought they’d fall THAT quickly.

Afghanistan could have been handled better all the way around, from Bush to Biden. I’d say in hindsight we shouldn’t have been there at all, certainly not for almost 20 years.

Dam the man is good

Biden is a TOTOL IDIOT

Facts:

trump had been negotiating directly with the taliban to take over, despite our relationship with the afghan military. That had a huge impact on the lack of fighting spirit of the afghan military.

At the end of the day, Biden made the call to do the withdrawal. What trump had done was a shitshow, but Biden could have chosen to handle the withdrawal differently than he did. He made the decision.

These are facts and they are indisputable.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerGrowls
You don't evacuate those with the power, ie weapons, before those without, the civilians

Facts:

trump had been negotiating directly with the taliban to take over, despite our relationship with the afghan military. That had a huge impact on the lack of fighting spirit of the afghan military.

At the end of the day, Biden made the call to do the withdrawal. What trump had done was a shitshow, but Biden could have chosen to handle the withdrawal differently than he did. He made the decision.

I started to write something really ignorant , stupid and off the wall idiotic.

After reading your post I think i will pass on trying to one up you. You win big time.

Reactions: Paw Pad
Well, I agree that Biden can't put this on Trump. But to be fair, Trump blamed Obama for stuff right up until the end of his Presidency.

But the Afghan stuff was going to be a cluster no matter who did it. Look man. The Afghan Armed Forces had > 200,000 men vs maybe 15K Taliban. The Afghan army had been trained by Americans for 20+ years including 12 by Republican Admins and 8+ by Dems and was equipped with modern American Equipment.

Those 15K troops kicked 200K troops asses in < 2 weeks, taking the whole country. And by kicking their asses, I mean they drove into Afghan towns and unloaded in the town square... taking the town w/o a shot fired. The Afghan troops laid down their arms and quit.

It was ALWAYS going to end that way... Nothing Biden did or didn't do would have put any fight into the Afghans after 20 years of support.
Disagree strongly. Trump would have done it correctly.

Facts:

That had nothing to do with the lack of fighting spirit. Utter nonsense.

The Afghan military was never really a military. It was fed back to upper echelon officers for years, including when I was there early days of the war on terror. 3 different admins chose to ignore the fact that Afghanistan is tribal, meaning each village hates the other villages. They were never going to stand together and hold the country once we left which is why it was imperative to leave a small fighting force in country.

Trump's withdrawal didn't have them shutting down the only defensible airport before exfil. That was your current admin's decision. That single decision alone is probably the worst tactical military decision I've seen in my lifetime and I'm not sure why Generals haven't been fired for it.

It may have been Trump's decision to leave Afghanistan, but the logistics of the withdrawal were all with Biden/Biden's admin.

We knew the Afghan troops wouldn't fight. These are the reports you'll never see but every junior/mid officer fed that back to top brass from the start of the war. This is not a partisan opinion, these are facts and I spent years in country there. No general that sat anywhere near Washington DC wanted to hear that we wasted billions of dollars and time training a military that wasn't effective.

There was never a scenario that didn't have us leaving a small fighting force behind if we wanted to keep the Taliban from running the country.

Anyone that spent time in Afghanistan would have told you this was going to happen.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I have a confession to make

I put Donald Trump on the header blaming him as a joke to see what fish would bite

I did see the typical bottom feeders bite

How any person who after 10 months in office blames the previous President is really crazy

I am voting for anybody NOT A DEMOCRAT

And if DONALD TRUMP is it then I an OK with it

I put Donald Trump on the header blaming him as a joke to see what fish would bite

How any person who after 10 months in office blames the previous President is really crazy

Then you are complete hypocrite. trump spent four years blaming every bad thing on Obama. Not enough covid tests? Obama’s fault. (Even though covid did not exist under Obama. That was in year four.

When looking. Back at a president’s economic performance, they generally don’t count the first year of a presidents tenure. So, because trump was a one term loser, who got crushed by Biden in 2020, we should really only count three years, including the economic crash in 2020.

Vote for trump. We all knew you were going to vote for trump. Trump is going to get his ass handed to him again. Just wait until he gets cornered into calling for a national abortion ban. Young people are voting in mass, finally. He is going to lose spectacularly.

Reactions: dpic73
That had nothing to do with the lack of fighting spirit. Utter nonsense.

The Afghan military was never really a military. It was fed back to upper echelon officers for years, including when I was there early days of the war on terror. 3 different admins chose to ignore the fact that Afghanistan is tribal, meaning each village hates the other villages. They were never going to stand together and hold the country once we left which is why it was imperative to leave a small fighting force in country.

Trump's withdrawal didn't have them shutting down the only defensible airport before exfil. That was your current admin's decision. That single decision alone is probably the worst tactical military decision I've seen in my lifetime and I'm not sure why Generals haven't been fired for it.

It may have been Trump's decision to leave Afghanistan, but the logistics of the withdrawal were all with Biden/Biden's admin.

Thanks for your service. What I wrote has been documented by people much more in the know than you. But nice try.

Thanks for your service. What I wrote has been documented by people much more in the know than you. But nice try.
I was there, multiple times.......you were not. It was documented that they wouldn't fight from the start of the program.

This is on Biden, 100% his own f*ck up. Stop blaming a guy that didn't oversee the exit.

I wonder how many times Trump blamed Obama and company for something?

I was there, multiple times.......you were not. It was documented that they wouldn't fight from the start of the program.

This is on Biden, 100% his own f*ck up. Stop blaming a guy that didn't oversee the exit.

I didn’t. Can you read?

I wonder how many times Trump blamed Obama and company for something?
plenty but we are supposed to be smart enough as a person to recognize bullshit from the truth

I don’t recall anything but if you tell me Specifics I will either agree or disagree on every situation you point out

whether NYCTIGERFAN as he rants on me as being a hypocrite if asked will tell the truth as to my beliefs and NO I did not always find Trump actions agreeable

I will readily acknowledge that there were plenty of issues Trump blamed Obama for

My problem is what Biden is done since taking office and the fingerpointing backwards by Biden

And the unbelievable election interference by Democrats

Any person who has been investigated for 6 years and all they got is a few he said bullshit remarks he said that tells me he is not an angel but the guilty parties are the accusers

DA Alvin Bragg is a total idiot and I hate name calling but after 7 years of investigating a man for paying off a hooker and Bragg cannot even name a felony in the indictment then you are a complete idiotic moron

Sorry for name calling but he is really off the legal reservation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT