ADVERTISEMENT

Full Steam Ahead in Dirty Myrtle

We're staying in Ocean Lakes and it's like a switch was flipped Sunday morning

Saturday was like the 4th of July with the Beach and the parties. Sunday was like a cool September weekend where the weather is perfect and campground seems dead.

I imagine it will be a repeat come this weekend.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
Heading down Thursday for a golf trip. 7 rounds in 4 days will be awesome. Pretty much all amenities are provided so we don’t have to venture out.

Reactions: KingBMich
Was at Litchfield Beach all weekend. It was awesome. Perfect weather Saturday. Windy Sunday but my kids didn't care. Screw anyone starting panic about beaches being open.

I was out on the beach Saturday with my son and some friends of ours from Greenville at their beach house...about 5-6 houses down from the Inn. You and I were probably right next to each other.

I’m assuming the whole coast got assaulted this weekend. Edisto was close to 4th numbers on sat. Lots of folks on bikes wearing masks. Weather was excellent.

Reactions: petegroove
I was out on the beach Saturday with my son and some friends of ours from Greenville at their beach house...about 5-6 houses down from the Inn. You and I were probably right next to each other.
We always go out on Lazy Ln. access. Were out there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But we walked down to the Inn three or four times. I am sure we passed each other. Lol. It was great.

Reactions: acwill07
Potential killjoy here.......It will be telling and it might be a good story. If the beaches fill up with people and there is no spike in Covid deaths the story will be extremely positive and perhaps the end of the Covid panic. On the other hand if there is a spike in deaths in the beach communities or the communities the beach goers call home, that will be a bad story. I would guess it'll take 6-8 weeks to know which way it goes.

Last edited:
I’m assuming the whole coast got assaulted this weekend. Edisto was close to 4th numbers on sat. Lots of folks on bikes wearing masks. Weather was excellent.
Will be at Edisto with extended family in a few weeks, really looking forward to it. We will be taking extra precautions, of course, because our family includes 2 70+ y.o., many healthcare workers, and a research scientist.

All the experts should have proof that shelter in place saves lives. That or all these states prove that it’s was a failed experiment by our central planners.

Reactions: ChiefTiger
Potential killjoy here.......It will be telling and it might be a good story. If the beaches fill up with people and there is no spike in Covid deaths the story will be extremely positive and perhaps the end of the Covid panic. On the other hand if there is a spike in deaths in the beach communities or the communities the beach goers call home. home, that will be a bad story. I would guess it'll take 6-8 weeks to know which way it goes.

Yeah I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the sudden notion that opening up means acting as if there's no danger at all.

Yeah I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the sudden notion that opening up means acting as if there's no danger at all.

People are going to move on with their lives, Larry. Is there a vaccine I don't know about? No, so regardless of when you open up cases are probably going to increase, as is testing.

We aren't going to keep it shut down. All the ones uncomfortable with it are more than welcome to stay inside. A country, state and business is not built to withstand shutdowns.

People are going to move on with their lives, Larry. Is there a vaccine I don't know about? No, so regardless of when you open up cases are probably going to increase, as is testing.

We aren't going to keep it shut down. All the ones uncomfortable with it are more than welcome to stay inside. A country, state and business is not built to withstand shutdowns.

Can you point out where I said we need to keep everything shut down?

Can you point out where I said we need to keep everything shut down?

The sentiment of caution (though warranted in your case, as well as many others) has lost its influence with many, due to so many going overboard with projections/warnings/etc, for so many weeks.

There’s risk in life, doesn’t mean we stop living. Just take wise precautions and enjoy yourself. For instance, driving your car can be dangerous, but you can be smart about it. Own a safe newer vehicle, pay attention to the road, don’t drink and drive, don’t drive tired, don’t be out late on weekend nights, ect.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
The sentiment of caution (though warranted in your case, as well as many others) has lost its influence with many, due to so many going overboard with projections/warnings/etc, for so many weeks.
Yup ...

In my old job represented the Airports Business Unit And evaluated opportunities brought by the sales team. Nearly ever opportunity brought by sales was a “priority 1”, a “must win”, and “strategic”. When everything is critical .... nothing is.

There is a happy medium between "keep everything shut down" and "take no precautions whatsoever". Maybe y'all could understand that maybe some precautions might still be warranted considering we are barreling towards 100,000 deaths nationally at a pretty steady pace.

Those people act like it's frickin' V/E Day. Calm yourselves. Nobody said everyone should stay locked inside forever. Nobody wants that.

--Mr. DT

There is a happy medium between "keep everything shut down" and "take no precautions whatsoever". Maybe y'all could understand that maybe some precautions might still be warranted considering we are barreling towards 100,000 deaths nationally at a pretty steady pace.

Those people act like it's frickin' V/E Day. Calm yourselves. Nobody said everyone should stay locked inside forever. Nobody wants that.

--Mr. DT

Those crying biggest baddest wolf in the beginning, have only themselves to blame if the expeditious return to normal creates more issues.

Reactions: Earle36
Potential killjoy here.......It will be telling and it might be a good story. If the beaches fill up with people and there is no spike in Covid deaths the story will be extremely positive and perhaps the end of the Covid panic. On the other hand if there is a spike in deaths in the beach communities or the communities the beach goers call home. home, that will be a bad story. I would guess it'll take 6-8 weeks to know which way it goes.
An experiment that has to be done, I guess.

--Mr. DT

Yes.

Reactions: max81

In the wake of seemingly bad projections, people can still use their brains.

Down in Edisto now. Saturday was a large number of people. Yesterday, not so much, but typical in/out Sunday. Golf course immaculate shape and weather excellent yesterday, albeit a little windy. Grocery was practicing limited occupancy, which was actually a delight, if you know how that store can get! Outdoor dining at Presley's tonight so we will see how that goes.

Reactions: ArmchairTiger

--Mr. DT
I’m just gonna say .... anyone who thinks a good idea to twerk in traffic, would probably do so regardless if there was a reopening from a Pandemic or not. Trashy people don’t need an excuse to be trashy.

I haven’t been to Myrtle Beach in 25 years ... but does the city allow golf carts on public roads AND then allow for golf cart rentals? If so ..... is Myrtle Beach the stupidest worst ran Beach town on the east coast?

S.M.D.H...…...…………….

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Down in Edisto now. Saturday was a large number of people. Yesterday, not so much, but typical in/out Sunday. Golf course immaculate shape and weather excellent yesterday, albeit a little windy. Grocery was practicing limited occupancy, which was actually a delight, if you know how that store can get! Outdoor dining at Presley's tonight so we will see how that goes.

I played at Edisto yesterday too. It's in great shape.

Reactions: moradatiger70
I’m just gonna say .... anyone who thinks a good idea to twerk in traffic, would probably do so regardless if there was a reopening from a Pandemic or not. Trashy people don’t need an excuse to be trashy.

I haven’t been to Myrtle Beach in 25 years ... but does the city allow golf carts on public roads AND then allow for golf cart rentals? If so ..... is Myrtle Beach the stupidest worst ran Beach town on the east coast?

IT'S TIME FOR AMERICA TO GET BACK TO TWERK.

:)

Was at Litchfield Beach all weekend. It was awesome. Perfect weather Saturday. Windy Sunday but my kids didn't care. Screw anyone starting panic about beaches being open.
Where in Litchfield? I was down there about two weeks ago. Stayed at litchfield by the sea. Looking for other litchfield properties (condo) hotel type places dont need a big house. Just two of us going

IT'S TIME FOR AMERICA TO GET BACK TO TWERK.

:)

oh man .....

200.gif

I'm struggling to wrap my brain around there actually being a sudden notion like what you are describing for most. I was at the beach all weekend. At a couple separate restaurants. At the grocery store three times.

I didn't see anyone the was out of line or acting like it was "nothing". Some had masks. Some didn't. But everyone kept their distance and were more polite than normal.

Because some idiots in the Idiot Heaven of The South are out twerking in the streets doesn't mean this "sudden notion" exists iyam. And I am not attacking you btw, just pointing out where I think you are getting a little backlash here.

Where in Litchfield? I was down there about two weeks ago. Stayed at litchfield by the sea. Looking for other litchfield properties (condo) hotel type places dont need a big house. Just two of us going
My parents have a place down there. It's in Pawley's Pavillion, a condo complex on the other side of 17. We generally use the public access across from Lazy Lane. Have grown to really love that place!

As for what you are looking for... I think you were at the right spot. Not many places like that in that area other than LBTS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT