ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Gov ups his Corona game...

Ok. But you called his post where he INCORRECTLY cited false numbers a "great post".

Don't worry...we know this is how you roll. You get all excited about the slightest bit of anecdotal info that seems to fit your agenda. Then you run over here to share and praise it before ever asking yourself if it was true.

You. Are. A. Fool.
And you sir are worse than a fool. You don’t have the ability or willingness to even think about the possibility that we are all being played for fools by the ones that are supposed to help us. You cannot comprehend that the love of money is the root of all evil. That once you have enough money a person now needs to fill that void with power and greed. And the fact that evil people do exist in this world who would like nothing more than to see you and I dead. It exists even if you deny even the possibility. Carry on

I live close to The City of Greenville. The governor has already stated he will not and cannot mandate a law to require wearing a mask. That it has no legal basis and cannot be enforced. If he had mandated it, I would not wear one. And I was in the city for dinner and other activities for 4 hours last Friday. I never even brought a mask with me and very few people had one.
Legal basis? Pretty sure thats not true at all.https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance
I've gone out to eat in Charlotte, wore a mask, took it off when I sat down and ate not a big deal. Why do people oppose steps that will allow us to bet back to normal life sooner rather than later? I just don't understand the state of mind that thinks they are somehow fighting big government while supporting a big state government passing laws to infringe on the rights of business owners. Thats ok if they do it in a way that shows they support your color politics. If you have objective reasoning for your opposition Im interested.

Reactions: CU91ENGR
What does it say about he CDC that they said Mask could increase the likelihood of healthy people getting coronavirus just 2 months ago? During this same time we were told shelter-in-place would flatten the curve without any scientific evidence to support it:

Fast forward to today. The CDC now says the US could get coronavirus under control in one or two months if everyone wears a mask. What do you think changed between now and then? Also, does this mean the CDC is now admitting the non science based approach of shelter-in-place was wrong?

The CDC has been wrong on everything, but yet people come here and claim they are using science. There was no science to support shelter in place. And apparently there was no science to support face mask 2 months ago...

Running out of mask for medical staff isn’t relevant if mask are the cure. No one in hospital if they are all saved because of mask... the World Health Organization also came out and said that asymptomatic carriers “RARELY” spread the virus. (Ends the need for mask) They then came back and said it was a bad choice of words and that a lot actually can spread it.

I don’t understand how anyone educated can blindly ignore all the contradictions from the experts. This whole mess has been another great example of the failures due to central planning.
Are you not familiar with the fact that its a novel virus. It's new, and our understanding of it changes based on the data aquired and studied. These aren't contradictions, they are revelations. Why do people HATE science now? lol you literally have no understanding of how true knowledge is formed within the confines of the scientific process. What are leaders in the medical community supposed to do ? NOT MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR FEAR OF HAVING TO CONTRADICT THEMSELVES LATER? This is so exhausting watching people dismiss sound advice over such a silly thing.

Are you not familiar with the fact that its a novel virus. It's new, and our understanding of it changes based on the data aquired and studied. These aren't contradictions, they are revelations. Why do people HATE science now? lol you literally have no understanding of how true knowledge is formed within the confines of the scientific process. What are leaders in the medical community supposed to do ? NOT MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR FEAR OF HAVING TO CONTRADICT THEMSELVES LATER? This is so exhausting watching people dismiss sound advice over such a silly thing.

So this virus is nothing like any virus we have seen before?

"There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies program, said at a media briefing in Geneva, Switzerland, on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

"There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit. In fact, there's some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly," Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies program, said at a media briefing in Geneva, Switzerland, on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/world/coronavirus-who-masks-recommendation-trnd/index.html

Nothing like any virus? What?
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200608/who-changes-stance-says-public-should-wear-masks
I'm betting you don't work in immunology. Seriously, what is the problem here? This isn't political, the same organization you have quoted, changed their stance. So why believe them before they had more data rather than now when they have more data? Lizard people?

Reactions: TigerTC

In late February, at the early stage of the U.S. outbreak, Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams implored Americans not to stockpile masks, saying they are not effective in preventing the general public from catching the disease and need to be saved for healthcare workers on the front lines. Along with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Adams encouraged the public to instead wash their hands often and thoroughly. In March, 88% of Americans said hand-washing is more effective than wearing surgical masks, with most of the rest (11%) saying they were equally effective.

But on April 3, the CDC reversed course on its face mask guidelines, following growing evidence that presymptomatic and asymptomatic carriers could transmit the virus more readily than previously thought. The new recommendation called for the use of masks or cloth face coverings for Americans when they are in public and unable to follow social distancing guidelines in order to prevent the spread to others, including from unknowingly infected carriers.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/310400/new-april-guidelines-boost-perceived-efficacy-face-masks.aspx

Reactions: CU91ENGR
We should all shutdown again and not go anywhere. Wear a mask at home for 4-6 weeks and let this thing go away so we can have our sports again.

Otherwise, No Sports and No Election.

Legal basis? Pretty sure thats not true at all.https://www.history.com/news/1918-spanish-flu-mask-wearing-resistance
I've gone out to eat in Charlotte, wore a mask, took it off when I sat down and ate not a big deal. Why do people oppose steps that will allow us to bet back to normal life sooner rather than later? I just don't understand the state of mind that thinks they are somehow fighting big government while supporting a big state government passing laws to infringe on the rights of business owners. Thats ok if they do it in a way that shows they support your color politics. If you have objective reasoning for your opposition Im interested.
The SC governor stated it has no legal basis and cannot be enforced. I’m simply at a point that I don’t believe anything regarding masks if for no other reason the story constantly changes. When all this first started I asked my wife why wouldn’t they ask people to wear masks? Two months passed before it was even mentioned. Then somehow it became a political game. Then it was it works, but not for preventing one from getting it rather to keep one from spreading it. That didn’t make much sense. Now we see that evidence suggests they might work or don’t work and shouldn’t be worn. I wore one in the beginning. But when I walk around and see 90% of people not wearing one I don’t see the point if the above is true in regards to getting it versus transmitting it.

I’m torn on the individual business side. I think a business has the right to ask for things and if people don’t agree with it they can go elsewhere. But at the same time where do we draw the line? The age old issue is when a little is given all is taken.

Nothing like any virus? What?
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200608/who-changes-stance-says-public-should-wear-masks
I'm betting you don't work in immunology. Seriously, what is the problem here? This isn't political, the same organization you have quoted, changed their stance. So why believe them before they had more data rather than now when they have more data? Lizard people?

I get science is always changing. That’s why it’s funny hearing people like you blindly conform to whatever the new word is.

I actually assume mask do help. I thought that even when the experts said it didn’t. The science never changed, this coronavirus isn’t unique to other viruses, but it is new.

I’m curious to what your view of shelter in place. Considering there was no science to support this view.

In late February, at the early stage of the U.S. outbreak, Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams implored Americans not to stockpile masks, saying they are not effective in preventing the general public from catching the disease and need to be saved for healthcare workers on the front lines. Along with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Adams encouraged the public to instead wash their hands often and thoroughly. In March, 88% of Americans said hand-washing is more effective than wearing surgical masks, with most of the rest (11%) saying they were equally effective.

But on April 3, the CDC reversed course on its face mask guidelines, following growing evidence that presymptomatic and asymptomatic carriers could transmit the virus more readily than previously thought. The new recommendation called for the use of masks or cloth face coverings for Americans when they are in public and unable to follow social distancing guidelines in order to prevent the spread to others, including from unknowingly infected carriers.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/310400/new-april-guidelines-boost-perceived-efficacy-face-masks.aspx

yes. It’s a great example of central planners failing to account for every factor and people dying because of it. They could have easily said any cloth is fine like they are saying now, but didn’t.

Instead we decided to try out a science experiment and shelter in place without any science to support it. Now I’m the “crazy” one because I question the experts that have been wrong since the behind.

NY is doing much better today because they didn’t get a handle on their virus. I’d much rather have the virus come in and leave. I tend to think letting a virus linger around for a whole year is a terrible option.

Maybe after a few people on here get laid off they will realize there are more cost to decisions than the experts realize.

The primary purpose of my wearing a mask is to prevent me from spreading it other other people who then may spread it to other people, etc. It's about having consideration for other people and their health. I don't understand why some are being so dense on this topic. Again, this is a lay up. Doesn't have to devolve into some grand conspiracy to deprive you of your freedoms or whatever you've made this up to be.

ive already had it, I’m not contagious anymore. Why do I need to wear a mask?

I can literally stand beside you all day without a mask and you’ll never get covid-19 from me.

The top # is your pulse. It's not a percentage.

The bottom # is your oxygen percentage. 94% is good.

Good catch. Like I said, the people fighting the masks are the ones who have to be reminded not to eat the silica packets.

lmao you have 94% oxygen content not 68 ! lolololol

See my other post. It’s clear in the picture his oxygen level is 94% and his heart rate is 68.

I don't know man, maybe you should stay home more. This has to be a hard world to navigate for you.

UPDATED

Sorry I posted wrong picture lol guess I was triggered

30 minutes after walk with mask still on
3535-A34-B-B6-A8-4-E10-8270-7-B1-EF7-B013-A8.jpg

2 minutes after taking mask off
76840-E6-D-DB91-48-D0-A8-A5-AC074-D48-D8-D7.jpg

Mask on restiing for 30 minutes after a 30 minute walk. It’s 88! I take mask off and back to nineties in two minutes. I don’t stay home. I’m going about normal life as I’m not worried about the common cold either. To all you arrogant dumbasses enjoy your crow. I however have an excuse as I didn’t sleep last night.

Update 2
Just one thumbs up (much respect @AustinTiger77), no reply’s and a bunch of crickets! Y’all sure did jump on my original post fast!

Last edited:
Is it unconstitutional though? Is mandating that people have on shirts and shoes to enter establishments unconstitutional? I genuinely don't know bc I don't know the ins and outs of the constitution but curious as to why you think it most definitely is unconstitutional when there are a variety of other laws that mandate what we can and can't do but they are unconstitutional.
The "shirt and shoes" requirement is not related to the mask issue. One is required by a private business, the other by the government with no regard for the wishes of the private business. I am not saying it is or is not constitutional, but one has nothing to do with the other.

It's WAY up there near the top, for sure. I agree with you.

I have a sister in London and a cousin in Berlin. Berlin has all but eliminated the COVID issue. I get that Germany is much smaller than us as a country and all that. I get it. But, despite the fact that they've all but eliminated it, everyone still wears a mask when they go out. Imagine that..... We are the only country in the western world that is raising hell about mask wearing and it's insane.

We require people to wear shoes when they go into stores, and no one says a word about that. No one has a problem with it. It makes perfect sense to all. No one wants mine, or anyone's nasty dirty feet all over the floor in a public place. But we ask someone to wear a mask when they go into the CVS for 5 minutes and you'd think we're asking for a first born child.

We were worried the last few days that our 18 month old may have COVID. She's had a 103 temp for two days (Mon & Tues) and tested negative for strep, and a few other things. So we did the drive through to get her tested two days ago. Got the results back today that she was negative for COVID and her fever has gone, thank goodness. But, I haven't gone anywhere for the last few days because if she had it, I likely would have had it. And the idea that I go to a store, or anywhere for that matter, and give it to someone else that could die from it is unthinkable to me. I couldn't dream of being indifferent about that.

But the idea that masks do nothing is just ridiculous. If a grocery store had 100 people in it and ALL were wearing masks, you're telling me that the capability of transmission, etc would be no different than if that same store had the same 100 people and NONE were wearing masks? That's ridiculous. Sorry.

Regardless of what side we are all on on this, I bet everyone on this site teaches/taught their kids to cover their mouths when they cough. Why have we done that all these years and generations? Many reasons....It's common courtesy, it prevents your spit and saliva from exploding out into the air around you, and it's an effort to at least "try" to limit what you're projecting out there. It just makes sense and we all do this.

I just don't understand how this mask situation is any different. And to be clear, I'm not saying we have to wear masks in all situations (even when outside, etc). i just don't see why it's a big deal for 5-10 minutes in a grocery store, etc if it increases the chances of helping to protect just one other soul out there.

For Trump to say "science shouldn't get in the way of this" is laughable at best.

I've seen some dumb stuff the last few years. This is up there.

Perhaps. But regardless of who mandates the "shirts and shoes" rule, no one questions it. Why is that? Because it makes sense to not walk my dirty feet all over anyone elses floor. So it may not be related in terms of how it's mandated but it is absolutely related in that the reason it's accepted is because it makes sense and the masses don't question it.

The "shirt and shoes" requirement is not related to the mask issue. One is required by a private business, the other by the government with no regard for the wishes of the private business. I am not saying it is or is not constitutional, but one has nothing to do with the other.

UPDATED

Sorry I posted wrong picture lol guess I was triggered

30 minutes after walk with mask still on
3535-A34-B-B6-A8-4-E10-8270-7-B1-EF7-B013-A8.jpg

2 minutes after taking mask off
76840-E6-D-DB91-48-D0-A8-A5-AC074-D48-D8-D7.jpg

Mask on restiing for 30 minutes after a 30 minute walk. It’s 88! I take mask off and back to nineties in two minutes. I don’t stay home. I’m going about normal life as I’m not worried about the common cold either. To all you arrogant dumbasses enjoy your crow. I however have an excuse as I didn’t sleep last night.

Update 2
Just one thumbs up (much respect @AustinTiger77), no reply’s and a bunch of crickets! Y’all sure did jump on my original post fast!

Update 2

Update 2

Ok, I'll bite since you clearly need some attention.

You claimed you had 68% blood oxygen levels. That is a fact. I will "eat crow" when you produce a picture of that reading.

So, are we listening to the WHO now or not? When it fits Trump's agenda to say they're criminals, we don't listen. But when their comments fit the narrative of your mask agenda, we do listen to them?

ive already had it, I’m not contagious anymore. Why do I need to wear a mask?

I can literally stand beside you all day without a mask and you’ll never get covid-19 from me.
And you know this, how? There is no reports yet that have proven that you cannot catch it again. If fact, several reports have found that the antibodies don't last longer than 3 months.

ADVERTISEMENT