ADVERTISEMENT

Giants pitcher Sam Coonrod

Coonrad was a nobody until he dealt in Augusta and went from unranked to top 15 prospect in their farm system

Because that’s what playing the national anthem before a sporting event does for you?

if that’s the case why don’t they play it before your job every day?
I’ve heard this argument more and more lately and it’s completely apples to oranges. Sports aren’t an everyday job. Do thousands of people pay a lot of money and take hours out of their day to watch you work?

I’ve heard this argument more and more lately and it’s completely apples to oranges. Sports aren’t an everyday job. Do thousands of people pay a lot of money and take hours out of their day to watch you work?
So people paying a lot of money Is the prerequisite to play it before a job?

Why is it weird???
Because it’s literally never done before anyone else’s job except government employees.

hell the government paid professional leagues millions of dollars to show it ok tv for the first time on a regular basis in 2009 as a way to recruit people to join the armed services.

No, I didn’t say that. Just pointing out some differences between sports and your job. A sporting event is not the same as clocking in as a CPA, mechanic, insurance adjuster, garbage man, etc.
I mean I get the differences. Doesn’t mean there is a good reason it’s played then. So we can show how patriotic we are before a ball game? Is that the only way how? It seems it’s the only way people care, or at least care the most. Which seems odd as well.

Its funny that JRE actually exposed the bad intentions and misinformation surrounding this debate.

Coonrod is what some of my buddies used to bring to school after they went hunting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT