ADVERTISEMENT

Griner released from Russia

Don’t get me wrong, I think it sucks for those still there, but you all realize this wasn’t the crowd choosing some criminal over Jesus Christ. You trade for what you are offered. Now a “no trade” would be an option, but not a “no I want the Marine. “

Reactions: AndersonTiger85
Do some of you dumbasses realize that if they could have gotten both, they would have? You make the deal you can get, and keep working on the other.
Well this deal should have started with the Marine first.
If Russia wanted to throw her in the deal...great!

Reactions: Jjh7
I want the US government to turn over every stone to get Americans home in these situations, regardless of party in power or the American abroad’s political views.

However, I’ve had hard time feeling too much sympathy for her. You took cannabis in to freaking Russia, one of the most adversarial countries to the US where it is strictly outlawed.

I believe strongly in human rights, believe strongly in cannabis legalization, and believe strongly in common sense. That’s just idiotic. And you’re a public figure, of course with all the added context Russia is going to make a dog and pony show out of you. Just stupid.

You never give up a shooter for a big. Absolutely terrible trade.
band-of-misfits-monkey.gif

Shouldn't have given up anyone.

"Hey Vladmir, I have a contract here for 10,000 rounds of HIMARS ammunition. Send her and the Marine home now or your friends in Ukraine are about to get a big gift."

Done deal.

...that's what I said.

But other countires apparently do consider it a big deal, and people should be aware of things like that when they are in an adversarial country.
I don't think it's a huge deal in Russia - they knew who she was and played their hand well. But, yeah, don't take illegal things to countries that hate ours

makes my blood boil seeing this idiot brought back while we leave a fkn marine over there. blah blah blah he wasn't on table yea good point then what the fuk were we doing at that table?? offering an arms dealer when they won't discuss a marine? this is legitimately a national disgrace. you left a marine sitting in a russian prison but offered up a guy known as the god of war for headlines, twitter clout, and someone who hates this country. you gotta be a special brand of shtbag to even consider making this deal. not to mention i hear a lot of russia is on the verge of collapse and putin is weak / in hiding / dying...great...so wtf is he doing telling the potus how things are gonna be? disgraceful. gutless. all that matters is twitter clout to these clowns in charge. the adults.

wonder if joe shows his face at army navy this weekend. that would certainly be a warm reception

makes my blood boil seeing this idiot brought back while we leave a fkn marine over there. blah blah blah he wasn't on table yea good point then what the fuk were we doing at that table?? offering an arms dealer when they won't discuss a marine? this is legitimately a national disgrace. you left a marine sitting in a russian prison but offered up a guy known as the god of war for headlines, twitter clout, and someone who hates this country. you gotta be a special brand of shtbag to even consider making this deal. not to mention i hear a lot of russia is on the verge of collapse and putin is weak / in hiding / dying...great...so wtf is he doing telling the potus how things are gonna be? disgraceful. gutless. all that matters is twitter clout to these clowns in charge. the adults.

wonder if joe shows his face at army navy this weekend. that would certainly be a warm reception
The wokification of our military by its “commander in chief” may be one of the saddest legacies of a very pathetic presidency.

Reactions: Jjh7
The wokification of our military by its “commander in chief” may be one of the saddest legacies of a very pathetic presidency.

honestly feel like its as much that as the military industrial complex ike warned of. we have two military's in a sense, we got the boots on the ground you want next to you in a foxhole and we got the needledick dc generals and pentagon officials. these dbags have seen their numbers and influence balloon...and yea they have no problem shoving the woke messaging down the line. they've always existed though, as patton said "no good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." what a legend that guy was, would literally lay on the hoods of vehicles and fire his pistol at bombers flying directly over him. tough bastard and one hell of a wordsmith...quotes for days. good book too. should make that required reading

Do some of you dumbasses realize that if they could have gotten both, they would have? You make the deal you can get, and keep working on the other.
Do you think that if we were willing to give up the god of war say 2 years ago, they would have given Whelan back? We weren't willing to swap until Griner.........

Reactions: DandyDozen12
Don’t get me wrong, I think it sucks for those still there, but you all realize this wasn’t the crowd choosing some criminal over Jesus Christ. You trade for what you are offered. Now a “no trade” would be an option, but not a “no I want the Marine. “
Negotiations #101 - don't accept the first offer unless it is favorable to you.

Biden's team took this offer because Griner meets Biden's political needs. His values are evident....politics over military 🪖.

The Russians now see what we will give up to free, let’s be honest, a nobody. What do you think they will demand for a Marine?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT