ADVERTISEMENT

Has Pentagon depleted own stocks by sending Javelin missiles to Ukraine?

Peace through strength. In the end, Ukraine is not part of the United States and not part of Nato, so I would not have recommended any action and thats with Biden or Trump running the show. I am sure you know about the proxy war going on in Ukraine, Syria and the like. US has been poking the Russians for a long time and Putin has drawn his lines in the sand.
Sure, so Russia gets a de facto veto over who joins NATO or not by threat of invasion? That's not strength. Putin can whine all he wants to. Why should we acquiesce to his demands? They're the weaker power. They don't set the terms. We'll put missiles and air defense where we want in the region. Squeezing the Russian military in Eastern European to the point where it can't breath outside of its own borders is in our interest as it pertains to a future pivot towards the larger threat posed by the Chinese. On the Chinese point I assume we are agreed.

Interesting how you don't directly comment on Russia being a geopolitical enemy of the US. Guess being in bed with Syria, Iran, and China, threatening to nuke us and/or Western European nations on state media, widespread campaigns of state sponsored hacking and espionage (for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program), regularly buzzing our aircraft, violating the INF treaty, and a long list of other patently antagonistic acts aren't enough for you.

I should give Trump credit for his consistency in not intervening in the Vietnam war, though.

Last edited:
Sure, so Russia gets a de facto veto over who joins NATO or not by threat of invasion? That's not strength. Putin can whine all he wants to. Why should we acquiesce to his demands? They're the weaker power. They don't set the terms. We'll put missiles and air defense where we want in the region. Squeezing the Russian military in Eastern European to the point where it can't breath outside of its own borders is in our interest as it pertains to a future pivot towards the larger threat posed by the Chinese. On the Chinese point I assume we are agreed.

Interesting how you don't directly comment on Russia being a geopolitical enemy of the US. Guess being in bed with Syria, Iran, and China, threatening to nuke us and/or Western European nations on state media, widespread campaigns of state sponsored hacking and espionage (for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program), regularly buzzing our aircraft, violating the INF treaty, and a long list of other patently antagonistic acts aren't enough for you.

I should give Trump credit for his consistency in not intervening in the Vietnam war, though.
I agree on Russia and China being geo political adversaries of the US, but Russia grabbing a small chunk of Ukraine is not going to hamstring the US at all. Most of our current issues are self inflicted due embargo of Russian oil and ag products. This Russian Ukrainian situation is a lot more complex than being portrayed on TV. The US has its sphere of power and should stay within that sphere is my opinion and I understand that a lot will disagree with it. Once again...no vital US National Security Interest being pushed on at all by the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

Since you are all gung ho on US National Security,,,,are you even concerned at all for the current disaster at our own Southern Border with the cluster f**K it is and the fact that China Joe and his insane marxist handlers have directly willingly created this mess?

Dude, at about $250k a piece, Javelin's are cheap. Raytheon will be happy to crank out more. What's more, most weapons have a shelf life. The Javelin's is 10 years. The electronics have to be tested and believe it or not, they components break even in storage. The explosive in the warhead can become unstable. And the propellant is often corrosive. The the missiles will be retired at some point.

We'll just buy more. Invest in Raytheon stock.
I suspect that we also want to know how they will work against front-line Russian stuff.

Reactions: yoshi121374
How? We are watching one of our very few global rivals destroy their military, destroy their economy, expose their ineptitude, expose their horrible culture, lose global trading partners, destroy credibility and generally just fvck themselves in a way that will take decades to overcome, if it ever happens.

Glory to Ukraine.
I think one thing we are learning is that Russia is not the global rival we thought they were, militarily.

Invading someone else's home turf is hard. History is full of examples (American Revolution, American Civil War, Vietnam, Russia in Afghanistan), But if Russia was even borderline competent at this war stuff, they would have done it by now.

Last edited:
Yep, what Russia needed is more land, massive capital outflow, and its military to get crippled fighting a smaller peer while NATO adds Finland and Sweden. Real genius move from Putin. Russia's GDP is smaller than that of several US states and has contracted over the past decade.

There is literally no pleasing you Trump sycophants. Biden doesn't do enough, he's weak and inept. Biden does too much, it's not necessary, a waste of money, and some conspiratorial distraction from other problems. You live in a country with historically unprecedented wealth and security.
Doesn't this have something to do with access to the Black Sea? I know one major Russian problem is they don't have many ports that can be open year round. Especially on the European side.

But then again - Russia has territory along the Black Sea right beside Ukraine. So I dunno. Maybe that was just a theory.

Last edited:
I think one thing we are learning is that Russia is not the global rival we thought they were, militarily.

Invading someone else's home turf is hard. History is full of examples (American Revolution, American Civil War, Vietnam, Russia in Afghanistan), But if Russia was even borderline competent at this war stuff, they would have done it by now.
who would think outspending the rest of the developed world combined on our military since 1945 would do something like that for us. if we can't kill them before they have time to blink we're not strong enough militarily.

leads to a prosperous america like back in the good old days. no matter how you slice it, this is good government spending.

who would think outspending the rest of the developed world combined on our military since 1945 would do something like that for us. if we can't kill them before they have time to blink we're not strong enough militarily.

leads to a prosperous america like back in the good old days. no matter how you slice it, this is good government spending.
It’s not about us. Not completely.

Throughout their history, Russia’s military has never been particularly good. Had it not been for the Russian Winter, they would probably be speaking German now.

Throughout their history, Russia’s military has never been particularly good. Had it not been for the Russian Winter, they would probably be speaking German now.
I agree about Russia. Belarus is the real threat.

Doesn't this have something to do with access to the Black Sea? I know one major Russian problem is they don't have many ports that can be open year round. Especially on the European side.

But then again - Russia has territory along the Black Sea right beside Ukraine. So I dunno. Maybe that was just a theory.
They want a land bridge to Crimea.

They are a huge area, horrible winter, gas, and a shit ton of people. About the only things they have going for them.

They are a huge area, horrible winter, gas, and a shit ton of people. About the only things they have going for them.
I looked it up and they are 9th in population in the world. Between Mexico and Bangladesh.

That's a lot of people but it's less than I expected. I think because most of the area between the Urals and the Pacific Coast is pretty empty.

But that damn Russian winter makes them a bitch to invade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT