ADVERTISEMENT

Has your party shifted so much that you feel abandoned?

I’d push back on the idea that Bill Clinton couldn’t win today because Obama, Biden, and obviously Hillary all have very similar political philosophies. Some tweaks would need to be made, but by and large his policy stances aren’t wildly different than Biden’s are today.

I don't know. Clinton's Work for Welfare policy would be DOA in today's democrat party. Heck, even when you listen to Obama/Biden first term positions, they seem far removed from today's stances.

I can't disagree about the Republican lunacy. The personalities, unprofessionalism and idiotic policy positions like not allowing rape victims access to abortion are repelling voters.

To the theme of the thread, yes, I feel abandoned. I would say the moment I pulled the wool from my eyes and realized the GOP was mostly dogshit was when they had control over all branches and after years of bitching about Obamacare, they had exactly zero useful alternatives to offer.

So here I am forced to vote the lesser of two evils.

I don't know. Clinton's Work for Welfare policy would be DOA in today's democrat party. Heck, even when you listen to Obama/Biden first term positions, they seem far removed from today's stances.

I can't disagree about the Republican lunacy. The personalities, unprofessionalism and idiotic policy positions like not allowing rape victims access to abortion are repelling voters.

To the theme of the thread, yes, I feel abandoned. I would say the moment I pulled the wool from my eyes and realized the GOP was mostly dogshit was when they had control over all branches and after years of bitching about Obamacare, they had exactly zero useful alternatives to offer.

And don't forget the border. They had all chambers for two years while illegal immigration was rising from Obama era levels and did nothing.

I’m not sure as much has changed as you might think. Clinton was viewed as a centrist even in 1992. I don’t think he would sign DOMA today, and certainly support for that would be a non starter for almost all Democrats, including me. But no one on the left has ever mistaken Clinton for a far left liberal. He was pro-choice, increased taxes on the wealthy, and pushed gun control legislation. These would be winning issues in any era for Democrats.

W. Bush was skewered by Republicans for his immigration stance, and you’ll remember he pushed hard for it and got nowhere with it with Republicans in congress.

To me what has changed is the extremist wings of the parties have actually been elected to important positions (esp on the right), the disagreements have gotten much louder and more hostile (instead of “your policy idea is wrong” we get “you’re a pedophile”), and the campaigning/fundraising never stops. This has been true for a while in the house, but now it’s hitting the Senate which was designed specifically to avoid constant campaigning and low turnover with 6 year terms. The 2028 Presidential race will begin on 11/6/2024. There’s just never a time where legislators are actually just governing rather than constantly trying to raise money and improve their chances for re-election.
I do not have the same recollection of Clinton. He is very liberal and did some bad stuff the first two years of his first term that resulted in Newt Gingrich and his contract with America where the Republicans took congress for the first time in 40 years. Now Clinton is very smart and he got the message and started working with Republicans and moved to the center which ended earning him a second term.

This. Trump can never again be the president of this great nation.
You and I agree 100% on this!!! I can't believe people are ok with what he did while in office, especially after he lost the election. If some of these Trumpers would have watched the last impeachment trial where republican after republican who served under Donald Trump told the story of his actions before, during, and after the election perhaps they would have a different opinion. The problem is that they don't look at any news that might be somewhat objective. They watch what they want to hear rather than hearing the truth. Benedict Donald is a threat to our democracy.

Last edited:
And don't forget the border. They had all chambers for two years while illegal immigration was rising from Obama era levels and did nothing.
Glad Biden in his first 2 years with all chambers closed the border. Boy, he really did great.
Keep spouting that bullshit and maybe you'll start believing it.

Glad Biden in his first 2 years with all chambers closed the border. Boy, he really did great.
Keep spouting that bullshit and maybe you'll start believing it.

What exactly about what I said is bullshit? It is a fact. The republicans run on immigration but did not take the opportunity that had to fix it.

Your feelings don’t count.

You and I agree 100% on this!!! I can't believe people are ok with what he did while in office, especially after he lost the election. If some of these Trumpers would have watched the last impeachment trial where republican after republican who served under Donald Trump told the story of his actions before, during, and after the election perhaps they would have a different opinion. The problem is that they don't look at any news that might be somewhat objective. They watch what they want to hear rather than hearing the truth. Benedict Donald is a threat to our democracy.
Far behind the threat and danger Joe Biden the worst Chinese spy and traitor in American history or will be recorded as such

Career politicians are pieces of sh!t. People who vote straight ticket every election are pieces of sh!t. Blind devotion or allegiance to anything is borderline psychotic.

I'm still waiting for the evidence that the election was stolen in 2020. I mean how many courts and how many state recounts have to be done to satisfy the idiots?
@TigerGrowls has a running list of conspiracies old and new that he continually rotates on a daily basis in other threads. Must be in the hundreds by now but of course they never make it to court or when they do, they find out there's no evidence, lol.

@TigerGrowls has a running list of conspiracies old and new that he continually rotates on a daily basis in other threads. Must be in the hundreds by now but of course they never make it to court or when they do, they find out there's no evidence, lol.

I'll never understand it. trump has claimed that every election he has run in - even the ONE that he won - was rigged against him. He even claimed the Emmy's were rigged when the apprentice did not win.

He offers no evidence, and his cronies like guiliani have even admitted under oath that they had no evidence other than random facebook posts.

And yet, so many dolts still think it is true.

I'll never understand it. trump has claimed that every election he has run in - even the ONE that he won - was rigged against him. He even claimed the Emmy's were rigged when the apprentice did not win.

He offers no evidence, and his cronies like guiliani have even admitted under oath that they had no evidence other than random facebook posts.

And yet, so many dolts still think it is true.
He also claims that ballots that had all Republicans winning down ticket were rigged against him and Growls believes that too, despite the complexity and impossibility of it.

Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

He also claims that ballots that had all Republicans winning down ticket were rigged against him and Growls believes that too, despite the complexity and impossibility of it.
It not complex alfalfa. They had tens of thousands of mail in ballots and were in such a hurry they only filled out the choice for potus. Quit being simple.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73

I think when you’re fundamentally committed to the idea that big government is flawed and not going to work anyway, you have no incentive to offer a positive solution to anything.

To me, the GOP is opposed to the very idea that the Federal government can and should work well. In that regard, they’re plainly not acting in good faith. It doesn’t matter what the other side does. They’ll throw a wrench in it and then complain about it not working

Reactions: WapPride and dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT