ADVERTISEMENT

Have no words Perry Noble

I’m not a big a Perry fan, but I try and not to be too judgemental. Especially to the godless liberals. They’re hard to love, but I do and pray for them at times.

Serious Q: Let's say that I am godless and a liberal (I am not either one, but still), yet I am a nice person, pay my taxes, give to the United Way, never been convicted of anything, raise foster kids on occasion and even volunteer regularly at the local animal shelter and soup kitchen....Would you still dislike a person like that just because he/she has liberal views?

The Bible is full of murderous and adulterous figures, many of whom walked close with God. Moses and David come to mind.

I guess that makes it okay to murder or cheat on your wife since it is in the Bible and Godly men committed those acts.

His rational is scary.

I could point to many places where God talks about a filthy mouth and to avoid it.

Lastly, I do not trust Perry's interpretation of Greek or Latin as to its translation today.
I have no opinion on Perry Noble whatsoever....the only way I even know his name or who he is is thru the comments about him on this site....I've never taken the time to find out what he's about. I only replied to say that anyone can find the true meanings of the words in the Bible from a very big book called 'Strong's Concordance'. Every word used in the Bible (KJV) is in that big book, in every place it used in scripture. It's easy to use, and honestly, it will open your mind and shed some new light on what some of those words actually mean. It's invaluable as a study tool. BTW, not to sound like a jerk, but Old Testament=Hebrew, New Testament=Greek. No Latin involved.

I have no opinion on Perry Noble whatsoever....the only way I even know his name or who he is is thru the comments about him on this site....I've never taken the time to find out what he's about. I only replied to say that anyone can find the true meanings of the words in the Bible from a very big book called 'Strong's Concordance'. Every word used in the Bible (KJV) is in that big book, in every place it used in scripture. It's easy to use, and honestly, it will open your mind and shed some new light on what some of those words actually mean. It's invaluable as a study tool. BTW, not to sound like a jerk, but Old Testament=Hebrew, New Testament=Greek. No Latin involved.

Thanks man. Looks interesting. I will definitely check it.

Serious Q: Let's say that I am godless and a liberal (I am not either one, but still), yet I am a nice person, pay my taxes, give to the United Way, never been convicted of anything, raise foster kids on occasion and even volunteer regularly at the local animal shelter and soup kitchen....Would you still dislike a person like that just because he/she has liberal views?
I know there are some good Christians that are left. The extreme ones, seem like they’re doing the devils work. Just my opinion. Personally, I’m an independent that leans right. Not a big fan of establishment republicans either.

That's where we will agree to disagree. Any response that offers your opinion on the topic lets the other posters know where you stand/ how you feel about a particular subject. After all, this is a message/ discussion board. The "didn't read" is truly a meaningless reply. Does that mean; topic is not liked, belongs in RT, etc? Just too vague. And accomplishes nothing. Just makes poster look like an a$$.

Now as far as your opinion the thread does not belong here.... this is off season. Even during regular season, as long as the board isn't full of OT threads.... I think most enjoy them. Don't open if you don't like OT. Most here know who Perry Noble is and would find this interesting. Had you rather see another Zion thread? There are at least 100 on the board. I'm sick of those. I've said it before and I'll say it again…… I have no idea why posters don't just scroll by thread that does not interest them. No need to be contrary.
Maybe it is to a simple minded reader who doesn't get nuance. To others, it may be viewed as succinct humor, same as "I was out at Perry Noble."

Maybe it is to a simple minded reader who doesn't get nuance. To others, it may be viewed as succinct humor, same as "I was out at Perry Noble."

I'm far from simple minded. Had a huge insult typed for you but I deleted and prayed instead.

I have enough problems with living the life I'm supposed to have than to criticize his. FWIW, I've never heard him preach and know almost nothing about New Spring except what I've heard on here. It just seems everyone is always eager to jump on someone else... and really slow to look in the mirror.

I'm far from simple minded. Had a huge insult typed for you but I deleted and prayed instead.
I didn't say you were simple minded...at least not any more than your thinly veiled accusation that the poster is an ass. It's a message board, you don't get to dictate how people think nor reply to a post.

And for the record, I'd have to give a shit what you thought for any insult to impact me...so probably a smart decision to save your words for God.

I have enough problems with living the life I'm supposed to have than to criticize his. FWIW, I've never heard him preach and know almost nothing about New Spring except what I've heard on here. It just seems everyone is always eager to jump on someone else... and really slow to look in the mirror.
I sent you a message. Have you noticed or has time to answer?

Reactions: idohvac2
While his methods are unorthodox.....he is a long way from a false profit and to call him one is ridiculous
Unfortunately, it's not ridiculous at all. It's particularly scary for a "pastor" to use Scripture to support and justify his own beliefs. The Gospel of Perry isn't worth the paper it's written on. So many red flags on this guy for so many years. Easy to miss, or excuse, though, when things are going well.

More proof that Perry still has issues in his life and is unfit to preach the gospel and lead a church. NewSpring's leadership absolutely made the correct decision and more people are finally realizing it the more that Perry does and says. He needs to get his own house in order before trying to lead others, and I hope he does.

Reactions: scartiger
When are a pastor and you take it upon yourself to translate the Bible into what you really think it means and convey those thoughts are fact before your flock that is the definition of "false prophet."

The bible gets translated by a lot of people, look at all the different religions. Any version of the Bible you or I have read has been translated. Unless you have gone back and studied the original documents, then I don't know that you can say whether he is full of it or not? Based on just on that I think calling him a false prophet is a reach.

Interestingly there are people wishing death on him in this thread and I bet they call themselves christians too. That doesn't mean they aren't christians, but it might be time to take a look in the mirror.

Many of you miss the biggest gift of free speech...with free speech people are free to tell you who you they are. I might not like what he said, but I'll give him this...he spoke his mind and I know what he really thinks.

Reactions: idohvac2
You have to know what you're getting with Perry.
First, I HATE the obsession that people on this board have with him.
Baed on their comments, I think a whole lot of the obsession comes from 2 things:
1. He was the pastor of the biggest megachurch in SC (that alone would cause hatred from a lot of folks).
2. His preaching, teaching, and words are sometimes outside the mainstream, particularly woth the very traditional crowd, so when he says things that twerk their religious thinking, they automatically go beserk.

Look, Perry is absolutely unconventional, no doubt....which is the cause of both love and hatred.
In a way, he reminds me of Donald Trump : a sometimes annoying personality who nonetheless reaches ALOT of the 'normal folk' because he doesn't hide behind a religious facade.

There are gifts of the spirit.
Perry is clearly a gifted preacher.
If he were not, he could have NEVER pastored a church that exploded so quickly and saved people by the thousands.
Say what you will, but that is fact.

It would also be valid, like Trump, to say that Perry sometimes should learn to be more thoughtful in what he says.

Perry has done a phenomenal job of getting people saved.
But his depth of understanding of the Kingdom and his personal wisdom is sometimes found lacking.

Perry's not for me. I need much, much deeper teaching than what he offers, and I don't need his 'shock value" to know how much Abba loves me.

But he has huge value to the Kingdom.
Just as Trump has huge valur to America.

Does he sometimes say stupid- and wrong- stuff.
You betcha.
But you know what?
If I listen to ANY pastor, sooner or later, I'll hear them teach something that is clearly WRONG.

I don't know that Perry has ever claimed to be prophetic.
Has he?

Let's drop the Perry Noble attacks and the obsession with him.
It's just stupid, and a lot of it is driven by jealousy.

Reactions: Trading Tiger
A pastor ought to do everything in his power, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to live beyond reproach. They should take care to live in a manner that is in keeping with a Godly life. Rather than make excuses and “find” cherry picked scriptures to justify your behavior. Pastors ought to set an example for the believers in their life, love, faith and purity.

As a Pastor, that is the manner in which I strive to live.

A pastor ought to do everything in his power, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to live beyond reproach. They should take care to live in a manner that is in keeping with a Godly life. Rather than make excuses and “find” cherry picked scriptures to justify your behavior. Pastors ought to set an example for the believers in their life, love, faith and purity.

As a Pastor, that is the manner in which I strive to live.

I understand what you are saying, but a deeper understanding of the message of Grace has NOTHING to do with trying to 'live right'.
This way of thinking is the Law, and Jesus never, EVER preached on people 'living right".
In fact, that was the message of the Pharasees - the one group of people Jesus repeatedly went head-to-head with!!! Jesus NEVER attacked a sinner!! He attacked tbe Pharsees - the very ones who attacked sinners !!
The Gospel of Grace is NOT about trying to be good !!!

Instead, it is about changing the way you think.
"We are renewed through the changing of our minds."
You are NOT changed by "trying to be good".
You will always, always fail if that is your goal.
You can NEVER be good enough.

In my opinion the Bible verse below describes Perry Noble. What Perry says is down below. Now we know who @tigerpride2 is.

Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

PERRY NOBLE
So I Cuss A Little...

Let me begin by saying that well over 90% of the comments I receive on social media are overwhelmingly positive.

However, a few people have gotten offended at, what they refer to as my use of profanity, in a couple of recent articles.

HERE - https://perrynoble.com/blog/why-im-praying-for-you-often-comes-across-as-you-suck
HERE - https://perrynoble.com/blog/ypure-a-worthless-piece-of-shit

What do I have to say to that?

"Well, shit!"

First of all--I know people who have never cussed--but curse people daily by the way they gossip about them.

Second - I think, because of a desire to be really safe and sanitized, Bible translators have done their best to "clean things up" as much as possible so the Bible can be "family friendly."

However, even a casual reading of the Scriptures shows the Bible is an awesome book, a book full of wisdom and truth - but it is NOT safe, and it is not sanitized.

(For those who want to scream at me right now about it being clean - please explain the acts of genocide recorded numerous times in the Bible and tell me how that is safe?)

First of all - Paul said the word "shit" in the Bible. (Bet you never heard that one in Sunday school.)

In Philippians 3:8 the NIV says, " What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ"

The word "garbage" is a very weak translation. (The KJV says "dung" - which is closer). However, the Greek word Paul uses here is "skubalon" - which is literally translated as "shit!" So, Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, dropped the "s-bomb!"

And then in I Samuel 25:21-22 (KJV)

21 Now David had said, Surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow hath in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained unto him: and he hath requited me evil for good.

22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

WHOA - David, a man after God's own heart, said "pisseth!" I'll bet there was a comment or two left on his Facebook account.

And then there is Ezekiel!

First of all he says in Ezekiel 16:26, "You engaged in prostitution with the Egyptians, your neighbors with large genitals, and aroused my anger with your increasing promiscuity.

Bet that one didn't make anyone's children's Bible.

But he didn't stop there - he went on to say in Ezekiel 23:20, "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Bet you never saw that one on flannel graph!!!

I won't keep on going (although I could) - but just want to say one day I hope to be as godly as those who attack online when they see something they do not like.

If my writing (and in the future my preaching) isn't your cup of tea - then please, unfollow me--I seriously won't lose any sleep...because...

...I believe what the world needs is someone who really is willing to be real, who is willing to say exactly how they feel--even if it goes against what people who are heavenly minded but no earthly good think.

For me - writing is therapy - it's a way I process - it's a way I deal with emotions, and I spent way too long trying to "clean it up" to ensure the Christians masses approved of my message.

But not anymore!

I want to reach the world for Christ, I want people to experience Jesus and have a relationship with Him...and I am discovering more and more people want someone who is genuine rather than a whitewashed tomb.

That's it for now - gotta go take a piss!
Didn’t read but how did I get weaved into this subject.

I understand what you are saying, but a deeper understanding of the message of Grace has NOTHING to do with trying to 'live right'.
This way of thinking is the Law, and Jesus never, EVER preached on people 'living right".
In fact, that was the message of the Pharasees - the one group of people Jesus repeatedly went head-to-head with!!! Jesus NEVER attacked a sinner!! He attacked tbe Pharsees - the very ones who attacked sinners !!

Perry and Newspring blew up because he unmasked the modern day Pharisee that you are describing. Those “hurt by church or church people” gravitated towards the simple, yet true message of faith, salvation and love rather than condemnation, guilt and shame.

It was refreshing and inspiring at times and I believe God inspired...

That being said, ole boy jumped the shark some time ago and became a shock jock. His ego pushed his edginess further and further and his contempt for “church people” seemed to drive him.

I don’t care if the dude says shit occasionally. I do think it’s painfully obvious that what he is saying is not as important to him right now as how click bait worthy what he is saying is. He is begging for attention and I think he needs some help.

We are a broken world in so many ways, it's strange to even discuss cursing.

The David example was pretty funny. Could we say it's ok to cheat on our wife and have our sidepiece's husband murdered? I mean David did it, so I think it should be cool.

Look at how we spend our time, money, and energy in today's society. I'm pretty sure God despises most of us for wasting those gifts. I know I'm guilty.

But nah...it's easier to just talk about if cussing, drinking, chewing tobacco, and eating too much is ok or not.

Reactions: wta21080 and Morton

You and I could go back and forth over this I suppose... time and again we, as believers, are encouraged to walk in the light, to not sin ( 1 John), to live for Christ, to flee sexual sin, to be angry and yet not sin.... I do not reference trying to be good, but we are commanded to remain in him. We are commanded to be holy as He is holy. There is a component of obedience in our walk with Christ, obedience is expected of us.

I believe i am scrpturally sound in what i have posted.

In my opinion the Bible verse below describes Perry Noble. What Perry says is down below. Now we know who @tigerpride2 is.

Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

PERRY NOBLE
So I Cuss A Little...

Let me begin by saying that well over 90% of the comments I receive on social media are overwhelmingly positive.

However, a few people have gotten offended at, what they refer to as my use of profanity, in a couple of recent articles.

HERE - https://perrynoble.com/blog/why-im-praying-for-you-often-comes-across-as-you-suck

"Well, shit!"

First of all--I know people who have never cussed--but curse people daily by the way they gossip about them.

Second - I think, because of a desire to be really safe and sanitized, Bible translators have done their best to "clean things up" as much as possible so the Bible can be "family friendly."

However, even a casual reading of the Scriptures shows the Bible is an awesome book, a book full of wisdom and truth - but it is NOT safe, and it is not sanitized.

(For those who want to scream at me right now about it being clean - please explain the acts of genocide recorded numerous times in the Bible and tell me how that is safe?)

First of all - Paul said the word "shit" in the Bible. (Bet you never heard that one in Sunday school.)

In Philippians 3:8 the NIV says, " What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ"

The word "garbage" is a very weak translation. (The KJV says "dung" - which is closer). However, the Greek word Paul uses here is "skubalon" - which is literally translated as "shit!" So, Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, dropped the "s-bomb!"

21 Now David had said, Surely in vain have I kept all that this fellow hath in the wilderness, so that nothing was missed of all that pertained unto him: and he hath requited me evil for good.

22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.

WHOA - David, a man after God's own heart, said "pisseth!" I'll bet there was a comment or two left on his Facebook account.

First of all he says in Ezekiel 16:26, "You engaged in prostitution with the Egyptians, your neighbors with large genitals, and aroused my anger with your increasing promiscuity.

But he didn't stop there - he went on to say in Ezekiel 23:20, "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

I won't keep on going (although I could) - but just want to say one day I hope to be as godly as those who attack online when they see something they do not like.

If my writing (and in the future my preaching) isn't your cup of tea - then please, unfollow me--I seriously won't lose any sleep...because...

...I believe what the world needs is someone who really is willing to be real, who is willing to say exactly how they feel--even if it goes against what people who are heavenly minded but no earthly good think.

For me - writing is therapy - it's a way I process - it's a way I deal with emotions, and I spent way too long trying to "clean it up" to ensure the Christians masses approved of my message.

But not anymore!

I want to reach the world for Christ, I want people to experience Jesus and have a relationship with Him...and I am discovering more and more people want someone who is genuine rather than a whitewashed tomb.

I will say this. Being born again is something I’ve never experienced until one night, I had believed in Jesus and all that growing up. It is completely all God’s doing in initiating it. I’m out of the will of God at this moment, but when you’re born again grieving the Holy Spirit is real and being ok with cussing and trying to be ok with other sin in your life is not something you will say this is just me. God's spirit lives in you and just being what you were doesn’t fit anymore. It’s a struggle. For someone to try and make the Bible fit into their lifestyle by misinterpretation, rather than allowing it to transform their life farther, never experieced the new birth. I’m not right with God right now, and I’m not comfortable with it. We all fall short in sin, but to be ok with it and try to word the Bible to be ok with it just so your sin doesn’t bother you is evil. And trust me, I once was evil as they come, before I got talked into going to a revival and God convicted my wretched soul. Scared me to death, but the moment I went forward and received Christ the weight of the world was lifted, along with addictions, hatred and so many chains. It’s sad so many know the truth, but have never been converted. Most people say I know Christ, I like to say He knows me and I know the date and place when my name was written in heaven.

I will say this. Being born again is something I’ve never experienced until one night, I had believed in Jesus and all that growing up. It is completely all God’s doing in initiating it. I’m out of the will of God at this moment, but when you’re born again grieving the Holy Spirit is real and being ok with cussing and trying to be ok with other sin in your life is not something you will say this is just me. God's spirit lives in you and just being what you were doesn’t fit anymore. It’s a struggle. For someone to try and make the Bible fit into their lifestyle by misinterpretation, rather than allowing it to transform their life farther, never experieced the new birth. I’m not right with God right now, and I’m not comfortable with it. We all fall short in sin, but to be ok with it and try to word the Bible to be ok with it just so your sin doesn’t bother you is evil. And trust me, I once was evil as they come, before I got talked into going to a revival and God convicted my wretched soul. Scared me to death, but the moment I went forward and received Christ the weight of the world was lifted, along with addictions, hatred and so many chains. It’s sad so many know the truth, but have never been converted. Most people say I know Christ, I like to say He knows me and I know the date and place when my name was written in heaven.
I understand 100%.

I know there are some good Christians that are left. The extreme ones, seem like they’re doing the devils work. Just my opinion. Personally, I’m an independent that leans right. Not a big fan of establishment republicans either.

Ok, thanks. But my question was based on them being non-christian but still a very solid and productive citizen....could you like a person like that?

You and I could go back and forth over this I suppose... time and again we, as believers, are encouraged to walk in the light, to not sin ( 1 John), to live for Christ, to flee sexual sin, to be angry and yet not sin.... I do not reference trying to be good, but we are commanded to remain in him. We are commanded to be holy as He is holy. There is a component of obedience in our walk with Christ, obedience is expected of us.

I believe i am scrpturally sound in what i have posted.
Jesus told us to go and make disciples, teaching teaching them to obey all that he commanded....so yeah, obedience matters to him bigtime.

PERRY NOBLE
So I Cuss A Little...

"Well, shit!"

But not anymore!

So because he is saying it’s ok to cuss he is a false teacher?
He’s a dumbass but cussing is really going to send someone to hell? Seriously?

Why take the energy and effort to read or care. I read nothing he says or does unless some of you post it on here but I really don’t get all the hate. He’s a goof ball who’s a little off his rocker and outspoken and outlandish for sure but he shouldn’t get near the pub he does.

Jesus told us to go and make disciples, teaching teaching them to obey all that he commanded....so yeah, obedience matters to him bigtime.

Yeah people confuse working for salvation and a salvation that works. I started loving things of God, like church service, Sunday school, visitation and all the joys of serving the Lord. I never cared for these things, staggered right by the church in my neighborhood many times, never cared to talk to people. Then, as Paul on Damascus road, I was knocked off my horse. This was a Thursday night, I had plans to be at a bar the next night but God intervened and I was back at the revival that Friday instead. And of course the neighborhood thought I was really crazy when I was knocking on doors telling them the good news. It's life changing and once you're born again, his yoke truly is light. Living for him is not easy, but it's not hard and heavy either. There's a joy in doing right by His word.

Anybody that can read Perry's stuff and not hear the cry of a broken man is pretty calloused. I think so much of what I've read in this thread is so much BS! Salvation only comes through the gift of God's son. It's free! And always remember a gift says a whole lot more about the giver of the gift than it does the recipient.
If I give you $1million it doesn't speak to your ability. It only speaks to my kindness to give it to you(no I'm not giving away $1M). The same is true about salvation through the gift of Jesus. It's really to good to be true!
My point is that maybe we focus on the recipients more than we should, and would all do well to celebrate the giver more than we do!

My hope is that Perry's struggle with himself can be put behind him really soon!

Reactions: Tigris Maximus
Perry and Newspring blew up because he unmasked the modern day Pharisee that you are describing. Those “hurt by church or church people” gravitated towards the simple, yet true message of faith, salvation and love rather than condemnation, guilt and shame.

It was refreshing and inspiring at times and I believe God inspired...

That being said, ole boy jumped the shark some time ago and became a shock jock. His ego pushed his edginess further and further and his contempt for “church people” seemed to drive him.

I don’t care if the dude says shit occasionally. I do think it’s painfully obvious that what he is saying is not as important to him right now as how click bait worthy what he is saying is. He is begging for attention and I think he needs some help.

This and several other posts are spot on
Believe Perry loves the Lord and tigerj summed him up pretty well. He has made mistakes and personal demons(which he was open about) from his past resurfaced. He slid back into substance abuse and has paid for it by losing his church. However, the church he started continues to help others as he did for many years. One reason for his church's success was he was NOT judgemental and accepted people from all walks of life as they were and tried to help them.

There is a lot of jealousy and hate out there towards him. People should pray for him and that he conquers his issues. But again to call him a false profit is just incorrect.

Why take the energy and effort to read or care. I read nothing he says or does unless some of you post it on here but I really don’t get all the hate. He’s a goof ball who’s a little off his rocker and outspoken and outlandish for sure but he shouldn’t get near the pub he does.
Cussing doesn't send people to hell anymore than drinking or drugging. Sinners rejecting the free pardon of sin sends people to hell. The issue is we don't know the heart of man and can't judge. I can only say from the Holy Spirit and based upon the word of God and how I was before I was born again, that you will never be ok with cussing, or this is just me so I can sin and still be ok with God. Repentance is required and is actually granted by God. That happened to me as I went forward in faith and my mind and heart has never been the same, even when the human eye couldn't see it. Another thing people confuse is salvation. There is relationship and God whoops his kids. And there is fellowship when you're right with God. And if you've been born again, you know the relationship is always there, but you will know when the fellowship isn't, because of sin we let creep back into our lives. Not perfect, just a working salvation.

We are a broken world in so many ways, it's strange to even discuss cursing.

The David example was pretty funny. Could we say it's ok to cheat on our wife and have our sidepiece's husband murdered? I mean David did it, so I think it should be cool.

Look at how we spend our time, money, and energy in today's society. I'm pretty sure God despises most of us for wasting those gifts. I know I'm guilty.

But nah...it's easier to just talk about if cussing, drinking, chewing tobacco, and eating too much is ok or not.

I cuss just like he does. I know it is wrong and I would never try and justify it.

He is ruining his testimony. Cussing or drinking a beer is not unforgivable. When you're a pastor and and you reach millions of people it is a big deal.

Reactions: yuthgi
Lots of people talking about fascinating things here.

I live in Wyoming, loved my time at Clemson.

Unless you are cool with the idea that you 'live today and die tomorrow.........and it's over', there are many reasons to consider all ITT and more.
Much more.

I mentioned Wyoming because if I could get a rope from here to Clemson, one solid piece, and there at Tigertown tie a single thread around that piece of rope.............that thread, that's our life (probably less) compared to eternity.

Shouldn't that cause us all to reflect on the most important aspects of life?
.........and life after.

ADVERTISEMENT