ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit View

I'm sorry if this comes off as offensive, but it honestly sounds like you struggle with your sexuality. For me personally, I was lucky enough to have the sexual orientation that most people find 'acceptable'. Also, I understand perfectly that I do not find men attractive, but that if I did, it would make my life very complicated. Also, theres gay animals all in the animal kingdom, so the term unnatural is odd argument.

You think people CHOOSE to be gay don't you.
Not offensive because it simply isn’t true.

Reactions: nmerritt11
The amount of biological men who transition to play women’s sports is so minuscule that it isn’t even worth taking seriously. So many of the “protect women’s sports” crowd hate women’s sports and take every opportunity they can to trash it, the athletes, and the coaches. This is a fake panic being whipped up to demonize trans people and force them back in the closet.
I do not get too worked up on the numbers because to this point they presumably are small. I just do not like dishonesty or fabrication and especially demanding folks join an illusion that is contrary to facts or otherwise be punished. It is a type of group think in which you are coerced or even forced to acknowledge the truth of something that is patently false.

Reactions: Chetsu
The chances of you running into someone who identifies as non-binary is basically non existent in where you live in South Carolina. I live in Chicago and have only met one person who identifies that way. Right, is ridiculous to get offended over a pronoun so just use what that person wants. It’s not a big deal and is being polite
These arguments of : Thats weird and we didn't do it that way just reminds me of the "Thats not my culture and heritage " arguments. Very close minded.

I’m glad Kirk feels compelled to share his journey of oppression. The world needs more wealthy people telling us that they are the real victims being silenced. Nevermind that he’s the face of the biggest sports network in the world’s college football coverage that’s small potatoes
The fact that you and the others are triggered by the mention of the word Christian is comical. You all are so far gone - be honest - you HATE the idea of Christianity.

If you’re all about free speech, then wtf does it matter to you who says it. You have no idea what his personal experience has been with idiots like you who want him to be silent. Free speech is all good until someone says something you loathe.

You’re a dumbass if you think they were let go for reasons not related to their beliefs and willingness to say what they said. Call it money, whatever, but these events aren’t a coincidence and Kirk saying something now about it isn’t a coincidence.

what kind of idiot would say “Her is a friend of mine” instead of “She is a friend of mine”?

If I put that my pronoun is “he” …then everyone over the age of 4 can figure out the rest.

I get your point. Just passing along the information. Unfortunately assuming people aren't idiots doesn't always work

Yet as rare as it is there happened to be 2 in the Olympics, both “female”, both boxers in country that frown upon being gay, trans, etc. And apparently another transgender boxer. So 3 with heavy questions and 2 that failed testosterone tests at the world championships and were disqualified. Come on man.

Herbie is 100% right.
If you believe the IBA suddenly found a problem with boxers then I have a bridge to sell you. The IBA is banned by the IOC because of the IBA’s connection to Russian organized crime. It’s completely financed by a Russian organization (Gazprom). It has Russian directors. The two boxers competed without issue for years until they each beat a Russian boxer in 2023. That’s when the issues popped up. No tests were done, no results were shared. The Russian directors came up with their reasons to disqualify them. Both boxers were born as biological women and raised their whole lives as girls/women. There is no evidence to suggest they aren’t

Reactions: cjtiger300
It’s a small number of girls getting bludgeoned by biological males in sports, but for some reason it’s not easy for some to call it out as ridiculous. Just use common sense and ban people with a Y chromosome from competition in women’s sports
Where are the men competing in women’s sports and “bludgeoning” them

Yet as rare as it is there happened to be 2 in the Olympics, both “female”, both boxers in country that frown upon being gay, trans, etc. And apparently another transgender boxer. So 3 with heavy questions and 2 that failed testosterone tests at the world championships and were disqualified. Come on man.

Herbie is 100% right.

Hold up, you think Taiwan frowns upon trans people? Lol

I get your point. Just passing along the information. Unfortunately assuming people aren't idiots doesn't always work
But even saying “he/him” doesn’t ensure some dumbo doesn’t say “Him is going to the beach we me.”

Anyway. I digress. It’s just a pet peeve. Just tell me your pronoun is “he” and I’ll call you mister even if you’re rolling without nuts.

If you say “he/him”, then I’m immediately judging you.

I do not get too worked up on the numbers because to this point they presumably are small. I just do not like dishonesty or fabrication and especially demanding folks join an illusion that is contrary to facts or otherwise be punished. It is a type of group think in which you are coerced or even forced to acknowledge the truth of something that is patently false.
No one is forcing you to do it but it does make you seem like a jerk

No one is forcing you to do it but it does make you seem like a jerk
Not really. Just serious about facts. I understand that there are folks honestly confused about their sexuality. But I do not think the answer is for everyone to pretend their confusion is reality.

It’s a small number of girls getting bludgeoned by biological males in sports, but for some reason it’s not easy for some to call it out as ridiculous. Just use common sense and ban people with a Y chromosome from competition in women’s sports

It’s really that simple

Here's a story from Newsweek in 2023:

Not all transgender people identify as women, and an even smaller number consists of transgender women hoping to compete in girls' and women's sports.

Privacy laws make it tough to identify the exact number of transgender athletes competing in public school sports, but researcher and medical physicist Joanna Harper estimates the number can't exceed 100 nationwide.

"While we don't know the exact number of trans women competing in NCAA sports, I would be very surprised if there were more than 100 of them in the women's category," Harper told Newsweek.

One hundred transgender athletes would comprise an incredibly small number of the U.S. population, and the number dwindles even further when it comes to middle school and high school athletes.

Gillian Branstetter, a spokesperson for the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) said the number of transgender athletes isn't comprehensive, but she's also certain it's a very small portion of the nation's population. Branstetter told Newsweek that Save Women's Sports, an organization advocating for banning transgender athletes from competing in girls' sports, identified only five transgender athletes competing on girls' teams in school sports for grades K through 12.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again, wake me up when people are more bothered by the fact that 1 in 3 women will face physical or sexual assault during their lifetimes than the notion of 5 trans athletes competing in a nation of ~330 million people. In case you needed a reminder, the vast majority of people who physically and sexually attack women are good old fashioned heterosexual biological men. For some reason I don't think I've ever seen a thread about that on TI, tho.

Slippery slope argument. This is the same discussion we had in 2010 about how gay marriage was going to make people gay. When we hashed that out here on the board, it came to pass that the loudest opponents actually believed people chose to be gay. When those of us who are honest about our sexuality pointed out that we can't chose to like tits over dicks, that argument vanished like vapor as people became aware that they actually might, just be a bit gay.

So, I gotta ask, do you think people chose to view themselves as a different gender than their birth biological sex?
Just so you know, you are rehashing the same arguments that failed pretty miserably before. However, progress is good.
wait…there isn’t a CHOICE to be gay? What you don’t have a choice in is: the color of your skin, being born with a penis or vagina, who your parents are.

Yes, it is a choice to see yourself as a different gender than birth. It makes ZERO sense to argue this when all the facts (science) proves it. What you can be certain of is something isn’t clicking correctly upstairs.

Sweet shit man, just choose to be ignorant if you want. The examples aren’t hard to find. Why can’t you just say men shouldn’t compete in women’s sports? Trust the science, correct?
Yeah, men shouldn’t compete in women’s sports. But as I said earlier, it’s such an incredibly small number and this panic over it way outstrips the numbers and is mainly being used to demonize trans individuals and shove them back in the closet

The fact that you and the others are triggered by the mention of the word Christian is comical. You all are so far gone - be honest - you HATE the idea of Christianity.

If you’re all about free speech, then wtf does it matter to you who says it. You have no idea what his personal experience has been with idiots like you who want him to be silent. Free speech is all good until someone says something you loathe.

You’re a dumbass if you think they were let go for reasons not related to their beliefs and willingness to say what they said. Call it money, whatever, but these events aren’t a coincidence and Kirk saying something now about it isn’t a coincidence.
Oh please

What does Kirk’s religion have to do with men competing in women’s sports? He made it a point to bring it up so the two must be related.

wait…there isn’t a CHOICE to be gay? What you don’t have a choice in is: the color of your skin, being born with a penis or vagina, who your parents are.

Yes, it is a choice to see yourself as a different gender than birth. It makes ZERO sense to argue this when all the facts (science) proves it. What you can be certain of is something isn’t clicking correctly upstairs.
You don’t have a choice in who you’re attracted to. Gay people don’t choose to be gay. Likewise, trans individuals don’t choose to be trans. They choose to outwardly transition but that outward transition (hormones, clothes, etc) only happens because of the way they fell internally. My views on this flipped when I talked to trans individuals. Their explanation was “well I feel like I was born in the wrong body and transitioning is the only way to change that.”

I mean it’s a very very small number but what’s the point in being a jerk. Just be polite to someone

So if it’s such a small number and you’ve come across one why does Kamala go to extremes to post a video from the White House with everyone introducing themselves by their pronouns? B/C it is an attention grab

“I’m Kamala Harris, the VP, I identify as a her because I am a woman and I’m wearing a blue dress”

And proceed around the table for everyone to do it like they’re in K5 and then post it on social media. It’s an attention grab

Yeah, men shouldn’t compete in women’s sports. But as I said earlier, it’s such an incredibly small number and this panic over it way outstrips the numbers and is mainly being used to demonize trans individuals and shove them back in the closet
Not at all. Maybe we don’t give a shit if you feel like you want to be a different gender, but at the same time don’t think you should be allowed to compete against women because of feelings. So just because it’s a small number of girls being impacted in sports by trans people means we should not care? Sounds weird since you’re wanting me to change because a small number of people want to be called she/her even thought they are biologically a he/him.

So if it’s such a small number and you’ve come across one why does Kamala go to extremes to post a video from the White House with everyone introducing themselves by their pronouns? B/C it is an attention grab

“I’m Kamala Harris, the VP, I identify as a her because I am a woman and I’m wearing a blue dress”

And proceed around the table for everyone to do it like they’re in K5 and then post it on social media. It’s an attention grab
Because that video was her meeting with disability advocates, some of whom are blind and can’t see her

Not at all. Maybe we don’t give a shit if you feel like you want to be a different gender, but at the same time don’t think you should be allowed to compete against women because of feelings. So just because it’s a small number of girls being impacted in sports by trans people means we should not care? Sounds weird since you’re wanting me to change because a small number of people want to be called she/her even thought they are biologically a he/him.
I don’t think it’s worth doing some national satanic panic over such a small number. Scroll up thread, the group Save Women’s Sports found FIVE individuals who this applied to at the HS level. In the NCAA they’d be surprised if it was more than 100. So we’re talking about ~100 people in a nation with a population of ~330 million

I think there are a lot of espn personalities who aren't getting tired of towing the company line! Heard on mad dog radio that ESPN brass is getting alot heat for letting Ponder go who was one very well respected by Espn personalities.

I don’t think it’s worth doing some national satanic panic over such a small number. Scroll up thread, the group Save Women’s Sports found FIVE individuals who this applied to at the HS level. In the NCAA they’d be surprised if it was more than 100. So we’re talking about ~100 people in a nation with a population of ~330 million
So those women impacted don’t matter. Got it

You don’t have a choice in who you’re attracted to. Gay people don’t choose to be gay. Likewise, trans individuals don’t choose to be trans. They choose to outwardly transition but that outward transition (hormones, clothes, etc) only happens because of the way they fell internally. My views on this flipped when I talked to trans individuals. Their explanation was “well I feel like I was born in the wrong body and transitioning is the only way to change that.”
This is an interesting conversation. Someone made a reference earlier to things being natural vs unnatural.

Say it’s true that you don’t have a “choice” in who you are attracted to. Would being gay or trans be natural or unnatural?

If being trans were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% male, 33% female, 33% “trans”

If being gay were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% M/F relationships, 33% Female/Female relationship, 33% Male/Male relationships?

If you look at the world population, 50.28% are male, 49.62% female. That’s a coin flip. We seem to be missing a third side of the coin….

The more folks “hate” Christianity and the Bible, the more ignorant they appear to be because man does facts/science support the Bible.

I’m happy he has courage but I’m just so tired of people saying I’m a “Christian” in one breath and cursing in another. Poor poor testimony to a lost world.

Usually it's he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their(s), or some combination (other pronouns exist too but these are the most common).
The reason is simply grammatical correctness. You wouldn't say saw he yesterday", you'd say "1 saw him yesterday." You wouldn't say "A friend of she", you'd say "A friend of hers".

Example

She- Third person singular pronoun / subject of a verb
Her- Third person singular pronoun / object of a verb or preposition
Hers- Third person possessive pronoun

Consider we versus us, one is used as a subject (someone/ something that is doing an action) while the other is used as an object (someone/something that is acted upon). "We are going to the mall" "The police told us to move along."

Edit: I don't think you're an idiot. It's great that you're asking questions. Hell I was just as perplexed as you before I sought out the information. Many don't do that all all who b is why ignorance reigns supreme quite often.

zero interest in this ridiculousness.

Reactions: tgrharley
How can the nuanced and educated Left not see these issues as symptoms of much bigger societal problems?

There is a vocal minority that believe trans men should be allowed to compete in women’s sports despite clear physical advantages to the trans athlete. It’s happening in high school sports across the country. What will be the next absurd agenda for these people? It doesn’t

Usually it's he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their(s), or some combination (other pronouns exist too but these are the most common).
The reason is simply grammatical correctness. You wouldn't say saw he yesterday", you'd say "1 saw him yesterday." You wouldn't say "A friend of she", you'd say "A friend of hers".

Example

She- Third person singular pronoun / subject of a verb
Her- Third person singular pronoun / object of a verb or preposition
Hers- Third person possessive pronoun

Consider we versus us, one is used as a subject (someone/ something that is doing an action) while the other is used as an object (someone/something that is acted upon). "We are going to the mall" "The police told us to move along."

Edit: I don't think you're an idiot. It's great that you're asking questions. Hell I was just as perplexed as you before I sought out the information. Many don't do that all all who b is why ignorance reigns supreme quite often.
You (or they/ them/ ) know waaaay too much about this shit

So someone can be a they? As in multiple personalities…that’s a mental disorder
Yes, non-binary people can identify as they. Some people use he & them in place of he & him. There was an Olympian from Charleston who was born female but identifies as non-binary using they/them.

I don’t personally know anyone who is trans or non-binary. But I’m respectful of those who are because calling them their preferred pronoun is just as easy as not. Like how being nice doesn’t cost a thing, yeah?

I would imagine that’s a difficult life and most folks can’t relate to it. That’s what bothers me most. These people are simply trying to exist in the vast majority of cases and they find themselves in a stupid culture war because that’s what American politics are now. Much like trans bathroom use was a made-up boogeyman, calling people their preferred pronoun is a non-issue.

Sweet shit man, just choose to be ignorant if you want. The examples aren’t hard to find. Why can’t you just say men shouldn’t compete in women’s sports? Trust the science, correct?
I just quoted a study that was referenced in Newsweek last year that stated less than 100 athletes in NCAA and 5 athletes between grades 1-12 nationwide.

This is like Satanic Panic from the 80s all over again. I'm sure there were maybe 1 or 2 legit Satanists somewhere in the country, but then the cultural hyenas ran with it like it was a legitimate phenomenon.

If you want to really protect women then tell your male friends and relatives to quit beating and raping them. That should be a thread on TI/social media every single day.

I just quoted a study that was referenced in Newsweek last year that stated less than 100 athletes in NCAA and 5 athletes between grades 1-12 nationwide.

This is like Satanic Panic from the 80s all over again. I'm sure there were maybe 1 or 2 legit Satanists somewhere in the country, but then the cultural hyenas ran with it like it was a legitimate phenomenon.

If you want to really protect women then tell your male friends and relatives to quit beating and raping them. That should be a thread on TI/social media every single day.
You can do both. Protect women from asshole men and transgenders at the same time. Not hard

Reactions: Grady21
I mean its nuanced. It's also such a huge edge case to even talk about. What do I mean by that? Theres been 1, 1 example where a biological male competed in women's swimming. I don't really feel like they should be competing in women's sports. But I'm also, not really that interested in the subject at all. However, lots of politicians sure are, and the media keeps talking about it, so everyone feels like they MUST make an opinion on the subject.
It's one of those subjects where I feel people use it to then try to vilify each other.

Also, can christians please stop playing the 'oh we are so oppressed' narrative. It's just so crybaby considering their majority voting block. What they mean is that when they say things online, some people disagree with them, and that hurts their feelings.
I’m so sick of people thinking this is complicated. People who think they are a different gender than they were born as are mentally sick. Asking people to pretend with them is ****ing stupid. Normal people are the ****ing idiots in all this for going along with it. Stop the bullshit insanity.

This is an interesting conversation. Someone made a reference earlier to things being natural vs unnatural.

Say it’s true that you don’t have a “choice” in who you are attracted to. Would being gay or trans be natural or unnatural?

If being trans were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% male, 33% female, 33% “trans”

If being gay were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% M/F relationships, 33% Female/Female relationship, 33% Male/Male relationships?

If you look at the world population, 50.28% are male, 49.62% female. That’s a coin flip. We seem to be missing a third side of the coin….

The more folks “hate” Christianity and the Bible, the more ignorant they appear to be because man does facts/science support the Bible.
Look, I’ve grown up around the church. Grew up Presbyterian, now I’m a mass going Catholic. Who cares about “natural” or unnatural. It’s not the norm, which is what I think you’re getting at. People who are guy or transgender don’t have a choice in how they feel. I don’t see how me recognizing that is against Christianity lol

I’m happy he has courage but I’m just so tired of people saying I’m a “Christian” in one breath and cursing in another. Poor poor testimony to a lost world.

Dabo curses. There's nothing wrong with cursing unless you're doing it around small kids.

I really don't understand how people can be so sensitive. Calm down, no one in your entire community is struggling with this issue. You are just mad about things people said online.

you made not one point. then fall back into the standard liberal cop out - why do you care. i care because women are unique and not one single man should be able to take any opportunity uniquely intended for women.

liberals are losers.

• Haha
Yes, non-binary people can identify as they. Some people use he & them in place of he & him. There was an Olympian from Charleston who was born female but identifies as non-binary using they/them.

I don’t personally know anyone who is trans or non-binary. But I’m respectful of those who are because calling them their preferred pronoun is just as easy as not. Like how being nice doesn’t cost a thing, yeah?

I would imagine that’s a difficult life and most folks can’t relate to it. That’s what bothers me most. These people are simply trying to exist in the vast majority of cases and they find themselves in a stupid culture war because that’s what American politics are now. Much like trans bathroom use was a made-up boogeyman, calling people their preferred pronoun is a non-issue.
I probably shouldn't but I'm going to jump into this real quickly...

My problem with using pronouns like he/him/they for someone that was born female is that, I think it causes me to lie to them because I think they're going through gender confusion and not actually born into the wrong body. Same for non-binary. If I confirm a falsehood for them then I don't think I'm doing them any favors or that I have strong evidence to back their claim.

This was well-understood until 5 minutes ago (more like 5+ years) and there's been no scientific breakthrough that's proven that to be false. You look at the explosion of LGBTQ identifying people by generation and it's clear there's a huge social/cultural component to all of this and not a biological one.

That's not to say that I shouldn't be respectful or understanding because they're certainly going through something that is very real but I think they're being misled. I would probably try to use their name as much as possible instead of pronouns.

Of course, as a Christian I think that God created them male or female, sent Jesus to redeem us through his blood, and the Holy Spirit to work through these types of issues with us.

Reactions: Grady21

Herbie is 100% right.

They failed testosterone test at the Olympics? I'm pretty sure that would be huge news if so. Spoiler alert, they didn't.

Last edited:
But even saying “he/him” doesn’t ensure some dumbo doesn’t say “Him is going to the beach we me.”

Anyway. I digress. It’s just a pet peeve. Just tell me your pronoun is “he” and I’ll call you mister even if you’re rolling without nuts.

If you say “he/him”, then I’m immediately judging you.
What a weird thing to judge people over though. In the grand scheme of things, is it really that big a deal? I mean really

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT