ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit View

I probably shouldn't but I'm going to jump into this real quickly...

My problem with using pronouns like he/him/they for someone that was born female is that, I think it causes me to lie to them because I think they're going through gender confusion and not actually born into the wrong body. Same for non-binary. If I confirm a falsehood for them then I don't think I'm doing them any favors or that I have strong evidence to back their claim.

This was well-understood until 5 minutes ago (more like 5+ years) and there's been no scientific breakthrough that's proven that to be false. You look at the explosion of LGBTQ identifying people by generation and it's clear there's a huge social/cultural component to all of this and not a biological one.

That's not to say that I shouldn't be respectful or understanding because they're certainly going through something that is very real but I think they're being misled. I would probably try to use their name as much as possible instead of pronouns.

Of course, as a Christian I think that God created them male or female, sent Jesus to redeem us through his blood, and the Holy Spirit to work through these types of issues with us.
I get it. Especially if there isn't anyone in your circle who identifies. My wife's cousin is bi and her boyfriend is trans and I'm really confused by the whole dynamic. Like, she wants to have a relationship with a "man" but this man isn't actually a man. As it was all getting explained to me I felt like I needed a pen and paper.

Dabo curses. There's nothing wrong with cursing unless you're doing it around small kids.
Dabo is not the standard. How foolish. The Bible is the standard and Jesus Christ is the standard. Both of which condemn corrupt communication. Learn your Bible. That’s the exact reason I have to make a statement like this because no one has “Biblical Christianity” they have made up “cultural Christianity.”

So if it’s such a small number and you’ve come across one why does Kamala go to extremes to post a video from the White House with everyone introducing themselves by their pronouns? B/C it is an attention grab

“I’m Kamala Harris, the VP, I identify as a her because I am a woman and I’m wearing a blue dress”

And proceed around the table for everyone to do it like they’re in K5 and then post it on social media. It’s an attention grab

Describing yourself and what you are wearing has more to do with people who have visual disabilities. I can see why people think it's weird when they don't understand why it's happening. However, jumping all over something and calling it stupid without trying to understand is wrong in my opinion. If she was GOP you wouldn't have shit to say.

Dabo is not the standard. How foolish. The Bible is the standard and Jesus Christ is the standard. Both of which condemn corrupt communication. Learn your Bible. That’s the exact reason I have to make a statement like this because no one has “Biblical Christianity” they have made up “cultural Christianity.”

Sounds weird. I have no interest in reading the Bible.

you made not one point. then fall back into the standard liberal cop out - why do you care. i care because women are unique and not one single man should be able to take any opportunity uniquely intended for women.

liberals are losers.
Just because you ignore my points, doesn't mean I didn't make them.
I also stated multiple times that I don't think biological men should play in female only sports.
Im not going to throw labels around and rag you like I could. Develop some grace and cast not your stone at me.

I'll state it again though: You are only getting mad about things you see online, you aren't actually dealing with anyone in your community who has dealt with a trans person competing against them in sport. It's such a non issue, but people get fanatic about, like you are, because they want to vilify a group of people, and this lets them do it.

Reactions: cjtiger300
This is an interesting conversation. Someone made a reference earlier to things being natural vs unnatural.

Say it’s true that you don’t have a “choice” in who you are attracted to. Would being gay or trans be natural or unnatural?

If being trans were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% male, 33% female, 33% “trans”

If being gay were natural, wouldn’t there be 33% M/F relationships, 33% Female/Female relationship, 33% Male/Male relationships?

If you look at the world population, 50.28% are male, 49.62% female. That’s a coin flip. We seem to be missing a third side of the coin….

The more folks “hate” Christianity and the Bible, the more ignorant they appear to be because man does facts/science support the Bible.
Yeah, that's not how any of this works. Why would 33% be the number? Are you seriously saying it unnatural because there is g an equal amount as straight people? That's not how evolution works. The number of gay people is only going up because they are more comfortable to come out. If you look at the actual number statistically, it's most likely been static since the beginning of humans.

Please give us some numbers here and cite your sources.
Why does the frequency matter? But here are some numbers with a source.

Five biological males who identify as female won girls’ state scholastic titles at outdoor-season spring meets in Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Oregon and Washington. These are just the ones that won state in track and field. Participation happening in other sports as well.

Link:
Washington Post

You (or they/ them/ ) know waaaay too much about this shit
You is the correct term for any gender. I know what I know because I ask questions when I don't understand something. Even then I may not get it, but it is my responsibility as a decent person to try and also be understanding. It's not difficult.

If it was your daughter fighting them I bet it would be
"But even saying “he/him” doesn’t ensure some dumbo doesn’t say “Him is going to the beach we me.”

Anyway. I digress. It’s just a pet peeve. Just tell me your pronoun is “he” and I’ll call you mister even if you’re rolling without nuts.

If you say “he/him”, then I’m immediately judging you."

This is the post I was responding to. Nice try though. Again though, no males boxes females in the Olympics, so I don't see how this has anything to do with anything. You're just doing the red herring fallacy at this point.

Describing yourself and what you are wearing has more to do with people who have visual disabilities. I can see why people think it's weird when they don't understand why it's happening. However, jumping all over something and calling it stupid without trying to understand is wrong in my opinion. If she was GOP you wouldn't have shit to say.

Has zero to do with her being GOP

If I walk into a room a grown women are sitting there introducing themselves, wearing masks, announcing their pronoun, and telling everyone why and what shit color they’re wearing…I’m gonna call it weird regardless of who it is. Thats not normal

If I walk into a room a grown women are sitting there introducing themselves, wearing masks, announcing their pronoun, and telling everyone why and what shit color they’re wearing…I’m gonna call it weird regardless of who it is. Thats not normal
She was meeting with disabled people and some were blind. You choose not to find the context and instead judged everyone in the room. I say you're the weird person here begging for attention since you want to be so willfully obtuse

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nmerritt11
She was meeting with disabled people and some were blind. You choose not to find the context and instead judged everyone in the room. If say you're the weird person here begging for attention since you want to be so willfully obtuse

You do you…my guess is you are a younger generation and this stuff has been shoved down your throat your high school and college life. It’s all good. Have a good Saturday

So for clarity, Christians have now become the most persecuted group in the states? Our fundamental beliefs are being infringed upon? Am I missing something? I’m just not feeling the outrage. Nor do I believe ABC/ESPN made primary decisions on Ponder or RGIII based on public positions. It is a business first and foremost. Money led the discussion. Second is ability. 3rd maybe second is reliability. 4th do I want to work with this person I.e are they an arsehole? Opinions alone don’t make someone difficult. If they insist on debating me all day preventing me from getting work done or costing the firm money then that would change the dynamic.
i think a lot of people have lost jobs over their christian beliefs---is that good?

Don't make me embarrass you like old boy did this morning. I kinda felt bad for you until you decided to act like a jackass in this thread. Also, you're a damn Moderator. Noone should be able to block you and you sure as shit shouldn't be asking people to. Moderating 101, sheesh

You do you…my guess is you are a younger generation and this stuff has been shoved down your throat your high school and college life. It’s all good. Have a good Saturday

No, I'm just a person with hidden disabilities and have some sympathy for people. Also, again, we are damn near the same age. I'm 45. It's called not being a dick and it's not that difficult.

i think a lot of people have lost jobs over their christian beliefs---is that good?
Lol, no. Maybe if their blasting people at work and preaching fire and brimstone to people. Then they deserve to be fired, however most Christians are smart enough to understand there is a time and place for stuff.

Sure, and my bosses pray at every meal and preach christianity all the time. I dare not ever share my views at work, because there will be consequences. I agree there are double standards, I was just saying, in one sentence of my post, that christians should probably not harp on being oppressed or persecuted in this country, considering they are the majority. Thats all.

If I went on to a pod cast and shared my political and religious views, I would be fired. Facts.
The backpedal when someone is called out

Reactions: nmerritt11
Don't make me embarrass you like old boy did this morning. I kinda felt bad for you until you decided to act like a jackass in this thread. Also, you're a damn Moderator. Noone should be able to block you and you sure as shit shouldn't be asking people to. Moderating 101, sheesh

I’m not being an ass I just disagree with you on this subject. Plain and simple.

And trust me I don’t get embarrassed by anyone hiding behind a handle that disagrees with me on the internet.

I am open with my identity. You act like a moderator is a paid position. You’d be shocked that I am one of the few that doesn’t have anyone blocked. Including some that would shock you

But we disagree on this…that’s fine. I think if someone has X and Y chromosomes and their testosterone can naturally be above what is allowed in a female sport they should be disqualified.

Plain and simple. That’s my view. I don’t think someone should get to choose what sex they identify as when it’s convenient. My opinion

You’re welcome to differ from that as you do. We can move on or you can continue to be mad and threaten to “embarrass me”

I’m not being an ass I just disagree with you on this subject. Plain and simple.

And trust me I don’t get embarrassed by anyone hiding behind a handle that disagrees with me on the internet.

I am open with my identity. You act like a moderator is a paid position. You’d be shocked that I am one of the few that doesn’t have anyone blocked. Including some that would shock you

But we disagree on this…that’s fine. I think if someone has X and Y chromosomes and their testosterone can naturally be above what is allowed in a female sport they should be disqualified.

Plain and simple. That’s my view. I don’t think someone should get to choose what sex they identify as when it’s convenient. My opinion

You’re welcome to differ from that as you do. We can move on or you can continue to be mad and threaten to “embarrass me”
I know you're not paid. Also I hope you don't have anyone blocked, since you're a friggin moderator. I don't have anyone blocked either 🤷‍♂️. I definitely had second half embarrassment for you in that thread. The guy roasted the hell out of you and it was hard to argue with anything he said. But yes, you're entitled to your opinion. However, your post in this thread were about far more than women's sports. As far as keeping men out of women's sports, I tend to agree. However, individuals with DSD should absolutely be allowed as long as their testosterone is within the limits, which the two individuals in the Olympics were. That's an indisputable fact, period.

I know you're not paid. Also I hope you don't have anyone blocked, since you're a friggin moderator. I don't have anyone blocked either 🤷‍♂️. I definitely had second half embarrassment for you in that thread. The guy roasted the hell out of you and it was hard to argue with anything he said. But yes, you're entitled to your opinion. However, your post in this thread were about far more than women's sports. As far as keeping men out of women's sports, I tend to agree. However, individuals with DSD should absolutely be allowed as long as their testosterone is within the limits, which the two individuals in the Olympics were. That's an indisputable fact, period.

Moderators and above can opt to block people. It’s not against the rules. Posters can also block anyone they feel free… I opt not to but we’ve talked this enough. We will disagree

And that’s fine. Have a good weekend

My question is Why so much hate? When you watch kids do they vocalize political views? When you are in the stands at Clemson football and we score or have a great play, do we ask when we cheer or yell are your political views mine? No we just have a common goal have fun, play or whatever. I support Herbstreit but that does not mean anyone else has to. Yesterday I worship one God but that does not give me a platform to judge others nor should i because I fail everyday. Yes there are things I dont like to watch everyday but sometimes do them. Why is this website used for people to attack others. I think we come on her to hopefully find out where Clemson football is. Be kind and love unconditionally. We all have faults yet we all have such great things to offer the world. Blessings to all no matter what we individually believe. I hope you take this in the way it’s intended. Blessings to all of you and yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: ch_11
Kirk Herbstreit is so oppressed lol clearly his faith is holding him back

I don’t pretend to know the science of whether trans athletes have an advantage. On the surface, the thought of a biological male competing against females is absurd. Shouldn’t be allowed.

But please, let’s check the “oh no I’m a Christian and we are persecuted for everything” fallacy at the door.
On the surface?
So someone can be a they? As in multiple personalities…that’s a mental disorder
I learned in Brackett that gender dysphoria is the sickness these people have. Nothing more and nothing less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT