ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Poll: Who won the debate?

Set all bias aside. Who won the debate?

• Trump

• Harris

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think there's little doubt that Harris won it. When Foxnews is spreading it around that way, that's a pretty good indication. And when our own Senator Graham is saying it's a disaster (on Foxnews), that tells you what you need to know.

FWIW, I do think that there's some rightful debate on how big Harris's win was. My wife is a big supporter and she was basically doing a happy dance afterwards and checking behind Trump's podium for brown stains b/c he shit himself so badly.

Personally, I don't think it was that bad. Yes, Harris won (and I voted accordingly), but Trump said and did EXACTLY what everyone thought he would do. He got busted lying a couple of times, but what Trump supporter doesn't already know that he does this all the time. Thinking that is some sort of "win" for Harris is not accurate. Trump supporters don't care if he lies and I'm not sure anyone else does either. It's just what he does.

Anyway, as I said during the debate thread, that debate meant NOTHING. Almost everyone in the country has their minds made up one way or the other.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Harris won.

Not because she provided anything that will help the country, but she stuck right to her gameplan of avoiding real questions, along with frustrating Trump to make him look like the bad/mean guy they portray him as.

I don’t think sensible Americans will forget the economic reality they’re living in, come Nov.

Reactions: hopefultiger13
I didn't watch it,but I don't think there was anyone who claimed Biden win that one. Hence he dropped out of the race.
as with this race. Hell yea, she won it, hence the question to @nytigerfan

edit: I will say in a very one-sided environment, but DJT still fell for the traps that she was very well versed in, for sure.

Harris. It's embarrassing for Trump that he let someone like Harris completely out-maneuver him like that. To be running for president and lack the basic composure to navigate last night is really bad. I mean we know that's who he is, but that was rough to watch.

as with this race. Hell yea, she won it, hence the question to @nytigerfan

edit: I will say in a very one-sided environment, but DJT still fell for the traps that she was very well versed in, for sure.

Explain how it was one sided? What question wasn't fair?

Y'all keep saying it's wasn't fair, but other than him being fact checked on an obvious lie, what wasn't fair?

Explain how it was one sided? What question wasn't fair?

Y'all keep saying it's wasn't fair, but other than him being fact checked on an obvious lie, what wasn't fair?
The biggest loser in the first (and likely only) presidential debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Trump was ABC News, which hosted the faceoff. The moderators, David Muir and Linsey Davis, embarrassed themselves and their network by, among other things, fact-checking Trump in real time on more than one occasion – sometimes incorrectly – while allowing Harris to spout serial lies and distortions.

Social media blew up early on in the debate with commentators on the right, in particular, calling Tuesday night’s faceoff the worst and most one-sided debate in history.

Some of the non-truths Harris could (and should have been) fact-checked on:

1. Talking about Project 2025 as if it were Trump’s manifesto, and saying that he will pass a nationwide abortion ban

2. Dredging up Trump’s Charlottesville comment – that there were "very fine people on both sides" – which has been debunked

3. Saying Trump had overseen the worst unemployment since the Great Depression, which was caused by the pandemic

4. Saying Donald Trump has opposed IVF

5. Denying that Kamala Harris ever called for gun confiscation (there are videos of her doing just that)

6. Saying that Trump’s tax cuts only helped rich people

7. And my special bete noir – saying that she and Biden have "created" 800,000 manufacturing jobs, which is simply not true.

There were others. Harris lied about her record and about Trump’s and was not challenged on any of it.
Perhaps that was inevitable; the liberal media is in full panic mode now that Harris’ honeymoon appears to have faded and Trump has pulled even and, in some polls, moved back into the lead.
People want to know where she stands. Unfortunately, because she deflected on most of the questions and did not flesh out the very few policies she has offered, they still have very little idea of her views.

That should have been the job of the moderators, but they declined to do it. Instead, they allowed her to prattle on with Biden-like platitudes. Once again, a bitterly partisan candidate is promising to bring the country together. Remember that one?

Would you like more?

The biggest loser in the first (and likely only) presidential debate between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Trump was ABC News, which hosted the faceoff. The moderators, David Muir and Linsey Davis, embarrassed themselves and their network by, among other things, fact-checking Trump in real time on more than one occasion – sometimes incorrectly – while allowing Harris to spout serial lies and distortions.

Social media blew up early on in the debate with commentators on the right, in particular, calling Tuesday night’s faceoff the worst and most one-sided debate in history.

1. Talking about Project 2025 as if it were Trump’s manifesto, and saying that he will pass a nationwide abortion ban

2. Dredging up Trump’s Charlottesville comment – that there were "very fine people on both sides" – which has been debunked

3. Saying Trump had overseen the worst unemployment since the Great Depression, which was caused by the pandemic

5. Denying that Kamala Harris ever called for gun confiscation (there are videos of her doing just that)

7. And my special bete noir – saying that she and Biden have "created" 800,000 manufacturing jobs, which is simply not true.

There were others. Harris lied about her record and about Trump’s and was not challenged on any of it.
Perhaps that was inevitable; the liberal media is in full panic mode now that Harris’ honeymoon appears to have faded and Trump has pulled even and, in some polls, moved back into the lead.
People want to know where she stands. Unfortunately, because she deflected on most of the questions and did not flesh out the very few policies she has offered, they still have very little idea of her views.

That should have been the job of the moderators, but they declined to do it. Instead, they allowed her to prattle on with Biden-like platitudes. Once again, a bitterly partisan candidate is promising to bring the country together. Remember that one?

Would you like more?
Your level of delusion is remarkable.

Disclaimer: I'm a Democrat so I clearly have a bias here.

• I can't immediately think of a way in which Donald Trump outperformed Harris
    • Harris certainly avoided talking about late term abortions and the Afghanistan withdrawal but Trump did the same thing with his Obamacare replacement, January 6th, the border bill, and a federal abortion ban
    • I wish that as a country we actually wanted to have more policy discussion but we don't and the debate reflected that. I actually dislike some of the more populist policy proposals Harris has
  • Harris started a little slow but clearly found a groove in getting Donald Trump triggered
  • Harris clearly (at best) misled on several points
  • Donald Trump fabricated a lot more points
  • Trump being triggered and spending so much time vainly defending his crowd sizes instead of talking about anything that matters was a bad look
  • Trump's inability to say that he wanted Ukraine to win the war was pretty shocking. The moderators pitched a homerun question for him. He didn't even have to say that he didn't think we should be funding - just a yes or no on if he thought it would be best if Ukraine won. He refused to say so but did talk about the Russian lives lost. The only person I can think of who would be upset about Trump saying he wanted Ukraine to win is Putin and I'm running out of explanations for how he could be considering America's interests first here

All in all I think this was a great night for Harris for tipping people who are sincerely open minded about who they were voting for. I have no idea how many people that is.

Would you like more?
All correct.

Harris won.

Not because she provided anything that will help the country, but she stuck right to her gameplan of avoiding real questions, along with frustrating Trump to make him look like the bad/mean guy they portray him as.

I don’t think sensible Americans will forget the economic reality they’re living in, come Nov.
Kind of wild how easy it was for her to needle him and get him to rant. When they got to the topic of immigration, which should be a winning topic for him, all she had to do was say people were leaving his rallies early and he unraveled and completely forgot all of his immigration talking points.

There were posters on here defending him or saying he won?
Not sure. Either is laughable.

And last night was pretty much a draw. If you want to give a moral victory to Kamala I would accept that. Won't make a difference on who wins the election, but if it makes you feel good that is fine.

Trump ko'd Biden.

• Haha
Kind of wild how easy it was for her to needle him and get him to rant. When they got to the topic of immigration, which should be a winning topic for him, all she had to do was say people were leaving his rallies early and he unraveled and completely forgot all of his immigration talking points.
I agree with you here. It’s a shame vibes supersede policy in these debates.

Not sure. Either is laughable.

And last night was pretty much a draw. If you want to give a moral victory to Kamala I would accept that. Won't make a difference on who wins the election, but if it makes you feel good that is fine.

Trump ko'd Biden.
I don't remember anyone defending him overall, maybe pushing back on certain points/narratives, but my main point is I'm fairly sure no one said he won. Which is why you wouldn't put up a poll.

Set all bias aside. Who won the debate?
I think “won” is a relative term. Nobody really wins debates anymore. I think 95% of voters have already made up their mind, but there may very well be some undecideds in key states that could make a difference on election day.

I think that the majority of voters don’t really want Trump, but I also think there were voters who were very concerned about Biden and his increasing public blunders and the first debate really brought that to the forefront. I was concerned about Harris going in vs Trump because he’s just so good at coming off strong in those settings since he’s eschews all of the standard ‘rules” politicians go by in debates.

But she did a good job of staying on plan, staying poised, not getting lured into a tit for tat with him, and just setting out traps for him that he fell right into. In short, she let Trump bury himself and I think she came off as a stronger candidate.

I thought she did a much better job than Biden at avoiding weird back and forths with Trump (maybe she doesn’t play golf?) and of trying to express a positive vision for the country. You had one candidate saying “we need to move forward, not backwards, and I care about the voters” and another candidate saying “illegals are eating dogs and they’re forcing prisoners to get sex change operations.” So I think she did a much better job than Biden of painting a very clear difference between her and Trump.

I actually thought her line about if you go to his rallies “you won’t hear him talk about you” was a really good line.

Obviously not a lot of substantive policy discussion, but really when’s the last time we had a debate that actually focused on policy? This was just about staying poised, coming off as competent, and giving Trump enough rope to hang himself and I think Harris accomplished that.

Still, 2 months is an eternity in election politics and I think it would be very foolish of Democrats to just assume the win is in the bag, which is the mistake they made in 2016.

I agree with you here. It’s a shame vibes supersede policy in these debates.
I concur, though we’d very likely disagree strongly on who on in an actual policy debate.

Feels like its been YEARS since we’ve had a real, substantive debate on policy in a national election. We’ve seen candidates debate golf scores, debate the size of their hands, debate whether or not they drink water weirdly, whether or not they can walk down ramps, whether or not they’re actually billionaires, etc. But policy? Very little of that over the last decade.

I concur, though we’d very likely disagree strongly on who on in an actual policy debate.

Feels like it’s been YEARS since we’ve had a real, substantive debate on policy in a national election. We’ve seen candidates debate golf scores, debate the size of their hands, debate whether or not they drink water weirdly, whether or not they can walk down ramps, whether or not they’re actually billionaires, etc. But policy? Very little of that over the last decade.
Common ground for us, for certain.

Reactions: UrHuckleberry

Would you like more?
No we do not want more. Your whole argument became irrelevant when you stated that Charlottesville incident was false. The man clearly stated that "there were fine people on both sides". The whole world heard it loud and clear. Everything that Ms. Harris said was accurate.

No we do not want more. Your whole argument became irrelevant when you stated that Charlottesville incident was false. The man clearly stated that "there were fine people on both sides". The whole world heard it loud and clear. Everything that Ms. Harris said was accurate.

Full quote. Please note the bold part. This phrase has been twisted and used exhaustively as propaganda by the left. I understand that we have a ton of people not smart enough to understand that though.

"You also had some very fine people on both sides," Trump said in 2017. "You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. You had people -- and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists; they should be condemned totally -- you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

Full quote. Please note the bold part. This phrase has been twisted and used exhaustively as propaganda by the left. I understand that we have a ton of people not smart enough to understand that though.

"You also had some very fine people on both sides," Trump said in 2017. "You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. You had people -- and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists; they should be condemned totally -- you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

The trouble for Trump is he won't consistently decrythose types of groups. He tried to deny last night that he told the Proud Boys to Standdown and Standby, that's literally word for word what he said.

I agree Charlottesville was misleading, but he doesn't ever help himself with stuff that should be easy.

Trump came off more sane and polished than he does in his rallies where he slurs into the mic and spouts nonsense. That is about the only compliment I can give him.

It was unwise of him to reference crazy maga conspiracies from twatter like immigrants eating dogs. Most people have no idea what he was talking about. The only reason I knew is bc I read @fatpiggy crazy posts where he posts russain disinformation from twatter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT