ADVERTISEMENT

How did the world not stop with H1N1? 60M cases in US vs 4.5M Covid.

4toTampa

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2017
Nothing shut down. It was life as usual.

just protect the vulnerable and live life. It’s always been a survival of the fittest world.

Reactions: cu22.
Because it’s stupid. It needs to keep being brought up.

How did one virus with 55M more cases than this one not have anyone concerned about shutting down the country? Why are we in epic freak out mode today vs then?
Because H1N1 is 100 years older than COVID-19. Why don’t you ask XT his opinion on the subject?

Because H1N1 is 100 years older than COVID-19. Why don’t you ask XT his opinion on the subject?

lol so one guy in our entire football program caught it, is alive, and will still play football in the future.

You kinda proved his point...

lol so one guy in our entire football program caught it, is alive, and will still play football in the future.

No, I really didn’t but yours is the typical narrow minded response. He didn’t say shit about playing football or not. He asked why we didn’t shut the world down because of H1N1. Google “1919 Pandemic”, you dipshit. The world reacted totally differently to H1N1 when IT was a novel virus.

Reactions: marshmk

What rock have you been under? Probably 50% of the team has had it.

What rock have you been under? Probably 50% of the team has had it.

Asymptomatic. Again, thanks for helping prove the point that it’s not the ravaging virus that everyone first thought.

No, I really didn’t but yours is the typical narrow minded response. He didn’t say shit about playing football or not. He asked why we didn’t shut the world down because of H1N1. Google “1919 Pandemic”, you dipshit. The world reacted totally differently to H1N1 when IT was a novel virus.

Hah! Resorting to name calling? You’ve already lost the argument.

Hint about the 1919 pandemic... they still played sports.

And btw, I had the h1n1 when it popped on scene in 2009. That one was actually more severe for younger people because they didn’t have antibodies like the people over 60 did. It was the sickest I’ve ever been (I had mono as a kid). In bed for a week and couldn’t leave my house for another week afterwards.

Dipshit? I’d wager my intelligence is superior to yours, but that’s another discussion.

Reactions: Essolover4
Asymptomatic. Again, thanks for helping prove the point that it’s not the ravaging virus that everyone first thought.
Just pointing out your ignorant post stating that only one player got it. There's 165,000 people dead from it. Maybe not "ravaging", but since it has killed more than H1N1, Vietnam War, Korean War, WW1, Iraq War....I'm going to say it's pretty significant, you think?

Nothing shut down. It was life as usual.

just protect the vulnerable and live life. It’s always been a survival of the fittest world.
I can answer that...because Obama was President. The media and the Democrats loved him and allowed him to get away with everything. They hate Trump enough to destroy this Country!

Just pointing out your ignorant post stating that only one player got it. There's 165,000 people dead from it. Maybe not "ravaging", but since it has killed more than H1N1, Vietnam War, Korean War, WW1, Iraq War....I'm going to say it's pretty significant, you think?

You actually believe that 165k people have died from it? That’s cute.

You’re an engineer, your ability to discern bullshit statistics should be much better.

Half of those are from NY and NJ nursing homes. Stupid governors. But inflate the seriousness anyway.

Reactions: Essolover4
Hah! Resorting to name calling? You’ve already lost the argument.

Hint about the 1919 pandemic... they still played sports.

And btw, I had the h1n1 when it popped on scene in 2009. That one was actually more severe for younger people because they didn’t have antibodies like the people over 60 did. It was the sickest I’ve ever been (I had mono as a kid). In bed for a week and couldn’t leave my house for another week afterwards.

Dipshit? I’d wager my intelligence is superior to yours, but that’s another discussion.
So....12,469 Americans died from the 2009 H1N1 in one year, but yet it was more severe than one that has killed 165,000 in 5 months. Gotcha! Just so you know, 20% of the Covid-19 deaths were from people younger than 65. So, that's 165,000 x 0.2 = 33,000. 80% of H1N1 deaths were younger than 65, so that's 12,469 x 0.8 = 9975. You tell me which one is more severe.

Reactions: yoshi121374
You actually believe that 165k people have died from it? That’s cute.

You’re an engineer, your ability to discern bullshit statistics should be much better.
Actually, no, I believe there have been more than 165,000 die from Covid-19 based on studies from leading health officials and scientists. I know they're probably not as smart as people like yourself on a message board, but I'm going with their opinion. There were nearly 120,000 more deaths in Feb-May of this year than normal, and only 95,000 had been attributed to Covid-19. I feel pretty confident that many of those were also likely Covid-19. But don't believe me...check VCU and Yale studies. They're almost as good as data from Tigerillustrated braniacs

You don’t have to agree, I don’t really care. Facts are facts! If Trump would have give billions of dollars to Iran, y’all would lose your minds. If Trump would have allowed Benghazi to happen, doing nothing to protect American citizens, y’all would lose your minds. If Trump would have encouraged riots over a lie, y’all would lose your minds. So, LOL all you want to...have a good day!

Actually, no, I believe there have been more than 165,000 die from Covid-19 based on studies from leading health officials and scientists. I know they're probably not as smart as people like yourself on a message board, but I'm going with their opinion. There were nearly 120,000 more deaths in Feb-May of this year than normal, and only 95,000 had been attributed to Covid-19. I feel pretty confident that many of those were also likely Covid-19. But don't believe me...check VCU and Yale studies. They're almost as good as data from Tigerillustrated braniacs

I’d wager that I’m at least as intelligent as yourself, so let’s keep others out of it.

Your death rates is fake news...

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/04/...ts-so-great-whys-u-s-overall-death-rate-down/

I'm so tired of the conspiracy theory folks who keep ignoring facts and claiming this is all a NWO,Council of 300, libtard hoax. When did saying shit like that become mainstream and not something to ridicule? I guess when our president was literally the "crazy uncle" we all used to laugh at. Instead of rumor and innuendo, how about some actual facts that are from a legitimate source. I'm so tired of trying to debate and having people say things like, " you don't know what I know", or "you'll see" or something similar instead of responding with actual facts.

You don’t have to agree, I don’t really care. Facts are facts! If Trump would have give billions of dollars to Iran, y’all would lose your minds. If Trump would have allowed Benghazi to happen, doing nothing to protect American citizens, y’all would lose your minds. If Trump would have encouraged riots over a lie, y’all would lose your minds. So, LOL all you want to...have a good day!
Wrong guy pal
I'm just laughing
Pay attention to my post
I laugh at both sides
All politicians are crooked
Pick your poison brother
Oh by the way, Spot the damn ball. :cool:

Reactions: marshmk
I'm so tired of the conspiracy theory folks who keep ignoring facts and claiming this is all a NWO,Council of 300, libtard hoax. When did saying shit like that become mainstream and not something to ridicule? I guess when our president was literally the "crazy uncle" we all used to laugh at. Instead of rumor and innuendo, how about some actual facts that are from a legitimate source. I'm so tired of trying to debate and having people say things like, " you don't know what I know", or "you'll see" or something similar instead of responding with actual facts.
My new best friend
I love you man
No homo

I’d wager that I’m at least as intelligent as yourself, so let’s keep others out of it.

Your death rates is fake news...

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/04/...ts-so-great-whys-u-s-overall-death-rate-down/
So, your article from April claims deaths are down. First, i have seen NUMEROUS reports of exactly the opposite. But let's say your article is correct, do you know what the death total was in the US on the day that article was written? 62,000. We're 100,000 past that now in 3 months.

So, your article from April claims deaths are down. First, i have seen NUMEROUS reports of exactly the opposite. But let's say your article is correct, do you know what the death total was in the US on the day that article was written? 62,000. We're 100,000 past that now in 3 months.

lol

john-candy.gif

July 31st article below.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/was...hink-youre-correct-about-inflated-covid-death

“Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield acknowledged Friday that the number of COVID-19 deaths could be inflated where someone who had the virus actually died from something else, but it was recorded as a COVID death.”

And this:

““[Giroir] acknowledges that the statistics he’s getting from the states are inflated. We found that the governor of Colorado, who was a Democrat, actually did research on this and found he had to get rid of 12% of the deaths that were recorded in the state,” Luetkemeyer said.”

Why do you libs insist on name calling just because somebody disagrees with you? You all are so emotionally immature. It’s actually funny to observe except it’s a little disheartening to see so many that share the same quality.

lol

john-candy.gif

July 31st article below.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/was...hink-youre-correct-about-inflated-covid-death

“Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield acknowledged Friday that the number of COVID-19 deaths could be inflated where someone who had the virus actually died from something else, but it was recorded as a COVID death.”

And this:

““[Giroir] acknowledges that the statistics he’s getting from the states are inflated. We found that the governor of Colorado, who was a Democrat, actually did research on this and found he had to get rid of 12% of the deaths that were recorded in the state,” Luetkemeyer said.”
Only answer you need: "Under the skillful editorial stewardship of long-time conservative writer Terry Jeffrey, CNSNews has emerged as the conservative media’s linchpin for original reporting and breaking news. "

Why do you libs insist on name calling just because somebody disagrees with you? You all are so emotionally immature. It’s actually funny to observe except it’s a little disheartening to see so many that share the same quality.
Just referring to you as you suggested "smart guy". Do I need to read your comments back to you?

Just referring to you as you suggested "smart guy". Do I need to read your comments back to you?

Man you are being obtuse. Intentionally or not? What kind of engineering degree(s) did you get?

Yes, please read my post back to me where I suggested I be called “smart guy”.

Only answer you need: "Under the skillful editorial stewardship of long-time conservative writer Terry Jeffrey, CNSNews has emerged as the conservative media’s linchpin for original reporting and breaking news. "

Are you suggesting the quotes are made up?

Wrong guy pal
I'm just laughing
Pay attention to my post
I laugh at both sides
All politicians are crooked
Pick your poison brother
Oh by the way, Spot the damn ball. :cool:
Wrong guy pal.
I can tolerate both sides if they are honest
Agree on the politicians
And I agree...spot the ball!!

Reactions: cyclotiger
Man you are being obtuse. Intentionally or not? What kind of engineering degree(s) did you get?

Yes, please read my post back to me where I suggested I be called “smart guy”.
Here's a clip from your post: "I’d wager my intelligence is superior to yours"...hence you're the "smart guy"
Civil Engineering Degree
And, to answer your other post: I gave you four links with statistics backing the belief that Covid-19 deaths are being undercounted. You gave me an editorial with no facts. Just someone claiming 12% of deaths in one state should be removed...without ANY information/statistics to back up his claim.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Here's a clip from your post: "I’d wager my intelligence is superior to yours"...hence you're the "smart guy"
Civil Engineering Degree
And, to answer your other post: I gave you four links with statistics backing the belief that Covid-19 deaths are being undercounted. You gave me an editorial with no facts. Just someone claiming 12% of deaths in one state should be removed...without ANY information/statistics to back up his claim.

You’re being disingenuous. I only said that in response to your initial post insinuating I wasn’t a smart person.

As a fellow engineer, surely you know that those statistics can and are being (imo) manipulated. Also, stats are only as good as the information being used to compile them. I think GIGO applies in this case. Again, just my opinion.

And lastly, you have completely ignored the fact that the CDC director admitted that the number of cases could be inflated. I happen to think they are and I doubt either of us will change the other’s mind.

So, with all that said, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Reactions: wmnesbitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT