ADVERTISEMENT

How does the board feel about gender reveal parties?

You all must be men, I think it would be fun but not that way. Maybe the coloring in a cake or something similar than that. But the family would enjoy that too. See nothing wrong with it !

You can have the “fun” of watching a helicopter spew colored chalk over your fancy retention pond, I’ll take the real excitement of finding out when the OB pulls the kid out in the moment.

Hurts no one. If you don't like the idea, don't go.

I feel more or less the same way about Birthday Parties and any other Surprise Party. I feel worse about Costume Parties.

I used to really dislike Retirement Parties until a buddy retired and celebrated the event by renting a house in the Keys for a month and inviting a lot of friends down for a few days each to go deep sea fishing. I caught a huge Sail Fish and now I love well done Retirement Parties.

So it's blue for boy and pink for a girl - what are the colors for the other 37 genders?

Well, I'm always down for a party, but just looking back, it seems that my parents ruined my chances for a gender reveal when they told everyone I was a boy.

Seriously though... I have no problems with any of this sort of stuff. Is it silly? You bet. But it doesn't hurt anyone, so I have no problem with it. After all, most of us on here line up to watch a bunch of 18-22 year olds play with an inflated pig skin on Fall Saturdays and spend the rest of the year WISHING it was a Fall Saturday. Is that really any less silly? Rocks and glass houses....

Reactions: orangelvis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT