ADVERTISEMENT

Is McMaster's private school voucher bill good or bad for the state?

What problems do you see in public schools that you are trying to address and how are you trying to address them?

I have learned one thing about replying and start listing issues versus solutions on this site

That is a total waste of time and will accomplish nothing

And i accomplish results or get out

My time is too valuable to sit here and type with my fat fingers and try to explain myself as my records are on my main computer and not my phone

I am working with several organizations in the community and trying to develop a holistic overall plan

The report you want is being developed and vetted and tuned

However like the Deming Project it will be incrementally released to ease students back into
an old fashioned proven teaching methods

Got to go as I have meetings and just jump on here for the heck of it
Without fail, the stupidest people I encountered in my time at Clemson and later on into the workforce were graduates of private schools in South Carolina.

But hey, most of our private schools here were founded to “protect children from liberal indoctrination” coincidentally around the time that public schools were integrated.

Y’all can’t change your spots.

You my friend cannot read or write competently as the state has a chart you can call up EVERY SCHOOL IN SC and the private school rating for grade level competency as a group stomp the crap out of public schools.

Based on your illiteracy I would think that is not something you could read and understand. Go on the SC Education website and check it out I pointed the water out to you so now go drink if you got the guts to be educated

That’s 3. Try these to start but there’s more, with at least one in almost every county.

Beaufort Academy
Calhoun Academy
Charleston Collegiate School
Colleton Preparatory Academy
Hammond School
Hilton Head Preparatory School
Laurence Manning Academy
Lee Academy
Orangeburg Preparatory Schools
Wardlaw Academy
Thomas Heyward Academy

FFS, Tom Turnipseed, the founder of the SCISA admitted that the whole organization was started for the primary purpose of legitimizing segregated private schools.

Up North private schools dominate the public

Check that out too

Lots of big Catholic private schools

I have learned one thing about replying and start listing issues versus solutions on this site

My time is too valuable to sit here and type with my fat fingers and try to explain myself as my records are on my main computer and not my phone

I am working with several organizations in the community and trying to develop a holistic overall plan

However like the Deming Project it will be incrementally released to ease students back into

You my friend cannot read or write competently as the state has a chart you can call up EVERY SCHOOL IN SC and the private school rating for grade level competency as a group stomp the crap out of public schools.

Based on your illiteracy I would think that is not something you could read and understand. Go on the SC Education website and check it out I pointed the water out to you so now go drink if you got the guts to be educated
SC Public education here and a 790 on the verbal section of the old SAT. Don’t worry about my literacy, but if you want to DM me we can compare our W2’s.

All I’m saying is that the only person I knew at Clemson who needed 17 semesters to get through the second semester of business calculus graduated from OC Prep and I’ve not met a single person who went to Wardlaw that I’d trust to give me change for a $20.

Reactions: yoshi121374

If you had time to defend your inability to articulate your argument, with a mind numbing argument about your feelings... then you had time to make your case and you failed terribly. I'm not sure you are a serious person.

Reactions: dpic73
SC Public education here and a 790 on the verbal section of the old SAT. Don’t worry about my literacy, but if you want to DM me we can compare our W2’s.

All I’m saying is that the only person I knew at Clemson who needed 17 semesters to get through the second semester of business calculus graduated from OC Prep and I’ve not met a single person who went to Wardlaw that I’d trust to give me change for a $20.
Weird flex but I’ll allow. Let’s see where this goes

Hmm. The major private schools here were founded in the late 1800s to early 1900s. Bishop England, Porter-Gaud, Ashley Hall.

Brown v. Board of Education was 1954.

How does that timeline tie off to your comment?
What else happened in the late 1800s that would lead to the creation of private schools in the south?

Why don't you vote? Hard to be taken seriously if you don't have at least some vested interest.
I hate career politicians and the government is going to do what it wants. Stay focused on your kingdom and build your empire has always been my mantra. I just like to get other's opinions on different topics.

Florida law prohibits discussion of gender ideology and sexual topics in schools. The book isn't banned in Duval County. I just looked up the nearest Barnes and Noble in Duval County and a majority of those books listed are available for pickup. So if a parent wants their child to exposed to that content it should be up to the parent and not the school. The school should focus on more on child education instead of parenting.

Again, that's one example, not endemic of the whole system.

Also @palmetto tiger is batshit crazy so not sure thats the dude you want to be connected with.

BATSHIT CRAZY

Just so you know I would like to give you an opportunity to show me reasonable sensible solutions to problems.

Your strategy like all of that left is name calling without solutions.

Grow up between the ears and you will be doing yourself a huge service.

Is this the stuff you're fighting?

Actually Mr. Mundo the problem I want to address is a short term that results in long term problems. Student literacy. The average student in South Carolina particularly in districts with large black student populations are not practicing agency but more along the lines of social justice or equity in many cases. What is occurring is the average student cannot read write or function at their grade level standard. Most school districts clam up and don't want a conversation on poor results. If you get on GOOGLE and type in for example school districts that do not meet grade standards you will see a wad of Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago , Los Angeles and the list goes on with the majority of black districts being deficient.

The funny part of the equation is that there is a huge group NOT wanting black or white literacy. You can sense it when meeting with people.

The typical Democratic leftist politician wants "dumb be under my thumb and live in the slum".

If money fixed problems the Democratic Party would be Champions of the World.

What the programs are doing is to insure ignorance and poverty among many parts of society. In meetings and when meeting people and having discussions you discover that people live in fear of not getting the handout.

Get an education and you can conquer the world.

This White Supremecist ( JOKE BECAUSE ALL CONSERVATIVE WHITE PEOPLE GET THAT LABEL FROM THE LEFT) is targeting people of all races at the moment in some small communities to work at the literacy issue along with trying to rebuild the concept of nuclear families and community unity.

Most people will not even have the simplest ability to understand what I am talking about,

That is what I am trying to help make life better in America following that concept.

The bad part of this is the life cycle is not month and years , but many years and can span a generation.

If you uneducated when you are 4 to 12 years old, you will probably be ignorance from 70 to 82 YO. That can be a 70 year span so you get the problem. The US needs an immediate epiphany to resolve this mess.

I hate career politicians and the government is going to do what it wants. Stay focused on your kingdom and build your empire has always been my mantra. I just like to get other's opinions on different topics.

Wanted to add to the conversation that i am building a journal and considering writing a book to publish on the subjects I speak about. It would be difficult to read as facts can end up being like molasses to read. LOL

• Haha
Again, that's one example, not endemic of the whole system.

Also @palmetto tiger is batshit crazy so not sure thats the dude you want to be connected with.

Just to let you know your invitation to be a judge with the Southern BBQ, Moonshine and Cheerleader Dance party held yearly at my spread has been rescinded.

44th Place – South Carolina​

Coming in at 44th place in a list of 50 might not seem like much of an achievement, but for South Carolina, it’s something to be proud of. In 2019 the state was ranked the worst for education by the US News and World Report, and the same year, WalletHub ranked it 49th place for teachers.

The ranking can be attributed to low scores across a wide range of measurements. South Carolina ranks well below the national average for preschool enrolment, math test scores, reading test scores, college readiness, and two-year college graduation rates. Things don't always go south, as you're about to see.

Florida law prohibits discussion of gender ideology and sexual topics in schools. The book isn't banned in Duval County. I just looked up the nearest Barnes and Noble in Duval County and a majority of those books listed are available for pickup. So if a parent wants their child to exposed to that content it should be up to the parent and not the school. The school should focus on more on child education instead of parenting.

So one parent not liking a book gets it removed, so now all children no longer have access to it?

You do realize that many children do not have the money, or the access to buy books at B&L right?

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny Mundo
Parents know what is best for their kid's not school districts or teachers .. S.C. school's are ranked 46 overall ... Sad

I am thankful my two kids were able to attended high school in School district 1 in Anderson County . Class of 1997 & 1999. Both went on to college oldest Methodist College , youngest Clemson.

Anderson 01 School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 82 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-2021 school year.

My wife in a teacher in ASD1 and they are exceptional. Public school can be excellent.

Up North private schools dominate the public

Check that out too

Lots of big Catholic private schools
As far as sports go then yes simply for the fact that catholic schools can take an athlete from anywhere were the public school can only take someone from their town.

My wife in a teacher in ASD1 and they are exceptional. Public school can be excellent.

Yea SC schools can be good. My oldest goes to belle hall elementary and it’s been great. The statewide averages are pulled down dramatically by the poor performing schools, which are typically in more impoverished areas of the state.

School quality seems to have more to do with the parents in the area than anything else. Involved, responsible, successful parents will probably lead to a pretty good school.

Yea SC schools can be good. My oldest goes to belle hall elementary and it’s been great. The statewide averages are pulled down dramatically by the poor performing schools, which are typically in more impoverished areas of the state.

School quality seems to have more to do with the parents in the area than anything else. Involved, responsible, successful parents will probably lead to a pretty good school.
Don't forget the teachers and administration having something to do with school quality as well. It's probably the most important factor.

True, but honestly Anderson 1 and particularly the schools on the end of the district that my wife teaches at are not at all well off. My wife's school has over 75% of the students on free lunch. It is a Title One school, and has a very,very low percentage of the students from a two parent hone, with more than half not having either parent in the home. The biggest difference at this school is they really focus on the relationship with the kids. The kids really want to do well for the school and the teachers who they know genuinely care about them.

I have been in the school in the morning with my wife as she greets the kids as they come in. The kids are so desperate and hungry for affection,consistency,and belonging. I know how dedicated these teachers are, and how much they give to "their" kids.

I know that I am probably overly sensitive to criticism of schools and teachers, but it is so hard to listen or read some of the drivel about teachers from uneducated, and completely ignorant people who have no freaking idea what teachers do, and how freaking terrible so many parents are.

True, but honestly Anderson 1 and particularly the schools on the end of the district that my wife teaches at are not at all well off. My wife's school has over 75% of the students on free lunch. It is a Title One school, and has a very,very low percentage of the students from a two parent hone, with more than half not having either parent in the home. The biggest difference at this school is they really focus on the relationship with the kids. The kids really want to do well for the school and the teachers who they know genuinely care about them.

I have been in the school in the morning with my wife as she greets the kids as they come in. The kids are so desperate and hungry for affection,consistency,and belonging. I know how dedicated these teachers are, and how much they give to "their" kids.

I know that I am probably overly sensitive to criticism of schools and teachers, but it is so hard to listen or read some of the drivel about teachers from uneducated, and completely ignorant people who have no freaking idea what teachers do, and how freaking terrible so many parents are.
YUP!!! My daughter is a teacher in Piedmont and deals with the same. She really cares about them and the kids all know that.

Don't forget the teachers and administration having something to do with school quality as well. It's probably the most important factor.

Fair points and good to hear. My mom was a public school teacher and we've had a good experience so far in public school (only 1 year though), so I'm not as sour on teachers and the school system in SC as others.

Fair points and good to hear. My mom was a public school teacher and we've had a good experience so far in public school (only 1 year though), so I'm not as sour on teachers and the school system in SC as others.
My wife taught for 38 years in one of the best public schools in Mass.

Honestly, it's probably too deep of a topic to get into on here, but SC education isn't as bad as reported. States don't use the same tests for assessing success so comparing state to state is frankly impossible. What is true is that students learn far more,far faster than any of us did.

I tell my wife daily as a joke when she is leaving for work ," Have a great day, don't kill any kids". Her response is always ," The kids are easy, the parent are who you want to kill"

Uneducated and politically motivated parents are causing huge problems in Education. We now have groups of idiot parents scouring Teachers Social Media accounts to find "questionable" personal comments and then harassing them and trying to get them fired. Take what some of the morons on here are posting and weaponized it. It's so tough to be a teacher, and the pressure and attacks are insane. All they are trying to do is help kids and do their jobs. Most of them are every bit as conservative as others in South Carolina,and they are being demonized and accused of indoctrination. It's no surprise that we are having a huge Teacher shortage across the state and country.

Less teachers mean larger class sizes, which generally leads to lower performance

• Sad
Honestly, it's probably too deep of a topic to get into on here, but SC education isn't as bad as reported. States don't use the same tests for assessing success so comparing state to state is frankly impossible. What is true is that students learn far more,far faster than any of us did.

I tell my wife daily as a joke when she is leaving for work ," Have a great day, don't kill any kids". Her response is always ," The kids are easy, the parent are who you want to kill"

Uneducated and politically motivated parents are causing huge problems in Education. We now have groups of idiot parents scouring Teachers Social Media accounts to find "questionable" personal comments and then harassing them and trying to get them fired. Take what some of the morons on here are posting and weaponized it. It's so tough to be a teacher, and the pressure and attacks are insane. All they are trying to do is help kids and do their jobs. Most of them are every bit as conservative as others in South Carolina,and they are being demonized and accused of indoctrination. It's no surprise that we are having a huge Teacher shortage across the state and country.

Less teachers mean larger class sizes, which generally leads to lower performance
On top of that all the college training doesn't completely prepare for that moment when you have your first class on your first day as a teacher and now you're expected to keep 20+ kids attention for an extended length of time. It certainly isn't easy.

On top of that all the college training doesn't completely prepare for that moment when you have your first class on your first day as a teacher and now you're expected to keep 20+ kids attention for an extended length of time. It certainly isn't easy.

My wife is actually transitioning to being the Behavior Specialist for the district. A lot of her focus is going to be induction teachers and classroom management.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT