ADVERTISEMENT

Is the race card being over played?

ELR1981

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2012
Nothing to do with celebrity protest or protest in general, and definitely not things we surely don't witness first hand! This is a personal experience. I went to work as usual Wednesday morning and after our campfire meeting with the supervisor to start the day, afterward as we were getting our work gear to start the day. In an obvious public conversation, two African Americans, I'll call one W and the other J, were obviously talking about the other's employment situation with our company. I don't know if their was some kind of heads up for a later meeting with J, he gets canned. They fired him that afternoon. But, J makes a statement as we are getting our gear that morning, "I tried to dye my skin a lighter color this morning". W was like man don't go there, if they let you go you know why. J is constantly late, failed to show up on most our blackout Saturday's, basically had to be there days. He don't drive. A guy J was riding with, who has since moved to another department and different hours once was talking in the break room, as J's constant absence was made conversation at this time when they were still riding together. The guy he rode with was like I've tried to talk to him, J drinks so much. He was like you pull up to get him and it takes forever to get J in the car. He has been riding with someone else and sure enough. They have been late every day this week and other times. They walk in these meetings 1-10 minutes late. They give an early 5 minute grace period and the meeting starts at the top of the hour. I believe if you're 5 minutes early, you're cutting at being late. These were all African Americans involved. I'm glad some see bad and hard decisions are sometimes seen as a persons fault and not the man out to get you. Trust me, J should have been gone. Our company tried, he didn't care. Sometimes it's not your color, your religion, or anything other than your attitude about what's right and what's wrong!

tenor.gif

Reactions: metiger01 and 4cu
Nothing to do with celebrity protest or protest in general, and definitely not things we surely don't witness first hand! This is a personal experience. I went to work as usual Wednesday morning and after our campfire meeting with the supervisor to start the day, afterward as we were getting our work gear to start the day. In an obvious public conversation, two African Americans, I'll call one W and the other J, were obviously talking about the other's employment situation with our company. I don't know if their was some kind of heads up for a later meeting with J, he gets canned. They fired him that afternoon. But, J makes a statement as we are getting our gear that morning, "I tried to dye my skin a lighter color this morning". W was like man don't go there, if they let you go you know why. J is constantly late, failed to show up on most our blackout Saturday's, basically had to be there days. He don't drive. A guy J was riding with, who has since moved to another department and different hours once was talking in the break room, as J's constant absence was made conversation at this time when they were still riding together. The guy he rode with was like I've tried to talk to him, J drinks so much. He was like you pull up to get him and it takes forever to get J in the car. He has been riding with someone else and sure enough. They have been late every day this week and other times. They walk in these meetings 1-10 minutes late. They give an early 5 minute grace period and the meeting starts at the top of the hour. I believe if you're 5 minutes early, you're cutting at being late. These were all African Americans involved. I'm glad some see bad and hard decisions are sometimes seen as a persons fault and not the man out to get you. Trust me, J should have been gone. Our company tried, he didn't care. Sometimes it's not your color, your religion, or anything other than your attitude about what's right and what's wrong!
xR505FA.gif

29415_rozkladany-stol.gif

Also, not for nothing...

par·a·graph

ˈperəˌɡraf/
noun
plural noun: paragraphs
  1. 1.
    a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
    synonyms: section, subdivision, part, subsection, division, portion, segment, passage More..

Can't believe the hate. Is it because I'm sharing an honest story? Or my take on it?

And you think this is the appropriate forum to have a civil discourse over one of the most taboo topics in our country?
Why not? Everybody else does over greater forums than this. Like ESPN SPORTS shows, that shouldn't be politics and racial injustice shows. These are televised. Thought I would share my story.

My parents always told me there is a time and place for everything. You missed both. Not the time. Not the place. Not even about Clemson sports.

Poor J. He’s been outed.

B87F64D8_0DD2_4647_AAAD_229D53891E8C.1509066047.jpeg
Cool story my older brother and his fiancee at the time drove up there to see him in his last game. That was my brothers hero. He didn't have jumps or flow like him, but he could shoot. My brother had an early childhood hip disease and had to wear braces for a while, like the ones worn in forrest gump. His hips wouldn't allow him to keep playing beyond his junior year in high school. He's a pastor now.

My parents always told me there is a time and place for everything. You missed both. Not the time. Not the place. Not even about Clemson sports.
Your first time viewing the board huh?

Video of J at campfire meeting
giphy.gif

29415_rozkladany-stol.gif

Also, not for nothing...

par·a·graph

ˈperəˌɡraf/
noun
plural noun: paragraphs
  1. 1.
    a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
    synonyms: section, subdivision, part, subsection, division, portion, segment, passage More..

I take it you was able to read it and understand it or no? Who cares about being perfect in writing, when there are bigger problems. We have people that are wrong and being labeled as great people, not doing anything wrong. If I even question an officer before he speaks to me it is a sign of guilt. Grow up.

I take it you was able to read it and understand it or no? Who cares about being perfect in writing, when there are bigger problems. We have people that are wrong and being labeled as great people, not doing anything wrong. If I even question an officer before he speaks to me it is a sign of guilt. Grow up.

Dude. Shut the hell up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT