ADVERTISEMENT

Is the race card being over played?

I take it you was able to read it and understand it or no? Who cares about being perfect in writing, when there are bigger problems. We have people that are wrong and being labeled as great people, not doing anything wrong. If I even question an officer before he speaks to me it is a sign of guilt. Grow up.

My apologies if you were offended by my response, but seriously, this is a topic far better served in another setting. The Round Table offers just that.

It's not that your point was necessarily invalid, just poorly constructed and in the wrong place.

This is a messaging forum for sports, or more specifically, Clemson sports. Either way, sports is an area, that while racial differences are still ever-present, we (all races) are generally united in our passion for the sport and our team. Brings us closer, while so many seek to divide us. I embrace that.

Sorry for the rant. Stepping down from soapbox now....

Reactions: Dackel
I take it you was able to read it and understand it or no? Who cares about being perfect in writing, when there are bigger problems. We have people that are wrong and being labeled as great people, not doing anything wrong. If I even question an officer before he speaks to me it is a sign of guilt. Grow up.

People weren't able to read it and understand. This reply also doesn't make a great deal of sense.

We noticed.
What do you think of my post? Stop thinking about the outside influence. It was personal, but could this be a bigger issue nationally? Maybe part of our problem? I mean when you can spill hot coffee on you and sue the company for selling hot coffee to you. That's bad. When you can cause an uproar about being questioned because of your race and not your character and work ethic it shows this country is only going south.

What do you think of my post? Stop thinking about the outside influence. It was personal, but could this be a bigger issue nationally? Maybe part of our problem? I mean when you can spill hot coffee on you and sue the company for selling hot coffee to you. That's bad. When you can cause an uproar about being questioned because of your race and not your character and work ethic it shows this country is only going south.

Wait wait... someone who was fired took it personally and didn't blame the person who was objectively at fault? And this is a new problem (and maybe specific to black folks)?

My apologies if you were offended by my response, but seriously, this is a topic far better served in another setting. The Round Table offers just that.

It's not that your point was necessarily invalid, just poorly constructed and in the wrong place.

This is a messaging forum for sports, or more specifically, Clemson sports. Either way, sports is an area, that while racial differences are still ever-present, we (all races) are generally united in our passion for the sport and our team. Brings us closer, while so many seek to divide us. I embrace that.

Sorry for the rant. Stepping down from soapbox now....
Understood. Wasn't familiar with the round table. Guess that's where I see some go haha. Just never looked around and figured where to post certain thoughts.

Reactions: Clem'sSon
Wait wait... someone who was fired took it personally and didn't blame the person who was objectively at fault? And this is a new problem (and maybe specific to black folks)?
No, this applies to any idiot that allows stupidity from doing their job. A guy a grew up with was suppossedly fired because he had long hair, he was a drunk, so of course that wasn't the case. Just think the race card is being played more than what you do and don't do, regardless of race you're right or wrong.

It's an issue don't take it so lightly. Just thought I would share a personal experience. It's a country of chances and not expectations from the politicians to the idiots hired in the lowest of jobs. Nobody lives, thinks, or works unto the Lord anymore. I got to get up at 4:30 in the morning y'all have a good night.

No, this applies to any idiot that allows stupidity from doing their job. A guy a grew up with was suppossedly fired because he had long hair, he was a drunk, so of course that wasn't the case. Just think the race card is being played more than what you do and don't do, regardless of race you're right or wrong.

Your perception is absolutely skewed. The literal notion that, more often than not, when black people are fired, they "play the race card" is preposterous and not based in any sort of objective reality.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the government organization which oversees "adjudicating" discrimination based employment claims keeps stats on the types of claims that are filed each year. Would is surprise you to know that Race, Sex, Age, and Retaliation each made up similar percentages of the claims? See for yourself

Your anecdotal evidence and understanding from whatever source of news you choose is simply wrong. People don't "play" the race card anymore than they "play the age card" or "play the sex card" or "play the retaliation card". And of course, this is certainly not a new phenomenon, in fact, total claims are at a 10 year low, and race based claims at at an 11 year low.

Your perception is absolutely skewed. The literal notion that, more often than not, when black people are fired, they "play the race card" is preposterous and not based in any sort of objective reality.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the government organization which oversees "adjudicating" discrimination based employment claims keeps stats on the types of claims that are filed each year. Would is surprise you to know that Race, Sex, Age, and Retaliation each made up similar percentages of the claims? See for yourself

Your anecdotal evidence and understanding from whatever source of news you choose is simply wrong. People don't "play" the race card anymore than they "play the age card" or "play the sex card" or "play the retaliation card". And of course, this is certainly not a new phenomenon, in fact, total claims are at a 10 year low, and race based claims at at an 11 year low.
This case wasn't documented! So it's not in your online search. Sure there are many more like this. It's not a big time money issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT