ADVERTISEMENT

Journalist Tucker Carlson interviews Russian President Valdimir Putin

fatpiggy

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2002
Tucker basically says that as Americans we are born with the right to say what we like and that right can't be taken away no matter who is in the White House. He interviewed Putin because he loves America and wants to see it remain prosperous and free. Americans deserve to hear from Putin and then they can make a decision about the war for themselves.

Last edited:
Tucker basically says that as Americans we are born with the right to say what we like and that right can't be taken away no matter who is in the White House. He interviewed Putin because he loves America and wants to see it remain prosperous and free. Americans deserve to hear from Putin and then they can make a decision about the war for themselves.

“Journalist”. I laughed.

Next you’re going to post support for hamas

A lot of people have interviewed Putin. 60 minutes, Barbara Walters, little Jen Psaki. Megan Kelly. The left has told their sheep to be outraged about it.
Was that before or after he killed hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed a huge chunk of the infrastucture in a sovereign country, who didn't threaten them in any way - an ally of ours no less?

I've heard the lies he's told about it and I'm quite sure Tucker won't hold his feet to the fire. Are you suggesting there's a legitimate reason to destroy another country that isn't directly threatening them?
And where did you hear these "lies?" CNN? The New York Times? Or was it MSNBC? Fanni Willis?

Don't you think it would be a good idea to hear from the man himself? Unfiltered and unedited?

And where did you hear these "lies?" CNN? The New York Times? Or was it MSNBC? Fanni Willis?

Don't you think it would be a good idea to hear from the man himself? Unfiltered and unedited?
If those were my only sources, they would be infinitely better than the yellow journalism you wallow in. Speaking of CNN, here's a video of him, in his OWN WORDS, explaining why he invaded. In other words, I didn't need Fani Willis to tell me.

You realize nothing Putin says can be trusted? He lies constantly and spreads BS. He is literally former KGB and has had political enemies killed. He does not deserve attention at all.

If those were my only sources, they would be infinitely better than the yellow journalism you wallow in. Speaking of CNN, here's a video of him, in his OWN WORDS, explaining why he invaded. In other words, I didn't need Fani Willis to tell me.

So you capitalize and YELL at everyone that this is not a slanted piece and it is Putins OWN WORDS. That video is 2:41 seconds long of which :18 seconds are of Putin speaking.

Are Americans foolish enough to think that :18 seconds of a Presidents words are enough to form an opinion and drag our country into a war? We are only willing to listen to :18 seconds?

And the fact that you can't tell that piece by CNN is not heavily slanted is curious to me. CNN selected :18 seconds of his words and they happen to contain the words NAZI in them. I mean the gullible just eat that crap hook line and sinker.

I for one, look forward to hearing what Putin has to say and will reserve further judgement until we hear the interview.

Hey Fanboy. Views aren't the same as viewers watching your show. This has been explained to you ad nauseum, but you continue to felate Tucker Carlson.

Honest question since you've asked me, what is your work and education background?
Clemson Finance.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
So you capitalize and YELL at everyone that this is not a slanted piece and it is Putins OWN WORDS. That video is 2:41 seconds long of which :18 seconds are of Putin speaking.

Are Americans foolish enough to think that :18 seconds of a Presidents words are enough to form an opinion and drag our country into a war? We are only willing to listen to :18 seconds?

And the fact that you can't tell that that piece by CNN is not heavily slanted is curious to me. CNN selected :18 seconds of his words and they happen to contain the words NAZI in them. I mean the gullible just eat that crap hook line and sinker.

I for one, look forward to hearing what Putin has to say and will reserve further judgement until we hear the interview.

Again, your comprehension skills are not computing. I said I would reserve judgement until we heard the interview. I am not siding with anyone.

Seems as if you take a different approach and have forgone conclusions based on what CNN tells you think. That is your prerogative (for now at least), we live in America.

Again, your comprehension skills are not computing. I said I would reserve judgement until we heard the interview. I am not siding with anyone.

Seems as if you take a different approach and have forgone conclusions based on what CNN tells you think. That is your prerogative (for now at least), we live in America.
It's easy to determine right from wrong if you're open to it. It's not easy if your only interest is in appeasing Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Clemson Goat

What do you need to make a judgement? He's a goon whonhas killed his rivals and invaded sovereign countries. That's facts and should make you not want to give him any support.

Reactions: dpic73
It's easy to determine right from wrong if you're open to it. It's not easy if your only interest is in appeasing Trump.

So a war between Russian and Ukraine started while Biden was President and you somehow make the logical jump to Trump. This is not good logic and not normal. It's going to be a long 7 months if the only counter argument to anything is "Trump."

What do you need to make a judgement? He's a goon whonhas killed his rivals and invaded sovereign countries. That's facts and should make you not want to give him any support.
Thats rich.

Has our Government killed anyone? The answer to that is yes. Has our country invaded Sovereign countries? Lets try to stay logically consistent here.

So a war between Russian and Ukraine started while Biden was President and you somehow make the logical jump to Trump. This is not good logic and not normal. It's going to be a long 7 months if the only counter argument to anything is "Trump."
Dude, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck so you can't fool me with your re-directions.

We wouldn't be talking about Tucker's interview with Putin nor would we be talking about Republican resistance to funding Ukraine if it weren't for Trump's man-love for Putey and you know it.

• Haha
Reactions: Clemson Goat
Dude, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck so you can't fool me with your re-directions.

We wouldn't be talking about Tucker's interview with Putin nor would we be talking about Republican resistance to funding Ukraine if it weren't for Trump's man-love for Putey and you know it.
I agree we wouldn’t be talking about it because Putin respected Trump and Trump does not exude weakness like Biden. Putin would never have invaded if our President wasn’t so weak.

The babies on the left are just mad because it's Tucker Carlson. It will be an interesting interview.
Can you imagine if it was KJP?

The media would be fawning over the first Black lesbian to interview a wartime President. Her courageous voyage into enemy territory might thaw relations and lead to a long last peace deal.

Instead, they don’t even want to hear directly from the person that is causing our citizens to be fleeced to the tune of a few hundred billion dollars.

They just want you to sit down, shut up, and listen to what CNN tells you.

this will be a puff piece where Tucker offers zero pushback and id be shocked if Putin didn’t already have the questions and potential rebuttals beforehand.

Thinking this is anything other than an attempt to amplify a dictators lies is incredibly naive.

It’s also no surprise he’s going direct to the maga mouthpiece, since those dullards are the only ones who fall for stupid stunts like these.

this will be a puff piece where Tucker offers zero pushback and id be shocked if Putin didn’t already have the questions and potential rebuttals beforehand.

Thinking this is anything other than an attempt to amplify a dictators lies is incredibly naive.

It’s also no surprise he’s going direct to the maga mouthpiece, since those dullards are the only ones who fall for stupid stunts like these.
So no matter what he says, you are gonna ride with CNN?

You aren’t even going to hear him out? Seems rational.

Serious question, are journalists supposed to push back? Or are they supposed to report the news?

Report the news, let Putin be heard, let the American people decide for themselves.

Or should we just sit down, shut up, and listen to what CNN tells us to think ?

Serious question, are journalists supposed to push back? Or are they supposed to report the news?

Report the news, let Putin be heard, let the American people decide for themselves.

I don't know, or care, what CNN has to say about Putin. I'm basing it all on Putin's history thus far in the public eye. He's a notorious liar, murderer, and former KGB agent. He's not going to agree to something like this without an ulterior motive (sowing discord in the US.) I have no desire to listen to Putin deliver some manufactured interview while Tucker stares blankly at the screen with that look of "who just farted?" plastered across his face.

To answer your question, reporters are supposed to push back against obvious untruths, and report the news without bias. Well, at least that's what reporters were supposed to do before they realized that there's more money/exposure to be made pandering to either side. Tucker is going to lob him softballs and sit back and offer zero pushback, and what pushback that Putin will allow, if any, will be predetermined.

I will absolutely watch the interview and hope there will be substance to come out of it. However, it’s tucker Carlson’s cry baby ass so I’m not expecting much. Carlson is just as bad as Psaki only the crazy right eats from his hands because of the Trump loyalty

RFK representing rational democrats

Was that before or after he killed hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed a huge chunk of the infrastucture in a sovereign country, who didn't threaten them in any way - an ally of ours no less?

Will Tucker ask him tough questions about the utter destruction he's caused?

Alright, here’s my take on this. I think that any true journalist would and should jump on the chance to interview Putin. Tucker isn’t wrong in his intro regarding the Ukraine war’s significance. It is possible that Putin goes down in history as the man who started world war 3. In any circumstance, Putin will be viewed as an extremely significant figure and just because a figure is controversial doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be interviewed. Journalists have a long history of interviewing criminals and dictators and terrorists, etc in the name of attempting to provide context or information and understanding of those people and who they are and especially in the case of political figures, get them on record.

The issue here is that Tucker Carlson isn‘t a journalist, he’s an entertainer. He’s an entertainer with an extremely clear bias politically and there’s little question that there’s a very obvious reason why Putin would choose him to be the “journalist” he sits down with. We’ll see what comes out of it, but this likely stands to be a puff piece that heavily favors Putin’s version of events, which we already know will be replete with lies and misinformation.

While it would be very difficult (and probably dangerous) for any journalist to hold Putin’s feet to the fire in the interview setting itself and say “no you’re lying and here’s why” and challenge him directly, you’d typically see that built into the story. Presenting the subject’s words and then providing evidence for why what they’re saying rings true or untrue, and skilled journalists can certainly ask questions that challenge the subject’s narrative without being directly confrontational.

Its doubtful we’ll see even that level of push back from Tucker on this. It seems highly likely he will present present Putin’s version as the truth and nothing but, and will lean into the misinformation to make Putin’s words look stronger. I also strongly doubt there will be any questions that challenge him even gently, and I’d go so far as to bet that the questions Tucker asks have already been heavily vetted by Putin and perhaps even provided to Carlson by Putin directly.

Alright, here’s my take on this. I think that any true journalist would and should jump on the chance to interview Putin. Tucker isn’t wrong in his intro regarding the Ukraine war’s significance. It is possible that Putin goes down in history as the man who started world war 3. In any circumstance, Putin will be viewed as an extremely significant figure and just because a figure is controversial doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be interviewed. Journalists have a long history of interviewing criminals and dictators and terrorists, etc in the name of attempting to provide context or information and understanding of those people and who they are and especially in the case of political figures, get them on record.

The issue here is that Tucker Carlson isn‘t a journalist, he’s an entertainer. He’s an entertainer with an extremely clear bias politically and there’s little question that there’s a very obvious reason why Putin would choose him to be the “journalist” he sits down with. We’ll see what comes out of it, but this likely stands to be a puff piece that heavily favors Putin’s version of events, which we already know will be replete with lies and misinformation.

While it would be very difficult (and probably dangerous) for any journalist to hold Putin’s feet to the fire in the interview setting itself and say “no you’re lying and here’s why” and challenge him directly, you’d typically see that built into the story. Presenting the subject’s words and then providing evidence for why what they’re saying rings true or untrue, and skilled journalists can certainly ask questions that challenge the subject’s narrative without being directly confrontational.

Its doubtful we’ll see even that level of push back from Tucker on this. It seems highly likely he will present present Putin’s version as the truth and nothing but, and will lean into the misinformation to make Putin’s words look stronger. I also strongly doubt there will be any questions that challenge him even gently, and I’d go so far as to bet that the questions Tucker asks have already been heavily vetted by Putin and perhaps even provided to Carlson by Putin directly.
Tucker Carlson is as big a journalist as anyone out there. Ridiculous to say he is not a journalist.

Journalist, “someone who prepare news to be broadcast.” What the Russian President has to say is news and Tucker is going to broadcast it to hundreds of millions of people.

There is no licensing to become a journalist, that’s why it’s called Free Speech.

Not a well thought out post.

Oh yes, when an enemy of ours invades a sovereign nation and friend to the US and indiscriminately kills tens of thousands of their citizens in apartment buildings, train stations and maternity hospitals, we should be kind and thoughtfully listen to what they have to say.

And when that same nation interferes in our elections, hacks into the DNC servers, installs malicious code into Solar Winds software, holds our citizens hostage for years, poisons and/or throws people out of windows if they criticize their brutal regime, we should send a sympathetic ass-kisser to lob softball questions in order to repair that dictator's reputation.

That's the least we should do for our enemies.

Reactions: flotiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT