ADVERTISEMENT

JUST IN: Speaker McCarthy Challenges Biden, Schumer After House Republicans Pass US Debt Ceiling Bill (VIDEO)

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Now we talking. Lets go! Lets get something done!!

By Cristina Laila Apr. 26, 2023 6:10 pm

House Republicans on Wednesday passed a US debt ceiling bill in a 217-215 vote.
The bill will raise the debt limit by $1.5 trillion.
“House Republicans have a plan. The Senate does not. And the President is ignoring the debt crisis,” McCarthy said

McCarthy’s plan will destroy most of Joe Biden’s agenda.
Conservatives Are Looking For Ways To Boycott and Move Spending Away From Woke Corporations -- Here Is One Way To Do It
The Speaker’s plan will eliminate Biden’s unconstitutional student loan bailout plan and slash the funds set aside for the army of IRS agents.
McCarthy spoke to reporters after Republican lawmakers passed his debt bill.
Speaker McCarthy challenged Joe Biden and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer after the bill passed.
The House Republicans’ bill is expected to die in the senate.
McCarthy told Schumer to put up his own bill.
WATCH:

Earlier Wednesday Joe Biden mocked Republicans during a joint presser with South Korean President Yoon.
“They haven’t figured out the debt limit yet … I will meet with McCarthy, but not on whether or not the debt limit gets extended. That’s not negotiable,” Biden said on Wednesday before House Republicans passed the debt limit bill.
WATCH:

Biden beware: Manchin and Sinema align with Republicans in debt negotiations​

While their Democratic colleagues insist on no negotiations until the borrowing limit is lifted, the duo is positioning themselves as potential players in any future Senate talks.

just tell china what they're pushing for and have the demand come from them. joe always bends over for foreign leadership

The labor market added 253,000 payrolls in April, while the unemployment rate dipped to 3.4% — a historically low level.

Ignore the noise: Job market is cracking as birth-death model “adds” near record 378,000 jobs…

Repubs on the winning side of this argument. Dems will help themselves by coming to the table.

"It has historic reductions in spending, consequential reforms that will lift people out of poverty into the workforce, rein in government overreach - there are no new taxes, no new government programs," McCarthy said.

This type of messaging is how republicans get back to winning elections.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
"It has historic reductions in spending, consequential reforms that will lift people out of poverty into the workforce, rein in government overreach - there are no new taxes, no new government programs," McCarthy said.

This type of messaging is how republicans get back to winning elections.

Well done by Biden.

If left up to Biden, nothing would have been cut. Glad the republicans are here to provide a check against reckless spending.

You were blaming Biden for potential default. You have to give him credit for the solution.

And given that the magas will not vote for this, dems will have to for it to pass. So the dems deserve the credit.

Reactions: dpic73
You were blaming Biden for potential default. You have to give him credit for the solution.

And given that the magas will not vote for this, dems will have to for it to pass. So the dems deserve the credit.

Link? I wasn’t blaming Biden for a default. I was blaming him for not agreeing to spending cuts that everyone knows are needed. Or stupid student loan handouts that even you don’t agree with. Or not agreeing earlier to more work restrictions on entitlements, which you also agree with.

Without the pubs, there would be no spending cuts and bloated handout programs would continue unchecked.

Link? I wasn’t blaming Biden for a default. I was blaming him for not agreeing to spending cuts that everyone knows are needed. Or stupid student loan handouts that even you don’t agree with. Or not agreeing earlier to more work restrictions on entitlements, which you also agree with.

Without the pubs, there would be no spending cuts and bloated handout programs would continue unchecked.
But at the same time if it wasn't for Democrats, the Republicans would lower environmental standards until we can't drink or breath, enrich more corporations with tax breaks, and subsidies, and allow the workers to get less and less as the gap gets wider between the economic classes...etc.

I do agree with you on the work restrictions and loan bailouts.

Mccarthy unfortunately claiming a victory when he basically caved in to Biden. He is now trying to weave a made for tv narrative that this is a victory.

RINO.

Sounds like a good piece of bipartisan Legislation. Most agreed. Everyone got some of what they wanted. No one side is completely happy with it …. Sounds like our system of government worked as intended
I disagree. Giving China Joe 4T in spending authority over the next few years is insanity imo but there can be respectful disagreement here.

I disagree. Giving China Joe 4T in spending authority over the next few years is insanity imo but there can be respectful disagreement here.

But we all know you have no clue so if you disagree I would argue that it must have been good for America.

Compromise is how our system of government is supposed to work.

Senate-Vote-Breakdown.jpg

But we all know you have no clue so if you disagree I would argue that it must have been good for America.

Compromise is how our system of government is supposed to work.

Yes, biden said it very well. In a negotiation you are not going to get everything you want. That is the way our government is supposed to work. But it has become "own the libs", "destroy the left" (Desantis is saying this now), and if you give anything that is considered weakness.

Sad state of affairs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT