ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala/Walz 2024

Another lie, you're making a lot of hay out of this simple statement.

"As president, Harris said, she pledged to "bring back the bipartisan border security bill that he killed" and "sign it into law."

She continued: "I know we can live up to our proud heritage as a nation of immigrants and reform our broken immigration system. We can create an earned pathway to citizenship — and secure our border."

• Love
Reactions: okclem
Another lie, you're making a lot of hay out of this simple statement.

"As president, Harris said, she pledged to "bring back the bipartisan border security bill that he killed" and "sign it into law."

She continued: "I know we can live up to our proud heritage as a nation of immigrants and reform our broken immigration system. We can create an earned pathway to citizenship — and secure our border."

Anybody who doesn't understand and appreciate the need to create a legitimate pathway to citizenship is Un-American.

Make them register,allow them to work and aoy taxes for a waiting period to be determined, show they are good citizens, then let them be tested or whatever to be a citizen.

Rounding up immigrants and sending them back sounds great to the MAGAs. They forget some stuff though.

1. How are you going to round them up? Which group, where will you hold them, planes,busses? Forced hikes?

2. Who is going to pay for it? Those planes and busses,extra staff are going to be really expensive.

3. What are you going to do with the kids? If born here they are American Citizens.

4. How are you gonna handle the massive issues we will then have in our food system, home building, etc?

5. Rounding them up and sending back will lead to massive inflation.

Anybody who doesn't understand and appreciate the need to create a legitimate pathway to citizenship is Un-American.

Make them register,allow them to work and aoy taxes for a waiting period to be determined, show they are good citizens, then let them be tested or whatever to be a citizen.

Rounding up immigrants and sending them back sounds great to the MAGAs. They forget some stuff though.

1. How are you going to round them up? Which group, where will you hold them, planes,busses? Forced hikes?

2. Who is going to pay for it? Those planes and busses,extra staff are going to be really expensive.

3. What are you going to do with the kids? If born here they are American Citizens.

4. How are you gonna handle the massive issues we will then have in our food system, home building, etc?

5. Rounding them up and sending back will lead to massive inflation.
All true but I specifically wanted to blow a hole in the charge that she said she would "give a pathway to citizenship for every illegal here right now." We know that many of them will be deported once they get to their court dates and she will not get in the way of that process. She is only suggesting that there should be a way to earn your citizenship, for those that have legitimate asylum claims.

All true but I specifically wanted to blow a hole in the charge that she said she would "give a pathway to citizenship for every illegal here right now." We know that many of them will be deported once they get to their court dates and she will not get in the way of that process. She is only suggesting that there should be a way to earn your citizenship, for those that have legitimate asylum claims.

Absolutely.

The school my wife was the counselor at in Anderson had a very high population of immigrants here on asylum visas. Most were from the Central American Triangle of Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador.

These are families who are trying to escape the cartel violence and find a safer,better life for their family. The courage it must take to leave your home, walk 1000's of miles for a chance at a new life should be applauded, not ridiculed. It's literally the American Dream. They were great students,worked hard, and had engaged families who were so grateful for a chance.

Do we need new laws, absolutely, should we have border security and a process to vet entry, also yes.

It's so frustrating to see a Bi Partisan law that would help get shot down because Donald Trump didn't want there to be anything positive that he couldn't benefit from.

The MAGAs on this board keep talking about Open Borders, but your guy owns that.

Last edited:
I've become a real fan of Mark Cuban over the last few years. He's right on. What she's doing is almost unthinkable at any other point in the party's history.

She's doing a great job mitigating centrists' concerns that she is some kind of ultra lefty as the MAGA crowd wants you to believe. Of course, being left of MAGA isn't a high bar for normal people, but she did a great job last night avoiding stepping on any rakes there.

I've become a real fan of Mark Cuban over the last few years. He's right on. What she's doing is almost unthinkable at any other point in the party's history.

Mark Cuban is who MAGAs thought Trump was and portrayed himself as.

An actual self made man who is smart, not an asshole, but also not weak.

He wants to learn and has shown a capacity to filter through Bullshit.

I'd be very intrigued by Cuban as a presidential candidate.

Reactions: dpic73 and okclem
Mark Cuban is who MAGAs thought Trump was and portrayed himself as.

An actual self made man who is smart, not an asshole, but also not weak.

He wants to learn and has shown a capacity to filter through Bullshit.

I'd be very intrigued by Cuban as a presidential candidate.
I'd like to see him get some sort of cabinet position that develops policy for Socially Responsible AI implementation. I view him as kind of an anti-Elon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT