ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Wayne Shepherd, YORE CANCELED šŸ‘‰

f5c2db7399fe63a49ad892bb61f8c17c.gif

Good on the Blues Foundation for fighting the good fight. This type of thing is unacceptable in civilized, polite society. We must all stand in condemnation of Kenny Wayne Shepherd and make sure he never sees another stage

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ro...usic-awards-nomination-rescinded-1144236/amp/
Bullshit. I grew up in rural SC with that flag plastered on everything and never was taught that it represented hate because it didn't. It stood for Southern heritage and pride in where you come from and how you were raised which was to be honest, God fearing, hard working, loving and respectful to everybody.

We were country folks and I never saw my daddy, granddaddy, or great granddaddy treat anyone badly no matter what they looked like.

I even had my granddaddy who died last year at the age of 94 state to me that he didn't understand all this fighting between blacks and whites. His exact words were "we always treated blacks just as good as anybody else. We worked in the fields right along with them. We weren't mean to anybody".

Yeah those folks may have been sharecroppers but thats not disgraceful by any means. They worked on my great granddaddy's farm in return for land to build a home on. It was payment for a job well done.

I loved the Rebel flag as a youngster and the Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show. There was a black lady down the road who babysat us grandkids from time to time and she was always welcomed at my grandparents house. She even stopped by to pay her respects when granddaddy died.

Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s with that flag knew what it stood for and what it meant to us and so did black people. Black folks weren't offended by it and we didn't shove it their faces to hurt them. There was a Rebel flag hanging on the wall inside the gym at my high-school in the early to mid 70s. I graduated in 93 but it was plain as day in the old yearbooks in the library.

The problem is all these wokesters like you who came along in the 90s and started telling everybody what they should be offended about and started stirring up trouble and pitting black and white people against each other with their bullshit identity politics.

Yall should have just left us damn country folks alone, black and white and everything would have been fine. You know back then white and black people were all Americans and proud to be from America and if anybody messed with America, whites and blacks stood together in solidarity just like we did after 9/11. Now the woke crowd with their infinite knowledge of what everybody should be butthurt about is destroying our country and driving a wedge even further between us country folks and our black brothers and sisters. Race relations are much worse than they have ever been in my or my daddy's life. Can't tell you woke idiots that though.

Furthermore the only reason your little b***h a** posted that crap is to stir people up and cause division. People like you are whats wrong with America...not a damn flag or the color of anyone's skin. Little b***h a** woke white people are the problem. I would risk my life to save a black man without even thinking but people like you? I wouldn't piss on people like you if you caught on fire.

Shouldn't this be taken further??? Shouldn't the Central Broadcasting System (CBS) be basically dismantled and done away with for airing such racist trash as the Dukes of Hazard to begin with???? I mean, we're either against racism or we're NOT!! If we're going to destroy Confederate monuments and condemn middling talented musicians, we should be willing to do away with television networks!!! We either MEAN this svht or we don't!!!

Bullshit. I grew up in rural SC with that flag plastered on everything and never was taught that it represented hate because it didn't. It stood for Southern heritage and pride in where you come from and how you were raised which was to be honest, God fearing, hard working, loving and respectful to everybody.

We were country folks and I never saw my daddy, granddaddy, or great granddaddy treat anyone badly no matter what they looked like.

I even had my granddaddy who died last year at the age of 94 state to me that he didn't understand all this fighting between blacks and whites. His exact words were "we always treated blacks just as good as anybody else. We worked in the fields right along with them. We weren't mean to anybody".

Yeah those folks may have been sharecroppers but thats not disgraceful by any means. They worked on my great granddaddy's farm in return for land to build a home on. It was payment for a job well done.

I loved the Rebel flag as a youngster and the Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show. There was a black lady down the road who babysat us grandkids from time to time and she was always welcomed at my grandparents house. She even stopped by to pay her respects when granddaddy died.

Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s with that flag knew what it stood for and what it meant to us and so did black people. Black folks weren't offended by it and we didn't shove it their faces to hurt them. There was a Rebel flag hanging on the wall inside the gym at my high-school in the early to mid 70s. I graduated in 93 but it was plain as day in the old yearbooks in the library.

The problem is all these wokesters like you who came along in the 90s and started telling everybody what they should be offended about and started stirring up trouble and pitting black and white people against each other with their bullshit identity politics.

Yall should have just left us damn country folks alone, black and white and everything would have been fine. You know back then white and black people were all Americans and proud to be from America and if anybody messed with America, whites and blacks stood together in solidarity just like we did after 9/11. Now the woke crowd with their infinite knowledge of what everybody should be butthurt about is destroying our country and driving a wedge even further between us country folks and our black brothers and sisters. Race relations are much worse than they have ever been in my or my daddy's life. Can't tell you woke idiots that though.

Furthermore the only reason your little b***h a** posted that crap is to stir people up and cause division. People like you are whats wrong with America...not a damn flag or the color of anyone's skin. Little b***h a** woke white people are the problem. I would risk my life to save a black man without even thinking but people like you? I wouldn't piss on people like you if you caught on fire.

Significant amount of my sentiments match yours

I am in process of doing significant public service work to improve the black community and the largest private anonymous contributors in money are all white to match my white face

the world has a lot of haters doing their best to stir up hate between races and people every day

itā€™s about power

be smarter than following the color of a mans Skin

follow the mans heart

Pst hey, he was being sarcastic and facetious.

Wut in d fuq did I just read

Heritage not hate!

For the life of me I donā€™t understand why we donā€™t just kill people like KWS or others who make others feel pretend offended. I canā€™t even fathom how far back he has set race relations in this country by owning a replica car. Literally slavery.

Iā€™ll never understand why people constantly defend the flag of traitors.

Not that Iā€™m that guy but has Hollywood/CBS given the money back(charity of their choice) yet that was made off the show, lunch boxes, and all the General Lee toys that were sold between 78-85? If not thatā€™s an issue too.

This is literally the most revisionist BULLSHIT I have ever seen on this board. And there has been a much of racist shit on this board. " Black people weren't offended"? We worked together along with them and everybody got along? m**fu&cker PLEASE!!!! Take this crap and everything you and your granddaddy believed and what you believe and shove it!! We know EXACTLY what this flag represented and continues to represent. Do you believe it was a coincident that the flag was revived just after the political and societal changes with integration? Coincident that the confederate statues came up right afterwards?

Please! It's not being "WOKE" when the truth of the issues are brought forward and the true context of what was done (and continue to be done) is brought to light.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT