ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Wayne Shepherd, YORE CANCELED 👉

Read a history book dude, preferably one that was written no later than the year 2000. Each state was its own country back then. Defending yourself against a tyrant is not being a traitor.

Usually love your takes, but this country was founded by “traitors” who felt misrepresented by the government from England. The secession was much the same by the south, who felt misrepresented by the government in the north. The major difference was who won the wars. Because the Americans won independence they are viewed as freedom fighters. Because the south lost they are viewed as traitors. The winners write the history books.

@Trading Tiger @Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Thank you. I served the United States of America for 28 years. 27 in the U.S. Secret Service and 1 in the Central Intelligence Agency.

This is the truth. My paternal Great-Great Grandfather enlisted in the Army of Northern Virginia, Quantico Rifles Regiment in May, 1861. He was a dirt poor farmer in Prince William County. His country was VIRGINIA. Not what was a loosely configured group of what we now think of as “States” in the UNITED STATES. Why is this so hard to comprehend?

By no means am I condoning the horrible institution that was slavery. As a matter of fact, my maternal Grandmother (Irish-Catholic) had a cross burned on her front lawn by the Klan in Pennsylvania back in the 1920’s. So my family has also suffered from domestic terrorism and oppression. But I guess that doesn’t count.

The victors write history. As ugly as it may be. BillyD

Last edited:
This is literally the most revisionist BULLSHIT I have ever seen on this board. And there has been a much of racist shit on this board. " Black people weren't offended"? We worked together along with them and everybody got along? m**fu&cker PLEASE!!!! Take this crap and everything you and your granddaddy believed and what you believe and shove it!! We know EXACTLY what this flag represented and continues to represent. Do you believe it was a coincident that the flag was revived just after the political and societal changes with integration? Coincident that the confederate statues came up right afterwards?

Please! It's not being "WOKE" when the truth of the issues are brought forward and the true context of what was done (and continue to be done) is brought to light.
You’re part of what’s wrong with this country today!

You’re part of what’s wrong with this country today!

People always bring this one out like it's the big whopper.

The poster you responded to is saying it's horseshit that blacks and whites got along just fine in the south after Jim crow (because that's what's being talked about).

And your response is to tell him he's what wrong in this country today?

Last edited:

The poster you responded to is saying it's horseshit that blacks and whites got along just fine in the south after Jim crow (because that's what's being talked about).

I’m white but have heard his story countless times from people I know black and white. I’ve also heard the contrary from other black people i know. Not everyone had the same experiences. It’s life. I’m not black and I’m not gonna pretend to know.

Either way, doesn’t change the fact that liberals and progressives are raving lunatics

When is this Blues Cruise? Sounds like a cruise I would enjoy.

This is literally the most revisionist BULLSHIT I have ever seen on this board. And there has been a much of racist shit on this board. " Black people weren't offended"? We worked together along with them and everybody got along? m**fu&cker PLEASE!!!! Take this crap and everything you and your granddaddy believed and what you believe and shove it!! We know EXACTLY what this flag represented and continues to represent. Do you believe it was a coincident that the flag was revived just after the political and societal changes with integration? Coincident that the confederate statues came up right afterwards?

Please! It's not being "WOKE" when the truth of the issues are brought forward and the true context of what was done (and continue to be done) is brought to light.
You know how his family treated people better than he does?

If all confederate flags on earth were to disappear tomorrow, is all racism erased? I grew up in the south and could careless about the flag. There are racists who could careless about the flag. There are non-racists who like the flag for reasons other than racist ideals.

Every race has racist. Every race has good and bad people. Some people hate just to hate. I believe more people are good than bad. The bad ones should not turn me to hate the good ones. It is very tough at times, because mostly what we see is the bad. If as much energy was spent showing the good the world would be a better place.

That flag has become a symbol of racism. Whether it was considered that 30/40 years ago really doesn’t matter at this point. I think we have to be careful going too far with calling anything associated southern heritage racist, which seems to be happening at an alarming rate. Also, going back to the OP, please be sure you read the entire story before deciding how you feel about KWS.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for a symbol to mean different things to different people. I understand that the confederate flag may represent slavery to black (and some white) people. It is a perfectly understandable interpretation - particularly today when the media pretty much has drummed it into everyone's head that that is the only thing it can mean.

It is also perfectly reasonable that others see it as representation of the rejection of suppression and lack of representation from the northern states and a sign of heritage of family members who fought to be free from the control of the northern states(union).

it amazes me to hear people tell other people what something means to them. You can not possibly tell me that I don't think the confederate flag means _______________________. It means to me whatever I think it means to me. Just like it means to you what ever it means to you. Both views are reasonable depending on your perspective.

The cross and the American flag are also used by hate groups. Does that mean all Americans and Christians are racists as well? If you area Cleveland Indians/Washington redskins/FSU/etc fan, does that make you racist bc you support a team with symbols no longer acceptable to society because it is degrading to the native American race? Of course not! BLM, by their own admission is a anti government(American) group. This is not debatable. Based solely on this fact, Americans should all be against them as an organization. HOWEVER, there are ideas within their ideology that many people reasonably support. I think they are a terrible organization. I also think there are many people who probably were protesting and holding a BLM sign that were doing it for the right reasons and did not necessarily support the BLM organization per se, but rather some of the ideals attributed to them. This is no different than the confederate flag. Both mean different things to different people based on their perspective.

With the exception of a very small bigoted segment of the population, all Americans agree that slavery was horrible, immoral, and unequivocally wrong and unjustifiable. The problem is that somewhere along the line someone(most notably the media) has decided that everyone must think the exact same way about every symbol/idea/issue. This is truly unamerican. Should we tolerate racism? No, absolutely not. Should we be able to recognize that something can mean different things to different people? Absolutely.

I know we have some black people on the board, so: how do y’all feel about this?

For me, back in the 90s and early 00’s I thought the confederate flag was just a southern pride thing. It wasn’t meant to be offensive to black people (as far as I was concerned). However, even though I still don’t think a lot of people who displayed that flag were trying to offend or disenfranchise black people, I realized a while back that the confederate flag represented too much denigration and marginalization, if not just legal racism and slavery, for black people than I could stomach. It meant a lot less to me to give up the confederate flag than it meant to keep reminding black people of a past that wasn’t good for them, and that I’m not entirely proud of.

That doesn’t mean that only black people’s opinions count, or that white people’s points of view don’t count. But I do think we need to take into account how much of what we’re talking about is subjective and prideful, and we need to do everything we can to avoid making people feel marginalized. I think the least we can do is not champion the confederate flag when black people are telling us it makes them feel marginalized.

Last edited:
Bullshit. I grew up in rural SC with that flag plastered on everything and never was taught that it represented hate because it didn't. It stood for Southern heritage and pride in where you come from and how you were raised which was to be honest, God fearing, hard working, loving and respectful to everybody.

We were country folks and I never saw my daddy, granddaddy, or great granddaddy treat anyone badly no matter what they looked like.

I even had my granddaddy who died last year at the age of 94 state to me that he didn't understand all this fighting between blacks and whites. His exact words were "we always treated blacks just as good as anybody else. We worked in the fields right along with them. We weren't mean to anybody".

Yeah those folks may have been sharecroppers but thats not disgraceful by any means. They worked on my great granddaddy's farm in return for land to build a home on. It was payment for a job well done.

I loved the Rebel flag as a youngster and the Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show. There was a black lady down the road who babysat us grandkids from time to time and she was always welcomed at my grandparents house. She even stopped by to pay her respects when granddaddy died.

Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s with that flag knew what it stood for and what it meant to us and so did black people. Black folks weren't offended by it and we didn't shove it their faces to hurt them. There was a Rebel flag hanging on the wall inside the gym at my high-school in the early to mid 70s. I graduated in 93 but it was plain as day in the old yearbooks in the library.

The problem is all these wokesters like you who came along in the 90s and started telling everybody what they should be offended about and started stirring up trouble and pitting black and white people against each other with their bullshit identity politics.

Yall should have just left us damn country folks alone, black and white and everything would have been fine. You know back then white and black people were all Americans and proud to be from America and if anybody messed with America, whites and blacks stood together in solidarity just like we did after 9/11. Now the woke crowd with their infinite knowledge of what everybody should be butthurt about is destroying our country and driving a wedge even further between us country folks and our black brothers and sisters. Race relations are much worse than they have ever been in my or my daddy's life. Can't tell you woke idiots that though.

Furthermore the only reason your little b***h a** posted that crap is to stir people up and cause division. People like you are whats wrong with America...not a damn flag or the color of anyone's skin. Little b***h a** woke white people are the problem. I would risk my life to save a black man without even thinking but people like you? I wouldn't piss on people like you if you caught on fire.

I also grew up in rural SC, not to mention dirt poor and though I don’t know your age demographic, I can tell you that my family saw it the same way. My aunt married a black man and I have mixed race cousins and while there was the occasional racist person we encountered as kids, it wasn’t widespread and it wasn’t systemic. My time in the military took me to a great many war torn provinces and foreign countries. Despite what we see via media, America doesn’t even register as a racist country. Those that believe that to be true need to visit Asia, the Middle East, Africa and even Eastern Europe. You will never eradicate hate in people, it’s impossible and it lives in everyone. Ripping down statues, flags, etc won’t change the wrongs and it won’t kill hate.

While I don’t have any religion on the confederate flag despite growing up with it, I have lived up north for the last 20 years or so and it’s nowhere near as integrated as the south despite this constant rhetoric of what you see on TV. White people up north gentrify and push out, they don’t integrate and live among and yet the south seems to get the bad rap around racism.

What I see happening around us is the opposite of unity. This culture quest to bucket people, companies, goods etc as racist in efforts to cancel are just forcing people to choose sides not come to the middle.

Weird thought, but it might be possible that both sides have some legitimate perspectives in this conversation which will never be heard because anytime anyone on the other side says something it’s within the context of telling whomever believes differently that they are a “woke white B**** A***” or a “p**** of s*** racist loser.”

Bullshit. I grew up in rural SC with that flag plastered on everything and never was taught that it represented hate because it didn't. It stood for Southern heritage and pride in where you come from and how you were raised which was to be honest, God fearing, hard working, loving and respectful to everybody.

We were country folks and I never saw my daddy, granddaddy, or great granddaddy treat anyone badly no matter what they looked like.

I even had my granddaddy who died last year at the age of 94 state to me that he didn't understand all this fighting between blacks and whites. His exact words were "we always treated blacks just as good as anybody else. We worked in the fields right along with them. We weren't mean to anybody".

Yeah those folks may have been sharecroppers but thats not disgraceful by any means. They worked on my great granddaddy's farm in return for land to build a home on. It was payment for a job well done.

I loved the Rebel flag as a youngster and the Dukes of Hazzard was my favorite show. There was a black lady down the road who babysat us grandkids from time to time and she was always welcomed at my grandparents house. She even stopped by to pay her respects when granddaddy died.

Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s with that flag knew what it stood for and what it meant to us and so did black people. Black folks weren't offended by it and we didn't shove it their faces to hurt them. There was a Rebel flag hanging on the wall inside the gym at my high-school in the early to mid 70s. I graduated in 93 but it was plain as day in the old yearbooks in the library.

The problem is all these wokesters like you who came along in the 90s and started telling everybody what they should be offended about and started stirring up trouble and pitting black and white people against each other with their bullshit identity politics.

Yall should have just left us damn country folks alone, black and white and everything would have been fine. You know back then white and black people were all Americans and proud to be from America and if anybody messed with America, whites and blacks stood together in solidarity just like we did after 9/11. Now the woke crowd with their infinite knowledge of what everybody should be butthurt about is destroying our country and driving a wedge even further between us country folks and our black brothers and sisters. Race relations are much worse than they have ever been in my or my daddy's life. Can't tell you woke idiots that though.

Furthermore the only reason your little b***h a** posted that crap is to stir people up and cause division. People like you are whats wrong with America...not a damn flag or the color of anyone's skin. Little b***h a** woke white people are the problem. I would risk my life to save a black man without even thinking but people like you? I wouldn't piss on people like you if you caught on fire.

I’m sure you are not a racist and your upbringing seems similar to mine. That said, just because you aren’t a racist doesn’t totally de-legitimize the feelings of those who have had different experiences with those symbols. My feelings on the flag have changed over the years for this reason.

Reactions: yoshi121374

Doesn’t Elmira have a ladies soccer team or something with a forum where you can go whine with people more like yourself? Why did you pick the Thomas Clemson school to cheer for? Was it assigned to you by some organization?

No sir - painting em all with the same brush mentality you were spouting. Not all dukes of hazard fans are racist, not all blm supporters are looters and rioters. Heck, plenty of crazies marched under a cross as their symbol and did Evil.
We have left wing nuts and right wing nuts. They are all nuts.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii

No eff you! You don't know shit. I go by experience not by your BS rules about how people should feel about everything. I was raised to love everybody and to help anybody that needed it. My family treated everybody with respect.

Most of America knew what it meant to be American and where I come from we all looked out for each other black and white. I lived it and my folks lived it. Sure there were white people who treated black people badly and now there's plenty of black people treating white people badly.

Does that make you happy? Is that a win when Americans are treating each worse than they have in the past 50 years? Fight hate with hate is that it?

People now aren't after equality, they are after revenge....revenge for shit that happened before any of us were born and its tearing America apart.

You are probably some 20 something yuppie trying to legislate to people how they should feel about issues. You just told me I'm racist for saying we loved and respected everybody regardless of what they looked like. You called me racist for saying my granddaddy didn't understand people of different races fighting because they didn't treat anybody differently.

I guess real life experiences like mine threaten your narrative and your vision of white men in the fields on horseback whipping the shit out of black people who were picking cotton and then putting on a sheet and burning a cross every Saturday night.

Well sorry pal, my experiences and my family that I knew in the rural South were nothing like your narrative want them to be. About 8% of white people owned slaves at the height of slavery. It was an institution carried out by the rich which my family wasn't.

There will always be hate in this world and there will always be people probably like you, who think everything they see on the news and social media is exactly how it is in every town and community across the South.

Well I don't follow that shit for brains news reporting that is only after ratings. I look at my life experiences and how I was raised, how I was taught to treat people and what my elders told me about how life really was. You can believe what you want but I'm telling how it was where I come from living in my neck of the woods.

Reactions: BKFrost
Heritage not hate!

What if he drove a Ford. Does that make Ford's racist?

I also grew up in rural SC, not to mention dirt poor and though I don’t know your age demographic, I can tell you that my family saw it the same way. My aunt married a black man and I have mixed race cousins and while there was the occasional racist person we encountered as kids, it wasn’t widespread and it wasn’t systemic. My time in the military took me to a great many war torn provinces and foreign countries. Despite what we see via media, America doesn’t even register as a racist country. Those that believe that to be true need to visit Asia, the Middle East, Africa and even Eastern Europe. You will never eradicate hate in people, it’s impossible and it lives in everyone. Ripping down statues, flags, etc won’t change the wrongs and it won’t kill hate.

While I don’t have any religion on the confederate flag despite growing up with it, I have lived up north for the last 20 years or so and it’s nowhere near as integrated as the south despite this constant rhetoric of what you see on TV. White people up north gentrify and push out, they don’t integrate and live among and yet the south seems to get the bad rap around racism.

What I see happening around us is the opposite of unity. This culture quest to bucket people, companies, goods etc as racist in efforts to cancel are just forcing people to choose sides not come to the middle.
Exactly my point. My wife was born in Augusta, GA and raised from the age of 3 to around 13 or 14 in West Virginia on the Ohio border. She told me she didn't know what racism was until she came back south to GA permanently.

She has told me several times that eventhough there weren't that many black people where she lived nobody treated anyone any differently.

I won't say she's an authority on the black community but she is as about as neutral as a white person can get. She was with a black man for 6 years before we met and got married and raised her children to not see race.

Her son has all black friends and only dates black girls but when my wife of all people is not on board with all this race baiting, victimization, and wokeness and she's trying her best to keep her son from being indoctrinated in college and hating who he is, there's some effed up mess going on in this country. I for one am sick of it and so is she.

As soon as I saw “heritage not hate” I knew I was in for some BS
You need to keep your mouth shut. You are the worst poster here and your hateful, disgraceful words about a drug addicted girl is the reason your posting holds no weight with me whatsoever. You are the definition of a woke leftist hypocrite who tries to act high and mighty while you look down your nose at other people. People like your dumbass are whats wrong with America. You need to do some serious soul searching and don't try to lecture noone about hate.

Everyone knows that NJ is full of racist trailer trash. Just kidding, but not really. My friends that live there talk about overt racism that they see often.

But you are absolutely right. Racism exists everywhere in different forms and I agree that it is not exclusive to the south. I have lived in both and my experience has been that the poorer you are, the more racist you tend to be. Those folks with fewer options up north are the ones complaining about different colored people moving in. The ones with money dont tend to care.

The idea of removing this singer from an awards show because b/c he owns a general lee replica is stupid. Equally stupid is the man love that so many in this thread have for the flag of a failed republican that got whooped in a war.

You need to keep your mouth shut. You are the worst poster here and your hateful, disgraceful words about a drug addicted girl is the reason your posting holds no weight with me whatsoever. You are the definition of a woke leftist hypocrite who tries to act high and mighty while you look down your nose at other people. People like your dumbass are whats wrong with America. You need to do some serious soul searching and don't try to lecture noone about hate.
Lol damn u r soft

i think he was trolling ...

What drug addicted girl?
There was some story a few years ago about someone high on meth that did something like pull out an eyeball and eat it or something wild. I commented “maybe they were trying to take a look inward” or something like that and all the board snowflakes got upset.

There was some story a few years ago about someone high on meth that did something like pull out an eyeball and eat it or something wild. I commented “maybe they were trying to take a look inward” or something like that and all the board snowflakes got upset.
thats only because you said it

Good on the Blues Foundation for fighting the good fight. This type of thing is unacceptable in civilized, polite society. We must all stand in condemnation of Kenny Wayne Shepherd and make sure he never sees another stage

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ro...usic-awards-nomination-rescinded-1144236/amp/

This came up when he had the car built. He did say that he wasn't a fan of the flag but he only put it on there because he was trying to build the car from the TV show.

I’ll never understand why people constantly defend the flag of traitors.

I get why people don't like the confederate flag. I really do. I have a couple in a storage tub in my garage (as opposed to on display somewhere).

But "flag of traitors" - this is also technically the flag of a bunch of traitors:

1200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

If we're getting technical about it.

I'm not trying to compare all aspects of the two, but that particular aspect is a non-starter.

This country is fvcked. That being said, I will still be listening to KWS with a headful of acid on the Blues Cruise.

The dude is one of the best guitar players out there.

Reactions: 24TIGER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT