ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron James son

Happens way more often than people think. It was happening so much about 6 yrs ago that they were saying we should include ekgs as a part of incoming college freshman athlete physicals. Too expensive to require it at younger ages even tho HS athletes were impacted. This was prepandemic. Bronny is a big name so that brings attention to it. I see it every year as we are made aware of it in youth/college sports more often than everyone else. This is not new by any stretch. We need better preventative measures in our systems.

Wait until the heat strokes come in football this summer. Some will forget that we get this every year unfortunately. Sad.

Happens way more often than people think. It was happening so much about 6 yrs ago that they were saying we should include ekgs as a part of incoming college freshman athlete physicals. Too expensive to require it at younger ages even tho HS athletes were impacted. This was prepandemic. Bronny is a big name so that brings attention to it. I see it every year as we are made aware of it in youth/college sports more often than everyone else. This is not new by any stretch. We need better preventative measures in our systems.

Wait until the heat strokes come in football this summer. Some will forget that we get this every year unfortunately. Sad.
Legit question:
Happening more?
Or happening at the same %rate as always, just that we are more aware cause of mass communication platforms?

It’s the new pandemic, but of the vaccinated this time. Trust the science, and get the jab
Or it could be, you know, the original cardiovascular/respiratory pandemic that produced blood clots large enough to clog dialysis machines?

But why go with the obvious answer when you can conjecture something more elaborate/speculative?

I'll also throw in that excess mortality is now below prepandemic levels

Terrible. Scary phone call for Lebron and his family. Praying for him/them.

Looking forward to the upcoming Covid argument in the thread through, will be riveting.
Same. I'm sure of it. But many will overlook that Heart Disease is the #1 killer of African American men. Or that the covid virus can also negatively impair the heart, blood etc...

Same. I'm sure of it. But many will overlook that Heart Disease is the #1 killer of African American men. Or that the covid virus can also negatively impair the heart, blood etc...
Na man, can't be the thing extremely well documented by research, front line health care workers, etc.

We need the totally unsubstantiated thing that confirms a bunch of my priors

Na man, can't be the thing extremely well documented by research, front line health care workers, etc.

We need the totally unsubstantiated thing that confirms a bunch of my priors
Yeah, its flat out crazy talk to even suggest that there just might be some serious negative side effects of a brand new vaccine that was introduced & rolled out to millions of people over a very short span of time. Just trust the experts !

Yeah, its flat out crazy talk to even suggest that there just might be some serious negative side effects of a brand new vaccine that was introduced & rolled out to millions of people over a very short span of time. Just trust the experts !
Do we know Bronny's vaccination status? Do we know if his family medical history includes proclivity to heart disease? Maybe just wishing him and the family well right now would be a better route IMO.

An EKG should 100% be required for HS & college football. If his family's insurance can't cover it, then the school, distric, or state should pay for it

I'll trust the experts over the internet conspiracy theory crowd, but you do you, man. I'm sure both sides are equally qualified and competent.

I'll trust the experts over the internet conspiracy theory crowd, but you do you, man. I'm sure both sides are equally qualified and competent.
Oh, I think you missed the point, I don’t trust random people on the Internet but I also don’t always trust authoritative figures either. I didn’t say I fully “believe” one side or the other. But thinking that the government/those in power/the “experts” are always right or have the best interest of the general population at heart is somewhat foolhardy IMO

Science is not “trusting the experts.” That is the basis for religious or authoritative rule. Science is constantly asking questions about the world based off observation and challenging the status quo. Science and the experts have been wrong many, many times throughout history, and they will be wrong again. It’s just the way of the world.

Last edited:
Do we know Bronny's vaccination status? Do we know if his family medical history includes proclivity to heart disease? Maybe just wishing him and the family well right now would be a better route IMO.
I don’t see where my simple rhetorical question on an Internet message board had any sort of impact against the young man or his family. What a terrible situation for them to be dealing with, glad it wasn’t worse

EDIT: I’m not trying to be an ass @Lot4tiger , but since you asked

Last edited:
Oh, I think you missed the point, I don’t trust random people on the Internet but I also don’t always trust authoritative figures either. I didn’t say I fully “believe” one side or the other. But thinking that the government/those in power/the “experts” are always right or have the best interest of the general population at hart is somewhat foolhardy IMO

Science is not “trusting the experts.” That is the basis for religious or authoritative rule. Science is constantly asking questions about the world based off observation and challenging the status quo. Science and the experts have been wrong many, many times throughout history, and they will be wrong again. It’s just the way of the world.
You're kind of all over the place here. Who said anything about science? I'm not a scientist and neither are you. Science is much more than just asking questions, and to reduce it to such a basic definition merely for the purposes of fitting an argument is disingenuous at best.

For people like you and me, who are not and will never be in a position to truly know the truth, our best bet is to continue trusting the experts we'd trusted our entire lives up until some of y'all started thinking random sources on the internet were just as reliable as the most qualified people on earth who trained their entire lives to become experts in their field.

They don't always get it right, and not all of them are truly experts, but the number of experts in the anti-vax community is literally 0.

This is posted just as information, not to start/continue the brewing battle over the vaccine in this thread.

A woman that worked for me had long haul COVID, and participated in a study at UNC. This study was looking at and treating COVID as a vascular disease instead of respiratory disease as many others treated it. There said that many of the symptoms of the disease were actually caused by the bloodstream not being able to get enough oxygen to the various organs, which was leading to organ issues. They also said that blood clots were also a major side effect. She was NOT vaccinated when she had COVID, but as part of the treatment in the study they did have her get vaccinated.

Long story short, she isnt 100% back to normal after a couple of years but is slowly getting there.

OK, carry on with battle. I'm putting my helmet on and diving into my foxhole before the incoming shelling...

You're kind of all over the place here. Who said anything about science? I'm not a scientist and neither are you. Science is much more than just asking questions, and to reduce it to such a basic definition merely for the purposes of fitting an argument is disingenuous at best.

For people like you and me, who are not and will never be in a position to truly know the truth, our best bet is to continue trusting the experts we'd trusted our entire lives up until some of y'all started thinking random sources on the internet were just as reliable as the most qualified people on earth who trained their entire lives to become experts in their field.

They don't always get it right, and not all of them are truly experts, but the number of experts in the anti-vax community is literally 0.
Bro anti-vax is a gaslight term to help push covid propaganda. If you have very traditional vaccine but refuse an mRNA shot you’re not anti-vax.

Anti-vaxxers are far left California hippies that think essential oils will protect their children from polio.

Experts lied when they said it was 100% effective at preventing covid. Why wouldn’t the experts lie about it being safe? I only ask because there was zero data or any evidence to imply it was 100% effective, but yet they lied.

Bro anti-vax is a gaslight term to help push covid propaganda. If you have very traditional vaccine but refuse an mRNA shot you’re not anti-vax.

Anti-vaxxers are far left California hippies that think essential oils will protect their children from polio.

Experts lied when they said it was 100% effective at preventing covid. Why wouldn’t the experts lie about it being safe? I only ask because there was zero data or any evidence to imply it was 100% effective, but yet they lied.
Okay "bro."

This is posted just as information, not to start/continue the brewing battle over the vaccine in this thread.

A woman that worked for me had long haul COVID, and participated in a study at UNC. This study was looking at and treating COVID as a vascular disease instead of respiratory disease as many others treated it. There said that many of the symptoms of the disease were actually caused by the bloodstream not being able to get enough oxygen to the various organs, which was leading to organ issues. They also said that blood clots were also a major side effect. She was NOT vaccinated when she had COVID, but as part of the treatment in the study they did have her get vaccinated.

Long story short, she isnt 100% back to normal after a couple of years but is slowly getting there.

OK, carry on with battle. I'm putting my helmet on and diving into my foxhole before the incoming shelling...
Extremely common, and front line health workers that worked during the waves of hospitalizations during the pandemic can tell you how brutal it is on your vascular system. The stories from this time are pretty wild.

Not a doctor, but my understanding is that it produces a bunch of small/micro fibrin blood clots that do a bunch of long term damage to your veins and arteries. Not surprising at all to see people have long term cardiovascular effects originating from a COVID infection that may not initially have even led to hospitalization.

Oh, I think you missed the point, I don’t trust random people on the Internet but I also don’t always trust authoritative figures either. I didn’t say I fully “believe” one side or the other. But thinking that the government/those in power/the “experts” are always right or have the best interest of the general population at hart is somewhat foolhardy IMO

Did you just plagiarize RFK Jr.?

You think it was by accident that the FDA wanted to ensure that the records regarding the research, development, production and implementation of the vaccine be kept sealed for 55 years?

I guess this is what I was getting at - we are seeing instances of healthy, young adults experiencing very uncommon and even rare cardiovascular emergencies, along with other medical abnormalities they shouldn’t be experiencing

Why is it such a blasphemous thing to simply suggest a potential common denominator, one that was introduced & executed in a manner that has never been done before in history, may be a contributing cause? Because that’s all I’m doing, leaving the door cracked open for skepticism

I want to make something clear - I’m not an “anti vaxer” and I don’t formulate my opinions based off “random sources on the internet.” I’m not saying the Covid vaccine WAS/IS the cause of these medical emergencies in healthy young adults, what I’m saying is that we don’t know. It may not be a contributing cause, but it also just may be.

You are right - we will not ever know the whole truth to many of society’s most pressing & hard-hitting questions. Thats why I try to remain skeptical on all issues that I can’t tangibly see to be fact with my own eyes

Did you just plagiarize RFK Jr.?
Uhh no, I just typed out some thoughts on the subject while eating lunch. I’ve always had this mindset, long before COVID was even a thing. Not my prerogative if others choose to view life through a similar lens

Sounds like Justin Foster

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT