ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsey Graham??

I have had the chance to work with him and his office for my job. He is one of the most powerful people in Washington and SC would suffer for it when he does leave office. I think he is one of the only Senators that can reach across the aisle and get something done, which is generally a joke the way both side dig their heels. He takes hell for not shutting that door and just 100% towing the party line.

If he were to leave, we would have two Senators that get nothing done in DC and not just the one

I can only assume a ton of people have no idea how Washington works outside of what they watch on tv
In what way is SC thriving because of him? I mean I guess like the saying goes, it could be worse. We could be Mississippi.

Anybody who thinks anything other than badass when referencing Gowdy is either a complete snowflake or goes off appearances to judge character.
A number of people in Spartanburg who have met or worked with Gowdy would disagree.

In what way is SC thriving because of him? I mean I guess like the saying goes, it could be worse. We could be Mississippi.

I can only speak to my experiences working with him, he does ALOT to help industry within the state. Specifically the automotive industry. If you want to put all the ills of SC, you are correct he is no miracle worker

A number of people in Spartanburg who have met or worked with Gowdy would disagree.

I know little about him but he has a big fanbase here in Anchorage. I bet you could find people who worked with me who say I'm an ass but we all know that's not accurate. But would love to hear more.

What do you mean @MBRO ?.. I'm a Gowdy fan for the most part and dislike Graham. What did Gowdy do that was bad for the upstate?

What do you mean @MBRO ?.. I'm a Gowdy fan for the most part and dislike Graham. What did Gowdy have to do that was bad for the upstate?
I don’t know that I’d classify it as being bad for the upstate.

His reputation locally was that he never met a camera he didn’t like and many of his actions as solicitor were designed to increase his political visibility (such as appearing on national TV shows like DatelineNBC) rather than serve the community. I mean, that’s probably standard stuff for any aspiring politician but it rubbed some people the wrong way.

It wasn’t a huge surprise to see him on some high profile committees fairly soon after he arrived in Washington.

lol people seriously think trey gowdy is a "badass"? the same guy that wasted millions in taxpayer money on those benghazi hearings and uncovered nothing? dude is nothing more than a cheap suit.

I can only speak to my experiences working with him, he does ALOT to help industry within the state. Specifically the automotive industry. If you want to put all the ills of SC, you are correct he is no miracle worker
If you want to put everything positive going for South Carolina on him, then go for it.

I don’t know that I’d classify it as being bad for the upstate.

His reputation locally was that he never met a camera he didn’t like and many of his actions as solicitor were designed to increase his political visibility (such as appearing on national TV shows like DatelineNBC) rather than serve the community. I mean, that’s probably standard stuff for any aspiring politician but it rubbed some people the wrong way.

It wasn’t a huge surprise to see him on some high profile committees fairly soon after he arrived in Washington.

Understood... didn't know SC residents had that perception about Gowdy. Graham, on the other hand, I can understand the head scratching going on in other states.

I have had the chance to work with him and his office for my job. He is one of the most powerful people in Washington and SC would suffer for it when he does leave office. I think he is one of the only Senators that can reach across the aisle and get something done, which is generally a joke the way both side dig their heels. He takes hell for not shutting that door and just 100% towing the party line.

If he were to leave, we would have two Senators that get nothing done in DC and not just the one

I can only assume a ton of people have no idea how Washington works outside of what they watch on tv

Drain the swamp

Well, there's a LOT of misinformation in this thread. Graham votes conservative almost exclusively... he's at 90+% on that conservative grading scale. I don't agree with a LOT of his politics (being a moderate and fiscally conservative/socially liberal), but the guy can work with anyone.

Hell, he worked with then Senator Hillary to get our troops/vets improved medical coverage and the active troops a much needed pay raise in his 1st term. Hillary was for it b/c it fit her vision of universal health care and Graham is always looking after the troops as he served himself. The tea baggers in the Republican party didn't want this b/c it meant more spending and the left most Libtards in the Democratic Party never want to help out the military. But the bill passed easily b/c he worked with moderates in both parties to get something done.

My main problem with the Republican Party in the last 15 years or so is their inability to compromise in any way. It's all their way or they will "take their ball and go home". the tea party/baggers are the prime example of this. Take our own former Senator Jim DeMent. Spent a term and a half (I think) in Washington. Ran his mouth a ton and took his salary and got a whole bunch of nothing done b/c he wouldn't work with anyone outside his conservative base. If folks had listened to Lindsey, Obamacare would be dead and the infrastructure bill would be in the books as well (with a wall being built at the cost of keepng DACA).

He knows that if you want to get stuff done, you can't have everything your own way. He also knows that just b/c you are liberal (or conservative) that you actually aren't somehow out to destroy America, you simply see things differently. This is what our representatives/senators are SUPPOSED to do... namely work together to get the country's business done. This board is full of conservatives, and that's fine. But anyone who's been outside the Southeast knows that their simply aren't enough Americans with that viewpoint to push that full conservative agenda forward. To get some of what you want, you have to give a little.

My last year in SC, he ran for reelection and I voted for him over a MUCH more moderate candidate, b/c he's a guy that actually THINKS and doesn't simply blather the party line.

Personally, I don't care if he loves the cock or not. I never got the impression that he's gay per say, more that he doesn't like men OR women that way. More of an asexual dude than anything else. He's been around for a while and if he were really batting for the other team, I'd think that that would have come out by now. no matter how careful he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT