ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsey Graham??

VikingTiger

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
Anchorage AK
I first want to say I am proud native Sandlapper. I love my old home state and am proud of several congressmen from that state. I have been living in Alaska for the last seven years and thusly more dialed in to my local elections. I want to know what the current SC residents think of Mr. Graham? I was listening to local talk radio here in Anchorage and the topic of this sham of a immigration bill he helped co-sponsor with Durbin and that other twit Flake. I am less then impressed and as a matter of fact slightly embarrassed. I would love to hear from my SC brethren on this latest attempt by Graham to pass legislation.

Last edited:
I first want to say I am proud native Sandpaper. I love my old home state and am proud of several congressmen from that state. I have been living in Alaska for the last seven years and thusly more dialed in to my local elections. I want to know what the current SC residents think of Mr. Graham? I was listening to local talk radio here in Anchorage and the topic of this sham of a immigration bill he helped co-sponsor with Durbin and that other twit Flake. I am less then impressed and as a matter of fact slightly embarrassed. I would love to hear from my SC brethren on this latest attempt by Graham to pass legislation.

In!

Reactions: sinkerslider
I first want to say I am proud native Sandpaper. I love my old home state and am proud of several congressmen from that state. I have been living in Alaska for the last seven years and thusly more dialed in to my local elections. I want to know what the current SC residents think of Mr. Graham? I was listening to local talk radio here in Anchorage and the topic of this sham of a immigration bill he helped co-sponsor with Durbin and that other twit Flake. I am less then impressed and as a matter of fact slightly embarrassed. I would love to hear from my SC brethren on this latest attempt by Graham to pass legislation.

I think most have a bad taste from him. When he announced he was running for President at his “coming home” celebration in Central all of 12 people showed up. He truly is a politician that flip flops. If there was a solid Republican that ran against him you may see someone new. I doubt we see someone else until he retires due to his deep pockets and backing nowadays

Reactions: scartiger
I think most have a bad taste from him. When he announced he was running for President at his “coming home” celebration in Central all of 12 people showed up. He truly is a crooked politician that flip flops. If there was a solid Republican that ran against him you may see someone new. I doubt we see someone else until he retires due to his deep pockets and backing nowadays
Fify

Reactions: clemsonfn8
He sucks at his job!

So your saying if he was the HC at Clemson he would be fired? Why does this country consistently reward poor performing politicians with 4-6 more years and yet a new HC would be lucky to even get 4 years? College football>politics in the south we all know, but could be time to refocus?

I first want to say I am proud native Sandlapper. I love my old home state and am proud of several congressmen from that state. I have been living in Alaska for the last seven years and thusly more dialed in to my local elections. I want to know what the current SC residents think of Mr. Graham? I was listening to local talk radio here in Anchorage and the topic of this sham of a immigration bill he helped co-sponsor with Durbin and that other twit Flake. I am less then impressed and as a matter of fact slightly embarrassed. I would love to hear from my SC brethren on this latest attempt by Graham to pass legislation.
I think it’s a great step forward for our state that we’ve shown we are progressive enough to elect a gay man to the senate.

Dang auto correct makes me look like a fool 3 times a day. I do that all on my own so I really don't need the extra help.

VoxG5Be.png

I'm not sure where people call him a RINO. I think he talks a LOT more moderate than he votes. When's the last time he he didn't toe the party line on a vote?

Reactions: duboserm
I don't always agree with him, but his constituent service is unmatched.

BETTER PIPE DOWN. HE GOLFED WITH THE DEAR LEADER.

Trump is far from being viewed as a living god like that cult leader you referenced. I think what you may be witnessing and thus equating to a cult is the very war for our countries freedoms and liberties. In that regard, yes we should all be fanatics!

He went from being a never trumper to one of his biggest shills.

In summary, he’s terrible and completely full of shit.

Reactions: 615mike
He is on national news as much as Trump...
He loves the camera and thinking he is important.
Not going to say he is or isn’t gay but would bet my ass he would hold one in his mouth.
Shake his hand and you will look for soap and water.
My guess is Jeff Duncan will run for his seat. Just a guess

I have had the chance to work with him and his office for my job. He is one of the most powerful people in Washington and SC would suffer for it when he does leave office. I think he is one of the only Senators that can reach across the aisle and get something done, which is generally a joke the way both side dig their heels. He takes hell for not shutting that door and just 100% towing the party line.

If he were to leave, we would have two Senators that get nothing done in DC and not just the one

I can only assume a ton of people have no idea how Washington works outside of what they watch on tv

I'm not sure where people call him a RINO. I think he talks a LOT more moderate than he votes. When's the last time he he didn't toe the party line on a vote?

I obviously cannot keep up with every vote but he voted for the Iran deal.

Voted against the better care act with a handful of Pubs

Graham is someone who will not embarrass you.

Trump is far from being viewed as a living god like that cult leader you referenced. I think what you may be witnessing and thus equating to a cult is the very war for our countries freedoms and liberties. In that regard, yes we should all be fanatics!

Huh?

I have had the chance to work with him and his office for my job. He is one of the most powerful people in Washington and SC would suffer for it when he does leave office. I think he is one of the only Senators that can reach across the aisle and get something done, which is generally a joke the way both side dig their heels. He takes hell for not shutting that door and just 100% towing the party line.

If he were to leave, we would have two Senators that get nothing done in DC and not just the one

I can only assume a ton of people have no idea how Washington works outside of what they watch on tv

Term limits may be the fix for this type of thinking. The old 'washington insider' mentality is why "drain the swamp" has become so popular.

Term limits may be the fix for this type of thinking. The old 'washington insider' mentality is why "drain the swamp" has become so popular.

I agree with you that term limits are a good idea, but if you think that a young Senator can get anything done, you are just wrong. You think Ralph Norman is getting anything done in his new seat in Congress, you are sorely mistaken. Zero effect, none.

Within the system that is in place and will continue to be in place, SC is in a much better position as a small state having a person like Graham in office. He has done a ton of great work for this state.

Reactions: creekside tiger

Depends on number of terms. You do not want an inexperienced legislative branch.

I agree with you that term limits are a good idea, but if you think that a young Senator can get anything done, you are just wrong. You think Ralph Norman is getting anything done in his new seat in Congress, you are sorely mistaken. Zero effect, none.

Within the system that is in place and will continue to be in place, SC is in a much better position as a small state having a person like Graham in office. He has done a ton of great work for this state.

Good to hear that your happy with his work. I just hope he picks better friends in the future. He must like going on junkets to AZ or something. Nevertheless interesting to read the different views.

So your saying if he was the HC at Clemson he would be fired? Why does this country consistently reward poor performing politicians with 4-6 more years and yet a new HC would be lucky to even get 4 years? College football>politics in the south we all know, but could be time to refocus?
Understand what your trying to say here but it’s tough to compare those two professions. All I know is Lindsay has accomplished absolutely zero for our state. He is nothing more than a yes man that somehow does enough to get re-elected. So his level of performance as a Power 5 HC would absolutely have his ass fired before 4 years. Now Trey Gowdy that’s a man I can get behind!!

Name 5 great things he has done for D.C.

Reactions: CtLiEgMeSrOsN
Understand what your trying to say here but it’s tough to compare those two professions. All I know is Lindsay has accomplished absolutely zero for our state. He is nothing more than a yes man that somehow does enough to get re-elected. So his level of performance as a Power 5 HC would absolutely have his ass fired before 4 years. Now Trey Gowdy that’s a man I can get behind!!

JSpears says differently. The reality is somewhere in between I would think. I just wish he would stop taking dramamine before he goes on national TV and stop hanging around flakes like Flake.

I do not agree with you on Lindsey, but I think you are more right wing than my right wing, which is your right. I assume he plays the middle a little to much for you. I do like Gowdy, he is a badass and if he were physically tall, I think he could go national

Reactions: footwedge33
JSpears says differently. The reality is somewhere in between I would think. I just wish he would stop taking dramamine before he goes on national TV and stop hanging around flakes like Flake.

I have not seen this new bill, I will look it up.

Understand what your trying to say here but it’s tough to compare those two professions. All I know is Lindsay has accomplished absolutely zero for our state. He is nothing more than a yes man that somehow does enough to get re-elected. So his level of performance as a Power 5 HC would absolutely have his ass fired before 4 years. Now Trey Gowdy that’s a man I can get behind!![/QUOTE]
Damn son you stuck your foot in that one!

I do not agree with you on Lindsey, but I think you are more right wing than my right wing, which is your right. I assume he plays the middle a little to much for you. I do like Gowdy, he is a badass and if he were physically tall, I think he could go national
Anybody who thinks anything other than badass when referencing Gowdy is either a complete snowflake or goes off appearances to judge character.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT