ADVERTISEMENT

Magas, please defend this

Anyone serious want to try? Perhaps some ex military who've lost their best friend in combat?

Do y'all think the presidential medal of freedom that Trump gave Mrs. Adelson is a bigger honor than the Congressional Medal of Honor?

It's funny. After literally years talking about Bidens mental decline, the MAGAs are strangely quiet. The more Trump speaks, the nuttier he sounds, and quite literally the more he insults voting blocks he needs.

For this man to try and denigate Tim Walz's military record, while he says and has said repeatedly awful things about veterans is just nuts.

Reactions: dpic73
It's funny. After literally years talking about Bidens mental decline, the MAGAs are strangely quiet. The more Trump speaks, the nuttier he sounds, and quite literally the more he insults voting blocks he needs.

For this man to try and denigate Tim Walz's military record, while he says and has said repeatedly awful things about veterans is just nuts.
I just think that it doesn’t really matter. As Trump himself said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and his supporters would still love him.

I honestly wonder if there’s anything he could do or say that would make his base of support turn away from him. I mean he’s said countless things like this that are direct insults to veterans and military votes will still absolutely break heavily for him.

I do think that what’s happened is that those voters who don’t really like Trump, but were really concerned about Biden’s mental decline have now had those concerns washed away with Biden out of the race, and it frees them up to vote Dem even if they have to do it begrudgingly. We’ve seen “undecideds” break pretty strong for Harris.

I do think it’s a mistake for Harris to debate Trump. I don’t think she’s particularly skilled in that arena, and Trump is just so, so good at spewing absolute bullshit with an extreme amount of authority that he typically comes off strong in these environments.

Trump is, probably accidentally, an absolute master of triggering the “click, whirr” response via false equivalencies and lies so big you kind of can’t help but believe them. Trump appeals to voter’s “feelings” and in today’s sound bite, click bait world that gets a lot more traction than someone who appeals to reason.

IMO, Harris is much better off staying in controlled environments and letting Trump kind of continue to say crazy shit out there on his own. Trump is going to try to lure her into a tit for tat and my fear is she’ll go down that road in an attempt to appear “tough” and he’ll absolutely mop the floor with her if she does.

I do think Dems should promote the VP debate as much as possible. So far Walz has come off as affable, genuine, and seems to have a quick wit. Vance, uh, does not.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I just think that it doesn’t really matter. As Trump himself said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and his supporters would still love him.

I honestly wonder if there’s anything he could do or say that would make his base of support turn away from him. I mean he’s said countless things like this that are direct insults to veterans and military votes will still absolutely break heavily for him.

I do think that what’s happened is that those voters who don’t really like Trump, but were really concerned about Biden’s mental decline have now had those concerns washed away with Biden out of the race, and it frees them up to vote Dem even if they have to do it begrudgingly. We’ve seen “undecideds” break pretty strong for Harris.

I do think it’s a mistake for Harris to debate Trump. I don’t think she’s particularly skilled in that arena, and Trump is just so, so good at spewing absolute bullshit with an extreme amount of authority that he typically comes off strong in these environments.

Trump is, probably accidentally, an absolute master of triggering the “click, whirr” response via false equivalencies and lies so big you kind of can’t help but believe them. Trump appeals to voter’s “feelings” and in today’s sound bite, click bait world that gets a lot more traction than someone who appeals to reason.

IMO, Harris is much better off staying in controlled environments and letting Trump kind of continue to say crazy shit out there on his own. Trump is going to try to lure her into a tit for tat and my fear is she’ll go down that road in an attempt to appear “tough” and he’ll absolutely mop the floor with her if she does.

I do think Dems should promote the VP debate as much as possible. So far Walz has come off as affable, genuine, and seems to have a quick wit. Vance, uh, does not.

Agree, but honestly in the debate if she can keep her cool ,and just let him seem nuts I think she'll do fine. Just listen,look puzzled and basically say something like," Since I don't have time to fact check... Whatever that was, here are my points.".

He truly seems to be spiralling and has seemed to lose all ability to finish his thoughts. It's wild to listen to him bounce all over the place. The more he talks,the better for everyone.

He isn't going to lose his base, but the base isn't big enough for him, and quite frankly for any Republican to win a Presidential election electorally without appealing to moderates and Independents. I totally agree with you on why we have seen the swing once Biden got out.

I truly think most of America that aren't MAGA hardcore's are just tired of his act. Constant negativity is just exhausting and doesn't play well forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT