ADVERTISEMENT

Mass murders needs to stop it in this country by white men

I have no idea. I dont watch fox news and only know who one of those ppl are. All i know of Rush Limbaugh is that he is a fat blow hard that will say anything for ratings. If it wasnt for him getting addicted to pills and that being on every news channel years ago i wouldn't know who he is more than likely. What i do know of him makes him seem like a bizarro Michael Moore.
This is my point, the Al Sharpton & Michael Moore on one side are met & exceeded by the Rush Limbaugh & Fox News crowd!

Systemic (or institutionalized) racism, isn't usually something overt and many times isn't even intentional.

In an attempt to keep this short, basically its the ways, practices, views, etc. of the dominant and most powerful group being forced upon those group with less power and influence. As well as making the subgroup's ways, practices, views, etc seen as inappropriate. It can also seen in government making policies and laws to the detriment of a particular subgroup.

That's an oversimplification, and if you want a better, more organized explaination I would recommend googling it.

An example question.
Two guys walk in to interview for a high level job. They both have the same experience and knowledge of the field. They even have on the same clothes. Which one of these guys is more likely to get hired?
Classic-Mens-Taper-Haircut.jpg
25qahhg.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I completely buy the concept, but I see where you're coming from.

There will always be assholes who treat people different for dumb reasons, but most of the time when I see the deck stacked against someone, it's because of poverty, not race. If we can fix that (easier said than done I freely admit), I think a lot of "racism" problems will melt away.

I Love Your Response! However, White America holds the key to making changes (Stop, I know you cannot stop evil) to some of the violence. For example Congress refuses to make common sense (Stop I Own Guns) gun laws - Controlled by White America! Congress refuses to make common sense changes (Stop, I day trade) on Wall Street - Controlled by White America!
Black on Black crime is a profitable problem for White America! White America controls our legal system, judges, lawyer, prison warden, owner of prison, mental health professionals & doctors - profitable industry!

Theres a lot to respond to in this but I can understand that you are saying that the most powerful people in America happen to be white. Because of their success they have a greater responsibility to the rest of US citizens who create and support the infrastructure that allows them to be so successful. They also happen to profit off of crooked methods (shocking). But there is no special club house where I as a white person can go to and petition to usurp corrupt private industries. It has to be done in the public market place of ideas and implemented by our elected representatives. But thats a tough sell especially when those rich folk own the news media.

We live in an oligarchy now, not a democracy. The Koch brothers want to use Super PAC's to do away with much of the government so that they can keep their billions to themselves. Many people (mostly upper class white families) think this is a great idea for some reason. I don't happen to agree with them, but now that MONEY=FREE SPEECH, I can't out yell the vocal minority who is controlling the conversation. White america doesn't really exist, its really just greed and capitalism that exist. Social contracts within communities are the way to succeed and have a happy life. Church or school or whatever, making the most with those around you is the only way.

Theres a lot to respond to in this but I can understand that you are saying that the most powerful people in America happen to be white. Because of their success they have a greater responsibility to the rest of US citizens who create and support the infrastructure that allows them to be so successful. They also happen to profit off of crooked methods (shocking). But there is no special club house where I as a white person can go to and petition to usurp corrupt private industries. It has to be done in the public market place of ideas and implemented by our elected representatives. But thats a tough sell especially when those rich folk own the news media.

We live in an oligarchy now, not a democracy. The Koch brothers want to use Super PAC's to do away with much of the government so that they can keep their billions to themselves. Many people (mostly upper class white families) think this is a great idea for some reason. I don't happen to agree with them, but now that MONEY=FREE SPEECH, I can't out yell the vocal minority who is controlling the conversation. White america doesn't really exist, its really just greed and capitalism that exist. Social contracts within communities are the way to succeed and have a happy life. Church or school or whatever, making the most with those around you is the only way.
Bravo, let's have coffee. I will reiterate that with all said, these are still White People, thus They have the power! Again, well said, especially your last sentence!!

Poverty is only a common theme but not the root of the problem.

Broken homes...especially where the dad is either non-existent or worse, a poor influence (drugs, prison, abusive), are the major drivers in children developing these behaviors/characteristics.

Money alone won't solve anything because even with a parent being able to buy/provide whatever the kid still grows up with a warped sense of worth due to a parent (father) that obviously (in their mind) doesn't love/want them. That will still result in them aligning with other kids/influences that exhibit a similar hurt/anger, and they will find ways/mediums to channel that anger/hurt.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I completely buy the concept, but I see where you're coming from.

There will always be assholes who treat people different for dumb reasons, but most of the time when I see the deck stacked against someone, it's because of poverty, not race. If we can fix that (easier said than done I freely admit), I think a lot of "racism" problems will melt away.
NP, and I think the poverty issue for blacks, while it may have been started by the mistreatment of whites, is a situation where we have to figure out how to get around it on out own. Sure we will need help, but more of the onus has to be shouldered by us more than we have been so far.

Just to realllllly stir the pot, why are we leaving Hispanic people out of the conversation???? They make up the second largest population percentage, but are lower than black and white in the murder category. The interesting thing is a very large percentage of the Hispanic population is poor. Why are their numbers so low?? My theory is because Hispanics value family probably more than any other race in our country currently. Yes, systemic racism and poverty are a big problem for African Americans. The breakdown of the family is just as big if not bigger though. And yes, there is some overlap between the problems.

Percent of population - Total murders - IF all numbers were equal
White 63.7% - 3005 - - 3005
Hispanic 16.3% - 588 - 2298
Black 12.2% - 2491 - 13,006

I'm surprised no one has offered an explanation for this.

You've did it again unknowingly. Why do I have to be better then you? Its not a competition. I'm just trying to understand why ppl like you stay obvious to the in between the lines talk. That's the problem. I respect you as a man and we can agree to disagree no winners no losers.

You've DONE it again [,] unknowingly. Why do I have to be better THAN you? It[']s not a competition. I'm just trying to understand why people like you stay OBLIVIOUS to the in-between the lines talk. That's the problem. I respect you as a man, and we can agree to disagree. [There are] no winners or losers.

I'm sorry. It's driving be bonkers.

I just wanna hear the excuses this board will make to defend their own.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR RACE ISSUES TO 'COOTVILLE' OR UTenn OR TAM. BUT NOT HERE.
THIS WOULD BE DIVISIVE AND DEAD WRONG.
CLEMSON IS NOT INTO RACE ISSUES.
RESPECTFULLY,
THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE DIGNITY OF CLEMSON UNIVERSITY

Reactions: JamesD7
SOMEONE IS DELETING 'PEACE' POSTS AND PROMOTING 'DIVISION' POSTS ON THIS WEB SITE.
MAY BE YAHOO?
OR BIG DADDY IN DC
HATE IS BAD NO MATTER WHAT COLOR
AND ITS ON THE RISE, DON'T BELIEVE JUST WATCH THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES
IF YOU'RE REALLY CONCERNED, VS JUST WANTING TO STIR THE HATE POT, DO SOMETHING TANGIBLE. GET OUT THERE AND FIGURE OUT WHAT CAUSES HATE AND CURE ONE CASE AT A TIME.

Reactions: JamesD7
PLEASE TAKE YOUR RACE ISSUES TO 'COOTVILLE' OR UTenn OR TAM. BUT NOT HERE.
THIS WOULD BE DIVISIVE AND DEAD WRONG.
CLEMSON IS NOT INTO RACE ISSUES.
RESPECTFULLY,
THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE DIGNITY OF CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
I do as I please. If you have a problem with it I would love to meet you in person.

I echo an earlier poster who said this board has become shit! IMO to allow this utterly devisive thread to continue to the point it did is pathetic. It has no purpose but to divide us! Obviously, we all have different backgrounds and belief's. I judge a man by his actions not the color of his skin! I feel so strongly about this that a couple of weeks ago that when Higher Education accused me in another thread of being "racist" I posted my home address and cell number on this board so anyone that wanted to discuss my beliefs could do so on the phone or in person. That is how strongly I feel about this issue! I have cancelled my membership to TI as a result of my feelings on this and response I received. Good luck to all tiger brothers!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT