ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam

I admit I was a touch lost with all the commotion and discussion. I kept reading about cake licking and I thought it was some sort of urban dictionary term like grumpy munchkin that was in reference to guys kissing. I was watching NFL network & they didn't air the same footage. Now it see where some are coming from in regards to ESPN overkill. That was just silly & another reason to watch NFL network.

I'll clarify by saying some of this isn't Michael SAMs fault. It's thrown on him by the media and the news cycle. But you've got to know that you're in the spotlight now. You're the metaphor for every gay athlete now. So lock it up and prove it on the field.

Well said, Navytigersc, and thanks for your honesty. I wonder if you'll be considered a mouthbreather for having a different view than Tigerdutch, though. SMH
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by PKGinATL:
You are so wrong on this assertion. The Bible clearly defines what is right and wrong. As a Christian, I do not judge the sentence but I can stand up to say his lifestyle is wrong.. He is a free man to make his choices but I am also free to not want it shoved in my face.
The Bible says lots of things. Do you literally interpret Lot's offering his virgin daughters to strangers for sex as evidence that you are free to do the same thing?

If you got hate in your heart brotha let it out, but don't hide behind the Bible. Bad enough you're a bigot, we don't need you dragging Jesus down with you.

Originally posted by G-Man!!!:
Who am I to judge, "HOWEVER" that junk was over the top when I was watching ESPN this morning only to see them (ESPN) give about 3-4 minutes of air time to show Michael Sam and his boy lover wiping whipped cream all over each others face and licking it off one another all while crying like two b!tcheeezzzzzz when MS was finally drafted.

In a day and time when a few people fuss about prayer in school and have it removed because it offends a few, how about having to watch two grown men doing all that on T.V.
tired.r191677.gif
I feel like my rights were "violated".
What right are you referring to?

Your right to be an ignorant homophobe? You've still got that right, this is America after all.

Your right not to be offended at what's shown on TV? That right's long gone, if it ever existed at all.

Your right to use unnecessary quotation marks? I will defend that right to the death, good sir. Viva la "quotation" marks.

Originally posted by BigCat123:

Originally posted by PKGinATL:
You are so wrong on this assertion. The Bible clearly defines what is right and wrong. As a Christian, I do not judge the sentence but I can stand up to say his lifestyle is wrong.. He is a free man to make his choices but I am also free to not want it shoved in my face.
The Bible says lots of things. Do you literally interpret Lot's offering his virgin daughters to strangers for sex as evidence that you are free to do the same thing?

If you got hate in your heart brotha let it out, but don't hide behind the Bible. Bad enough you're a bigot, we don't need you dragging Jesus down with you.
Pseudo intellect on full display.

Originally posted by NavyTigerSC:
I'll clarify by saying some of this isn't Michael SAMs fault. It's thrown on him by the media and the news cycle. But you've got to know that you're in the spotlight now. You're the metaphor for every gay athlete now. So lock it up and prove it on the field.
As far as yesterday goes it's mostly Michael Sam's fault. He could have gotten the phone call in private instead of inviting the media into his home so we could all witness him carrying on the way he did. That was his choice and not the media.

NavyTiger...agree 100%, I've never seen a straight guy go at his girlfriend the way Sam went after his yesterday. It was a poorly timed display.

NavyTigerSC, thanks for the perspective, and I had the same feeling. It was a bit over the top to kind of prove a point, and ended up being awkward and uncomfortable, it look scripted instead of genuine.

And I have to think that the Rams were disappointed to see it as well. The one thing you dont want if you are them is this to turn into a circus. If the media does not let this play out without too much undue pressure, it won't end well. His teammates will get fed up pretty quickly if they are pestered with questions about it every day.

Originally posted by tigerincharlotte:
NavyTiger...agree 100%, I've never seen a straight guy go at his girlfriend the way Sam went after his yesterday. It was a poorly timed display.
Well, I wouldn't go that far... there are straight couples that do stupid crap like that all the time. It's just as embarrassing.

I mean jeez....Al Gore did it on stage.

ACTUALLY FELT BAD FOR THE BOYFRIEND. HIS POOR PINK CHEERIO HAVING TO TAKE ON THAT THUNDERSTICK WITH 260 LBS BEHIND IT...
sean-smith-photos-1.jpg

I've never seen a straight guy go at his girlfriend the way Sam went after his yesterday.
Yeah, that's not true at all. TV is literally full of heterosexual PDA.

Not it that it matters anyway, it's not really the PDA that bothers you, it's the two dudes sexin on eachother. If it'd been Bortles and his fine girlfriend everybody would have been making comments about how hot she is and how he's a stud. If it'd been a couple of hot chicks everybody would have loved it.

You're grossed out by the thought of two dudes together. It threatens you. Just admit it. You'll feel better if you're honest with yourself.

I've never seen a straight guy go at his girlfriend the way Sam went after his yesterday.

Not it that it matters anyway, it's not really the PDA that bothers you, it's the two dudes sexin on eachother. If it'd been Bortles and his fine girlfriend everybody would have been making comments about how hot she is and how he's a stud. If it'd been a couple of hot chicks everybody would have loved it.

You're grossed out by the thought of two dudes together. It threatens you. Just admit it. You'll feel better if you're honest with yourself.
roll.r191677.gif

I have several gay friends from high school, I've yet to see them lick cake off each others lips.

It bothered me so I did turn the channel! Only to see that gay, homo, queer, face licking crap on another channel as well.
So u morons out there turning the channel didn't help. Now for the next year we will have to turn the channel because that's all they are going to sho because of the ratings. I hope all u liberals are Rams fans and they have a Gay rights parade on opening Sunday of Football season!

Originally posted by SWUtigers:
Well said, Navytigersc, and thanks for your honesty. I wonder if you'll be considered a mouthbreather for having a different view than Tigerdutch, though. SMH

Another mouthbreather, read my posts and tell me where I said the cake licking and videos were ok. I did not even know they existed until this morning and all the crying on TI. And, Gman is an idiot and does need to worry about other thing than a MS draft video. SMH.

There is no smashing of cake between these people!!!! Not a fair comparison!!!

Originally posted by watty55:
I admit I was a touch lost with all the commotion and discussion. I kept reading about cake licking and I thought it was some sort of urban dictionary term like grumpy munchkin that was in reference to guys kissing. I was watching NFL network & they didn't air the same footage. Now it see where some are coming from in regards to ESPN overkill. That was just silly & another reason to watch NFL network.
This post is exactly how I felt, but I still haven't seen the cake licking and don't plan on seeking it out. I will take everyone's word for it.

Originally posted by on this assertion. The Bible clearly defines what is right and wrong. As a Christian, I do not judge the sentence but I can stand up to say his lifestyle is wrong.. He is a free man to make his choices but I am also free to not want it shoved in my face.
Well said. I have already blocked mtv from my cable because of their agenda filled garbage programming.

Originally posted by Dbatz:

Originally posted by on this assertion. The Bible clearly defines what is right and wrong. As a Christian, I do not judge the sentence but I can stand up to say his lifestyle is wrong.. He is a free man to make his choices but I am also free to not want it shoved in my face.
Well said. I have already blocked mtv from my cable because of their agenda filled garbage programming.

i agree.

its always a good idea to insulate yourself from things you dont agree with, especially MTV.

All that terrible liberal network does is "SHOVE" liberal propaganda down our throats, i mean, THEY DONT EVEN show "music" anymore.

Good idea to "block" it, cant take the chance that your remote will break and you'll be forced to watch it for a week straight and turn into a gay. cant let that happen.

Originally posted by iceheart08:
Originally posted by Dbatz:

i agree.

its always a good idea to insulate yourself from things you dont agree with, especially MTV.

All that terrible liberal network does is "SHOVE" liberal propaganda down our throats, i mean, THEY DONT EVEN show "music" anymore.

Good idea to "block" it, cant take the chance that your remote will break and you'll be forced to watch it for a week straight and turn into a gay. cant let that happen.
Being stupid and blind about the Liberal media is just being a fvcking GD moron. I digress. But you know how I stand with you and your ilk.

The PC and bullshit in this country is laughable. My sister is gay. She is also Jewish....as am I (although a Christian in beliefs). Which one should you slam her for?.

My God people are morons.

TigerGuy, after you finish calling everybody else morons, tell us some more about how the Stansberry Research group is correctly predicting the collapse of the American economy.

I find it hilarious (and a little sad) that religion's stated objective is to make us better people, but frequently just ends up making us intolerant jerks.

This post was edited on 5/11 6:14 PM by alphamale621

Originally posted by alphamale621:
I find it hilarious (and a little sad) that religion's stated objective is to make us better people, but frequently just ends up making us intolerant jerks.
Agreed, although I'd probably add the word "organized" in front of the word religion. A single religious person is usually a good dude/woman. 1,000 religious people together is usually a lynch mob.

TigerGuy, after you finish calling everybody else morons, tell us some more about how the Stansberry Research group is correctly predicting the collapse of the American economy.
tumblr_lvi7byNJJD1qh4coy.gif

Originally posted by TigerDutch:

Originally posted by SWUtigers:

Another mouthbreather, read my posts and tell me where I said the cake licking and videos were ok. I did not even know they existed until this morning and all the crying on TI. And, Gman is an idiot and does need to worry about other thing than a MS draft video. SMH.
TigerDutch - I didn't think what I saw on tv was appropiate and never called you out (idiot), but while your'e talking about idiots maybe you should lick the cake icing off Michael Sams a$$.

I most certainly am worthy of judging others. I do it on a daily basis. I also have no invisible god to tell me I'm wrong :)

Completely disagree with this post.
If Clowney or JF had acted like that with their girlfriends on camera, they would have gotten abused on here. And nobody would be calling those posters rednecks, mouthbreathers, and knuckle draggers. Nobody would be calling Clowney a stud for licking his girl's face, I can almost guarantee.

And, if somebody says that they don't want to see a bunch of PDA, it's not up to you to interpret what they're really saying.

This post was edited on 5/11 10:12 PM by chassc

Christianity is not just a religion. It's about a personnel relationship with the creator of the universe.
He said there is only 1 way to the Father and that is through him. Jesus came to destroy the corrupt religious culture of his day. He is so much more than just a religion, he is the way, the truth , and the life.

Originally posted by Earle36:
Christianity is not just a religion. It's about a personnel relationship with the creator of the universe.
He said there is only 1 way to the Father and that is through him. Jesus came to destroy the corrupt religious culture of his day. He is so much more than just a religion, he is the way, the truth , and the life.
In light of you being such a luminary on the subject, please elucidate for us how one can have a personnel relationship with God. What in fact, is a personnel relationship? Just curious....

this is like a whole different language.

Now, there's no reason to get personnel.

Originally posted by CostenoTiger:

Now, there's no reason to get personnel.
laugh.r191677.gif

Kudos for the tasty thread.

Aside from becoming the TMZ for SPORTS, surprised no one mentioned ESPN being 80% owned by Disney. Disney embraces all walks of life and wants to promote it. The happiest place on earth is in the cast member living quarters.

But let me remind those who have issue with ESPN, they've never hidden who they are. The ENTERTAINMENT and Sports Programming Network is not about pure sports, never has been. They've always had a story agenda. They love it, they want it. It's how they attract the small amount of female viewers because they know the men will watch regardless.

Good luck to Sam, hopefully his play on the field outshines his off field matters........ And that goes for everyone.

Good God, I feel like some of the board members are Michael Jackson on Southpark sometimes…. "no that's ignorant". ESPN is trying to push a point and there's no denying it. It was on SC replay all morning. People can have an opinion other than what's considered PC now a days. I didn't enjoy watching two gay guys doing that on tv and I wouldn't enjoy watching a guy and his girlfriend doing that as well. Just because people share this opinion doesn't mean you can call them a bigot or ignorant. If I send some hate tweet attacking him or some other clear action however then fire away, but we're talking a fundamental difference of opinion here..

Godless liberals constantly attack people as hater's , when they are the only ones with hate in their heart.
Will pray for them, before it's too late.

Godless liberals constantly attack people as hater's , when they are the only ones with hate in their heart.
Will pray for them, before it's too late.
Yeah Earle, that's just how I picture you- down on your knees, praying for the godless liberals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT