ADVERTISEMENT

My Keys to the Game

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
Folks, I got the flu about 10 days ago and it put me on my butt. I wasn't sick so much is I was tired. I had zero energy. I even gave my Miami tickets to a friend because I didn't have the energy to make the drive last week. My wife finally made me take a COVID test, and after 2.5 years, the Wuhan flu finally got me. I'm on the upside now but all the holidays have kept my plate full. I've wanted to compose a number of threads to get hyped for the chickens, I just haven't had the energy to be creative.

So I sit here now watching the Tar Heels be the Tar Heels while at the same time staring at a Christmas tree that needs lights. I hate putting lights on a tree with a passion. With that, I finally found a reason to post.

Here are my thoughts about the keys to the game.
  1. Get the Horses Lathered. The Tigers are at their best when the running game is keeping us ahead of the chains and giving us third and short. The three-headed Cerberus of Shipley, Mafah and DJU need to pound the chickens' line. If UF can have three 100 yard rushers against USuCk, there's no reason we can't have two. Running the ball means game control and keeps the few play makers USuCk has on the sideline. 200 yards rushing equals a "W" for us tomorrow.
  2. Stay Possessive. I have no idea how Clemson caught the turnover bug, but throw on some stick'm and get tough and hold on to the damn ball. USuCk is one of the worst teams in the nation in turnover margin. "Beamer Ball 2.0" is ranked 110th in the nation. We can't give them extra at bats tomorrow. We can't let them mentally think they are in the game.
  3. Watch out for the trickeration. Clappy the Clown knows he needs to do something to get his team fired up. Sometime in the first or second quarter, he well pull out a gadget play. Whether its a fake punt, flea flicker, or fake FG, he's going to try something. Have your radar on, snuff it out, and squash it. Take any false hope from them.
  4. East Bound and Down. Loaded up and truckin'. Keep the pedal to the metal good buddy. It's the last time these seniors are playing in Death Valley. Let's make a memory, shall we? "Zero" as a nice ring to it.
Ain't no way the Chickens are coming into Death Valley and ending our winning streak. We are going to body slam them with our version of the Stone Cold Stunner. The only question is how bad do we beat them. I say the Tigers leave no doubt this week and gave the committee something to considers.

Tigers 34
Chickens 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News