ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley

I grew up in Columbia, MD. It's hard for me to get past how far Baltimore has slipped. It was on an upward trajectory when I lived there. It's a great city that is so marginalized because of all that goes on there now. It's so tragic to see. Maryland is a beautiful place and I enjoyed living there. Annapolis is one of my favorite places I have been.
I grew up in Maryland (PG County) and my folks lived there until a few years ago. I left after HS and never looked back.

How Maryland got a Republican Governor is as amazing as a pink unicorn. I have no idea how that happened.

Maryland could be a very nice state but....it's next to the swamp and all the folks that come to the area to work for the fed and the bazillion contractors in the area. The 80 miles around DC is a concrete mess anymore. Most folks in the state are transplants which makes it tough for the states identity to come out.

Baltimore is Detroit without all the press. My daughter wants to be a doctor and has gotten TONS of material from Johns Hopkins for college. She was interested but, among other things, there's no way I am sending her to live in Baltimore. It's a dump.

The Eastern shore is nice. So is the area north from Fredrick. St Charles can be nice but it is very remote.

I grew up in Columbia, MD. It's hard for me to get past how far Baltimore has slipped. It was on an upward trajectory when I lived there. It's a great city that is so marginalized because of all that goes on there now. It's so tragic to see. Maryland is a beautiful place and I enjoyed living there. Annapolis is one of my favorite places I have been.
Oh! 100% ... I grew up in Annapolis, and LOVED living there(Im over on the Eastern Shore now). Annapolis is still a great town, but ... Im very happy on the RIGHT side of the Bridge and only cross it when I absolutely have too.

The decline of Baltimore is ... absolutely amazing. Its not like it was the best city before 2015, but you could at least be in Federal Hill, Canton, Little Italy, the Inner Harbor, Mount Vernon, and the area around the University of Maryland Hospital and John's Hopkins and feel relatively safe. If you went outside of those areas????? Best of luck to you ..... but ever since the Freddie Grey riots in 2015, no where is "safe".

Businesses are closing up left and right, and the people who can are fleeing the city because it has just become so out of control.

But ... like I said ... Im on the Eastern Shore ... just keep all that mess on the other side of the Bridge.

I grew up in Maryland (PG County) and my folks lived there until a few years ago. I left after HS and never looked back.

How Maryland got a Republican Governor is as amazing as a pink unicorn. I have no idea how that happened.

Maryland could be a very nice state but....it's next to the swamp and all the folks that come to the area to work for the fed and the bazillion contractors in the area. The 80 miles around DC is a concrete mess anymore. Most folks in the state are transplants which makes it tough for the states identity to come out.

Baltimore is Detroit without all the press. My daughter wants to be a doctor and has gotten TONS of material from Johns Hopkins for college. She was interested but, among other things, there's no way I am sending her to live in Baltimore. It's a dump.

The Eastern shore is nice. So is the area north from Fredrick. St Charles can be nice but it is very remote.
So I was really dialed in on Hogan's first campaign. Even attended a fundraiser for him, and have a pretty cool story which I have shared before ..... but anyways.... How did Hogan win?

The State had just gone through the "Owe Malley" years and people ... left and right ... were pissed. Hogan ran on a campaign of "Change" and unlike past Republican candidates, he campaigned from the middle, because he knew leaning to far right was a loser in Maryland. Additionally, Anthony Brown the Dem candidate ran a very lazy campaign ... its Maryland? No need to go out and campaign? right?

Larry started early on social media, fund raising, truly a grass roots campaign. Well folks really started to listen to what he was saying, his popularity grew on Facebook .... and after the first Gubernatorial debate where he essentially gutted Brown live on stage his popularity took off. He carried every county except PG, Montgomery, and Baltimore City I believe .... amazing feat in this State.

and agreed with everything you said about the areas around Baltimore. I would add the areas north of Baltimore ...Belair.... Fallston Hartford County are really nice ..... I LOVE living on the Shore, and this is were you absolutely feel and get to experience the State's identity.

Oh! 100% ... I grew up in Annapolis, and LOVED living there(Im over on the Eastern Shore now). Annapolis is still a great town, but ... Im very happy on the RIGHT side of the Bridge and only cross it when I absolutely have too.

The decline of Baltimore is ... absolutely amazing. Its not like it was the best city before 2015, but you could at least be in Federal Hill, Canton, Little Italy, the Inner Harbor, Mount Vernon, and the area around the University of Maryland Hospital and John's Hopkins and feel relatively safe. If you went outside of those areas????? Best of luck to you ..... but ever since the Freddie Grey riots in 2015, no where is "safe".

Businesses are closing up left and right, and the people who can are fleeing the city because it has just become so out of control.

But ... like I said ... Im on the Eastern Shore ... just keep all that mess on the other side of the Bridge.
My brother lives in Canton. I’ve been there 3x in the last 2 years. Felt safe every time we walked around. Also been to Fed Hill and Inner Harbor. Was fine. My parents grew up in Bmore and it’s for sure seen it’s decline but it’s not as bad as you’re painting it.

Reactions: flotiger
My brother lives in Canton. I’ve been there 3x in the last 2 years. Felt safe every time we walked around. Also been to Fed Hill and Inner Harbor. Was fine. My parents grew up in Bmore and it’s for sure seen it’s decline but it’s not as bad as you’re painting it.
More power to ya … good luck and be safe.

You kidding? She took the flag down.

Technically, she didn’t, as only the Legislature could take it down. She did however force then into a session for a vote with her handling of the shooting and subsequent speech. She rightly gets the credit even though she couldn’t make it happen without the Legislature sending her the bill to sign.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Just for discussion purposes.

Really? If that's all they have them she must be pretty good. I presume this is MAGA site. Them talking about Haley's moral depravity is pretty special stuff considering who they would support. I guess hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Really? If that's all they have them she must be pretty good. I presume this is MAGA site. Them talking about Haley's moral depravity is pretty special stuff considering who they would support. I guess hypocrisy knows no bounds.
i am not worried or swayed about any of the personal stuff. Number one makes her a no go for me though. She is an establishment tool.

i am not worried or swayed about any of the personal stuff. Number one makes her a no go for me though. She is an establishment tool.

I don't agree with that assessment, but if I did think she was a neocon, I would not support her. These are tricky times. No way a true conservative is going to be elected next cycle. I wish that weren't the case but the country has drifted so far left because of the last four presidents that there is a lot of work to be done to just start working back toward the center. It'll be a long time, if ever, that we see the kind of candidate that I am hoping for run for President and have a chance to win. There is no strong evidence she's a tool for anyone. At least that I have seen or am aware of.

100% MAGA site, makes the Gateway Pundit look like the AP.

I figured as much. They titled it a never-ending list and named three or four things that really don't hold up. That sounds about right for that movement which long ago lost sight of any principles that are actually important and turned to rage for the Donald in all things.

I don't agree with that assessment, but if I did think she was a neocon, I would not support her. These are tricky times. No way a true conservative is going to be elected next cycle. I wish that weren't the case but the country has drifted so far left because of the last four presidents that there is a lot of work to be done to just start working back toward the center. It'll be a long time, if ever, that we see the kind of candidate that I am hoping for run for President and have a chance to win. There is no strong evidence she's a tool for anyone. At least that I have seen or am aware of.
Disagree this country is not drifted to the left, we just have a lying media that doesn’t tell the truth about their left’s agenda. DeSantis I believe will be the nominee and will win and he is very conservative and smart.

Disagree this country is not drifted to the left, we just have a lying media that doesn’t tell the truth about their left’s agenda. DeSantis I believe will be the nominee and will win and he is very conservative and smart.

The country has absolutely drifted to the left. There is no question about that. But to your point, I think there's a much larger center right in this country than people realize. We just have not had an effective voice on the right for a very long time. Really since Ronald Reagan back in the '80s.

81,000,000 > 74,000,000

I bet a lot of those so called votes really regret that now.
Not a chance - if that was the case there really would have been a giant red wave in the mid-terms but instead the voters made it loud and clear, they wanted no part of Trumpy candidates. If they're still repudiating him, what makes you think they regret not voting for him? Also, keep in mind that since those 81 million votes were cast, Trump inspired an insurrection and has been lying about the election ever since. He's gotten WORSE since then so I'm sure they regret nothing.

This is a center-left country no matter if you believe it or not. My guess is you're probably living in a red state surrounded by people who think the same way as you, so you're not exposed to a wide range of people who believe differently.

Not a chance - if that was the case there really would have been a giant red wave in the mid-terms but instead the voters made it loud and clear, they wanted no part of Trumpy candidates. If they're still repudiating him, what makes you think they regret not voting for him? Also, keep in mind that since those 81 million votes were cast, Trump inspired an insurrection and has been lying about the election ever since. He's gotten WORSE since then so I'm sure they regret nothing.

This is a center-left country no matter if you believe it or not. My guess is you're probably living in a red state surrounded by people who think the same way as you, so you're not exposed to a wide range of people who believe differently.
Not sure if you know it or not, but look at the country county by county the entire country is red except a few red dots where city slums are located.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Not sure if you know it or not, but look at the country county by county the entire country is red except a few red dots where city slums are located.
This is what it actually looks like

960533_81_90771_6LZWdKRC9.jpg

I think the country is center-left socially and center-right fiscally. Perhaps I’m wrong now, but I just don’t come across a bunch of people clamoring for more taxes, big government spending, new entitlements, etc.

More like tons of people who would identify as socially liberal (pro choice, pro gay marriage, etc, which is more like socially moderate these days) and fiscally conservative.

And while I’m in SC, I work for a company dominated by millennials in liberal parts of the country. I’m on a plane to Philly right now. Was in CA last week. Will be in Denver in a few weeks. I have plenty of exposure outside of SC, and even my little corner of our fair state is quite purple.

I think the country is center-left socially and center-right fiscally. Perhaps I’m wrong now, but I just don’t come across a bunch of people clamoring for more taxes, big government spending, new entitlements, etc.

More like tons of people who would identify as socially liberal (pro choice, pro gay marriage, etc, which is more like socially moderate these days) and fiscally conservative.

And while I’m in SC, I work for a company dominated by millennials in liberal parts of the country. I’m on a plane to Philly right now. Was in CA last week. Will be in Denver in a few weeks. I have plenty of exposure outside of SC, and even my little corner of our fair state is quite purple.
I don't think you're representative of the majority of Republicans because you're in the top 1.8% of the population and you come across as a one-trick pony. Don't tax me bro!

The majority of the people I know aren't focused much on taxes because we see them as an unavoidable cost for keeping the country functional. What they do see is a party on the other side filled with bigots, hatemongers, conspiracy theorists and Christofascist ideologues that believe the nation should conform to their beliefs.

That doesn't mean that all Republicans are racist, but almost all racists are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are homophobes, but almost all homophobes are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are conspiracy theorists, but almost all conspiracy theorists are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are backwards-thinking Bible beaters, but most backward-thinking Bible beaters are Republican

I don't believe you are any of those things but a large majority of your party absolutely share some or all of those traits. You can just look at this board to see a stark difference between the left and the right that confirms what I laid out. Then you look outside of the board and you see all the white militias, the Qanon nutjobs, The Taylor Greene's, Boebert's and Gosars. Take a look at all the ignoramuses that attend the Trump rallies and listen to how they talk. Your side just keeps getting darker and scarier and most Americans do not want that in their lives. Hence why 81,000,000 were so motivated to come out to stamp out that threat.

Y'all act like we've gone too far but you're really talking about our extreme fringe. On your side. the fringe has become the mainstream. Big difference

• Wow
Reactions: TigerGrowls
I don't think you're representative of the majority of Republicans because you're in the top 1.8% of the population and you come across as a one-trick pony. Don't tax me bro!

The majority of the people I know aren't focused much on taxes because we see them as an unavoidable cost for keeping the country functional. What they do see is a party on the other side filled with bigots, hatemongers, conspiracy theorists and Christofascist ideologues that believe the nation should conform to their beliefs.

That doesn't mean that all Republicans are racist, but almost all racists are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are homophobes, but almost all homophobes are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are conspiracy theorists, but almost all conspiracy theorists are Republican
That doesn't mean that all Republicans are backwards-thinking Bible beaters, but most backward-thinking Bible beaters are Republican

I don't believe you are any of those things but a large majority of your party absolutely share some or all of those traits. You can just look at this board to see a stark difference between the left and the right that confirms what I laid out. Then you look outside of the board and you see all the white militias, the Qanon nutjobs, The Taylor Greene's, Boebert's and Gosars. Take a look at all the ignoramuses that attend the Trump rallies and listen to how they talk. Your side just keeps getting darker and scarier and most Americans do not want that in their lives. Hence why 81,000,000 were so motivated to come out to stamp out that threat.

Y'all act like we've gone too far but you're really talking about our extreme fringe. On your side. the fringe has become the mainstream. Big difference

Nowhere in there is anything about policy. Just more about racism, etc. From a policy standpoint, I still contend we’re center-left socially and center-right fiscally.

The last 6 years have certainly brought out the culture wars though. And the buffoons we’ve nominated don’t help our optics.

Nowhere in there is anything about policy. Just more about racism, etc. From a policy standpoint, I still contend we’re center-left socially and center-right fiscally.

The last 6 years have certainly brought out the culture wars though. And the buffoons we’ve nominated don’t help our optics.
I could get wonky and talk about policy but let's be honest - most Americans don't vote on policy details. I'm telling you what I know to be true and why it's so hard for your side to win the popular vote. What I laid out may not matter to you but it matters to most.

maybe by US standards, but compared to the rest of the first world, the US is a pretty substantial RW country

Reactions: fcctiger12
I could get wonky and talk about policy but let's be honest - most Americans don't vote on policy details. I'm telling you what I know to be true and why it's so hard for your side to win the popular vote. What I laid out may not matter to you but it matters to most.

Fair. Half the country is of below average intelligence. There are 150 million+ people with a double digit IQ. Most barely contribute to the tax base. So I see how these identity politics work on most of the country. Pubs do it too. It’s really a shame.

Tucker Carlson: He stepped in it. But to be fair to Don Lemon, Nikki Haley seemed like perfectly fair game. She’s a Republican presidential candidate, so savage her are all you want. Oh, but no, because in fact, in all the ways that matter, Nikki Haley is a member in good standing of the most protected class of all – upper-income liberal white ladies with fashionable political views. She may be running to be the Republican nominee, but she is fundamentally indistinguishable from the neo-liberal donor base of the Democratic Party. Nikki Haley believes in collective racial guilt. She thinks Ukraine’s borders are more important than our own. Far more important. She believes identity politics is our future. Vote for me because I’m a woman, she says. That’s her pitch. So Don Lemon should have caught this, but he missed it completely. He didn’t get it, and so he stepped in his final bear trap. Don Lemon may be black, but that doesn’t mean he’s allowed to criticize Nikki Haley. Sorry. If it’s a choice between a black man and a liberal white lady, the Democratic party will drop the black guy every single time. Who makes up a bigger proportion of the American electorate?

The Don lemons or the Nikki Haley’s? It’s not a close call. Shut up, black guy. How dare you criticize girl power?

ADVERTISEMENT