ADVERTISEMENT

No football in S.C. if....

So......we gonna tell these players that everyone has to wear a mask indoors.....in classrooms, team meetings, position meetings, film, etc etc........but rip off the mask and go practice and play????

This question is for those who preach that people who don’t wear masks will cause football to not be played

People - if society can’t function without masks, we ain’t having football.

As soon as the masks come off again, it will spread again. Doesn’t matter WHEN that happens. Masks do slow spread. But they don’t eliminate the virus.

we are probably going to be in a start/stop pattern until vaccine (and it still looks like that is a LONG ways off). And since governments saw what happened to economy with the shutdowns, they will do everything possible to avoid those again. Which means we will be stuck in this pattern of spikes for too long. Which also means amateur sports is not happening

The only way we have sports this fall is for an entire shutdown for several weeks and have everyone shelter in place. Give the virus no hosts, hope it dies off. And that is not an option. Governments won’t go there again

Studies are showing this thing has mutated and is now MORE infectious.

You left off something... I’ll complete it for you. More infectious but symptoms are now relatively mild.

Lol at McMaster saying this as he literally does nothing to stop the spread. How many people will be at the beaches tomorrow and how many will be from out of state?

Numbers only going to get worse in SC.
Don’t think the families on the beaches are the problem. Think the drunks in the bars and morons going to parties and “fests “ are main issue.

I agree with everything you’re saying and liked your post. The issue I’m up against at the moment is for a lack of a better way of phrasing it, information overload. I’ve listened and read information from both sides from countless sources. We need to know the truth before we can understand how to deal with the problem. I absolutely believe we are being lied to about multiply things. Either we are dealing with a one of a kind disease in which doctors and the smartest people in that profession can’t figure out what to do or the numbers aren’t what they appear to be or possibly both. We know half of the deaths came from nursing homes. Now young people are the main issue. Something very bad is taking place. To much to discuss ITT.

TigerGrad, look at the average age of those dying from this virus. Kids are getting it and moving on with it a few days. Many get a positive and don’t even know they have it. So I’d like to know what is so dire about that? I for one would be elated if I got it and was better within a few days. Better than last time I had the flu or even a bad sinus infection.

and you’re spot on about information. Why does the narrative keep changing? Seems way too convenient.

The virus is no more dangerous to our football players than the flu. They are more likely to twist their knees walking onto the field than get seriously ill.

By the seasons start, all of our players will already have had it. I know opinions are varied on immunity, but most agree that they will have it, at least for a time.

Yeah but maybe it hits other schools later...

If those in charge make players sit out for 10 days after simply testing positive, then we will not have football.

If those in charge make players sit out only if they are symptomatic or sick, then we will have a season.

Last edited:
Never thought beliefs about a pandemic would be sharply divided by party lines but here we are.

Not sure I agree that it is split on party lines. I think media wants to spin it that way. And there are some extremists on both sides in this forum who like to push their narrative ........but if you look around at who is ignoring social distancing and masks, it is young people for the most part.

And Im positive that young people are not aligned with only one political party (well, they mostly are).

I think it goes deeper than politics

Not sure I agree that it is split on party lines. I think media wants to spin it that way. And there are some extremists on both sides in this forum who like to push their narrative ........but if you look around at who is ignoring social distancing and masks, it is young people for the most part.

And Im positive that young people are not aligned with only one political party (well, they mostly are).

I think it goes deeper than politics

It's mainly people of lower socioeconomic levels regarding the non-mask abiders.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this article really just explains why the European version of the virus spreads more readily. It’s been known for some time that the European version was a mutation of the original Wuhan version and that it spread more readily. It’s why the US has such a high spread rate. I don’t think it’s a recent development.

What’s puzzling to me is how its just now being discussed and communicated- especially by folks like Fauci who should have data early. Ill be honest I dont think a whole lot of most of the folks who are looked at as experts - and no - I dont think being a high ranking government official means you are a good scientist, make good decisions or it means you are a good leader. And it certainly doesnt mean you are always right or the best source for information.

For all you mask wearing crusaders...

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary...f-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694

“Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”
Here’s an article written by the same authors from JAMA a month later.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2764955

For all you mask wearing crusaders...

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary...f-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762694

“Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.”
Incredibly dumb things to quote. The face mask has absolutely nothing to do with stopping you from getting COVID. It has to do with stopping you from spreading it. Specifically, the time before you know you have it or if you go symptom free and still carry and spread it without ever knowing. They 100% do stop you from spreading as much in that case.

Incredibly dumb things to quote. The face mask has absolutely nothing to do with stopping you from getting COVID. It has to do with stopping you from spreading it. Specifically, the time before you know you have it or if you go symptom free and still carry and spread it without ever knowing. They 100% do stop you from spreading as much in that case.

Here, let's try this. It's Face Mask 101 for Dummies.

420x0.jpg

Reactions: DW4_2016
ADVERTISEMENT