ADVERTISEMENT

Not Great Bob….

No way am I endorsing Kennedy but I am disappointed that he (or anyone else) cannot participate in the debate. Now odds are it will just be two old men yelling at clouds.
I really don't have a problem with that, because his campaign is not, and has never been, run in good faith. If this was a legit 3rd party candidate I would agree with you.

The fact that someone thinks the US can just give UKR to Russia is kinda frightening.
It’s been a sentiment for 35 years

680c0192-58a1-4956-823e-30bbe3847e47_text.gif

Just kidding. I was in Ukraine 2018 and 2019. The people are great. What’s been going on is a travesty. It’s been a complete diplomatic failure from several angles.

Last edited:
The job numbers are somewhat true, but not all the way. I work in the Tech sector from a Professional Services standpoint. Tech jobs fell off a cliff 18 months ago and have NOT recovered yet.
Tech boom was a zero rate phenomenon.

Reactions: coldbud1994
The fact that someone thinks the US can just give UKR to Russia is kinda frightening.
There are always exceptions, but I generally think most people just want America to be its best and do it's best to ensure the people of America are first.

Ive yet to find one "American" who doesn't want that. I've yet to meet one person when asked "do you think we should audit every taxpayer penny and lock up any one person who misspends it" and them say "nah, that's not a good idea." Honestly, I've yet to find that.

We all want the same, the only problem is there's people in this country who don't want that. That's not an American IMO. But they are here.

Last edited:
Great post … but I think one thing was clear, very early in the conflict … Russia was not a peer level adversary, and that is what was so shocking.

The only reason they ultimately win the UKR conflict is that they have more blood and flesh to sacrifice than the Ukrainians do.

And just a thing that I personally find much joy in ……. The SU57 has been found to be complete dog shit.
The best part is, they only have like 8-10 that are operational. Guess the good news for them is they didn’t spend a shitload on a massive order.

Also saw footage from the other day of an SU-30 firing a $500,000 missile to bring down a $30,000 drone.

There are always exceptions, but I generally think most people just want America to be its best and do it's best to ensure the people of America are first.

Ive yet to find one "American" who doesn't want that. I've yet to meet one person when asked "do you think we should audit every taxpayer penny and lock up any one person who misspends it" and them say "nah, that's not a good idea." Honestly, I've yet to fun into that.

We all want the same, the only problem is there's people in this country who don't want that. That's not an American IMO. But they are here.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tiger Guru
Meanwhile in the United States:

- Crime at near 50-year lows
- Stock market at record highs
- Wage growth strong for low earners
- Unemployment near record lows
- 16 million+ jobs added in the last 4 years
- 750K manufacturing jobs added in the last 4 years

vctrqmb6stj81e8y.gif
There are millions fewer people working now than before the pandemic hit on a percentage basis. Labor participation is lower than it has been since 2015.

And with a million new illegals pouring over the border every day now, by Christmas this country will be 94% Mexican. Do you really want your children to be Mexican?
Might as well just combine the two countries. A merger of equals

Last thread got deleted. Not sure why. Starting to think one of the mods beats it to stills of Vlad sitting at long tables.

But, things are deteriorating…badly. Russia looks on pace to set the all time record for fastest to go from world power to barter economy.

In May, the Yuan accounted for 54% of trading for the month. It’s now much higher with USD and Euro trading halted. Yuan supply at Russian banks is dwindling. Member banks had to take loans totaling 14.23 billion CN¥ from the RCB in the last week. And, it’s starting to look increasingly likely that trading of the yuan on Russian currency exchanges will be halted by the RCB in the coming days which will force the MOEX to halt yuan denominated trading, a move its already considering/knows it will likely be forced to make.

Puts China in a pretty tenuous position too. They have to keep up the flow of yuan to Russia, so russia can pay for Chinese imports. That means the barter relationship between the two gets more entrenched now, as Russia will likely turn to energy and materials exports to China to balance the ledger. The issue is compounded by the fact that the sanctions affect the NCC which registers/clears virtually all exchange transactions in Russia and through which Chinese bank arms domiciled in Russia normally have to operate. So, those banks will likely be forced to OTC markets for trading, or China will have to openly disregard the sanctions. Neither is ideal if you’re china.

Inflation is climbing again (up .75% m/m and 8.3% y/y), and now there is talk of bumping the RCB benchmark rate to 17-18% at July’s meeting. They can’t give away sovereign debt. An auction for 10-year bonds offering 12% coupons failed on Wednesday this week when the OFZ offering with a target raise of ₽550 billion managed to raise ₽20 billion (at an average discount of 270 bps) before being called by minister of finance for “lack of applications at acceptable price levels.” If that occurred in the US, the offering would be assigned in under 2 minutes at a significant premium.

Last week, a Stockholm tribunal ruled on the arbitration between Uniper (German NG supplier) and Gazprom in favor of Uniper and finding Gazprom in breech of contract. They ruled Gazprom owes $14 billion in damages incurred when they cut off supplies to Germany in ‘22. Uniper was forced to buy on the spot market as prices skyrocketed due in large part to Gazprom breaking contract and cutting off supply. They had to be bailed out and nationalized by the German gov. Ruling also allows Uniper to terminate future contracts that extend out to 2035. Really the only part of the ruling that matters, since it clears up a lot of uncertainty with IBs currently putting packages together to handle the privatization/re-IPO for uniper. Gazprom won’t pay, but it’s one more piece of a broader shitstorm for Russia.

Oh, and Russia has had to move SAM air defense batteries from the Kuril Islands to Crimea this week - a move that likely means Ukraine has destroyed a lot of russian air defense capabilities for which there are not available replacements. They wouldn’t be moving them from the Kurils to Vladivostok and then all the way across the country if they had options.

Go Ukraine !! Don't like paying for it, but the investment is starting to make returns...

I wish more people would feel like an outcast in both parties. If enough of us get there, maybe we can just cast the parties out instead.
I'll certainly vote for Trump over Biden, but you could put almost anyone's name against those 2 and I would vote for them. Our system is a joke.

Okay if we're going to do this, just don't bullshit me. You understand it. There's a direct correlation to maga politics.
I mean it’s primarily a vocal subset of hard right. Not sure id consider it a monolithic group, though. I think there is some dispersion in regards to reasoning that ranges from wanting greater fiscal oversight to less money/more targeted aid packages to isolationists to out and out Russian apologists. Tendency has been to view them all the same. I don’t see it that way. I would say that’s probably accurate for the more ignorant and hardline among that group, though. Sure.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I mean it’s primarily a vocal subset of hard right. Not sure id consider it a monolithic group, though. I think there is some dispersion in regards to reasoning that ranges from wanting greater fiscal oversight to less money/more targeted aid packages to isolationists to out and out Russian apologists. Tendency has been to view them all the same. I don’t see it that way. I would say that’s probably accurate for the more ignorant and hardline among that group, though. Sure.
Here's the thing though, the pro-Russia messaging on the right is coming from the most influential voices on the right. Trump, Tucker, Alex Jones, Bannon, the freedom caucus, etc. It's not merely some organic, grass roots subset of magas that sprang up on its own. It's coming directly from the top, including from Trump himself.

It still exists. It was moved to the other forum, which is exactly what will happen to this thread eventually.

OT: This could get interesting
Different thread. That one got moved like 2 minutes after I posted it. In an effort to piss off the mod that moved it, I just quoted myself and started another one on the TWZ. That’s the one that was deleted.

Reactions: clemsontiger02
I really don't have a problem with that, because his campaign is not, and has never been, run in good faith. If this was a legit 3rd party candidate I would agree with you.
I understand your reasoning. However, I think the odds are stacked against any third party candidate making noise. Or any internal party candidate going against grain. Both parties are so focused on end game rarely does a candidate have to face scrutiny internally. George W or Hillary are Prime examples. Nevermind the current Republican Party nominee.

Reactions: okclem
Here's the thing though, the pro-Russia messaging on the right is coming from the most influential voices on the right. Trump, Tucker, Alex Jones, Bannon, the freedom caucus, etc. It's not merely some organic, grass roots subset of magas that sprang up on its own. It's coming directly from the top, including from Trump himself.
So we're not doing this @BionicTiger? Shocker.

According to my sources …. Those sources that sell hotdogs and gross kartoshkas (big potatoes) outside self important offices, vlad is looking for new sources of weapons and manpower. Apparently. The short sighted and short statured from the far East is the way to go.

And with a million new illegals pouring over the border every day now, by Christmas this country will be 94% Mexican. Do you really want your children to be Mexican?
A million a day. Dear god man get a new info source

Reactions: Cabotiger
Last thread got deleted. Not sure why. Starting to think one of the mods beats it to stills of Vlad sitting at long tables.

But, things are deteriorating…badly. Russia looks on pace to set the all time record for fastest to go from world power to barter economy.

In May, the Yuan accounted for 54% of trading for the month. It’s now much higher with USD and Euro trading halted. Yuan supply at Russian banks is dwindling. Member banks had to take loans totaling 14.23 billion CN¥ from the RCB in the last week. And, it’s starting to look increasingly likely that trading of the yuan on Russian currency exchanges will be halted by the RCB in the coming days which will force the MOEX to halt yuan denominated trading, a move its already considering/knows it will likely be forced to make.

Puts China in a pretty tenuous position too. They have to keep up the flow of yuan to Russia, so russia can pay for Chinese imports. That means the barter relationship between the two gets more entrenched now, as Russia will likely turn to energy and materials exports to China to balance the ledger. The issue is compounded by the fact that the sanctions affect the NCC which registers/clears virtually all exchange transactions in Russia and through which Chinese bank arms domiciled in Russia normally have to operate. So, those banks will likely be forced to OTC markets for trading, or China will have to openly disregard the sanctions. Neither is ideal if you’re china.

Inflation is climbing again (up .75% m/m and 8.3% y/y), and now there is talk of bumping the RCB benchmark rate to 17-18% at July’s meeting. They can’t give away sovereign debt. An auction for 10-year bonds offering 12% coupons failed on Wednesday this week when the OFZ offering with a target raise of ₽550 billion managed to raise ₽20 billion (at an average discount of 270 bps) before being called by minister of finance for “lack of applications at acceptable price levels.” If that occurred in the US, the offering would be assigned in under 2 minutes at a significant premium.

Last week, a Stockholm tribunal ruled on the arbitration between Uniper (German NG supplier) and Gazprom in favor of Uniper and finding Gazprom in breech of contract. They ruled Gazprom owes $14 billion in damages incurred when they cut off supplies to Germany in ‘22. Uniper was forced to buy on the spot market as prices skyrocketed due in large part to Gazprom breaking contract and cutting off supply. They had to be bailed out and nationalized by the German gov. Ruling also allows Uniper to terminate future contracts that extend out to 2035. Really the only part of the ruling that matters, since it clears up a lot of uncertainty with IBs currently putting packages together to handle the privatization/re-IPO for uniper. Gazprom won’t pay, but it’s one more piece of a broader shitstorm for Russia.

Oh, and Russia has had to move SAM air defense batteries from the Kuril Islands to Crimea this week - a move that likely means Ukraine has destroyed a lot of russian air defense capabilities for which there are not available replacements. They wouldn’t be moving them from the Kurils to Vladivostok and then all the way across the country if they had options.

Wrong board dude. This needs to be deleted or moved as well. The board you're for is on the right.

A vacuum of power in Russia kind of is frightening in and of itself. A long win against Ukraine kind of devalues controlling Ukraine, especially if it was in and of itself a move of desperation to find a revenue stream from the tech sector there yet the brains and servers end up not being what they used to be. Then consider the mercenary who saw what was going on and thought Russia was so depleted that he could take over. Ended poorly for that guy, but it speaks to the level of weakness he saw (and estimated poorly). Now a third wave of signs of weakness. What becomes of the place? Who runs it next, Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell? ;) But srsly, I'd bet China sets Taiwan on the back burner and tries to pounce on the opportunity in some form or fashion. And as many fear-stoking BS theories are out there about China (I get a steady flow of them from my wife's nonagenarian aunt who still loves her some chain e-mails), the country is potentially formidable.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Bad wars start when countries are backed
into corners with absolutely no recourse. We don’t want the Russian Bear to take that response and have nothing to lose by kicking off some nukes our way or nuking our satellites. Kind of like Japan in World War II felt about our petroleum embargo that they felt was strangling them. They felt they had nothing to lose.. They went ahead and did something stupid like Pearl Harbor.

With regards to inflation it seems that the TV pundits and even the candidates don’t realize that it never goes back to where it was. 9% inflation from two years ago is still there and the 3% now is just adding onto it so we are at 12 to 15%.

You really believe Alex Jones is one of the most influential people on the right?

The job numbers are somewhat true, but not all the way. I work in the Tech sector from a Professional Services standpoint. Tech jobs fell off a cliff 18 months ago and have NOT recovered yet.

That is surprising since AI came out about the same time. I would have thought that would boost tech jobs, at least temporarily.

LoL you are so hopelessly full of shit, and you know it too. Stop trying to pretend you're a serious person.
This fvcking guy…weird people don’t try to have discussions with you. I literally pay 0 attention to anything any of those people you listed say with the exception of trump. You all care significantly more about what they say. The group that is listening to them is the same group we’ve already discussed. It isn’t the entire Republican Party. Carry on though.

@BionicTiger - I too find it somewhat frustrating that message board rules seem randomly enforced. Lots of inane threads or dual topics are left to clutter Main Board while legitimate ideas for discussion get banished to Siberia to wither and die in obscurity. PUN intended.

One of the greatest feats in human history is when the Unites States started having corrupt government officials steal money, mis-use money, lie and cheat in order to gain power over the very people funding their pockets. On top of that they then created a culture where it was shunned and frowned upon to discuss or critique them.

Meanwhile, they become multi-millionaires on taxpayer funded jobs and get the vast majority of their money after being elected.

All while you argue about:
who should get married or not married.
if a woman should be able to kill her kid
If the border that protects this country should be locked/closed
if it's ok to change the sex of children
The idea that making America great is somehow and "extreme thought" and should be rejected.
if the idea that being "woke" and offering equal rights is extreme thought and should be rejected.

One day, I hope they honestly write about just how great of a plan that was. Steal from the people but keep them from talking about. Keep them from even discussing it. Make everything a conspiracy and controlled the media, so that everything sounds like a conspiracy.

In fact, when they do start to catch on, throw out a social issue that distract them from what you're really doing.

We can't even discuss things anymore. I have no clue how you even move forward or grow if you can't even listen to the other side and come together. Nobody discusses anymore. Regardless of topic, very few people are even willing to learn anymore. Very few people do their own research on their own time, looking at different views, but yet somehow everyone trust their nightly News and their TV and we're all certified geniuses.

Whoever figured this how, certainly understood the art of psychology and honest to goodness, should be studied. It's a genius plan and it's working every day that passes. I mean, what a freakin gig!

Last edited:
This fvcking guy…weird people don’t try to have discussions with you. I literally pay 0 attention to anything any of those people you listed say with the exception of trump. You all care significantly more about what they say. The group that is listening to them is the same group we’ve already discussed. It isn’t the entire Republican Party. Carry on though.
🤣🤣 sure okay. What about Trump? Nobody in the maga party listens to that idiot, right?

Disingenuous, cherry picking phag

One of the greatest feats in human history is when the Unites States started having corrupt government officials steal money, mis-use money, lie and cheat in order to gain power over the very people funding their pockets. On top of that they then created a culture where it was shunned and frowned upon to discuss or critique them.

Meanwhile, they get become multi-millionaires on taxpayer funded jobs and get the vast majority of their money after being elected.

All while you argue about:
who should get married or not married.
if a woman should be able to kill her kid
If the border that protects this country should be locked/closed
if it's ok to change the sex of children
The idea that making America great is somehow and "extreme thought" and should be rejected.
if the idea that being "woke" and offering equal rights is extreme thought and should be rejected.

One day, I hope they honestly write about just how great of a plan that was. Steal from the people but keep them from talking about. Keep them from even discussing it. Make everything a conspiracy and controlled the media, so that everything sounds like a conspiracy.

In fact, when they do start to catch on, throw out a social issue that distract them from what you're really doing.

We can't even discuss things anymore. I have no clue how you even move forward or grow if you can't even listen to the other side and come together. Nobody discusses anymore. Regardless of topic, very few people are even willing to learn anymore. Very few people do their own research on their own time, looking at different views, but yet somehow everyone trust their nightly News and their TV and we're all certified geniuses.

Whoever figured this how, certainly understood the art of psychology and honest to goodness, should be studied. It's a genius plan and it's working every day that passes.
It's almost as we have mastered Russia's Art of Propaganda. Biggest difference, after the influencers got Stalin elected, he had them exiled, killed, or both. Putin understood the playbook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT