ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Parts of it were straight satanic. Mocking Christianity. Mocking Jesus. It was awful, but … Philippians 2:9-11. 🙏🏻💪🏻🙌🏻
The guy in your avatar has done the following...

• Teargassed a peaceful demonstration so he could be photographed in front of a church holding a bible upside down.
  • Couldn't provide a favorite bible verse (or couple of verses) when asked by pastors who were interviewing him at a convention.
  • Said that he has never asked God for forgiveness for anything he has ever done and didn't feel like he had ever done anything wrong that would require him to do so.
  • Recently did his own Billy Mays routine while rolling out his own line of Trump bibles in between the golden Trump shoes and Trump medallions.
A lot of people are mocking Christ and His teachings these days, that's for sure.

Nothing is more silly than non Christians explaining what Jesus taught. You cannot distill the teaching of Jesus down to a single thought or idea.
😅 I was a Christian for the first 20 years of my life, and I was quite involved in my church youth group. I was on fire for God, as they say. But the attitude of exclusion and judgment exhibited by most of you itt, is the exact reason I walked away from Christianity.

You do nothing but judge while pretending to be pious. It didn't even occur to any of you that I might have once been a Christian, or that I might be quite familiar with the Bible from my time as a Christian. I was one until the phony ones like y'all turned me off from the whole thing.

Just some food for thought. Evening, gents. Especially you @Cabotiger, you big silly!

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
You have absolutely no idea about what you're saying. Then again, that's not unusual. You telling people what The Bible says is pretty rich considering you don't believe and you don't know. What's so sad about you is that you love trying to enrage others. You're a pathetic and small person. I do pity you. I'm sorry you're this way and I do hope that some day you find a way out of this really sad state you're in.

Don't bother replying. Won't see it and couldn't care less what you have to say.
I bet you looked

• Teargassed a peaceful demonstration so he could be photographed in front of a church holding a bible upside down.
  • Couldn't provide a favorite bible verse (or couple of verses) when asked by pastors who were interviewing him at a convention.
  • Said that he has never asked God for forgiveness for anything he has ever done and didn't feel like he had ever done anything wrong that would require him to do so.
  • Recently did his own Billy Mays routine while rolling out his own line of Trump bibles in between the golden Trump shoes and Trump medallions.
A lot of people are mocking Christ and His teachings these days, that's for sure.
"When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."

- Michael Scott

😅 I was a Christian for the first 20 years of my life, and I was quite involved in my church youth group. I was on fire for God, as they say. But the attitude of exclusion and judgment exhibited by most of you itt, is the exact reason I walked away from Christianity.

You do nothing but judge while pretending to be pious. It didn't even occur to any of you that I might have once been a Christian, or that I might be quite familiar with the Bible from my time as a Christian. I was one until the phony ones like y'all turned me off from the whole thing.

Just some food for thought. Evening, gents. Especially you @Cabotiger, you big silly!
No one has made any claims about their Christian faith in this thread, other than it had been mocked in front of the world. Your claim that Christians in this thread are being exclusionary is false.

The people who mocked the last super were not being denied access while worshipping. They were mocking Christ and Christians.

Also, every religion, philosophy, and worldview has morals, best practices, guidelines, etc. attached. It is perfectly legitimate for Christians to have their moral code, and if you are going to be accepting and tolerant you have to defend that right, instead of attack it.

You have TDS, move along bud.

Wow. Thought it was appropriate for national television aka kids watching?
I was eating in a small restaurant last night in Bluffton where behind the bar they had a big TV showing the 6:00 local news that had body cam footage of a cop shooting a woman in the face while my 6 year old stared in wonder. So maybe we all just turn our TVs off and read a book?

I don’t care whether someone is Christian or not but I know a lot of strong independent thinkers who remain Christian and believe Jesus to be their savior while disliking the behavior of those around them. I’m surprised you would let behavior of those around you affect something you were so passionate about

I don’t care whether someone is Christian or not but I know a lot of strong independent thinkers who remain Christian and believe Jesus to be their savior while disliking the behavior of those around them. I’m surprised you would let behavior of those around you affect something you were so passionate about
Please

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Laurer
@Cabotiger, you big silly!
There has NEVER been a time in my life that I have EVER let how some people act control what I do.

I also think what you say is exclusion is actually some people just don't believe it is right, but they don't exclude the individual.

But if those things made you "walk away from Christianity" then you were never a Christian. A Christian doesn't walk, or run, away when the going gets tough. That is when Christians are supposed to "double down".

Reactions: loveoysters
There has NEVER been a time in my life that I have EVER let how some people act control what I do.

I also think what you say is exclusion is actually some people just don't believe it is right, but they don't exclude the individual.

But if those things made you "walk away from Christianity" then you were never a Christian. I Christian does walk, or run, away when the going gets tough. That is when Christians are supposed to "double down".
Aw I'm sowwy I didn't Christian properly enough for you.

You are so impressive 👏

Reactions: fatpiggy
Why does everything have to have an agenda? Why not just have a really cool ceremony celebrating your incredible city and country? The parade of boats in the river was so unique and awesome.

Why does today’s society always have to do just a little something to show disrespect? It’s weird.

Why does everything have to have an agenda? Why not just have a really cool ceremony celebrating your incredible city and country? The parade of boats in the river was so unique and awesome.

Why does today’s society always have to do just a little something to show disrespect? It’s weird.
The vast majority of viewers don't think there was anything disrespectful at all. Even the vast majority of Christians don't think it was disrespectful.

But I'm sure it'll seem different at church tomorrow.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger

Because people who are dedicated to the arts are often extremely different from most other people. We love to go to Cirque shows. I love all the acrobatic stuff. We accept that there’s going to be some very strange artistic occurrences because that’s how the people who produce the show view art.

Because people who are dedicated to the arts are often extremely different from most other people. We love to go to Cirque shows. I love all the acrobatic stuff. We accept that there’s going to be some very strange artistic occurrences because that’s how the people who produce the show view art.
😅 that's a fair point. A lot of this just comes down to straight artistic weirdness.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
😅 that's a fair point. A lot of this just comes down to straight artistic weirdness.

Yep. No one who looks or acts like your typical average college football fan from the South is designing or producing any of this. I’ve been to some weird ass productions in my day and enjoyed most all of them. I just have to accept that about 80% of it is for regular joes like me and 20% of it is something I will never understand and that’s ok

Reactions: okclem
Personally, I had no problems with it. But I think clearly they were insinuating the last supper and had to realize that some would be upset. Just saying that it would’ve been just as cool and artsy by not inserting religion into sports.

I would find it annoying, for example, if America, in 4 years, did a weird deal with Muhammad that was just weird art. But maybe some Islamic people didn’t appreciate it. I think there are plenty of ways to present art without any direct religious connotation.

Obviously some people look to be offended by anything so you can’t please everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: fatpiggy
Why anyone would be surprised that the French would put something out there that is truly out there? This is the country that gave us French New Wave Cinema and Mimes. Marcel Marceau is considered a great artist and they absolutely love Jerry Lewis. Their biggest complaint about the Reign of Terror was there was not more heads cut-off. These people consider snails and raw hamburger delicacies to be savored. ( I actually like both). Everyone of France's former colonies collapsed into war zones and/or terrorist hubs. Did I mention the Army went on strike during the Great War? How about their idea to stop another German invasion was to build a wall as if Germans would not go around or fly over. (Another reason Walls on Borders is bullshit and a waste of money). The only way the Frogs could slow the German down was to put toll booths on the Autobahn connecting the two countries.

If I could say one positive about France is that their National Anthem absolutely slaps. Between the melody and the chorus it is a banger. Listen and read the translation if you don't believe me.

Why anyone would be surprised that the French would put something out there that is truly out there? This is the country that gave us French New Wave Cinema and Mimes. Marcel Marceau is considered a great artist and they absolutely love Jerry Lewis. Their biggest complaint about the Reign of Terror was there was not more heads cut-off. These people consider snails and raw hamburger delicacies to be savored. ( I actually like both). Everyone of France's former colonies collapsed into war zones and/or terrorist hubs. Did I mention the Army went on strike during the Great War? How about their idea to stop another German invasion was to build a wall as if Germans would not go around or fly over. (Another reason Walls on Borders is bullshit and a waste of money). The only way the Frogs could slow the German down was to put toll booths on the Autobahn connecting the two countries.

If I could say one positive about France is that their National Anthem absolutely slaps. Between the melody and the chorus it is a banger. Listen and read the translation if you don't believe me.

If only their bite matched its bark ….

Have followed Gojira for over ten years now, seen them live, etc. Was so happy for them yesterday and for the extreme metal scene as a whole. The staging for that part was perfection

I noticed you left out the Statue of Liberty?

• Haha
Reactions: BigPapaWhit
I’m not sure what I expected. But, the next 3 months are going to be insufferable….

Reactions: okclem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT